Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Saneth said:
Computergeek, thanks for the advice. I guess I'll change my address to my husband's Toronto address, which is where I'm going after my home closes. However, looking at your side bar, it looks like it was only 2 weeks from the time you got your PPR to Visa.
LA asked for my physical passport. I submitted it, along with evidence that I had pre-booked work travel: I was scheduled to appear in a US Federal Court. They weren't going to move that court date just because CIC couldn't get my passport back. I did have a contingency plan (I'd learned not to trust CIC to do anything in a timely fashion) but I think in my case they were glad to have me out of their hair as much as I was glad to be out of it. So my timeline is atypical (had it gone according to the anticipated schedule, I'd be getting my COPR right about now...)

saintsim1

Star Member
Nov 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2013
Doc's Request.
04-16-2014
AOR Received.
10-29-2013
File Transfer...
10-29-2013
Med's Done....
08-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-21-2014
LANDED..........
Hello everyone

I have been reading the posts here for some time now, and admit it is very informative.
On April 16th I received RPRF, CSQ and residency proof from CIC. My ecas has never changed from application received, although the email received mentioned that they are processing my application. Also there was no PPR in the email, which I thought they request together with RPRF. What do you guys read into this? is this usual? thanks in advance for all inputs Smiley Cheesy Grin

Timeline

App recd 10/10/14
Med recd 08/01/14
RPRF+docs 4/16/14

Saneth

Star Member
Jul 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2013
AOR Received.
23-10-2013
File Transfer...
06-11-2013
Med's Done....
24-09-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014
We applied roughly the same time, I received my PPR on 4/17, and my status on the website also says "Application Received." I'm checking it every day now in hopes the status will change soon. Since I've received my PPR without the status being changed on the website, I wouldn't read too much into it.

saintsim1

Star Member
Nov 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2013
Doc's Request.
04-16-2014
AOR Received.
10-29-2013
File Transfer...
10-29-2013
Med's Done....
08-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-21-2014
LANDED..........
Saneth said:
We applied roughly the same time, I received my PPR on 4/17, and my status on the website also says "Application Received." I'm checking it every day now in hopes the status will change soon. Since I've received my PPR without the status being changed on the website, I wouldn't read too much into it.

Thanks, good to know. And congrats to you!

saintsim1

Star Member
Nov 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2013
Doc's Request.
04-16-2014
AOR Received.
10-29-2013
File Transfer...
10-29-2013
Med's Done....
08-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-21-2014
LANDED..........
Man! Where are you Mr COPR? :)

ACKSteve

Apr 23, 2014
Sorry this is my first time posting and I had a question that's been bothering me and a confusing situation.

I'm a US citizen, my wife Canadian and is my sponsor.

My application for PR was received on January 27, 2014.
My wife was approved to be my sponsor on February 25, 2014 and my application was forwarded to CPP-Ottawa.

When I filed my application I was staying with my wife on a 6 month visitor visa in Canada.(I applied to extend my visa which was granted until March 2015 with the condition of no woe etc) On the application for PR I listed my current residence as her apt. in Canada and listed my permanent residence as my address here in the States.

I have currently come back to the states to work and have been back and forth to Canada every few weeks.

My question is, do I have to change my current residence to my home back here in the states or am I fine to leave it as it is written on my application?

thanks!

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
ACKSteve said:
I have currently come back to the states to work and have been back and forth to Canada every few weeks.

My question is, do I have to change my current residence to my home back here in the states or am I fine to leave it as it is written on my application?

thanks!
hmmm.... i would think if you travel back and forth that frequently, it's safest to keep it as is. as long as both addresses you are staying at are on the application, then my opinion is that it's not worth it.

Yaak

Star Member
Aug 30, 2012
Salt Spring Island, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
05-06-2014
Doc's Request.
26-08-2014
AOR Received.
SA 01-08-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2014
LANDED..........
17-01-2015
OK, after months of work, we are just about ready to send in my PR application but have a couple of nagging questions:

1. Option C Printout - My Canadian citizen partner and sponsor has lived and worked in the US since 1978, paying taxes here, and has no Option C Printout. We noted that fact on the application and included a copy of her most recent federal 1040 income tax return. Will this suffice to meet CIC needs?

2. Form IMM5540 - Question 9 asks "Are you a naturalized Canadian or permanent resident of Canada?" My partner and sponsor immigrated to Canada from the UK with her family as a child. We have a date from her "Commemoration of Canadian Citizenship" certificate for when she became a naturalized citizen. However, we cannot answer the followup questions of "On what date did you become a permanent resident?" or "Which Canadian visa office issued your immigrant visa or confirmation of permanent residence?" She came to Canada in 1960 at the age of 5. Both parents are deceased.

The same problems arise for question 10, "Were you yourself sponsored to come to Canada?" She does not remember and we have no idea what the sponsorship requirements were in 1960. We have currently drafted a brief summary of her circumstances of immigration to explain why we cannot provide the information requested for questions 9 &10. Will this be a problem? Any suggestions on a better way to handle it? There is no question as to her citizenship (we're providing copies of her citizenship card and Canadian passport). It's just the details and dates we cannot come up with.

Any insights from this group's wealth of experience would be appreciated. Thank you.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Yaak said:
1. Option C Printout - My Canadian citizen partner and sponsor has lived and worked in the US since 1978, paying taxes here, and has no Option C Printout. We noted that fact on the application and included a copy of her most recent federal 1040 income tax return. Will this suffice to meet CIC needs?
Yes, you'll be fine. They are mostly interested in ensuring you won't require social assistance. In making that determination they will consider the income, skills and assets of both sponsor and applicant.

Yaak said:
2. Form IMM5540 - Question 9 asks "Are you a naturalized Canadian or permanent resident of Canada?" My partner and sponsor immigrated to Canada from the UK with her family as a child. We have a date from her "Commemoration of Canadian Citizenship" certificate for when she became a naturalized citizen. However, we cannot answer the followup questions of "On what date did you become a permanent resident?" or "Which Canadian visa office issued your immigrant visa or confirmation of permanent residence?" She came to Canada in 1960 at the age of 5. Both parents are deceased.
Provide the best estimate and attach a sheet explaining that this is an estimate because it occurred when your sponsor was a child. Note: this should actually be on the Record of Landing. You CAN order a duplicate copy of the Record of Landing if necessary.

Yaak said:
The same problems arise for question 10, "Were you yourself sponsored to come to Canada?" She does not remember and we have no idea what the sponsorship requirements were in 1960. We have currently drafted a brief summary of her circumstances of immigration to explain why we cannot provide the information requested for questions 9 &10. Will this be a problem? Any suggestions on a better way to handle it? There is no question as to her citizenship (we're providing copies of her citizenship card and Canadian passport). It's just the details and dates we cannot come up with.
No, she wasn't sponsored. She landed as a dependent of her parents. That's not sponsorship.

It won't be an issue because the real reason they ask this question is that someone who WAS sponsored (spouse/partner class) cannot sponsor a spouse/partner for 5 years following the date they become a permanent resident of Canada.

Evadyrrehs

Nov 4, 2013
Moncton NB Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 24/2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
Nov 13/2014
File Transfer...
SA Nov 13/2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 22/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
DM June 2/2015 and COPR arrived June 10/2015
LANDED..........
June 15/2015 Yay! 8) PR card arrived Sept 3/2015
Hope it's okay to ask this question here? I read before somewhere that to sponsor outland you needed to go with your partner to the US and then bring them back into Canada together and do all the speaking to convince the agent to let your spouse through, is this true? Can you have your partner come to Canada, get married, then apply to sponsor outland without having to go back and cross the US/Canada border again? Thanks :)

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Evadyrrehs said:
Hope it's okay to ask this question here? I read before somewhere that to sponsor outland you needed to go with your partner to the US and then bring them back into Canada together and do all the speaking to convince the agent to let your spouse through, is this true? Can you have your partner come to Canada, get married, then apply to sponsor outland without having to go back and cross the US/Canada border again? Thanks :)
are you asking about landing once the pr is approved or visiting while application is in process?

The sponsor does not need to be with applicant if the applicant is crossing border to visit. When visiting, it's important for the applicant to show strong ties to US which can include, recent paystubs/work contract, lease agreement, mortgage papers, etc. The fact that family and belongings are in US is not strong enough for CBSA. IT's very important to always use the term "visiting", not moving. Also, be careful of texts and emails in phone/computer. They have the right to go through everything.
If you have intentions to apply soon, it helps to have the forms with you when crossing, also paying application fees/medical fees will show proof of your intention too.

In regards to landing, i'm not sure if the sponsor has to actually be there. hopefully some senior members can be more helpful there.

Evadyrrehs

Nov 4, 2013
Moncton NB Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 24/2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
Nov 13/2014
File Transfer...
SA Nov 13/2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 22/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Thanks for the response and info rhcohen2014.

Visiting while application is being processed is what I meant. My fiance came to visit me last July and we applied for an extension before her 6 month allowed visit would have been up, so now she has till June 30th to stay here and will have lived with me for 1 year by then. We are planning for her to go back to the US for a few weeks on June 30th then come back again to visit. During the next visit we would get married and then apply outland we are thinking. Just wondering if we were to apply outland while she is here on a visit would we need to cross into the US and then come back again to make outland official etc? Thanks :)

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Evadyrrehs said:
Thanks for the response and info rhcohen2014.

Visiting while application is being processed is what I meant. My fiance came to visit me last July and we applied for an extension before her 6 month allowed visit would have been up, so now she has till June 30th to stay here and will have lived with me for 1 year by then. We are planning for her to go back to the US for a few weeks on June 30th then come back again to visit. During the next visit we would get married and then apply outland we are thinking. Just wondering if we were to apply outland while she is here on a visit would we need to cross into the US and then come back again to make outland official etc? Thanks :)
she can be in canada while you submit the application. outland just means she doesn't live in canada, and holds residence in another country. she can be there as a visitor while application is submitted. i was visiting my husband when we sent our paperwork in. it's certainly cheaper to send it from canada. definitely make sure she carries the application and all paperwork with her, and pay for some of the fees before she tries to cross again. technically, she's used up her 6 mo. visitor allowance. from what i've been told by CBSA when i cross the border, the six mo. is per calendar year, and it doesn't get reset once you go back. though, that could just be what 1 agent says. if they see your intentions of getting married and applying for pr, they *may* say differently. make sure to have proof of your upcoming marriage too... marriage license, receipts for deposits, invitation, etc.

Evadyrrehs

Nov 4, 2013
Moncton NB Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 24/2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
Nov 13/2014
File Transfer...
SA Nov 13/2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 22/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oh okay well that may change things a bit, yikes! I was reading people saying that a person just has to go back to the US when their time to stay here in Canada is up, then come back into Canada and their allowance to stay as a visitor would start all over again?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Evadyrrehs said:
Oh okay well that may change things a bit, yikes! I was reading people saying that a person just has to go back to the US when their time to stay here in Canada is up, then come back into Canada and their allowance to stay as a visitor would start all over again?
yeah, i've read that too, and i'm not sure if i believe it. My quesiton for them would be if they've actually been successful staying for over 6 months on an extention, then go back to the US just to return for another 6 mo stay in the same year and not be married/ have application in? it would be great to hear stories of that ACTUALLY happening, not in theory. i've also heard that if the application is in already, then they are a lot more leinant on that rule. again, i was told by CBSA while at the border that it's per calendar year. Each agent may believe/say differently, and of course every situation is different. i've never tried to push the issue, and have been very careful with my lengths of stay because of what i've personally been told. from my experience, they are a lot tougher on couples who are not married yet, so i'm sure showing intention for marriage and applying for PR helps your case. also, it's SUPER important she always carries proof of ties to the US. The last thing you want to happen is for her to get an exclusion order for 1 year. Happened to me when we were dating because i was crossin A LOT and didn't show any proof of ties. I was very naive about it, and i didn't realize something like that would actually happen. Now I bring every bit of proof of my life in the US with me.