US FBI Police Clearance Scan Copy Image - Background text

jack_is_jack

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
18-12-2014
I am pretty sure there also thousands of people, who applied with PCC from channellers and got approved, they just silent now :D

Please rise your voices. I see how many people are going "fast way", don't believe there weren't before.

moonpat83

Star Member
Sep 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jack_is_jack said:
I am pretty sure there also thousands of people, who applied with PCC from channellers and got approved, they just silent now :D

Please rise your voices. I see how many people are going "fast way", don't believe there weren't before.
According to Cic only GC holders and US citizens can use channellers, don't think there would be lot many of those queueing up for PR :)

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
moonpat83 said:
According to Cic only GC holders and US citizens can use channellers, don't think there would be lot many of those queueing up for PR :)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ you might be surprised

jack_is_jack

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
18-12-2014
The question here why should CIC care? That is FBI rule and channellers problem if they brake the rule.

Channellers don't even ask are you a citizen or not, moreover they have passport and know your citizenship and still offering fast service.

CIC just provide a copy of the rule from the FBI website, it's not like a CIC rule, it's just a FAQ, they shouldn't care how I obtain it if it is a legal copy from FBI.

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
jack_is_jack said:
The question here why should CIC care? That is FBI rules and channellers problem if they brake the rule.

CIC just provide a copy of the rule from the FBI website, it's not like a CIC rule, it's just a FAQ, they shouldn't care how I obtain it if it is a legal copy from FBI.
You're missing the point here...

OptimisticHope

Star Member
Dec 21, 2016
moonpat83 said:
No offense but there are thousands of people on this forum who have obtained the PCC the normal way. They could have also taken the shortcut if they thought it was legal. If you want to risk your application just because your agent told you then it's your call. But as I said earlier missing PCC or incomplete PCC is one of the main reasons for rejection. If you scan the document for uploading it will be watermarked as copy while the one from FBI will not be watermarked. All the best to you.
Moonpat83 : Are you sure that original FBI issued report will not watermarked with words "COPY".....Your statement contradicting with below FBI Word press ...Please refer.

https://policeclearanceinfo.wordpress.com/2014/08/14/how-to-apostille-a-fbi-identity-history-summary-check/

Text copied from this page :

First ensure you have the correct FBI Check…

The U.S. Department of State (USDOS) Office of Authentications in Washington DC is the only agency that can issue an Apostille for an FBI Check, which comes in the form of a separate riveted goldenrod page. The cost for this federal Apostille is $8.

To be eligible to receive an Apostille by the U.S. Department of State, a proper FBI Identity History Summary Check should be issued on grey security paper and signed by Kimberly J. Del Greco, Section Chief of the Biometric Service Section. Only original FBI Checks are eligible to receive the Apostille. You know your FBI Check is original if the photocopy you make of it reveals the “COPY” watermark. Neither FBI “Fieldprints” that can be printed from your computer nor photocopies of FBI Checks can be issued an Apostille by the USDOS at the moment, but that may be changing.

moonpat83

Star Member
Sep 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OptimisticHope said:
Moonpat83 : Are you sure that original FBI issued report will not watermarked with words "COPY".....Your statement contradicting with below FBI Word press ...Please refer.

https://policeclearanceinfo.wordpress.com/2014/08/14/how-to-apostille-a-fbi-identity-history-summary-check/

The U.S. Department of State (USDOS) Office of Authentications in Washington DC is the only agency that can issue an Apostille for an FBI Check, which comes in the form of a separate riveted goldenrod page. The cost for this federal Apostille is $8.

To be eligible to receive an Apostille by the U.S. Department of State, a proper FBI Identity History Summary Check should be issued on grey security paper and signed by Kimberly J. Del Greco, Section Chief of the Biometric Service Section. Only original FBI Checks are eligible to receive the Apostille. You know your FBI Check is original if the photocopy you make of it reveals the “COPY” watermark. Neither FBI “Fieldprints” that can be printed from your computer nor photocopies of FBI Checks can be issued an Apostille by the USDOS at the moment, but that may be changing.
I submitted my PCC a year ago which did not have any watermarks. Things might have changed after that so no im not sure

julientran

Apr 10, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
20-12-3016
OptimisticHope said:

The FBI stopped using the secured paper 2 years ago. The PCC from the FBI is printed on a white paper while the channellers use their own watermarked paper which is not even the one used by the FBI in the past.

julientran

Apr 10, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
20-12-3016
Tman01 said:
I think, using channeler service is just fine and wording in CIC website is just FYI.
If you search the forum, you'll see people got denied because they used the channeller way. I think they know it's from the channeller if watermarked, while the PCC from FBI is not watermark.
It's nearly impossible to remove the watermark after scanning so it's real up to him if he wants to take a chance.

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
Tman01 said:
I think, using channeler service is just fine and wording in CIC website is just FYI.
I think this is bad advice.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
pxyarala said:
Hi jes_ON,

But the big question is will CIC accept this PCC which is a copy. CIC clearly mentions on the webpage that only Original PCCs will be accepted.
Hi - OK, sorry, so I had to update myself on a few things : ) My PCC - issued directly from the FBI - had the watermark, but that was before they changed the paper they were using.

So - others are correct, the watermark tells IRCC that you obtained the PCC from a channeler. (It is an "original" document, but not directly issued by the FBI).

On the other hand, the IRCC website no longer states that they do not accept PCCs issued by channelers. It provides a link to approved channelers.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/united-states.asp

HOWEVER - It also states that use of channelers is only "available" to US Citizens and PRs. Ambiguous, I agree. But if a non-Citizen/PR obtained an PCC through a channeler, I would think that IRCC would not consider it "legitimate."

It is quite possible that some people have done it and gotten away with it. Even if that is true, there is no guarantee that you will, too.

There are 3 possible outcomes if you submit the PCC:
1 - it is accepted
2 - your application is returned as incomplete, because you lack a valid US PCC
3 - IRCC requests that you submit a new PCC, and your application is held up for another 12 weeks while you wait for it.

How much of a gambler are you?

Personally, I would apply for a new PCC directly from the FBI. And lose the consultant.

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
jes_ON said:
Hi - OK, sorry, so I had to update myself on a few things : ) My PCC - issued directly from the FBI - had the watermark, but that was before they changed the paper they were using.

So - others are correct, the watermark tells IRCC that you obtained the PCC from a channeler. (It is an "original" document, but not directly issued by the FBI).

On the other hand, the IRCC website no longer states that they do not accept PCCs issued by channelers. It provides a link to approved channelers.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/united-states.asp

HOWEVER - It also states that use of channelers is only "available" to US Citizens and PRs. Ambiguous, I agree. But if a non-Citizen/PR obtained an PCC through a channeler, I would think that IRCC would not consider it "legitimate."

It is quite possible that some people have done it and gotten away with it. Even if that is true, there is no guarantee that you will, too.

There are 3 possible outcomes if you submit the PCC:
1 - it is accepted
2 - your application is returned as incomplete, because you lack a valid US PCC
3 - IRCC requests that you submit a new PCC, and your application is held up for another 12 weeks while you wait for it.

How much of a gambler are you?

Personally, I would apply for a new PCC directly from the FBI. And lose the consultant.

Something else to add here, some channelers only send an electronic copy (usually within minutes of your appointment). Since these are electronic and cannot be scanned, there is no watermark.

Speaking from experience, IRCC will not request a new PCC; they will straight up reject your application and tell you to create a new profile for EE if you're still interested in moving to Canada.

Tman01

Jan 20, 2017
julientran said:
If you search the forum, you'll see people got denied because they used the channeller way. I think they know it's from the channeller if watermarked, while the PCC from FBI is not watermark.
It's nearly impossible to remove the watermark after scanning so it's real up to him if he wants to take a chance.

Just Curious, No Offense Please. How does CIC know if a person providing PCC through channeler is a US Permanent resident(Who is perfectly fine to get PCC through Channeler) or not(Who is not allowed to provide PCC through Channeler). I don't remember specifying details about permanent residency in the CIC application. CIC only asks for citizenships right?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Tman01 said:
Just Curious, No Offense Please. How does CIC know if a person providing PCC through channeler is a US Permanent resident(Who is perfectly fine to get PCC through Channeler) or not(Who is not allowed to provide PCC through Channeler). I don't remember specifying details about permanent residency in the CIC application. CIC only asks for citizenships right?
The generic application form asks for previous countries of residence in the past 5 years, and your status in those countries.