+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Upfront Medical for Dependent after ITA - What Type??

Makolutus

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
Based on the difference between EDE and non-EDE, I seriously think that the type should be Non-EDE only for PR applicants. It is safe to assume Temporary workers/visitors will not pose "Excessive Demand" to the Canadian economy because the nature of their stay is temporary/short-lived (when compared to immigrants. Since Permanent residents intend to stay there for a long time/permanently, it is reasonable that CIC wants to check if they have any problems that would be a burden on the Canadian Economy. So Non NDE would be the suitable category for immigrants.

PS:

EDE ==> Excessive Demand Exempt

Let me know what you think!

I still think it is very important to verify this with an authentic source.
Dear rajkamalmohanram ,

Please see the below link -

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/medic/assess/using.asp

It is clearly mentioned that - A medical assessment is interchangeable and can be used for other immigration categories, unless the medical officer imposed one of the following limitations-
The most commonly used limitations are:

“Assessed as excessive demand exempt only”. A new immigration medical examination is required if the applicant applies under an immigration category that is no longer excessive demand exempt (e.g. the foreign national applied as sponsored spouse (FC-1) and now applies as Federal Skilled Worker)
“Assessed as Temporary Resident only”. A new immigration medical examination is required if the applicant applies for permanent resident status or extend his or her stay in Canada.

From this what my understanding is, the category really does not matter if the assessment does not impose any limitations on your medical examination. Now I am not sure how we will come to know if they impose any limitation on the medical assessment report.

Makolutus

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

In another thread "express-entry-applicants-who-received-aor-connect-here", I found 2 of the applicants, who did there medical under Family-EDE and got their PR...

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Makolutus said:
Hi All,

In another thread "express-entry-applicants-who-received-aor-connect-here", I found 2 of the applicants, who did there medical under Family-EDE and got their PR...
Thank you for finding that, since my clinic did the same exam on me and my partner!

toronto_engg

Star Member
Aug 17, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2015
AOR Received.
09-08-2015
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
i am in canada
i called cic hotline
they said as my medical was done for a worker its incorrect for the PR application.
I think my doctor messed up and selected the wrong category while sending cic the reports.

Can anyone whose medical got cleared mention their IME and Upfront medical type details from their medical proof?

diana0220

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
I called them two minutes ago two times,

first agent send me a link but nothing useful,
second agent told me i should choose for pr, i told him there is no such choice, he said i should choose worker, because it is my current status, and my spouse who is outside canada should be family,

really confuse, does anyone who pass the medical and got pr the type is worker?

boske83

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Family category is the only one available in eMedical which is referring to the permanent residence.

I have checked for differences on CIC pages again:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp VS http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-temp.asp , and the only difference I could find is that Temporary resident's page has additional few lines under Medical exam instructions -> Two ways -> Undergo your medical exam before you submit your application section:
"You can contact a panel physician directly to get your medical exam if you apply under one of the following categories:

Workers
Students
Visitors (including Parent and Grandparent Super Visa)"

Family category is not mentioned here, and it remains the only one for PR applications. This does not make sense for me since exam is same, but maybe CIC is seeing some logic within this, and that is the reason for refusals. My logic says EDE is not good, and Non-EDE is good, but that is only my personal opinion.

We need to contact CIC somehow and find out what is the issue, and then react according to CIC instructions. I am not sure if doctors can somehow fix this mess, but if we need to do medicals again because of their mess - it would be really bad situation for doctor...

boske83

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow, two calls by toronto_engg and diana0220 and two opposite responses. CIC must be having a party, and it is on applicants account. :(

hossamo33

Mar 17, 2015
toronto_engg said:
i am in canada
i called cic hotline
they said as my medical was done for a worker its incorrect for the PR application.
I think my doctor messed up and selected the wrong category while sending cic the reports.

Can anyone whose medical got cleared mention their IME and Upfront medical type details from their medical proof?
what the hell? i did NON-EDE, Worker type!! I just called up the clinic, and they said they already submitted my application and it cannot be changed! What do i do? Should i go for another test or what? The test is freakin expensive!!! This is bullshit !!!

Makolutus

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is really confusing.....Every CIC agent is having differnt opinion... What to do now?

hossamo33

Mar 17, 2015
I called up my clinic again to check if the medical tests for Family and Worker were any different, and the nurse said not at all. I think at this point, the best thing to do is to add a LOE and try and explain to the VO.

Family-EDE makes no sense at all !

charger01

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2015
Nomination.....
06-08-2015
AOR Received.
24-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-21-2016
VISA ISSUED...
02-02-2016
LANDED..........
02-05-2016
Even if we redo what should be selected..am sure the people doing the medical will select the same thing they selected earlier..

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Guys,

I've mailed the visa medicals department of the hospital in my locality where panel physicians are available. Let's see what they say.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
And just when I thought the VO had a problem only with me...

My medicals had passed successfully in 3 days from submission and the category was non-EDE/Worker. So I guess that works for some VOs. ::)

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
And just when I thought the VO had a problem only with me...

My medicals had passed successfully in 3 days from submission and the category was non-EDE/Worker. So I guess that works for some VOs. ::)
This is a very pathetic situation Asivad. Even people at CIC have different opinions on this. What the hell? For them its only an application but for the applicant, it means life. I am very disappointed with CIC's attitude in this issue.