+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Upfront Medical for Dependent after ITA - What Type??

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
toronto_engg said:
Hi
so i submitted my CEC application 2-3 weeks back. I got a cancellation message from cic that my application is not complete
They mentioned:

Specifically, your application does not include the following elements:
- Upfront medical report
- Invalid medical as medical has been assessed for Temporary residence only

So the medical test i got done in toronto for me and my wife have below details:
IME type: Non - EDE
Upfront medical type - worker

Me and my wife had same status on our information sheet we submitted as proof.

I do not understand the reason they would cancel? is it because my medical type was worker?

Please share experience
This is the second time an applicant (since yesterday) has been rejected because of the wrong category in medicals. This is really, really annoying. There are no clear instructions on what should be selected and it is the applicant who pays the price for that? What nonsense is this? I am seriously appalled and something has to be done. CIC should be informed about this. This is not at all acceptable. :( :( . I am so sorry.

People who have completed your medicals,

Please tell us what category is written on your upfront medical form. Thanks!!

ht7

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can we call someone to confirm this?

Makolutus

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All,

In another thread in the forum, I found that one person whose application approved, had done medical with "Family-EDE" category.

This is annoying. Did anyone call CIC?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I asked around about the type mentioned on the Upfront medical form. Mixed answers :( .

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-applicants-who-received-aor-connect-here-t269696.0.html;msg4573302#msg4573302

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/fswp2014-applicants-from-india-with-files-transferred-to-warsaw-visa-office-t268856.0.html;msg4573274#msg4573274

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/fswp2014-applicants-from-india-with-files-transferred-to-warsaw-visa-office-t268856.0.html;msg4573019#msg4573019

EDIT: More..

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/new-delhi-2014-applicants-t180473.0.html;msg4573423#msg4573423

ht7

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have 7 days to submit docs, just took another appointment, I have to drive 4 hours for this freaking thing. Is there any chance the tests are same so I can avoid another checkup? (I would ask the clinic, but of course the immigration 'expert' there only works 2 days a week)

boske83

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
More input from TRV pages... Looks like the TRV medical was accepted for PR too in the past...

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/urgent-query-regarding-medicals-t171897.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/trv-for-spouse-after-pr-application-islamabad-medical-needed-t157172.0.html

However, there is some difference in medical exam assessment which is described here - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/medic/assess/using.asp - in the section "Limitations on the immigration medical assessment". I wonder what this means - “Assessed as Temporary Resident only” and how it is marked on our Upfront Medical Exam printout sheets.

EDE vs Non-EDE - it is easy, Non-EDE is a bit stricter type of assessment.
"EDE
EDE clients are those who are exempted from assessment of excessive demand on the Canadian health care system.
However, EDE clients are assessed for:
Danger to public health;
Danger to public safety.

Non-EDE
Non-EDE clients are assessed for:
Danger to public health;
Danger to public safety;
Excessive demand on the Canadian health care system."

That means that Non-EDE category will be refused if they conclude that applicant requires serious health care, which is defined in some amount of CAD per year.

Will keep digging for the info...

ht7

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Exams under Worker Non EDE that i went through:

501 Medical Examination
502 Chest X-ray Examination
707 HIV test
712 Syphilis Test (VDRL or RPR)

I will appreciate it if someone can list the exams under Family category.

boske83

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ht7 said:

501 Medical Examination
707 HIV test

Exactly same for my wife, my boy and myself.

ht7

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I tried calling the 1888 242 2100 number but its not accessible from outside Canada it seems, cant find any other number. I dont want to use their web portal because they take 3+ weeks to reply.

Makolutus

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ht7 said:

501 Medical Examination
707 HIV test

Exams are same for both me and my wife...

Only Difference is Me = Worker/Non-EDE , My Wife = Family-EDE/EDE

boske83

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ht7 said:
I tried calling the 1888 242 2100 number but its not accessible from outside Canada it seems, cant find any other number. I dont want to use their web portal because they take 3+ weeks to reply.
Yep, cannot call from outside Canada... :( We need someone from inside to make the call for us and clarify things with CIC, since this is crazy situation... :(

Guys, if anyone can call CIC and clarify this subject, it would be extremely helpful... and we can try to order beer somehow and send it to your address :)

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Based on the difference between EDE and non-EDE, I seriously think that the type should be Non-EDE only for PR applicants. It is safe to assume Temporary workers/visitors will not pose "Excessive Demand" to the Canadian economy because the nature of their stay is temporary/short-lived (when compared to immigrants. Since Permanent residents intend to stay there for a long time/permanently, it is reasonable that CIC wants to check if they have any problems that would be a burden on the Canadian Economy. So Non NDE would be the suitable category for immigrants.

PS:

EDE ==> Excessive Demand Exempt

Let me know what you think!

I still think it is very important to verify this with an authentic source.

toronto_engg

Star Member
Aug 17, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2015
AOR Received.
09-08-2015
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
My medical information sheet i got from doctor said:
IME: Non- EDE
Upfront medical type: Worker
exams required: 501 medical exam
502 chest x ray
707 HIV
712 syphilis test

I have applied under cec express entry as main applicant, my wife is secondary applicant.

f1ahmed

Nov 26, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2015
AOR Received.
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
30-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2016
LANDED..........
18-02-2016
toronto_engg said:
My medical information sheet i got from doctor said:
IME: Non- EDE
Upfront medical type: Worker
exams required: 501 medical exam
502 chest x ray
707 HIV
712 syphilis test

I have applied under cec express entry as main applicant, my wife is secondary applicant.
Hi, was your medical got passed and then rejected? Thanks.

ht7

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toronto_engg, are u in Canada? Can you call that 1-888 number?