Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21/11/2012
VISA ISSUED...
26/11/2012
LANDED..........
12/07/2013
Hi Peeps...bout an hour I got my AOR from NS, my draft was encashed today and my AOR was sent to me today...am exceedingly happy and I pray Gods Favour will continue to be our Anchor always!

lucas52

Jan 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2012
Nomination.....
31-05-2012
AOR Received.
29-08-2012 2nd AOR: 04-09-2012
File Transfer...
none
Med's Request
04-09-2012
Med's Done....
10-09-2012 Med sent on 21-09-2012, ecas update 'med received' on 17-10-2012
Interview........
Ecas 'In Process' on 18-10-2012, 'DM' on 4-4-2013
Passport Req..
08-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2013
LANDED..........
05-05-2013
toyeeen said:
Hi Peeps...bout an hour I got my AOR from NS, my draft was encashed today and my AOR was sent to me today...am exceedingly happy and I pray Gods Favour will continue to be our Anchor always!
WOW Congrats!! Same day encashed and AOR.

Are u in Canada now? If yes, why didnt u select cpp ottawa?

Happy for ur AOR again

toyeeen

Star Member
Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/02/2012
Doc's Request.
11/04/2012
Nomination.....
28/04/2012
AOR Received.
FROM CIO ... 24/07/2012
Med's Request
27/09/2012
Med's Done....
11/10/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21/11/2012
VISA ISSUED...
26/11/2012
LANDED..........
12/07/2013
Hey Lucas thanks , am not in Canada really am so happy, CIO saved me the stress of going to check at the bank...wishing U the best too.

sarayu

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Nov-2012
Nomination.....
29-Mar-2012 Nomination Extn: 28-Sep-2012
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2013
Med's Request
16-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
25-Jan-2013 ECAS "Med Rec": 21-Mar-2013 In Process: 05-Sep-2013 Decision Made: 05-Oct-2013
Passport Req..
07-Oct-2013 & 20-Feb-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
10-Mar-2014
toyeeen said:
Hi toyeeen,

I am very happy for you my friend....good to know abt you...you are one more step ahead now....good luck for the rest of your process...wish me all the best tooo.... ;D

Bkkkk

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Owatta
NOC Code......
Strategic Occupations
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07 Jun2012
Doc's Request.
02 Oct2012
Nomination.....
14 Feb2012
AOR Received.
18 July2012
Med's Request
18 July2012
Med's Done....
20 July2012
Passport Req..
6 Mar2013
VISA ISSUED...
Visa and PP: LOST
LANDED..........
13 May2013
toyeeen said:
Congratsss! Its time for medical exam :)

koolkarmaguy

Star Member
Jan 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/08/2010
Nomination.....
12/29/2011
AOR Received.
June 27 2012
Med's Request
June 4 2012
Med's Done....
June 29 2012
Interview........
none. In-process on May 23, 2013.
Passport Req..
September 17 2013
Yo Bkkk..
Albertabound is managing a spreadsheet with all the info on PNP Candidates.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0An2Ip9ze-Y5qdFo1a1dCLVA5NFhFOG54S2NWWlRpNUE#gid=0
you may want to update your detsils by contacting Believing or Albertabound.
Let's get it done bro..

KoolkarmaGuy

toyeeen

Star Member
Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/02/2012
Doc's Request.
11/04/2012
Nomination.....
28/04/2012
AOR Received.
FROM CIO ... 24/07/2012
Med's Request
27/09/2012
Med's Done....
11/10/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21/11/2012
VISA ISSUED...
26/11/2012
LANDED..........
12/07/2013
@ Sarayu...thank you so much, and am wishing all the best too ofcourse with loads favour too...:). @ Bkkkk... (My Senior)thank so much! And reAlly am so looking forward to the next stage with lotta faith...:), all the best to U too.

stone8198

May 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
N/A
NOC Code......
-
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Folks,

i think i made a mistake. While submitting my file to NS i mentioned the VO as seattle, i didnt' realise it was closed. You lot think is it gona be a problem?

I didn't have a clue what to mention, as i mentioned earlier about my colleague who submitted to seattle got it in 3months. So i followed him not keeping in mind seattle is closed.

Let me know what you lot think about this,

its already 4 weeks i've submitted my file, can't trace it as i used bank draft,

Regards,

toyeeen

Star Member
Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/02/2012
Doc's Request.
11/04/2012
Nomination.....
28/04/2012
AOR Received.
FROM CIO ... 24/07/2012
Med's Request
27/09/2012
Med's Done....
11/10/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21/11/2012
VISA ISSUED...
26/11/2012
LANDED..........
12/07/2013
stone8198 said:
Folks,

i think i made a mistake. While submitting my file to NS i mentioned the VO as seattle, i didnt' realise it was closed. You lot think is it gona be a problem?

I didn't have a clue what to mention, as i mentioned earlier about my colleague who submitted to seattle got it in 3months. So i followed him not keeping in mind seattle is closed.

its already 4 weeks i've submitted my file, can't trace it as i used bank draft,

Regards,
Stone.. I ve read a lot of other people making mistakes as regards their Visa office and in all the cases CIO corrects it and sends it to the appropriate office.
Though I noticed in my AOR, It was not mentioned where my documents was sent, it was only stated that the documents have been sent to the VO I indicated on my form. Regard less of that am sure they would send it it to a more appriopriate VO that is relevant to you.
Also you may call them much latter when you have received your AOR, or send them a mail , but from what I read on one of their web sites they dont attend to mails unless after 6weeks of submission.
LASTLY am very optimistic your AOR WILL BE SENT TO YOU SOON... TAKIA

Regards
toyeen.

lucas52

Jan 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2012
Nomination.....
31-05-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
none
Med's Request
04-09-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
08-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2013
LANDED..........
05-05-2013
toyeeen said:
Stone.. I ve read a lot of other people making mistakes as regards their Visa office and in all the cases CIO corrects it and sends it to the appropriate office.
Though I noticed in my AOR, It was not mentioned where my documents was sent, it was only stated that the documents have been sent to the VO I indicated on my form. Regard less of that am sure they would send it it to a more appriopriate VO that is relevant to you.
Also you may call them much latter when you have received your AOR, or send them a mail , but from what I read on one of their web sites they dont attend to mails unless after 6weeks of submission.
LASTLY am very optimistic your AOR WILL BE SENT TO YOU SOON... TAKIA

Regards

toyeen.

Do u thunk what sorts of relevant they consider for appropriate vo?

toyeeen

Star Member
Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/02/2012
Doc's Request.
11/04/2012
Nomination.....
28/04/2012
AOR Received.
FROM CIO ... 24/07/2012
Med's Request
27/09/2012
Med's Done....
11/10/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21/11/2012
VISA ISSUED...
26/11/2012
LANDED..........
12/07/2013
lucas52 said:
Do u thunk what sorts of relevant they consider for appropriate vo?
Really I wouldn't know what they consider...but am sure some other PEEPS on this thread may just help out... ;)

biometrix

Oct 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toyeeen said:
Really I wouldn't know what they consider...but am sure some other PEEPS on this thread may just help out... ;)
Hey toyeen, congrats on your AOR. Right on time within the 4weeks period. Am happy for you! More speed to your file!! About the vo thing, it is based on discretion of the cio staff and not what the applicant wants. But like I said before, One must select the visa office that serves their country of nationality or the country where you have been legally admitted and thus lived for at least one year.
For example, a visitor on a 6months visiting visa can apply and request their file to be proccess in Canada but it wouldn't. Depending on the class of application, some visa office have expertise on the documents submitted by the applicant more than others. It wouldn't make sense for someone on a wp or sp to send their application to their home country when they are in Canada. Unless the applicants gives an explanation as to why they want this done and the logic seems right by the CIO staff thats when the files can be transferred to their home country.
Also, I have a friend from a visa exempt country. He has a work permit and choose his home country as his vo and he got want he wanted. Another had just a wp in canada and choose their home country and it was sent to Ottawa directly. When you size up any source of information, look at the source site and the date it was posted and edited. Immigration rules changes every year so what applied in Jan 2011 wouldn't be thesame right now.
This link helps too.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp

biometrix

Oct 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stone8198 said:
Folks,

Regards,

It would be transferred based on your case appropriately.

lucas52

Jan 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2012
Nomination.....
31-05-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
none
Med's Request
04-09-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
08-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2013
LANDED..........
05-05-2013
biometrix said:
Hey toyeen, congrats on your AOR. Right on time within the 4weeks period. Am happy for you! More speed to your file!! About the vo thing, it is based on discretion of the cio staff and not what the applicant wants. But like I said before, One must select the visa office that serves their country of nationality or the country where you have been legally admitted and thus lived for at least one year.

As i mentioned, living and admitted are different concept. As long as you are admitted to stay the country of residence for at least a year, even if it's not been a year as residing. you can choose the country as vo. Quoted from OP 1 Procedure

The intent of R11 is not to expend energy on front-end R11 eligibility screening, but rather to
protect program integrity by ensuring that applications are submitted to offices with the
appropriate expertise and local knowledge. However, there may be times when R11 eligibility will
determine case processing actions (file transfers, for example) and the following information on
“lawful admission” should assist in determining R11 eligibility in these cases.
1. For the purposes of R11, “lawful admission” is broadly defined and may cover many
situations, a few of which are described below. However, the circumstances in which an
individual has not been lawfully admitted and is therefore ineligible to apply at a visa office are
limited to:
OP 1 Procedures
2011-08-19 13
i) persons who entered a country without status and still have no status in that
country. Under R11, they are not eligible to apply in the country where they
currently are living without status.
ii) persons who, at the time of the submission of their application, are not physically
in a country served by the visa office through which they are applying. An
applicant cannot send an application to a visa office if they are not physically in a
country served by that visa office (unless it is their country of nationality).
2. For the purposes of R11, situations in which an individual is considered to have been “lawfully
admitted” will include (but are not limited to):
i) persons who were lawfully admitted, but no longer have legal status when the
application is submitted. For example, a person who has entered a country
lawfully but at some time subsequent to lawful admission has lost legal
immigration status is considered to have been lawfully admitted, whether or not
status has been restored at the time of the application to the visa office. Such
applicants may or may not qualify for a visa, but their application must be
accepted for processing and assessed on its merits;
ii) persons who initially were not lawfully admitted, but have since gained legal
status and have legal status at the time an application is submitted;
iii) where an individual enters a country illegally, and then makes a refugee claim,
the claim must be finally determined. If positive, the person could be considered
"lawfully admitted" on the date the positive decision is made on the claim. Making
a refugee claim in itself does not regularize a person's immigration status and
does not imply that the person has been "lawfully admitted." In Canada and the
United States, during the processing of a refugee/asylum claim, the individual
does not have lawful status. Therefore, a person would not be considered to be
lawfully admitted until a positive decision has been received on the claim.
However, other countries vary in their interpretation of what type of status an
individual may have while awaiting a decision on a refugee claim. Therefore,
officers should require applicants to provide documentary evidence of their lawful
status. In all instances, a positive decision on a claim would certainly provide the
individual with lawful status.
It is the opinion of Legal Services that the making of a refugee claim alone does
not regularize a person's immigration status for the purpose of making an
application for a visa (either permanent or temporary) to Canada.
The granting of the asylum decision is the determinative date of a person's
immigration status. The date the decision is rendered on the asylum claim
becomes the date the individual is considered to be “lawfully admitted.”
3. R11(1) also stipulates that an applicant must have been lawfully admitted for at least one year
when applying for permanent residence.
Persons who are applying for permanent residence must be residing in and have been legally
admitted for a period of at least one year to the country which the visa office receiving the
application serves. The applicant is not required to have been residing in the country for one year
at the time of application, but to have been lawfully admitted to that country for a minimum oneyear
period at the time of application.
For example, under R11(1), an individual may have lawfully entered and be currently residing in a
country on the basis of a one-year work permit. Anytime during that year, the individual would be
OP 1 Procedures
2011-08-19 14
eligible under R11(1) to apply for permanent residence to Canada through the visa office
responsible for applications from the country in which the individual is residing.
Applicants for temporary resident services must have been lawfully admitted (although there is no
time requirement).
Note: Family members included in an application for permanent residence or an application for a
temporary purpose, do not need to have been lawfully admitted to the country in which the application
is submitted. Such a requirement would make it impossible for some families to submit visa
applications anywhere.
Criteria outlined in R11(1) and (2) concern the applicant. Both subsections require 'the applicant'
to submit an application to 'the applicant's' country of nationality or the country where “the
applicant” has been lawfully admitted (for at least one year in the case of a permanent resident
application). The Regulations are silent regarding accompanying family members who are
included in the application.
R10(2)(a) requires that all family members be identified in an application, accompanying or not;
however, R11 criteria have not included accompanying family members. The interpretation is that
family members who are included on either a permanent resident application or an application for
temporary residence need not have been lawfully admitted to the country in which the “applicant”
has submitted an application.

For example, a visitor on a 6months visiting visa can apply and request their file to be proccess in Canada but it wouldn't. Depending on the class of application, some visa office have expertise on the documents submitted by the applicant more than others. It wouldn't make sense for someone on a wp or sp to send their application to their home country when they are in Canada. Unless the applicants gives an explanation as to why they want this done and the logic seems right by the CIO staff thats when the files can be transferred to their home country.

Also, I have a friend from a visa exempt country. He has a work permit and choose his home country as his vo and he got want he wanted. Another had just a wp in canada and choose their home country and it was sent to Ottawa directly. When you size up any source of information, look at the source site and the date it was posted and edited. Immigration rules changes every year so what applied in Jan 2011 wouldn't be thesame right now.
This link helps too.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp

I agree with this, i am from visa exempt country and some friends of mine who recently applied to CIO and they actually put home country as vo, but CIO transferred file to Ottawa. In fact, three of three all transferred to Ottawa. I don't know why. I just think it's just up to CIO officer's decision?

biometrix

Oct 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I guess its different tales for different folks. The CIO staff redirects files based on discretion not based on choice. What I wrote about being legally admitted and living in the country of residence is what I have been told by a cic immigration officer in Saskatoon in feb2012. Its not from my thoughts. Like I said there are policies but it's based on DISCRETION.

P.S It's rude to type in red.