+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tracking PNP July 2012 applications to Nova Scotia

ronaldoyaronaldo

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
biometrix

I have been in Canada since 2005. I did grade 12 and university here. I have no family accompanying me I am applying by myself. Like I mentioned I got nominated already by Nova Scotia and I am applying for PR this week hopefully. I am just kinda over anxious!

biometrix

Oct 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ronaldoyaronaldo said:
biometrix

I have been in Canada since 2005. I did grade 12 and university here. I have no family accompanying me I am applying by myself. Like I mentioned I got nominated already by Nova Scotia and I am applying for PR this week hopefully. I am just kinda over anxious!
Yea, I understand you being anxious. Just don't be like that when filling the forms..lol. I Think your good to go with your application. Cross all T's and dot all I's in all the forms. Godspeed mate!

toyeeen

Star Member
Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/02/2012
Doc's Request.
11/04/2012
Nomination.....
28/04/2012
AOR Received.
FROM CIO ... 24/07/2012
Med's Request
27/09/2012
Med's Done....
11/10/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21/11/2012
VISA ISSUED...
26/11/2012
LANDED..........
12/07/2013
Hi all just want to know if anyone whether on this thread or not has had either CC or Bank draft encashed after submission at NS as at 30th June...I called my bank on the 18th July (22days) after submission and I was told it has not been encashed...I don't want to go back to the bank until am sure guys in my batch have had theirs encashed.Thanks as I look forward to good responses. Rgds ...toyeeen!

toyeeen

Star Member
Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/02/2012
Doc's Request.
11/04/2012
Nomination.....
28/04/2012
AOR Received.
FROM CIO ... 24/07/2012
Med's Request
27/09/2012
Med's Done....
11/10/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21/11/2012
VISA ISSUED...
26/11/2012
LANDED..........
12/07/2013
Also going by Bkkkk time line, I noted that his application was received 7th june at NS and his CC encashed 4th July about 27days after.... Could it be their latest trend???

believing

Feb 22, 2012
South Africa
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria, South Africa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
at CIO 11 April 2012
Nomination.....
March 2012
AOR Received.
AOR-CIO: 9th May 2012
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
Dont know but ECAS Changed to IN-PROCESS 24/5/2012
Med's Request
12/6/2012
Med's Done....
19/6/2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
19th July 2012
VISA ISSUED...
1-August-2012
toyeeen said:
Also going by Bkkkk time line, I noted that his application was received 7th june at NS and his CC encashed 4th July about 27days after.... Could it be their latest trend???
Credit card has proven to be a faster and better option provided you inform the issuer of the car. All the best Toyeeen

toyeeen

Star Member
Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/02/2012
Doc's Request.
11/04/2012
Nomination.....
28/04/2012
AOR Received.
FROM CIO ... 24/07/2012
Med's Request
27/09/2012
Med's Done....
11/10/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21/11/2012
VISA ISSUED...
26/11/2012
LANDED..........
12/07/2013
Thanks and Amen too believing, I actually paid wiv Bank draft!And am still keeping my fingers crossed.

stone8198

May 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
N/A
NOC Code......
-
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
agreed believing, but there is a major problem with using credit cards. We really dont know when they are going to charge the cc, sometimes the transactions do not good through even if you have sufficient funds in the card. So they VO does not try the second time, they just return the application saying no fee attached.

I have used money order. I know i can't trace it any how but i am confident about it.

Just as update about my friend whom i mentioned earlier that his CC got charged after 6 weeks. He finally got medical request with the AOR. He has been lucky as well to have received AOR with MR. He is a BCPNP applicant, already working and applying within canada. It took almost 9 weeks for the AOR and MR.

MR usually means they have done all the background checks on him.

Regards,

toyeeen

Star Member
Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/02/2012
Doc's Request.
11/04/2012
Nomination.....
28/04/2012
AOR Received.
FROM CIO ... 24/07/2012
Med's Request
27/09/2012
Med's Done....
11/10/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21/11/2012
VISA ISSUED...
26/11/2012
LANDED..........
12/07/2013
Hi stone8198, thanks so much for ur input,I guess ll have to double up on my patience wiv loads of prayers too,whilst wishing us all d best. Warm Regards.

ronaldoyaronaldo

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
biometrix said:
Yea, I understand you being anxious. Just don't be like that when filling the forms..lol. I Think your good to go with your application. Cross all T's and dot all I's in all the forms. Godspeed mate!

Thank you bro.. I'll post updates in here

biometrix

Oct 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In my opinion and from all the cic operation manuals I have read, I think I can make a close deduction as to how the pnp pr application goes.
1). CIO receives the application they document the receipt in the order in which they where Recieved and mark date and province code. Then they check for completeness of the application. These includes that all forms relating to the pnp category check list are completed and signed by the applicant. The cio officer makes case notes on files to make the work load easier for the immigration officer later on.After the CIO officer is sure that the applicant has done justice to their application, they charge for the application fee by the method of payment used by the applicant. Note, to credit card applicants abroad and in canada inform your cc carrier to leave an open authorization on your cc for amounts close to the total application fee for your applications. The reason why most cc's are declined is that there is a security in place to protect the card holder from fraud. Informing the cc company lets them know that you are aware of who cic is and you have authorized the transaction. After the application fee is charged, in most cases AOR is sent by the CIO IN other cases your file is transferred to the visa office responsible for your country or area of residence without AOR.

2). When the immigration officer Recieves the application, they check the case notes if any and for pnp applicatants they start background check on documents submitted for consistency (always advisable to notarise copies used for the application. it does help make things easier in my opinion) and CRIMINALITY (local rcmp data base only for applicants in canada) and on the immigration data base. This search on the immigration data base helps them to accertain if any country has issues with you or accompanying family members that you might have failed to mention. These applies to applicants that live within Canada. If you live outside canada, they just check the immigration data base at this stage. If all is clear, they shoot out an email for medicals and at thesame time send your details to all the security agencies on earth( FBI, CIA, Interpol, mi6..etc). The police reports submitted during your application covers the check they would have done in your country of residence be it your home country or otherwise. If you didnt submit the police report, it it requested asap. It is my opionion that there is an interface that has all the criminal info for different security agencies in one place. When an item pops up with either a close first or last name with the principal applicant or any dependant coming to Canada, they consult with the agency that has issues for clarification and for details. This stage takes time because those security agencies don't just sit and wait for cic to request any info. They have other things they are up to so there is a considerable amount of delay to hear back from them.

3). After medicals are Recieved, the immigration officer sends the results to the health department who looks at the doctors notes and the medical results and scans. If the scans are not clear enough, re-medical is issued. If you have an elevated enzyme activity or blood count, re-medical is issued. If all is clear, another queue process starts depending on the activity at the vo in terms of number of applications receive at this stage.

4) with an ok medicals, and background check as described above, they request for the right of permanent residency fee and your passport. They stamp and return you passport. They store your additional family declaration form and the generic application for permanent residence form and all the detailed case notes about your application and discard the rest in accordance to their discard policy.( i was shocked when i read this too) Here your case is closed and case completed.

NO ONE KNOWS THE PROCESSING TIME FOR ANY APPLICATION. IT JUST A BEST GUESS. EVEN THE IMMIGRATION MANAGERS CAN'T GIVE YOU THE ACTUAL TIME EACH STAGE TAKES. THEY HOPE TO PROCESS ALL PNP APPLICANTION WITHIN SIX MONTHS AND SEND AOR AND MEDICALS TO APPLICANTS WITHIN 4WEEKS. How much time it takes is on a case by case basis. The number of accompanying family member and number of countries of residence outside your country of origin also plays some role in the background check speed which CIC MUST DO ON ALL APPLICANTS. Also, they try not to be country biased but they do more background checks on some countries more than others. Some pple say they start digging into your history and stuffs during background check....they might, but based on discretion. For instance, If the address you filled in when they asked for the addy of where you lived in the past 10years doesn't match the address of your activities during that same period and the immigration officer cannot explain or doesn't understand why it's that way, then your in for a some more checks and explainations for not being explicit. If you submitted your application and you have not heard from the CIO in 4weeks, send them an email explaining that it has been 4weeks and you have not gotten a response from them. If you have your AOR and no medicals after 120days, contact the VO that issued your file number and AOR. if you have done your medical and have not heard from them in 120days, shoot out an email or a mail asking them about your file. In each inquiry be sure to include as much details of your application as you can like your file number, your name, date of birth, full mailing address, dated submitted etc.

Again, this is what I have understood from reading 5 cic operation manuals from start to finish as it applies to pnp applications. I might be wrong and stand corrected because am not a staff at cic. Finally watch and pray.

Bkkkk

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Owatta
NOC Code......
Strategic Occupations
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07 Jun2012
Doc's Request.
02 Oct2012
Nomination.....
14 Feb2012
AOR Received.
18 July2012
Med's Request
18 July2012
Med's Done....
20 July2012
Passport Req..
6 Mar2013
VISA ISSUED...
Visa and PP: LOST
LANDED..........
13 May2013
Guys,

I was lucky that I could make an appointment right after I received the medical request. When I visited the doctor office last week, she was surprised that I got the pre-filled form along with my medical request ( from the email ). She told me if you get the pre-filled form from cic means your process is getting close to the end, they may just need the medical exam result to make the final decision. She said I may hear from them in 2-3 months if my result is cleared. which is the exactly same thing as my representative told me.

I forgot to mention, I actually applied under the CEC on Sep 2011, and I received the medical exam 1.5 months after the pre-filled form. However, they rejected my application right away due to missing document. That was a ridiculously fast process.

Now, All we have to do it wait!! Keep hanging there everyone ;)

biometrix

Oct 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bkkkk said:
BC PNP within Canada under Strategic Occupations, with NO family members, job offered, experience in BC = 10 years

PNP Application sent: 13 Jan2012
AOR: 30 Jan 2012
Received nomination: 14 Feb2012
Extended my work permit: 20 Mar2012
Submitted PR Application: 13 Apr2012
Documents Request: 22 May 2012
Application Re-submission to CIO: 26 May2012
Credit Card charged: 4 July2012
Application Received: 7 June2012 (ECAS status changed to "Application Received")
Received AOR and medical request : 18 July2012
Medical Exam Done: 20 July2012

Guys,

I was lucky that I could make an appointment right after I received the medical request. When I visited the doctor office last week, she was surprised that I got the pre-filled form along with my medical request ( from the email ). She told me if you get the pre-filled form from cic means your process is getting close to the end, they may just need the medical exam result to make the final decision. She said I may hear from them in 2-3 months if my result is cleared. which is the exactly same thing as my representative told me.

I forgot to mention, I actually applied under the CEC on Sep 2011, and I received the medical exam 1.5 months after the pre-filled form. However, they rejected my application right away due to missing document. This was a ridiculously fast process. All we have to do it wait!! Keep hanging there everyone ;)
Congrats on your medical.

toyeeen

Star Member
Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/02/2012
Doc's Request.
11/04/2012
Nomination.....
28/04/2012
AOR Received.
FROM CIO ... 24/07/2012
Med's Request
27/09/2012
Med's Done....
11/10/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21/11/2012
VISA ISSUED...
26/11/2012
LANDED..........
12/07/2013
Hi biometrix:
Thanks so much for the explanatory input as regards to timing...I am taking a lot from the lengthy explanation, thank you again .All d best to us all!

biometrix

Oct 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toyeeen said:
Hi biometrix:
Thanks so much for the explanatory input as regards to timing...I am taking a lot from the lengthy explanation, thank you again .All d best to us all!
Your welcome.