+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tracking PNP July 2012 applications to Nova Scotia

ronaldoyaronaldo

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys!

I have been nominated yesterday by Nova Scotia and I'll be submitting my PR application soon. I read all your posts, and regarding the questions about processing time for

people in Canada, I emailed CPP-O in Ottawa inquiring about the processing for from within Canada submitted applications.

lucas52

Jan 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2012
Nomination.....
31-05-2012
AOR Received.
29-08-2012 2nd AOR: 04-09-2012
File Transfer...
none
Med's Request
04-09-2012
Med's Done....
10-09-2012 Med sent on 21-09-2012, ecas update 'med received' on 17-10-2012
Interview........
Ecas 'In Process' on 18-10-2012, 'DM' on 4-4-2013
Passport Req..
08-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2013
LANDED..........
05-05-2013
AOR of CPP-O mention 10 months for processing time

ronaldoyaronaldo

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lucas

do you have a link for that kind of information?

I've been looking allover their web trying to find it. And CIC phone assistance number does not even transfer you to an agent.

lucas52

Jan 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2012
Nomination.....
31-05-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
none
Med's Request
04-09-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
08-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2013
LANDED..........
05-05-2013
ronaldoyaronaldo said:
Lucas

do you have a link for that kind of information?

I've been looking allover their web trying to find it. And CIC phone assistance number does not even transfer you to an agent.
It was what i saw from my friend's aor of ottwa

stone8198

May 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
N/A
NOC Code......
-
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lucas, you mentioned you missed one document? what was it?

I did all my applications myself, most of the people told me to do the PR application with a consultant but i find them uselss as they ask for too much money.

Let me know what document did you miss that makes you think it might be returned?

lucas52

Jan 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2012
Nomination.....
31-05-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
none
Med's Request
04-09-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
08-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2013
LANDED..........
05-05-2013
stone8198 said:
Lucas, you mentioned you missed one document? what was it?

I did all my applications myself, most of the people told me to do the PR application with a consultant but i find them uselss as they ask for too much money.

Let me know what document did you miss that makes you think it might be returned?
I forgot to send Additional Family Information(IMM 5406?)for my spouse. it's indeed easy to be missed. However, i sent the form with a cover letter to explain at the following day, and reached at CIO on 9th July(initial package reached at CIO on 6th July). i'm praying and thinking let's see how it works.

biometrix

Oct 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bkkkk said:
THANKSSS everyone!!! I am having my medical exam tomorrow morning.

biometrix ,
Yes, I am lucky to get the AOR and Medical Request both together. They charged my credit card 1.5 weeks before I got my AOR.

Supertramp048 ,
I think you will hear from them pretty soon, about 3 months after exam. Check your status online see if they have recevied your medical exam yet. I will be moving onto the next step with you after tomorrow when I done my exam. ;D
Hope the needles weren't too bad? How did your medicals go?

ronaldoyaronaldo

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For people who applied while they're in Canada. How much funds should you have for the Federal Application?

biometrix

Oct 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ronaldoyaronaldo said:
For people who applied while they're in Canada. How much funds should you have for the Federal Application?
I think most people here applied for pnp b4 they applied to federal. The pnp skilled worker category requires your to have a job offer in Canada. If you have a job offer by a Canadian employer, you don't need to show proof of funds. If you don't then regardless of where you are, you must show you have 10k and 2k for principal applicant and each of the supporting family members coming to canada respectively.

ronaldoyaronaldo

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
biometrix said:
I think most people here applied for pnp b4 they applied to federal. The pnp skilled worker category requires your to have a job offer in Canada. If you have a job offer by a Canadian employer, you don't need to show proof of funds. If you don't then regardless of where you are, you must show you have 10k and 2k for principal applicant and each of the supporting family members coming to canada respectively.

Cool. I am going to apply from Canada under the Nova Scotia PNP (International Graduate Stream), do I need to show proof of funds?

ronaldoyaronaldo

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
biometrix

In the CIC website they say one of the rare reasons you could be rejected after getting nominated is having insufficient funds. Does that apply to people applying from within Canada too?

biometrix

Oct 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ronaldoyaronaldo said:
biometrix

In the CIC website they say one of the rare reasons you could be rejected after getting nominated is having insufficient funds. Does that apply to people applying from within Canada too?
There are people nominated in different category. In most province, family category or exploratory visits doesn't need you to have a job offer as a result, pple in this category MUST SHOW POF. However skilled workers category needs a job offer and a pay in accordance to the pay pr and Canadian citizen would earn. Arrange offer of employment and pnp skilled worker don't need to send pof as their job offer would suffice.it doesn't hurt to put extra but once u have a job offer it's equivalent to pof.

biometrix

Oct 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ronaldoyaronaldo said:
biometrix

For pnp applicants, There are three bases upon which a provincial nominee who meets all statutory admissibility
requirements can be refused a visa:

1). The officer has reason to believe that the applicant does not intend to live in the province that has nominated them; (for persons with ties to other province)
2).The officer has reason to believe that the applicant is unlikely to be able to successfully
establish economically in Canada; (for persons without a job offer, arranged offer of employment or proof of funds)

3). The officer has reason to believe that the applicant is participating in, or intends to participate in, a passive investment or an immigration-linked investment scheme as defined in R87(5) to
R87(9) of the Regulations. (for business investors)

In each case, the officer must have some evidence to support this belief and overcome the
presumptions implied by the provincial nomination. Every provincial nominee agreement obliges
the immigration officer to consult with an official of the nominating province regarding the intention to refuse before the refusal is actually made (Please see Appendix B for Provincial Contact
Information).
If the officer, after consulting with the province, still intends to refuse, R87(4) requires that a
second officer concur with the decision to refuse, before it can be made official. Both officers'
names should be clearly recorded in the CAIPS notes. cic et al, Op 2, (2011)

ronaldoyaronaldo

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
biometrix

Awesome! Thanks!

Very informative.

Last question

in the economic class Schedule 4A it asks for the "Amount of unencumbered transferable and available funds you have"

In my situation. Will $3000 be enough?!

biometrix

Oct 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ronaldoyaronaldo said:
biometrix

Awesome! Thanks!

Very informative.

Last question

in the economic class Schedule 4A it asks for the "Amount of unencumbered transferable and available funds you have"

In my situation. Will $3000 be enough?!
Am assuming you have a job offer in this responds and also that your wage is consistent with the normal range paid to pr and canadian citizens. 3k would be enough but to that form, attach your job offer letter OF FULL TIME EMPLOYMENT stating your wages. Also one last quick question.. What's your family size? I mean all the family members accompanying you to Canada? Your welcome!