+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tracking June 2015 Citizenship Application - Please Share your Timeline

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
RQ is Residence Questionnaire , this is a list of specific additional documents which are requested from the CIC processing agent.

The exact triggers for that to happen are unknown , but sending an application with the bare minimum days is considered as very risky.

The problem with the RQed applicants is that automatically after that their application is considered Non-Routine and it may take around 36 months to be processed with final decision.

Gussj said:
Thanks for your explanation, that makes sense,
What do you mean by RQ, if you don't mind me asking ?
Thanks

Gussj

Feb 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Politren said:
RQ is Residence Questionnaire , this is a list of specific additional documents which are requested from the CIC processing agent.

The exact triggers for that to happen are unknown , but sending an application with the bare minimum days is considered as very risky.

The problem with the RQed applicants is that automatically after that their application is considered Non-Routine and it may take around 36 months to be processed with final decision.
Thanks for the clarification Much appreciated.
So what number of buffer days we should take into consideration to avoid RQ?
I am sure they are aware of people will be sending their application ASAP to avoid the new rules implementation.
As for myself June 28th which is Sunday would cover the physical requirement, Weds is Canada Day July 1st. and I will be traveling on Thursday July 2nd.
SO I can send it out on June 30th, which gives me 2 buffer days, or mail it in July 2nd. but it all depends when the new law will be implemented.
Do you think 2-4 days are enough as a buffer?

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
I don't see a reason somebody to rush with the sending , because there is nothing confirmed. There is no reason for panicking and regretting for that panicking after that.

If there is still nothing to confirm the actual cut off date when we are eligible to apply I prefer to send my application in July with a week or two buffer.

There is no rule which says how much extra buffer is safe. For me two weeks extra is perfect.

oldfriend

Star Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Politren said:
I don't see a reason somebody to rush with the sending , because there is nothing confirmed. There is no reason for panicking and regretting for that panicking after that.

If there is still nothing to confirm the actual cut off date when we are eligible to apply I prefer to send my application in July with a week or two buffer.

There is no rule which says how much extra buffer is safe. For me two weeks extra is perfect.
If you are sure 100% that you've met the 1095 days of physical presence requirement then you can sign and submit your application directly on the next day with no need for any buffer unless you have some doubt about your calculations or some uncertainty regarding the number of days you were outside Canada. Just use the online residency calculator correctly and every thing will be clear and the date when you will be able to sign the application will be given to you.

Gussj

Feb 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oldfriend said:
If you are sure 100% that you've met the 1095 days of physical presence requirement then you can sign and submit your application directly on the next day with no need for any buffer unless you have some doubt about your calculations or some uncertainty regarding the number of days you were outside Canada. Just use the online residency calculator correctly and every thing will be clear and the date when you will be able to sign the application will be given to you.
Thanks a lot

Gussj

Feb 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Politren said:

Got you,
Thanks again

shaazdeh

Jan 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gussj said:
SHaazdeh
Why do you think June applications are good to go?
I started looking at the application it is straight forward, don't think it will take much time to finish it, unless I am not aware of something?? what part of the application you think takes longer time ?

Thanks
This is my observation,,, provincial elections in different provinces have been going against conservatives and it would be such a bad strategy move to do something that piss off a group of people. Those who work in the government know close to Federal elections, many bills are going on hold. However, as I stated this is my observation; in any case, i do not recommend to anyone to apply before they have 1095 days.

Why start preparing now? For example, if you need to translate some documents, like passport stamps, education documents etc. Or some people realize after filling their application that their proof of English is not acceptable and they have to go to take the test, or they have to get transcript for their children. These stuff can take few days. For example, to have my stamps translated took 7 days! and if you want to have CBSA report to check your entry, that takes 1 month!

Gussj

Feb 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shaazdeh said:
This is my observation,,, provincial elections in different provinces have been going against conservatives and it would be such a bad strategy move to do something that piss off a group of people. Those who work in the government know close to Federal elections, many bills are going on hold. However, as I stated this is my observation; in any case, i do not recommend to anyone to apply before they have 1095 days.

Why start preparing now? For example, if you need to translate some documents, like passport stamps, education documents etc. Or some people realize after filling their application that their proof of English is not acceptable and they have to go to take the test, or they have to get transcript for their children. These stuff can take few days. For example, to have my stamps translated took 7 days! and if you want to have CBSA report to check your entry, that takes 1 month!
Thanks Shazz,
YEs I started preparing the application today, and realized there are some documents that needs to be prepared that may take some time for sure.
What's is CBSA Report, and is it required, and how can we obtain it please?
Thanks in advance

Vancouver2015

May 19, 2015
Hi
Is anyone aiming to apply before meeting physical presence requirement (1095 days) to avoid the effect of the Bill C-24 ?

Vancouver2015

May 19, 2015
shaazdeh said:

Is it required to send translations of passport stamps when applying for the citizenship. I am so confused about that. ??? ???

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
Gussj said:
Politren,
Thanks for your reply
I guess we are in the same boat together :)
How come you are not worried about the cut off date? I saw a video saying it will be implemented in the beginning of the summer which is June 21 I am assuming. will try to post it if I find it.
Why do you need extra buffer days? as long as you hit 1095 that's it no need for any buffer in my opinion.
they even measure it by half a day. so if you are clear you are clear.
I believe that the implementation date is not known yet even to people that works with CIC. Most customer service agent have been telling applicants that it will come into effect by June 19th, but no assurance of such have manifested. As posted from my previous post some months ago, below is the reply I got from the Office of the Minister about the implementation. The message was sent to me about 2months ago.

Dear Mr. ****:

This is in reply to your correspondence of March 10, 2015, addressed to Mr. Chris Alexander, Canada's Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, concerning the implementation of Bill C-24. I regret the delay in responding.

As you are aware, Bill C-24 received royal assent and the Strengthening Canadian Citizenship Act became law on June 19, 2014.

The date of Royal Assent is when Parliament passes a bill and the date of Coming into Force is when the proposed changes in the bill are actually in effect. Coming into Force can occur either on the same day as Royal Assent or at a date to be determined by the Governor in Council. Various elements of the new Citizenship Act will come into force at different times over the next two years.

While Bill C-24 received Royal Assent on June 19, 2014, and some provisions came into force immediately, others were expected to come into force in approximately one month. Certain other provisions were expected to come into force in approximately a year's time. The later dates for coming into force will allow the Department enough time to prepare for implementation of these changes.

Provisions coming into force on a date to be determined by the Governor in Council, anticipated to be in approximately a year, include: provisions to give citizenship to more “Lost Canadians”; new residence requirements; the new intent to reside requirement; expanded age requirements for language and knowledge testing; and a requirement to demonstrate knowledge of Canada in an official language. Other provisions in this category include: strengthened offences and penalties for fraud; prohibitions for foreign criminality and activities against national interests; a new revocation model and new grounds for revocation of citizenship; a new authority to designate a regulatory body for citizenship consultants; and improved information-sharing authorities.

These will come into force on a date to be determined by the Governor in Council, which is expected to be in approximately mid-year 2015, to enable sufficient time to prepare the changes needed to implement these and other provisions of C-24.

For more information on the changes contained in the Strengthening Canadian Citizenship Act, and for further announcements concerning the coming into force dates, please visit the CIC Website at www.cic.gc.ca.

Thank you for writing. I trust that this information is of assistance.

Ministerial Enquiries Division[/size][/size][/size][/glow]
[/glow]

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
This is the expected answer from couple of months ago without any determining date in it.

The newest update is that this tentative date is suspended and procrastinated.

Whenever we see words like "Approximately" "Around" and so on without any specification, the end result is procrastination.

It will NOT be enforced in June. Don't worry people.

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
Gussj said:
Thanks for the clarification Much appreciated.
So what number of buffer days we should take into consideration to avoid RQ?
I am sure they are aware of people will be sending their application ASAP to avoid the new rules implementation.
As for myself June 28th which is Sunday would cover the physical requirement, Weds is Canada Day July 1st. and I will be traveling on Thursday July 2nd.
SO I can send it out on June 30th, which gives me 2 buffer days, or mail it in July 2nd. but it all depends when the new law will be implemented.
Do you think 2-4 days are enough as a buffer?
In my own opinion, I believe that the issue of RQ has to do with the applicant. Several issues and cases will be taken into account such as the number of trips, duration of stays etc. They only send out RQ to an applicant when certain issues are needed to be clarified. A family friend of mine got RQ to determine if she is the real parent of her children while they also requested a proof. Including buffer days or not might not prevent RQ. Once you are 100% sure that you meet the physical requirements then you good to go.

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
shaazdeh said:

That such a great point. I quite agree with you about the early preparation of application because by starting early it will give enough room to review and adjust any information that you might need. I already started getting my application together since March..lol. CBSA report etc already done.

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
Vancouver2015 said:
Hi
Is anyone aiming to apply before meeting physical presence requirement (1095 days) to avoid the effect of the Bill C-24 ?
NONE, that am aware off. Due to the fact that is so risky and you application MIGHT be rejected or be forwarded to a judge to make a decision these steps might take between 2-3years to complete.