+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tracking June 2015 Citizenship Application - Please Share your Timeline

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
Finally, my application is ready to GO except for the "CIC residence calculator" that I will have to print tomorrow. As as the closing of work yesterday, nothing has been said yet about the implementation of 4/6 clause in Bill C24. My only concern is just how the announced for the "Terrorism act" was made without any previous announcement about it implementation. Hopefully, the bill 4/6 date won't come to us as a surprise

Nuwa

Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I will send out my application tomorrow.

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
Nuwa said:
I will send out my application tomorrow.
Oh alright. That great to know. Your application will probably be shipped on Monday since it wont move anywhere on Sunday.

Gussj

Feb 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ojeola said:
Finally, my application is ready to GO except for the "CIC residence calculator" that I will have to print tomorrow. As as the closing of work yesterday, nothing has been said yet about the implementation of 4/6 clause in Bill C24. My only concern is just how the announced for the "Terrorism act" was made without any previous announcement about it implementation. Hopefully, the bill 4/6 date won't come to us as a surprise
What is 4/6 clause exactly? Do you mean June 4th?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Gussj said:
What is 4/6 clause exactly? Do you mean June 4th?
4/6 clause means that that new rule of c-24 will enable people to apply citizenship with qualifying period of 4 years out of 6 years. Right now it is 3 years out of 4 years.

Gussj

Feb 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
4/6 clause means that that new rule of c-24 will enable people to apply citizenship with qualifying period of 4 years out of 6 years. Right now it is 3 years out of 4 years.
Oh ok Thanks :)I thought something to do with the date June 4th lol,

Gussj

Feb 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
By The way, do they usually release news on Fridays? or can it happen any day of the week?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Gussj said:
By The way, do they usually release news on Fridays? or can it happen any day of the week?
It can happen any day of the week but who knows. I never noticed about the days when such type of information is released.

Nuwa

Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ojeola said:
Oh alright. That great to know. Your application will probably be shipped on Monday since it wont move anywhere on Sunday.
I think Canada post work on Sundays. We'll get to know that by Monday morning :)

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
Gussj said:
With the introduction of some clauses from Bill 24, I think it will just be a matter of time before the rest of the bill are introduced. It just worrisome that CIC might not give us any upfront notice. Let see how this week goes.

dnyfyn

Aug 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-2016
Doc's Request.
08-2016
Med's Request
08-2016
Med's Done....
08-2016
Website is down. May be when its up we may see changes :O who knows. Only God.

Nuwa

Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIC website is back; didn't see any change under citizenship :)
I wish they will take much longer (much much longer...) to implement 4/6 rule.

Gussj

Feb 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do I understand correctly that the terrorism Act that was released last week is part of bill 24?
Does that mean they are releasing Bill 24 (which includes the 4/6 years) in phases?
What about the MP approvals ...etc.?
Aren't they supposed to approve it first and then release it?
I am not too familiar with the technicalities and clauses of Bill 24 or what it includes exactly .
Just wondering !!!
Any feedback is appreciated