+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tracking June 2015 Citizenship Application - Please Share your Timeline

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
Gussj said:
I Am aware \that we don't need to send the CBSA report with application.
I am only wondering since they have the authority to get the travel info from CBSA, I wonder if they will ask for passports stamps or others proofs after the submission of application for further proof
Oh alright. I believe CIC will only ask for extra docs or proof only if they require some clarification on education or traveling info. The AOR rate seems to be reduced now because of their staff shortage due to summer breaks / vacation so June applicants might have some delays from CIC at least for now.

Gussj

Feb 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ojeola said:
Oh alright. I believe CIC will only ask for extra docs or proof only if they require some clarification on education or traveling info. The AOR rate seems to be reduced now because of their staff shortage due to summer breaks / vacation so June applicants might have some delays from CIC at least for now.
Thanks, I am assuming AOR Stands for Acknowledgement of receipt ? is that correct?

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
Gussj said:
Thanks, I am assuming AOR Stands for Acknowledgement of receipt ? is that correct?
That is correct. That means something like: "Hey there! We got your application. Looks like there is no MAJOR issue with it, but that means nothing. We will start to process it now."

Gussj

Feb 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bigudi said:
That is correct. That means something like: "Hey there! We got your application. Looks like there is no MAJOR issue with it, but that means nothing. We will start to process it now."

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ojeola said:
Thanks @ Ragluf. Hope you are also getting your application ready? With the look of things, i think we do have any concern about bill c24 as of yet.

All the best to everyone
@ Ojeola - I won't be making the physical presence requirement by June, only in July, so I parked my application preparation while waiting for the implementation of C24. Depending on whether there will be any announcement and specifics of the implementation - I may or may not qualify; if I do, then I will send in the application. If I won't then no worries - life goes on, and will wait for the date when I am eligible.

By then - there may be more changes, but there is no point in trying to plan for the future now when lots of it is unknown at this point (referring to C24 implementation, and possible changes in imm policy in a few years). So Plan B...

.../atb

Gussj

Feb 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ragluf said:
@ Ojeola - I won't be making the physical presence requirement by June, only in July, so I parked my application preparation while waiting for the implementation of C24. Depending on whether there will be any announcement and specifics of the implementation - I may or may not qualify; if I do, then I will send in the application. If I won't then no worries - life goes on, and will wait for the date when I am eligible.

By then - there may be more changes, but there is no point in trying to plan for the future now when lots of it is unknown at this point (referring to C24 implementation, and possible changes in imm policy in a few years). So Plan B...

.../atb
@RAGLUF you profile is showing you landed on January 2013, physical requirement is 1095 days. how come you qualify in July? did you live in Canada before applying for PR? Just wondering :) thanks

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
ragluf said:

.../atb
Oh alright. Hopefully in a couple of weeks we will know how the rules will be implemented. I really don't have any issues with the C24 except the fact that the previous years of pre PR won't be considered.

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
Mailed my application today. It should be delivered on June 1st. :D

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gussj said:
@ RAGLUF you profile is showing you landed on January 2013, physical requirement is 1095 days. how come you qualify in July? did you live in Canada before applying for PR? Just wondering :) thanks
Yes. I have pre-PR time that I can use - half-day credit for each day pre-PR. So this will be naught if C24 is implemented before I become eligible :).

.../atb

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ojeola said:
Oh alright. Hopefully in a couple of weeks we will know how the rules will be implemented. I really don't have any issues with the C24 except the fact that the previous years of pre PR won't be considered.
Same here. It is the pre-PR time which becomes for naught. But I have no hard feelings on this. What gets me though is the steep increase in the fees - 2x increases last year. So I am just wondering (and trembling) what the fees will be come a few years from now :).

Cheers! and good luck to all applicants.

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
MiriamT said:
Mailed my application today. It should be delivered on June 1st. :D
Oh alright. Congratulations on that. From your timeline it seems you were eligible some few years back guess you had some few delays. Will be sending out my application on June 1st. All the best to everyone.

Gussj

Feb 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ragluf said:
Yes. I have pre-PR time that I can use - half-day credit for each day pre-PR. So this will be naught if C24 is implemented before I become eligible :).

.../atb
Thanks. Good luck all with your applications.:)

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
Ojeola said:
Oh alright. Congratulations on that. From your timeline it seems you were eligible some few years back guess you had some few delays.
Well, yeah. I think my current signature is pretty straight-forward and says it all:

Citizenship Application
First entry: March 2008
Moved to Canada: December 2008
Became a PR: November 2009
Became eligible for citizenship: sometime in 2012
Mailed application: May 28, 2015 (FedEx)
Received (expected): June 1, 2015

Ojeola said:
Will be sending out my application on June 1st. All the best to everyone.
Thanks, to you as well.

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
MiriamT said:
Well, yeah. I think my current signature is pretty straight-forward and says it all:

Citizenship Application
First entry: March 2008
Moved to Canada: December 2008
Became a PR: November 2009
Became eligible for citizenship: sometime in 2012
Mailed application: May 28, 2015 (FedEx)
Received (expected): June 1, 2015

Thanks, to you as well.
Oh alright. Hopefully, you let us know once you receive your AOR. There seems to be some delay in CIC sending out the acknowledgement.

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
Ojeola said:
Oh alright. Hopefully, you let us know once you receive your AOR. There seems to be some delay in CIC sending out the acknowledgement.
Sure.