+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tracking June 2015 Citizenship Application - Please Share your Timeline

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Gussj said:
Thanks yes, but it is asking me about info for a third party!!!
I should request the info under privacy act correct? and it is for free right?
There is no harm to request the info to begin with correct?

Thanks
It should be privacy as its free.

Choose Canada Border Service Agency from the dropdown.

what exactly is the question about the third party?

Gussj

Feb 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
It should be privacy as its free.

Choose Canada Border Service Agency from the dropdown.

what exactly is the question about the third party?
Thanks, I figured it out, although one needs to send a lot of personal information over unsecured internet connection.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gst8486 said:
Here are Steps for Citizenship Application preparation:

Download the forms from following
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/adults.asp

Also read the application guide available on the above link.

Get your photographs done too, make sure they are as per citizenship application specs, and don't forget to get it stamped at the back
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/photospecs-cit.asp

You will need the following documents

- Application Form - Make sure you include postal codes for all Canadian and foreign addresses where you lived
- Don't leave any column empty, for any non applicable column put “N/A”

- Online Residence Calculator (Don't Forget to Sign - a very common mistake applicants do)

- Copy of Landing paper

- Copy of PR Card (Copy of Both Sides)

- Copy of Driving License (Copy of Both Sides)

- Copy of Health Card (Copy of Both Sides)

- Passport page copies - Biometric Pages only (for old & new passports, if applicable)

- Copy of IELTS score card or any other CIC approved English proficiency test results (Language Proof)

- TRANSCRIPTs from University or college you attended (Copy)

- Photos (Don't Forget to put your name at the back - a very common mistake applicants do)

- Fee Receipt

Pay online for your application https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do?lang=en

Make sure you keep a copy of full application package before mailing it. Send it via courier even if you have to pay extra.There is a different address in case you want to send via courier

Those Applicants who travelled to USA a lot can now check their exit and entry date online, this can help in avoidng any hickups due to variation/ difference in date entered in the application, check the below link:
https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/request.html;jsessionid=xsK9VD1SLWFw3l0cmvSBM7SvKtDF7k5VGCmzrQv9SFlDJY6Mdzpd!975261647
Very good summary

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
Gussj said:
Thanks, I figured it out, although one needs to send a lot of personal information over unsecured internet connection.
I believe CBSA website seems very legit. Your personal information is transferred through a secure website encryption. However, it fine if you don't want to apply just make sure that all your inbound and outbound days are legit.

All the best to everyone.

Gussj

Feb 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ojeola said:
I believe CBSA website seems very legit. Your personal information is transferred through a secure website encryption. However, it fine if you don't want to apply just make sure that all your inbound and outbound days are legit.

All the best to everyone.
Thanks, what documents one needs to attach ? passport or drivers license?

Gussj

Feb 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
Photocopies of all passports (biographical pages)held in past 4 years and photocopy of both sides of pr card
Thanks As the documents are optional, I skipped that part, and proceeded without the application with providing any documents.

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
Gussj said:
Thanks As the documents are optional, I skipped that part, and proceeded without the application with providing any documents.
Once you provide about two fully scanned government issued ID I think that should work. They just want to authenticate the identity of whosoever that is requesting the report.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Gussj said:
I understand that however, you are not understanding my point.

If you just provide you drivers license, CBSA will run a check using your name and date of birth only.

If you provide copies of your passports and pr card, then they will run a search using your name, date of birth, passport number, pr card number etc which will yield more accurate results.
If you don't want to scan your ids then simply provide them the following information by writing in text:
1. NAME
2. DATE OF BIRTH
3. PASSPORT NUMBER(S)
4. PR CARD NUMBER

Do you get my point now?

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
Just a quick question to everyone concerning the CIC citizenship application. Are we suppose to sign the back of the passport photograph with our name or just a signature will do? Although most applicants do suggest that they sign and print their name on the passport.

Thanks

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ojeola said:
Just a quick question to everyone concerning the CIC citizenship application. Are we suppose to sign the back of the passport photograph with our name or just a signature will do? Although most applicants do suggest that they sign and print their name on the passport.

Thanks
Basically there are 2 types of applicants.

1. They follow the official guide which is the right thing
2. They listen what the others are improvising (NOT RECOMMENDED)

So the answer of your question is just write your name at the back of the 2 photographs.

Nuwa

Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ojeola said:

Thanks
They clearly mentioned that "Print the name of the person on the back of the photos." so no need to sign.

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
Nuwa said:
They clearly mentioned that "Print the name of the person on the back of the photos." so no need to sign.
Well, after considering both the pros and cons I think it will be reasonable for me to do both "Print & sign" at the back of the passport. If am correct it was the same thing we did when applying for PR. No need to leave anything to chance.

Gussj

Feb 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
I understand that however, you are not understanding my point.

If you just provide you drivers license, CBSA will run a check using your name and date of birth only.

If you provide copies of your passports and pr card, then they will run a search using your name, date of birth, passport number, pr card number etc which will yield more accurate results.
If you don't want to scan your ids then simply provide them the following information by writing in text:
1. NAME
2. DATE OF BIRTH
3. PASSPORT NUMBER(S)
4. PR CARD NUMBER

Do you get my point now?
Thanks again for your feedback

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
I know I am late to the party... but yes, you are DEFINITELY better off taking your chances by applying by the end of June or even July than sending the application before meeting the requirements. They take this very seriously. Even signing the documents before meeting the requirements or signing the documents in a fate after the mailing date (trying to foresee the deliver date) is very dangerous.

To have to adequate yourself to the new law would be WAY less problematic than dealing with those dates.

Cheers!

Gussj said:
Thanks for you reply and feedback much appreciated.
I guess it's better to take the chance and wait for the physical requirement and hope they don't implement the new rule before June 28. I will eb sending out my application on June 29 if that is the case :)
Thanks again