+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tough choice - OOPNP or wait for ITA (454 points)

Big_Yute

Mar 21, 2015
Having a hard time deciding whether to withdraw my profile and resubmit, in order to get a PT, or to wait for an ITA. I'm not comfortable with the idea of not being considered for an ITA, while Ontario decide whether to give me a nomination or not.

I think I'll wait until the next draw and see what the cut off CRS is.

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I wont recommend though.. Thats a good a score.. :) But still ur choice..

AndreasChen

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
don't withdraw. The system is buggy and you are not guaranteed to be able to re-enter. Just sit and wait.

DoubleS

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
CCC Jan 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
Big_Yute said:
Having a hard time deciding whether to withdraw my profile and resubmit, in order to get a PT, or to wait for an ITA. I'm not comfortable with the idea of not being considered for an ITA, while Ontario decide whether to give me a nomination or not.

I think I'll wait until the next draw and see what the cut off CRS is.
That's a pretty decent score; I say wait at least for the next draw to see what the required score will be.

Just an observation though, based of the following paragraph in the OOPNP guide, I think you would still be considered for an ITA, you would probably just lose your $1500 application fee:

"Note: If you receive and accept an Invitation to Apply (ITA) from CIC or a nomination from another province or territory after you have already applied to OOPNP, your application fee to OOPNP will not be refunded. Application fees are non-refundable even if an application is withdrawn or denied, as they cover OOPNP’s cost of processing applications."

Good luck!!!!

rahulpatel

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Same here..score is 475 but not sure whether to wait for ITA or not...

wskamel

Jan 25, 2015
if you apply to OOPNP , you might wait for 3 months to get decision , and nothing guarantee that you will nomination . so why would you spend 1500$ and wait for 3 months while you possibly will get ITA within 1 or 2 months ?

intensecool

Jan 29, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here is my recommendation sitting on SCORE 451.

Withdraw and resubmit your profile with EE.

Wait for invitation, it will come on its own you don't need to do anything. The system may be buggy but it will accept your profile without any changes and with same score.

If you get invitation, watch out for trend scores if it hovers like there only, i would say file it up the money $1500 will be charged only if your PNP is qualified else not.

This is what i am doing, let me know if i am wrong.

nobletomatoe

Jun 4, 2015
intensecool said:
the money $1500 will be charged only if your PNP is qualified else not.

This is what i am doing, let me know if i am wrong.
The CAD 1500 is a non refundable fee. If your PNP is not approved, the money won't be refunded.

pretty_18

Star Member
May 26, 2015
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
NOC:2141 Quebec.Code:B666
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 5, 2015 CC charged: Nov. 25, 2015
AOR Received.
Jan. 12,2016
IELTS Request
Nov. 1, 2014
if what is your heart and mind say, go for it. But never regret whatever your decision. ;D

Jaiveer Singh

Aug 22, 2013
Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I do not understand why some people pay huge weightage to money. 1500$ is nothing for secure your place. Is 454 a good score? Ask yourself? Every province has opened their pNP except Alberta what you speculate now? What would happen if your PR would be rejected, if Cic will blame you for misrepresentation, if Canada will close for immigration, if points would not come below 755, if there will be in one draw in two months instead of one month? Why so negative there is nothing confirmed but we have to take step.

My advice dnt look for draws and waste your time, many applicants were finding opportunities and now you have in hand, you are taking money issue atfront. 1500$ is your 15 or 20 days income you can recover. Dnt think about money, just confirm your place.

So what if its only 3 months, just think about Alberta or BC pnp- 24 and 16 months respectively. So 600 points and then relax. At least you will not worry if draw will happen once a month or two month you will be selected in next draw instead of waiting for next 3 or 4 draws

Big_Yute

Mar 21, 2015
Thanks all for your feedback. Anyone knows if one can apply for bridging open work permit pending OOPNP nomination?

Chak de!

Jun 7, 2015
Hello

Can someone pls suggest what to answer for "have you previously applied to cic for immigration"?
Yes or No?

I have deleted my previous exp entry profile and recreating a new one.

Do we have to disclose our previous express entry profile number?

Your suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thanks

specialmary

Jun 18, 2012
Jaiveer Singh said:
I do not understand why some people pay huge weightage to money. 1500$ is nothing for secure your place. Is 454 a good score? Ask yourself? Every province has opened their pNP except Alberta what you speculate now? What would happen if your PR would be rejected, if Cic will blame you for misrepresentation, if Canada will close for immigration, if points would not come below 755, if there will be in one draw in two months instead of one month? Why so negative there is nothing confirmed but we have to take step.

My advice dnt look for draws and waste your time, many applicants were finding opportunities and now you have in hand, you are taking money issue atfront. 1500$ is your 15 or 20 days income you can recover. Dnt think about money, just confirm your place.

So what if its only 3 months, just think about Alberta or BC pnp- 24 and 16 months respectively. So 600 points and then relax. At least you will not worry if draw will happen once a month or two month you will be selected in next draw instead of waiting for next 3 or 4 draws
I believe what the real question is whether you want to settle in Ontario. Ontario's economy has never been good, and it is cold compared to British Columbia. If you move to other provinces after obtaining immigration status, it may involve complications and they have the right not to provide you the citizenship. Worse still, they may file misrepresentation against you.

If you wait for ITA from CIC, you are allowed to settle anywhere in the country.

chakrireddy

Apr 2, 2015
Can someone please clarify when we will be paying 1500$ ?I am really confused with this.Coz if I pay the money and get rejected its a pretty huge loss of money.
Someone,please reply

DoubleS

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
CCC Jan 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
chakrireddy said:
Can someone please clarify when we will be paying 1500$ ?I am really confused with this.Coz if I pay the money and get rejected its a pretty huge loss of money.
Someone,please reply
This is from the guide "The application fee is per application. The fee must be submitted with the application package or the application will be considered incomplete and returned to you." -- page 20