+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tough choice - OOPNP or wait for ITA (454 points)

canadiensedream2015

Star Member
Apr 20, 2015
velveteen said:
Hey,
"You are required to demonstrate a minimum level of savings/income to support
yourself and your dependent family members."

So, as long as you have a steady income (that is available to sustain your family), it should be enough. From CIC website: cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp
"Number of
Family Members Funds Required
(in Canadian dollars)
1 $11,931
2 $14,853
3 $18,260
4 $22,170
5 $25,145
6 $28,359
7 or more $31,574
You do not have to show that you have these funds if:

you have a valid offer of arranged employment in Canada AND
you are currently working or authorized to work in Canada."
Hope this helps!
This is really unfair. I have a job without LMIA. If I had a LMIA I would not be interested in the OOPNP at all.
Do you think I should take a chance and send my application with my paystubs only?

Please advise.

Big_Yute

Mar 21, 2015
HAILMANU said:
My advice would be to re enter your EE profile after the cut off (June 1) and wait to get an expression of interest from OOPNP. Once you get this you don't have to proceed in applying, you can sit tight for a while and watch the trend in points and hopefully it will get down below 454.The next draw should tell us a lot on this. No draw now for 2 weeks, hopefully next draw will be this weekend. If not then it's another long gap like April/May. Worst thing would be if CIC held off on further draws for a couple months pending entry of candidates under this new OOPNP system.

Im at 534 myself and am already in the process of applying for PNP with my employer. Ontario received my employer screening application March 31 - still waiting to hear back. Once they are approved I will then be able to submit my own app, this would cost me $2000 so im hoping that points will drop and Ill get ITA without needing this.
That's my plan exactly! I re-submitted my profile yesterday and i got the PT interest letter from OOPNP this afternoon around 4:00 pm. I have a feeling there might be a EE draw this weekend, so i'm waiting until then before i decide whether to proceed with the PNP or not.

Just to clarify one misconception i noticed in the forum, i read the OOPNP application guide in its entirety just now, and it says "Once you accept a provincial nomination, you will no be considered in the pool of candidates for regular EE draws." Getting and accepting an interest letter (PT) is not the same as getting a Provincial Nomination, so even after you submit your application to OOPNP, you will still be active in the EE pool and eligible for an ITA. The only downside i see is that you will lose your $1500, if you accept an ITA while your OOPNP application is being processed.

hedonist10

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
They have a specific question where they ask about other pnp applications...i think that will be a main factors...applicants who have applied for any other province in past have less chances of selection.....any thoughts?