+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tough choice - OOPNP or wait for ITA (454 points)

ddw2014

Sep 19, 2014
I will wait for ITA. OOPNP does NOT equal to PNP. After three months waiting for the OOPNP decision, you may already have got the ITA. And remember, during these three months, there must be other PNP which you can apply. A friend of mine apply for NB PNP in may and he has already got the PNP.

HAILMANU

Star Member
May 19, 2015
chakrireddy said:
Can someone please clarify when we will be paying 1500$ ?I am really confused with this.Coz if I pay the money and get rejected its a pretty huge loss of money.
Someone,please reply
My advice would be to re enter your EE profile after the cut off (June 1) and wait to get an expression of interest from OOPNP. Once you get this you don't have to proceed in applying, you can sit tight for a while and watch the trend in points and hopefully it will get down below 454.The next draw should tell us a lot on this. No draw now for 2 weeks, hopefully next draw will be this weekend. If not then it's another long gap like April/May. Worst thing would be if CIC held off on further draws for a couple months pending entry of candidates under this new OOPNP system.

Im at 534 myself and am already in the process of applying for PNP with my employer. Ontario received my employer screening application March 31 - still waiting to hear back. Once they are approved I will then be able to submit my own app, this would cost me $2000 so im hoping that points will drop and Ill get ITA without needing this.

fpaikar

Jul 15, 2013
Hi needed some information can we create a new profile using our previous cic account and express entry profile no.Also once we submit our documents after that 45 days period will our application be still in the pool fir the draws till our nomination is confirmed.Don't think there is any disadvantage in creating a new profile.

kakhileshreddy

Jan 6, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
CELPIP-spouse-sept 23- same day submitted
AOR Received.
sept 14
Med's Request
sept 24-passed/recv'd
Med's Done....
sept 24
Passport Req..
FEB 24
1500 $$$ are just to keep us in safe side.. how long can we wait having score with 400+. its our career in canada afterall.

i would say 600 points =1500$ not bad + 3 months time(if we get PT)

so its individuals choice..

i am ready to spent 1500 for 600 points. as i have a FT job in ontario and have 15000+ funds and have more than CLB7 in ielts.

TrackIT

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-03-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
09-03-2017
Med's Done....
29-03-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2017
LANDED..........
24-08-2017
Wow !
when ppl are struggling to find ways to get nominated or waiting to get drawn in EE regular draws , still ppl r thinking to spend 1500 $ with all the eligibility. I dnt understand why do folks here are too worried to spend 1500$, on the other end I believe all these ppl must have spend more than 20k r 30k for education and all the stuff. Then why not 1500$ if something can happen. this is just a personal opinion guys no offense.

canadiensedream2015

Star Member
Apr 20, 2015
Hi everyone,

I got the OOPNP invitation. Could you please advise me with a question I have.

- Proof of funds: I do not have the 14K+ require for me and my family but I read the guidelines and it seems to me that my current job with suffice. So, would my employement reference letter, pay stubs, NOA and T4 be accepted as PoF?

Thanks.

uxd

Feb 27, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2015
AOR Received.
01-09-2015
Med's Done....
04-09-2015
Passport Req..
16-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
6-11-2015 copr rcvd
Is PoF required for CEC at the nomination stage ? I know it is required when you apply for actual PR. And having a PGWP job w/o LMIA suficient as a PoF for CECs? Any one has any clue?

copypaper

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
Big_Yute said:
Having a hard time deciding whether to withdraw my profile and resubmit, in order to get a PT, or to wait for an ITA. I'm not comfortable with the idea of not being considered for an ITA, while Ontario decide whether to give me a nomination or not.

I think I'll wait until the next draw and see what the cut off CRS is.
I have a question -- is it required to remake the EE profile after June 1st to be eligible for OOPNP? Or can a profile that was made earlier in 2015 still be eligible for PT?

svlinas

Apr 3, 2015
copypaper said:
I have a question -- is it required to remake the EE profile after June 1st to be eligible for OOPNP? Or can a profile that was made earlier in 2015 still be eligible for PT?
You need to recreate a EE profile. It is mentioned on OOPNP site that they can only consider EE profiles created after June 1st

velveteen

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-15-2015
AOR Received.
11-15-2015
canadiensedream2015 said:
Hi everyone,

I got the OOPNP invitation. Could you please advise me with a question I have.

- Proof of funds: I do not have the 14K+ require for me and my family but I read the guidelines and it seems to me that my current job with suffice. So, would my employement reference letter, pay stubs, NOA and T4 be accepted as PoF?

Thanks.
Hey,
"You are required to demonstrate a minimum level of savings/income to support
yourself and your dependent family members."

So, as long as you have a steady income (that is available to sustain your family), it should be enough. From CIC website: cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp
"Number of
Family Members Funds Required
(in Canadian dollars)
1 $11,931
2 $14,853
3 $18,260
4 $22,170
5 $25,145
6 $28,359
7 or more $31,574
You do not have to show that you have these funds if:

you have a valid offer of arranged employment in Canada AND
you are currently working or authorized to work in Canada."
Hope this helps!

copypaper

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
svlinas said:
You need to recreate a EE profile. It is mentioned on OOPNP site that they can only consider EE profiles created after June 1st
Thanks svlinas. I read the "application guide" and it didn't mention that. I found the link to the one section of OOPNP website with that requirement, linked to from this forum. It wasn't obvious to me on their website ::)

kjz_box

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got PT notification, can i change the "have you ever applied to EE?" I said yes, but actually i was just in the pool, never applied.

chdboy25

Star Member
Apr 19, 2015
I am in the same boat with 478 points in EE. Can anyone answer these? it will help me to decide if i should apply for Ontario..

Suppose I get PT from Ontario. I apply for it by filling forms and paying 1500$ fee. Now the timeline starts the day i pay my fee and submit the profile and Ontario will take upto 90 days. During the processing in these 90 Days:

Will i still be in the EE pool and can get a ITA if my score is above the cut off or I am no longer in the EE pool until Ontario gives me the answer?
If I get an ITA and plan to apply , i have to withdraw my Ontatrio PT notification and apply for ITA.

is that right?

chdboy25

Star Member
Apr 19, 2015
kjz_box said:
I got PT notification, can i change the "have you ever applied to EE?" I said yes, but actually i was just in the pool, never applied.
so what is the answer to the question? some people in forum are saying that answer it as yes because you have applied to EE before. Being in the pool means you applied to EE? isnt it?

or we should answer it as no?

tankthinks

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kakhileshreddy said:
1500 $$$ are just to keep us in safe side.. how long can we wait having score with 400+. its our career in canada afterall.

i would say 600 points =1500$ not bad + 3 months time(if we get PT)

so its individuals choice..

i am ready to spent 1500 for 600 points. as i have a FT job in ontario and have 15000+ funds and have more than CLB7 in ielts.
the problem is ..... $1500 doesn't guarantee 600 points... only 2700 lucky ppl can have this.