+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

KatbiyaNazi

Jun 13, 2019
@Jalalcananda @RefugeeHelp1

I am tagging the experts but anyone can help.
When I applied for PR in March 2019, I did a mistake of choosing the "unaccompanied" option for my spouse who is outside Canada. I thought that not being present in Canada means unaccompanied. But I did pay the PR fee for three people, myself, my minor child with me in Canada and my spouse outside Canada.

I learnt about this mistake through my MP office and since then I have twice provided the amended forms, explanatory letter, copies of our marriage documents etc.
Do you guys think it should be sorted once they start working on our PR applications? Does anyone have any experience like mine?
I am too scared if they make us suffer just because I did this really stupid mistake. Feeling so guilty!!!
Thanks for all the help!

Reactions: Jalalcananda

Onetv1

Star Member
May 15, 2018

When I applied for PR in March 2019, I did a mistake of choosing the "unaccompanied" option for my spouse who is outside Canada. I thought that not being present in Canada means unaccompanied. But I did pay the PR fee for three people, myself, my minor child with me in Canada and my spouse outside Canada.

I learnt about this mistake through my MP office and since then I have twice provided the amended forms, explanatory letter, copies of our marriage documents etc.
Do you guys think it should be sorted once they start working on our PR applications? Does anyone have any experience like mine?
I am too scared if they make us suffer just because I did this really stupid mistake. Feeling so guilty!!!
Thanks for all the help!
You will be fine, I’ve heard many cases like you. Since you’ve corrected and sent them the corrected forms I think it’s all fine. Everybody does mistake and notify Ircc immediately. Since you’ve notified them it’s all fine. Don’t worry, be patient and one day good news will knock your door. Have you every ordered GCMS notes recently?

KatbiyaNazi

Jun 13, 2019
You will be fine, I’ve heard many cases like you. Since you’ve corrected and sent them the corrected forms I think it’s all fine. Everybody does mistake and notify Ircc immediately. Since you’ve notified them it’s all fine. Don’t worry, be patient and one day good news will knock your door. Have you every ordered GCMS notes recently?
Thanks a lot! Makes me feel better.
I have ordered only once and it was in May this year.
It showed criminality under process and rest not started.
How about yourself?

Onetv1

Star Member
May 15, 2018
Thanks a lot! Makes me feel better.
I have ordered only once and it was in May this year.
It showed criminality under process and rest not started.
How about yourself?
Prefect! I’ve ordered a few months ago, everything was normal like you. Status: Pp-ready for Landing. Criminality under process and rest not started. Please do call Ircc and ask for an update they will explain to you about your application if something is incorrect they will tell you. I’ve called them a week ago they said everything is normal and be patient. Call Ircc to make sure everything is fine and then kick stress out of your mind.

Reactions: KatbiyaNazi

KatbiyaNazi

Jun 13, 2019
Prefect! I’ve ordered a few months ago, everything was normal like you. Status: Pp-ready for Landing. Criminality under process and rest not started. Please do call Ircc and ask for an update they will explain to you about your application if something is incorrect they will tell you. I’ve called them a week ago they said everything is normal and be patient. Call Ircc to make sure everything is fine and then kick stress out of your mind.
Thanks a lot! I will call them sometime this week. I haven't call them since ages. It's about time now :).

Another thing, my GCMS notes show status as "PP - queued for decision". It does not show "PP - ready for landing".
What is the difference I wonder...

Onetv1

Star Member
May 15, 2018
Thanks a lot! I will call them sometime this week. I haven't call them since ages. It's about time now :).

Another thing, my GCMS notes show status as "PP - queued for decision". It does not show "PP - ready for landing".
What is the difference I wonder...
When did you request your GCMS notes this year?

KatbiyaNazi

Jun 13, 2019
When did you request your GCMS notes this year?
I received my notes around May 25th 2020. When did you order yours?
I am not sure what is the difference between these two statuses. I have heard people having your status (PP - ready for landing) but not mine (which is PP - queued for decision).

@Jalalcananda maybe you could help? Thanks

Onetv1

Star Member
May 15, 2018
I received my notes around May 25th 2020. When did you order yours?
I am not sure what is the difference between these two statuses. I have heard people having your status (PP - ready for landing) but not mine (which is PP - queued for decision).

@Jalalcananda maybe you could help? Thanks
Ready for landing is final step

AryaRobinson

Dec 21, 2019

Thanks for all the help!
Hello, I also made some mistakes twice. You don't have to worry. To put your heart to rest, order GCMS note to check your form. It will show you the forms you have submitted so far.