+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

conibravo

Sep 1, 2020
Hey guys, yesterday I got my COPR notification in my gckey account. There is no letter just the expiry dates and document number. It's been so long and I've been so busy with school that I honestly forgot about PR altogether. I'm lost. Today I received a call and they asked me whether I was in Canada or not and I said yes. But now what? What are my next steps and what should I do?

genyor

Star Member
Sep 1, 2019
Its a waiting game now since they are finalizing novembers applications and soon will start dec and januarys after that it’ll be our turn. Goood luck just add another 5 months to your app
I think more than 5 months because we all have not started for security and eligibility
and everyone of them need at least 7 months to complete
I am confused

MIDO2023

Star Member
Apr 28, 2020
Hey guys, yesterday I got my COPR notification in my gckey account. There is no letter just the expiry dates and document number. It's been so long and I've been so busy with school that I honestly forgot about PR altogether. I'm lost. Today I received a call and they asked me whether I was in Canada or not and I said yes. But now what? What are my next steps and what should I do?
CONGRATULATIONS
WHATS YOUR TIME LINE ???

Polsonlive

Oct 2, 2018
Congratulations! You should get your Copr letter soon and then it will have instructions on how to apply your PR card

Reactions: maedow

Jan 10, 2017
Hi All,

I have a question about spouse PR AOR.

I am principal applicant and I submitted my PR application along with my spouse PR application in March 2020.

My question is will my spouse also receives his AOR at a same time when I get mines? Any body with experience please? Will IRCC contact me or my spouse for his PR application? @Jalalcananda

Reactions: Jalalcananda

Virgono1

Star Member
Nov 23, 2018
Its a waiting game now since they are finalizing novembers applications and soon will start dec and januarys after that it’ll be our turn. Goood luck just add another 5 months to your app
Same wanted to ask. Is that document for your dependants?
It's a background declaration form u have to provide last 10 years details or from 18 years till today information like job, education etc

Ex ツ

May 24, 2020
I think more than 5 months because we all have not started for security and eligibility
and everyone of them need at least 7 months to complete
I am confused
Well yeah I meant minimum of five months to it as processing times for PR applications are now 24 months so fingers crossed lets wait and see what happens but lets be optimistic and hope we get it in the end of the year

Ex ツ

May 24, 2020
Hi All,

I have a question about spouse PR AOR.

I am principal applicant and I submitted my PR application along with my spouse PR application in March 2020.

My question is will my spouse also receives his AOR at a same time when I get mines? Any body with experience please? Will IRCC contact me or my spouse for his PR application? @Jalalcananda
Inlands will receive their AORs and the process will start once the inland applicants get their AIP then VOs will be adviced to work on outland apps which is ur wife

Reactions: 9990

mugere

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
There are different ways to find out if you have passed security. I have contacted to my MP and MP office asked update on my PR application. That how I learned that I have passed security.

The second way is to calling IRCC and asking the agent specifically that if you have passed security and background check. If you do not ask specifically they will not tell you.
Last week i called IRCC call center the agent told me that CBSA sent security results but they are waiting for a case processing officer to take a decision on those security results(make it passed or not) did someone have the same situation before or now in this forum?

@kelepirci when have u talked to the MP about your security results?

Waiting-18

Aug 23, 2020
Hi all , my timeline
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on August 23, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 16, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on December 15, 2019.
  4. We sent you correspondence on September 2, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
they ask for fingerprint and PPC , what will happen after this step ? please share your information

kelepirci

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Last week i called IRCC call center the agent told me that CBSA sent security results but they are waiting for a case processing officer to take a decision on those security results(make it passed or not) did someone have the same situation before or now in this forum?

@kelepirci when have u talked to the MP about your security results?
Yes I have. According to the information I got from MP my security and background check was valid. So that means passed.

For some cases senior immigration officer may need to approve the security report coming from the source. But again this is my assumption.

conibravo

Sep 1, 2020
Congratulations! You should get your Copr letter soon and then it will have instructions on how to apply your PR card
Thank you. And that letter would probably come to the address that the IRCC has right? I wonder where that is. But that's my problem, thank you again I wish you guys good luck.