+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

B1007

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
We were so thorough with our application and file was sent in May 2013 and still waiting why do they make it so difficult for genuine people who want to live with their wife, I came as a visitor in August for 6 months hoping when I go back to London it will be 1/2 months wait than I will have my visa, now turns out it will take a further 4 months extra for them to review documents proofing my wife is employed than probably another 4-6 months after that which will make the total wait 16/18 months why does it take so long I thought the average waiting time was 7-10 months :(

CDAN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
Graihn said:
What was the red flag that called for an interview? Lack of proof the relationship was genuine on continuous? Please let me know so I can avoid a potential interview.

Thanks!
CIC lost proof of everything from 2010 on! They didn't state that when they asked for extra info?

sooke

Dec 4, 2013
B1007 said:
We were so thorough with our application and file was sent in May 2013 and still waiting why do they make it so difficult for genuine people who want to live with their wife, I came as a visitor in August for 6 months hoping when I go back to London it will be 1/2 months wait than I will have my visa, now turns out it will take a further 4 months extra for them to review documents proofing my wife is employed than probably another 4-6 months after that which will make the total wait 16/18 months why does it take so long I thought the average waiting time was 7-10 months :(
I sympathise, my application was extremely accurate; i work in law and am used to producing court standard files so made sure i followed their instructions to the letter, i completed schedule A which asked for my activities and addresses since 18 or for the last 10 years, whichever was soonest, so i filled it out for 10 years and was extremely accurate…i then get an email saying i have to update with details since 18. I was pretty dumbfounded but what can you do, to then find out that it will be 4 months before these documents are even considered makes me very angry because as you say, this is people's lives being messed with and they are moving the goalposts on us.

markstimson

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
File Transfer...
22-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
B1007 said:
Hey there. Just a bit of reassurance, CIC always say they need up to 4 months to review incoming correspondence. That's not the case. I was asked to send a Canadian police certificate in, which they said would take up to 4 months to review. 10 days after they received it, I had a COPR in my hand in Canada. They made the decision immediately upon receipt.

Is she employed right now? If so, just get her boss or HR dept to write a short letter on company letter head if possible, stating when she started employment, how many hours she works per week, and rate of pay/salary. Get this sent in and given you applied in May 2013, I wholly expect this is probably all they need before approving you.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I'll second what Markstimson said above. CIC states 4 months but that is basically just to cover themselves in case something does happen to delay the file. Additional documents are usually reviewed in the London office within a matter of weeks and don't really delay the process. My partner also had an additional PCC requested, as well as a replacement authorization form for the NZ police cert, which CIC lost. We had the COPR in hand less than 6 weeks after sending them.

B1007

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
Thanks for the info, that really made me feel better all day I was kind of upset and mad thinking my visa could take ages or even be rejected as they state in the email. Love everyone on here for all the support and useful info, any of you by saskatoon or Prince Albert I'll buy u a beer :)

Gona' send these documents of and hope to be a PR soon :)

markstimson

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
File Transfer...
22-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
May I wholeheartedly recommend Creemore Springs if you are beer drinker! Best beer in Canada IMO. They don't use preservatives or pasteurize afterwards so it's seriously nice.

togethersoon

Nov 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 4, 2013
AOR Received.
July 11, 2013
File Transfer...
"In Process" Jan 23, 2014
Med's Done....
March, 2013
Passport Req..
March 10, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2014
LANDED..........
April 3, 2014
Hi all! I'm a June applicant and have kept my husband on the lookout for any mail/request for documents from CIC.

He recently moved from his address, and so we let CIC know of his change of address in October. They updated the address on ECAS, and also sent back an email signed from an immigration officer initialed "ACD", stating that he confirms the address has been changed on the file.

Is there any chance that any mail/request for extra documents might still go to the previous address? I've seen some of the older posts on here and am getting worried. Would a mail reroute system be recommended (just in case), or would you say we're on the safe side?

Thank you to this forum, and to all the amazing members' responses. If I'd found this forum before, I would never have enlisted the help of a lawyer.

Here's to hoping we'll get an "in progress" signal soon enough! Good luck to all other June/July applicants as well!

jkgtr

Star Member
Oct 13, 2013
Belfast
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/12/2013
AOR Received.
29/01/2014
File Transfer...
29/01/2014
Med's Done....
18/10/2013
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
no
VISA ISSUED...
15/7/2014
LANDED..........
5/08/2014
Hi guys, just a quick question, how long roughly from when Mississauga gets the application delivered do you usually get notification that they have received it? I have tried logging in with my payment receipt number but it says it isn't available to view

thanks

John

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
jkgtr said:
Hi guys, just a quick question, how long roughly from when Mississauga gets the application delivered do you usually get notification that they have received it? I have tried logging in with my payment receipt number but it says it isn't available to view

thanks

John
Couple of weeks in my case.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
jkgtr said:

thanks

John
We didn't hear anything from Mississauga until we received the sponsor approval email. I never could log in to ECAS with the receipt details, was only able to log in once I had the file number.

Dubrider

Star Member
Jan 13, 2012
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-09-2012
Doc's Request.
09-01-2013
Nomination.....
30-3-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
2-11-2012
Med's Request
04-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-04-2013
Passport Req..
21-10-2013
So I just got homer from Landing as a PR, this is my experience for those interested.

It was very cold today in Southern Saskatchewan so we drove (my girlfriend and I) through to the American border, were instructed to enter the building and receive my refusal letter to take back to the Canadians. The experience with the Americans was as uncomfortable as always. They seem to have no personality and had no interest in what I was doing.

Returning to Canada I was asked to enter the building to complete my landing along with my Two copies of my COPR, Passport and refusal letter to the United States. After waiting around 30 mins my turn came, the officer was fairly pleasant and asked to see my Cell phone which I had to fetch from the car. Apparently it's customary for them to now check the Media devices coming into the country. Although the Family before me weren't asked.

I was asked to confirm everything on the COPR was correct, height, eye colour etc... and signed both copies. He sent me away with the second copy for me to keep and some paperwork to mull over. And that was it. Quite under whelming I have to say. There was a small 'Congratulations' thrown in at the end and I was sent on my way. Not an unpleasant experience but certainly not the fan fare I was expecting. I would certainly have looked a little stupid if I'd been decked out in Maple leafs and waving a flag.

There was another Brit there too waiting in line, I know this because I gingerly showed him my passport and he did the same. It's almost like a secret handshake in those situations, no matter where you are in the world you'll find a Brit. And ask them where they're from. And try and pick out there accent and see where they're originally from. I'm from Wales but I've a southern accent so people are always surprised.

Thanks to this thread I've remained sane knowing it's not just me going through this. It's certainly a very relieving feeling being done. Next stop dual Nationality :)

browntrout

Apr 20, 2013
Hong Kong
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong S.A.R
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2013
AOR Received.
04-10-2013
File Transfer...
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
12-07-2013
Passport Req..
15-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2013
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
canuck_in_uk said:
We didn't hear anything from Mississauga until we received the sponsor approval email. I never could log in to ECAS with the receipt details, was only able to log in once I had the file number.
same in our case

preity_4

Nov 19, 2013
jkgtr said:

thanks

John
It took me 3 weeks to get a letter from Mississauga to confirm I was approved to sponsor my husband. Someone in this forum was kind enough to tell me to try logging in ecas with the application number that starts with "F" followed by numbers (they will be in the letter you get after they receive your application) and it worked for me. Hopefully it will work for you as well.

Goodluck!