+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
andrew-brit said:
Okay sorry to bring this up again but in form IMM0008ENU_2D question 10 of Personal Details section it asks for Current country of residence.

I am currently in Canada so should I put that? Or should I put the UK? It seems false putting Canada as I will likely have to leave Canada before my PR is granted. My visitor status expires in a couple of months.
Are you going to be sending of your application before or after you leave canada?

If your sending it off soon I would put canada, there is an option to update your address online once the first stage has been approved

So you can always change at a later date to reflect the fact your now residing in the UK

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
andrew-brit said:
Sorry if this is not the correct place for this question.

On the How to Apply page it says

If your spouse, partner or dependent child lives with you in Canada, use the Application for Permanent Residence in Canada—Spouse or Common-Law Partner;

OR,
If your spouse, partner or dependent child lives outside Canada, use the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class.

My situation: I am a British Citizen currently living in Calgary, however my status is a visitor so technically I guess I do not live here?

We want to do an Outland application because it seems quicker and so I can leave Canada without my application being cancelled when I leave, so is it okay to put my UK address?
Yep, fill out an outland form. :) Completely fine. You can do an outland form even if you put a Canadian address anyway. It's a completely fine choice for you to choose whether you want to apply inland or outland.

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
SchnookoLoly said:
+1 for Becki's request here, it's really useful to make sure that the spreadsheet is complete. Becki does a fantastic job at keeping an eye on all updates from CV; I am more active on British Expats. So huge thanks to Becki for all her efforts here, it's great to have someone so dedicated to help with the spreadsheet. :)

As she said, the more complete we can make the spreadsheet the better. To anyone reading this who isn't on the spreadsheet but who looks at it, the best payback you can give is to add your own data. The more lines we have, the more accurate a picture we have of processing times, and the more useful it is for anyone.

If you are lurking and don't want to post publicly, then feel free to PM me or Becki with your data, and we will add you in. :)
Thanks, that was kind of you.

How did you do the multi-quote!!?!?!?!? It would save me posting 10 times in a row just myself lol

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Becki567 said:

How did you do the multi-quote!!?!?!?!? It would save me posting 10 times in a row just myself lol
Chevy23 said:
LOL!!

I have wondered this also but thought I was being stupid so didn't ask
Click "Quote" for each post that you want to quote, the board will populate each one in the bottom text box. So then when you go to thebox you just have all the quotes "stacked"... look for [ /quote ] (without the spaces) at the end of each one and type away! :)

(If the quotes are on multiple pages, then just cut and paste from the text box before you switch pages.)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
andrew-brit said:
Okay sorry to bring this up again but in form IMM0008ENU_2D question 10 of Personal Details section it asks for Current country of residence.

I am currently in Canada so should I put that? Or should I put the UK? It seems false putting Canada as I will likely have to leave Canada before my PR is granted. My visitor status expires in a couple of months.
Put Canada. And it's perfectly fine to put your Canadian address; you don't need to have a UK address listed even if you are applying outland.

As for your status, if you want to remain in Canada, you can easily extend it. Include proof that you've applied for PR (fee receipt, sponsor approval if you have it by then) and that you can support yourself (bank statements, partner's wage slips etc.) and it will almost definitely be approved. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visitor.asp

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
Becki567 said:

:)

SchnookoLoly said:
Click "Quote" for each post that you want to quote, the board will populate each one in the bottom text box. So then when you go to thebox you just have all the quotes "stacked"... look for [ /quote ] (without the spaces) at the end of each one and type away! :)

(If the quotes are on multiple pages, then just cut and paste from the text box before you switch pages.)
Oh aweosme!! I got it thanks, took me a few tries though! Haha

I don't know how I couldn't figure that out, it's obvious now that you've explained it

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Chevy23 said:

I don't know how I couldn't figure that out, it's obvious now that you've explained it
Hehe, easily done! :) Happy to help!

qtazngal

Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 February 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
05 January 2012
Interview........
Waived
Hi Schnookololy

The interview was not about the genuiness of our marriage but its for something else. Now got to pay another fee (hopefully the last one) and thats about it. They did say that good news are 1) I passed the sponsorship and 2) husband passed his application but bad news 1 only need to pay fee and thats it. It did say that we have to wait another 4 months after paying fee for a reply.

Oh well, whats another 6 months into my 2years :) Nothing else to do but just to wait.

mec14

Star Member
Apr 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
11-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 16-06-2015, COPR arrived 25-06-2015
LANDED..........
27-06-2015
Becki567 said:
As rhcohen said it is just differences in mailing times. However, the COPR is not mailed from Canada. It is mailed from London, England.
Damn it rhcohen... you got me all excited that it would be mailed from Mississauga and shave 5 days of my waiting time as I currently live in Toronto. I even fantasize about driving to Niagara the day I receive my COPR (even late a night) instead of waiting for the weekend.

I have nothing to complain about as I'm already in Canada on a TWP. Just goes to show how irrational we become with this waiting game. I'm obsessing about shaving a few days from a 6-8 month long process :eek:

I can only imagine how hard it must be for those of you separated from family. These forums are a great support network so THANK YOU all for contributing!

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
SchnookoLoly said:

+10000 for you if I could. Thanks! You have saved me a great deal of time!

Chevy23 said:

Glad I was not the only one that didn't know how to do it. lol

Sammyjolpp

Apr 7, 2014
So the COPR letter arrived this morning :) can't fault immigration they've been really good at keeping us informed and got back to us pretty quickly on email. We received an email the day before yesterday to let us know the COPR would be dispatched within two days.

Glad we've finally got there and good luck to those still waiting

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
Sammyjolpp said:
So the COPR letter arrived this morning :) can't fault immigration they've been really good at keeping us informed and got back to us pretty quickly on email. We received an email the day before yesterday to let us know the COPR would be dispatched within two days.

Glad we've finally got there and good luck to those still waiting
That's great news!! Congrats

I've been waiting for your update on this, glad everything has worked out :)

Sammyjolpp

Apr 7, 2014
Chevy23 said:
That's great news!! Congrats

I've been waiting for your update on this, glad everything has worked out :)
They definitely kept us on tenterhooks for the last few weeks - thanks so much for the moral support!!

CanadianInUK

Star Member
Feb 6, 2014
BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
File Transfer...
21-08-2014
Med's Done....
12-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20/05/2015
LANDED..........
24/05/2015
Update!

I was emailed by CIC yesterday August 21st to say that I met the requirements for sponsor and that our application was now being transferred to London.

woohoo! :)