+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

PF

Star Member
Sep 1, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/09/2014
Med's Done....
26/07/2014
Passport Req..
17/11/2014
Stats question (out of curiosity).

Historically are there any trends to the following:

1. marriage versus common law versus conjugal
2. In Canada (employed or not) but applying outland compared to outside of Canada applying outland

I know trends change all of the time - I'm just a numbers guy

P

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
PF said:
Stats question (out of curiosity).

Historically are there any trends to the following:

1. marriage versus common law versus conjugal
2. In Canada (employed or not) but applying outland compared to outside of Canada applying outland

I know trends change all of the time - I'm just a numbers guy

P
I'm also a bit of a numbers girl and I have looked into spreadsheet trends

1. There appears to be no trends on M vs CL, I thought at first CL took longer because quite often CIC were requesting more proof but this is not the case recently. If you look at 2014 there's a whole load of CL applications that have been completed already

2. I haven't looked into this actually but if there was an obvious trend here I probably would have spotted it

Lol sounds lame but I like trying to analyse the spreadheet!! LOL

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Sammyjolpp said:
So the COPR letter arrived this morning :) can't fault immigration they've been really good at keeping us informed and got back to us pretty quickly on email. We received an email the day before yesterday to let us know the COPR would be dispatched within two days.

Glad we've finally got there and good luck to those still waiting
Awesome, glad it arrived! What's your closest big city, so we can fill that in on your line on the spreadsheet? :)

CanadianInUK said:
Update!

I was emailed by CIC yesterday August 21st to say that I met the requirements for sponsor and that our application was now being transferred to London.

woohoo! :)
Awesome, updated! Need your location for the spreadsheet too, please! :)

Chevy23 said:
I'm also a bit of a numbers girl and I have looked into spreadsheet trends

1. There appears to be no trends on M vs CL, I thought at first CL took longer because quite often CIC were requesting more proof but this is not the case recently. If you look at 2014 there's a whole load of CL applications that have been completed already

2. I haven't looked into this actually but if there was an obvious trend here I probably would have spotted it

Lol sounds lame but I like trying to analyse the spreadheet!! LOL
Dude, you are talking to the numbers geek, haha! I got so excited when I worked out how to do the cover sheet that's on the spreadsheet now, I spent ages thinking "it would be useful to know what the average is for the most recent approvals, not just the split by year"... I tried a few times to work out how to merge all the data but failed... last week I tried again and found a new function that involved custom scripts (!) but managed to get it to work and now the spreadsheet has way more nerdiness!

But like you, I have not found much difference between CL and M applications, they seem to take about the same - in fact, CL maybe goes marginally faster, because you simply have to provide way more proof of your legitimate relationship as compared to married apps. But on the other hand, it tends to be the CL people who are more often asked for additional proof, usually additional proof of cohabitation, so that could slow it down. Hard to say!

Living inside or outside of Canada I also don't believe has much bearing on things, but that was part of the logic behind adding the location column from 2014, so we can have a look to see if that has much effect. So if you're reading this and we don't have your location, let us know what it is so it can be added! :D

PF

Star Member
Sep 1, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/09/2014
Med's Done....
26/07/2014
Passport Req..
17/11/2014
SchnookoLoly said:
Awesome, glad it arrived! What's your closest big city, so we can fill that in on your line on the spreadsheet? :)

Dude, you are talking to the numbers geek, haha! I got so excited when I worked out how to do the cover sheet that's on the spreadsheet now, I spent ages thinking "it would be useful to know what the average is for the most recent approvals, not just the split by year"... I tried a few times to work out how to merge all the data but failed... last week I tried again and found a new function that involved custom scripts (!) but managed to get it to work and now the spreadsheet has way more nerdiness!

But like you, I have not found much difference between CL and M applications, they seem to take about the same - in fact, CL maybe goes marginally faster, because you simply have to provide way more proof of your legitimate relationship as compared to married apps. But on the other hand, it tends to be the CL people who are more often asked for additional proof, usually additional proof of cohabitation, so that could slow it down. Hard to say!

Living inside or outside of Canada I also don't believe has much bearing on things, but that was part of the logic behind adding the location column from 2014, so we can have a look to see if that has much effect. So if you're reading this and we don't have your location, let us know what it is so it can be added! :D
Great, thanks all. Just waiting on a letter of employment from her employer and her option c printout and off he application goes

Sammyjolpp

Apr 7, 2014
SchnookoLoly said:

Closest big city is Peterborough

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
SchnookoLoly said:

Oh I love the spreadsheet!! And I love working out how to add in complex formulas to try and reveal any hidden patterns

Whenever I see more graphs and columns added to the sheet - I'm like YES let the analysing begin HAHA

CanadianInUK

Star Member
Feb 6, 2014
BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
File Transfer...
21-08-2014
Med's Done....
12-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20/05/2015
LANDED..........
24/05/2015
SchnookoLoly said:
We are currently in London destined for BC! :)

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Sammyjolpp said:
Closest big city is Peterborough
Awesome, thanks! :)

Chevy23 said:
Oh I love the spreadsheet!! And I love working out how to add in complex formulas to try and reveal any hidden patterns

Whenever I see more graphs and columns added to the sheet - I'm like YES let the analysing begin HAHA
Haha! I cannot tell you how giddy I got when I got it to work. There's a vmerge function in a custom script (not sure if you can see it if you aren't an editor, though) that I found from a google group posting, then two "holding" sheets that are hidden that sorts and organises the data so that the cover sheet can draw from it accurately. I found a few other functions that had potential to work, like Query and Index, but they both broke when a new line was added to the spreadsheet, so that made it a bit tougher to work out how to do it. So there was some definite excitement.

If you can think of some other stats that would be good to add, then drop me a PM and I'll look into possibly adding it, depending on complexity! (Though I'm on hols for the next two weeks from tomorrow, so won't be happening until I get back! And I just found out yesterday someone on my team at work is quitting, and it's likely all his crap is going to get dumped on me when I come back, which I am DREADING... but I digress....)

CanadianInUK said:
We are currently in London destined for BC! :)
Awesome, so I'll put you as London now, and if you move before COPR then we'll update then! :)

CanadianInUK

Star Member
Feb 6, 2014
BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
File Transfer...
21-08-2014
Med's Done....
12-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20/05/2015
LANDED..........
24/05/2015
For anyone interested - I had been trying to log on to check application status and never could. We just received sponsorship approval and so now I have my UCI number and I can now log on to check status!

Finally it all feels real!

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
SchnookoLoly said:
Awesome, thanks! :)

Haha! I cannot tell you how giddy I got when I got it to work. There's a vmerge function in a custom script (not sure if you can see it if you aren't an editor, though) that I found from a google group posting, then two "holding" sheets that are hidden that sorts and organises the data so that the cover sheet can draw from it accurately. I found a few other functions that had potential to work, like Query and Index, but they both broke when a new line was added to the spreadsheet, so that made it a bit tougher to work out how to do it. So there was some definite excitement.

If you can think of some other stats that would be good to add, then drop me a PM and I'll look into possibly adding it, depending on complexity! (Though I'm on hols for the next two weeks from tomorrow, so won't be happening until I get back! And I just found out yesterday someone on my team at work is quitting, and it's likely all his crap is going to get dumped on me when I come back, which I am DREADING... but I digress....)

Awesome, so I'll put you as London now, and if you move before COPR then we'll update then! :)
Ah interesting I thought perhaps you had the information stored somewhere else and were gathering it from there as I've had issues with Query before as well, Similar kind of thing... adding a new line and I would have to redo a new query each time

Depends on the complexity of the sheet I suppose... anyway great job! and I'll definitely let you know if I have any input at all for the spreadsheet :) thanks

I assume your in IT or some kind of finance position btw

Oh and enjoy your holiday!!

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
CanadianInUK said:
For anyone interested - I had been trying to log on to check application status and never could. We just received sponsorship approval and so now I have my UCI number and I can now log on to check status!

Finally it all feels real!
I know how you feel - each little step is so exciting!

If you haven't got 'Medical results received' yet showing... that will be your next burst of excitement

That appeared for me about a week after SA and I was like OMG I now have 2 steps on ECAS haha

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Chevy23 said:
Ah interesting I thought perhaps you had the information stored somewhere else and were gathering it from there as I've had issues with Query before as well, Similar kind of thing... adding a new line and I would have to redo a new query each time

Depends on the complexity of the sheet I suppose... anyway great job! and I'll definitely let you know if I have any input at all for the spreadsheet :) thanks

I assume your in IT or some kind of finance position btw

Oh and enjoy your holiday!!
Just a quick response and hopefully not sending the thread too far off-topic... sort of IT. Not quite the IT department but usually similar departments, currently in "Business Support", which is basically "the nerdy people who make us reports and do analytics and dashboards but who aren't the IT helpdesk". So yeah, Excel, SQL, VBA - sign me up. Actual IT stuff like programming, active directory, etc... basic knowledge only. :) Not a programmer, just a computer nerd with numbers and spreadsheets and dashboards and graphs. :p

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
Quick question

In the Information Guide IMM3901 at the end there is 2 pages for you to list your travel. Nowhere in the main document checklist does it refer to this, so should I just stick it in at the end of the forms?

P.S. I am a Software Developer!

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
andrew-brit said:
Quick question

In the Information Guide IMM3901 at the end there is 2 pages for you to list your travel. Nowhere in the main document checklist does it refer to this, so should I just stick it in at the end of the forms?

P.S. I am a Software Developer!

If I remember correctly that list is for Paris VO applicants only

Have another read it should specify that on the guide, if not I may be talking about something else
I'm on a different PC at the moment so can't check my application for you

PF

Star Member
Sep 1, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/09/2014
Med's Done....
26/07/2014
Passport Req..
17/11/2014
Chevy23 said:
If I remember correctly that list is for Paris VO applicants only

Have another read it should specify that on the guide, if not I may be talking about something else
I'm on a different PC at the moment so can't check my application for you
Andrew,

It is for Paris only. I explained my travel on amy extra sheet for Background declaration