+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
Thanks Chevy, you are right. So many forms...!

PF, is that recommended practice?

PF

Star Member
Sep 1, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/09/2014
Med's Done....
26/07/2014
Passport Req..
17/11/2014
andrew-brit said:

That was the advice that I received. I agreed with it as I would like to be more proactive than reactive

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
andrew-brit said:

I also agree, include any travel from the age of 18 and onwards.

Jun 5, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
AOR Received.
02-09-2014
Med's Done....
04-06-2014
Hi lads and ladies, wondering if anyone could provide any insight into possible delays at the sponsorship approval stage of the application.

Our application was received June 9th, but we still do not have SA. We have been waiting for 70 days so far. Both the sponsor and the applicant have client ID numbers, and says our file was received on June 9th, and our medical results have been received.

We have called the call centre a few times and all we have been told by CIC is that they are processing the application, and that they are waiting for background checks. Is there additional checks that CIC perform during Sponsorship Approval that we weren't aware of? We have submitted all background checks for countries resided in for more than 6 months. Has anyone heard any of similar cases during Sponsorship?

Is there anything else we can do to speed up the process or to get more information? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
nonothavingfun said:
Hi lads and ladies, wondering if anyone could provide any insight into possible delays at the sponsorship approval stage of the application.

Our application was received June 9th, but we still do not have SA. We have been waiting for 70 days so far. Both the sponsor and the applicant have client ID numbers, and says our file was received on June 9th, and our medical results have been received.

We have called the call centre a few times and all we have been told by CIC is that they are processing the application, and that they are waiting for background checks. Is there additional checks that CIC perform during Sponsorship Approval that we weren't aware of? We have submitted all background checks for countries resided in for more than 6 months. Has anyone heard any of similar cases during Sponsorship?

Is there anything else we can do to speed up the process or to get more information? Any help is greatly appreciated.
We had a big delay at the SA stage when we applied the wait time was 28 days and ended up waiting 95 days for SA

From our notes we gathered that it was because we put a mailing address of Quebec but a residential address in Alberta, it seems from the notes that they did more checks to decide if we needed to apply for CSQ or not

I've also heard from others that sometimes the delay can come from more thorough checks on welfare

Unfortunately there's not really anything you can do about it , have a look at the spreadsheet to see roughly how long others took.. I don't think yours is to much delayed compared to others

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
nonothavingfun said:

Hi

Police certificates are not the same thing as background checks. You submitted police certificates for the applicant, which won't really be looked at until the app goes to London.

At this point, the background checks they are performing are for the sponsor; they include checking his/her criminal record, any welfare history, finances (bankruptcy, outstanding child support, previous sponsorship default etc.). Basically, they are checking for anything that could make the person ineligible to sponsor.

There is no way to speed up the process but you can ask your MP to inquire on your behalf. They are sometimes able to get a more detailed answer.

Scotmoose

Star Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-June-2014
File Transfer...
21-August-2014
Med's Done....
08-May-2014
Interview........
N\A
Passport Req..
N\A
VISA ISSUED...
In process as of 23 Jul 2015. COPR received 22 Sep 2015
LANDED..........
?
Hi, can I be added to the speadsheet?
Application received in Mississauga - 27-June-2014
Married
Sponsor approval - 21-august-2014
City - Glasgow, Scotland

Thank you :)

ghunter

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
16-05-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2013; re-issued 16-12-2013
LANDED..........
08-01-2014
Scotmoose said:
Hi, can I be added to the speadsheet?
Application received in Mississauga - 27-June-2014
Married
Sponsor approval - 21-august-2014
City - Glasgow, Scotland

Thank you :)
Added, and welcome!

Scotmoose

Star Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-June-2014
File Transfer...
21-August-2014
Med's Done....
08-May-2014
Interview........
N\A
Passport Req..
N\A
VISA ISSUED...
In process as of 23 Jul 2015. COPR received 22 Sep 2015
LANDED..........
?

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
In the spreadsheet I notice that some people have reported the CIC/visa office has requested documents such as medical or police check.

It was my understanding that these be sent with the application so I am wondering if this is because they have expired, or do some people send the sponsorship application without these, planning to send them in later?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
andrew-brit said:
do some people send the sponsorship application without these, planning to send them in later?
yes, some people are waiting for them to be requested before sending them.

GWN86

Jun 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2013
Med's Done....
17-11-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet available
LANDED..........
Not yet available
andrew-brit said:
In the spreadsheet I notice that some people have reported the CIC/visa office has requested documents such as medical or police check.

It was my understanding that these be sent with the application so I am wondering if this is because they have expired, or do some people send the sponsorship application without these, planning to send them in later?
It is also required if you've had previous residence visas for other countries even in relation to work. If you don't inform them or there is a mistake at either end such as a residence visa being issued for work not to live and they think it was for you to live in a country, it'll pop up later. It happened with us when my husband was issued a residence visa for Dubai in order to access an oil rig in international waters off of Dubai. Canada mistakenly thought he had lived properly in Dubai rather than only commuted to and from via Dubai. We had to write a letter stating just that and why it would be very hard to obtain a police check (holy festivals, no consulate or embassy of Dubai in Cyprus).

crdadams

Aug 20, 2014
Edinbugh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
Doc's Request.
28-10-2014
KarlR said:
Hey all!

We received our SA today!

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuut...our file has been sent to Ottawa instead of London...guess I'll have to be removed from the spreadsheet :(

Thanks of your help everyone and beat of luck with your applications!!

-Karl
Hey Karl, I just realised that mine too has been sent to Ottawa. You said you emailed them, have you heard a reason for this yet? I have no idea why it would be sent there, I am a Canadian living in Scotland sponsoring my Scottish partner. I am a little freaked out by this, as I really do not want any delays in the process. My work visa for the UK ends the end of February and I would like my partner to come back to Canada at the same time as me.

KarlR

Star Member
Oct 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
crdadams said:
Hey Karl, I just realised that mine too has been sent to Ottawa. You said you emailed them, have you heard a reason for this yet? I have no idea why it would be sent there, I am a Canadian living in Scotland sponsoring my Scottish partner. I am a little freaked out by this, as I really do not want any delays in the process. My work visa for the UK ends the end of February and I would like my partner to come back to Canada at the same time as me.

Hey there!
That's kinda a relief for us to hear!means its a lot less likely to be a mistake if there's two of us that have been sent there.
We emailed them last week and are still waiting for a reply,so I will let you guys know soon as we hear back.

I've asked on here and was told it could either be a mistake,or they have been sent there to help with workflow (maybe London's busy at the moment?).
After looking at recent Ottawa processing times on the spreadsheet,it's really not that long of a wait,so let's both just pray that our applications wernt sent there by accident and will be processed there a lot faster!

Glad to hear there's two of us though!means its a lot more likely there been sent there on purpose!

Thanks for letting us know!stay in touch :)

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
KarlR said:
Hey there!
That's kinda a relief for us to hear!means its a lot less likely to be a mistake if there's two of us that have been sent there.
We emailed them last week and are still waiting for a reply,so I will let you guys know soon as we hear back.

I've asked on here and was told it could either be a mistake,or they have been sent there to help with workflow (maybe London's busy at the moment?).
After looking at recent Ottawa processing times on the spreadsheet,it's really not that long of a wait,so let's both just pray that our applications wernt sent there by accident and will be processed there a lot faster!

Glad to hear there's two of us though!means its a lot more likely there been sent there on purpose!

Thanks for letting us know!stay in touch :)
Make that three we just SA today and our application has also been sent to Ottawa I noticed that on the email address provided the word 'pilot' is included so I wonder whether this is something they are trying to speed things up.

Could we be added to the spreadsheet....

Application received 11th July
Married
Meds done 26/6/14
SA received 22nd August
City: Edinburgh

Thanks!