+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
dannypee said:
Ecas still wont let me on grrrrrrr anyone else?????? :mad:

Plenty of people! :) maybe it's CIC's plot to try and get us off ecas addiction! :) it's just a training for when you get Decision Made and your PR issued, suddenly you won't have to check ecas anymore - so CIC is just giving you an occasion to rehearse the feeling and see what it feels like to not be checking ecas all the time !
Hopefully ecas comes back soon, and good news with it!
Sweden

MJAF

Feb 13, 2013
Thank you for the answer to my original questions about the photos, police checks and medicals. Very helpful

I now have another question.
Will there be any problem with my outland application being made while I am in Canada on a IEC visa?
A friend told me that their friend had difficulties because they were on the IEC program while applying. I do not know if they were applying inland though or what nationality they were.

Again any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Mike

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
MJAF said:
Thank you for the answer to my original questions about the photos, police checks and medicals. Very helpful

Will there be any problem with my outland application being made while I am in Canada on a IEC visa?
A friend told me that their friend had difficulties because they were on the IEC program while applying. I do not know if they were applying inland though or what nationality they were.

Thanks
Mike
Hey Mike,

it's allowed to be in Canada ( on an IEC visa, or as a visitor, or a combination of both if the IEC visa runs out before you get the PR) while applying outland through London - so it won't create a problem. There are plenty of people doing it, and in the inland guide, CIC encourages people that are in Canada to take advantage of the shorter processing time for outland if they wish.
The only possible "issue" is that if you are required to go for an interview, you would have to fly to London. However, interviews for visa-exempt are very rare ( haven't seen one for the last 9 months on the forum :) ) so if you have a straigthtforward application and enough proofs, you should be all good!
So - go ahead!
Sweden

m_and_m

Star Member
Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-01-2013
Med's Done....
08-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2013
LANDED..........
04-06-2013
Hello everyone!
I just wanted to say thank you so much DGT & katelynlc!! :)

Wishing everyone a great day!

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
'In Progress' at London from 10/12/2012
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 28/3/2013. GCMS notes show London forgot about my file until I emailed them in February...
MJAF said:

Thanks
Mike
In addition to Sweden's response, I would echo the fact that many people do this. I am also in Canada on an IEC (my 2nd IEC actually) and applied Outland. It is fairly common. If anything I would think it gives your application more credibility since you've taken the effort to move to Canada, live and work there already. When my gf and I initially moved across here (1.5 years ago) I applied for this as it was the most obvious visa to get (thankfully I didn't apply for Spousal and spend months and months and months and months and months waiting - I am in a good position in that at least I am already in Canada and working thanks to the IEC).

qtazngal

Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 February 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
05 January 2012
Interview........
Waived
Sent the information (explanation) they required registered mail today. Hopefully this is it. (well so far thats the only thing they asked for). :)

sfeire

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued 25-02-2013, DM 01-03-2013, Rec in Canada 07-03-2013
LANDED..........
14-03-2013, PR card rec 01-05-2013
Got an email back from London today (I had also sent one not knowing hubby had)

Good morning,

Your file is currently under review. We will be in contact with any further requirements upon completion of the review of your application.

Regards,
CDD

Hmmmmmmm ;D ;D

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
sfeire said:
Got an email back from London today (I had also sent one not knowing hubby had)

Good morning,

Your file is currently under review. We will be in contact with any further requirements upon completion of the review of your application.

Regards,
CDD

Hmmmmmmm ;D ;D
Before it was awaiting review, now it's under review! :) progress progress....
Sweden

chopsticks

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2012
Doc's Request.
November 2012
File Transfer...
July 17, 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012 (extended until Feb, 2014)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 13, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 21, 2013
LANDED..........
April 2013
Hi everyone,

I have not been active on the forum lately. I guess after a while you just give up cause it is the same old story every day. I am still in this waiting game for about 9 months now.

Not much of an update from me. Back in November we were asked to provide communication evidence and police clearance from 3 different countries. We sent all that in December and in January received an email from the London office that proof of communication was received and 2 out of the 3 police clearance were received. When my husband told them everything was in the same package it is not possible that you received half of the stuff, they decided that 0 out of the 3 police clearance certificates were received. According to our tracking the package was received by the London office back in December. But somehow the police clearance certificates are magically disappearing.

We strongly believe that they have all the stuff and the person replying to the email is not even looking at the package, because our status went ‘in process’ in December as well. However, just to be safe and not cause further delays my husband is sending all the police certificates again.
Hope this time they can locate them!

kaede1977

Star Member
Dec 28, 2011
Dublin Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
27-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-02-2012
chopsticks said:
Hi everyone,

I have not been active on the forum lately. I guess after a while you just give up cause it is the same old story every day. I am still in this waiting game for about 9 months now.

Not much of an update from me. Back in November we were asked to provide communication evidence and police clearance from 3 different countries. We sent all that in December and in January received an email from the London office that proof of communication was received and 2 out of the 3 police clearance were received. When my husband told them everything was in the same package it is not possible that you received half of the stuff, they decided that 0 out of the 3 police clearance certificates were received. According to our tracking the package was received by the London office back in December. But somehow the police clearance certificates are magically disappearing.

We strongly believe that they have all the stuff and the person replying to the email is not even looking at the package, because our status went ‘in process' in December as well. However, just to be safe and not cause further delays my husband is sending all the police certificates again.
Hope this time they can locate them!
I know how you feel chopsticks...were in a very similar situation as well!! We originally applied outland but have since moved to Canada, have been waiting over 10 months now and had to get police checks for 3 different countries. My husband previously lived in Canada before so when I asked on the forum if we needed to get police check from Canada, they said it wouldnt be necessary as they would be doing their own checks! After numerous emails to London VO I got a response saying we would need to send in police checks from Canada. We went to the RCMP office and the lady at the office informed us that a certain form was the one we needed...which ended up being the wrong form:((( since then we have sent in the c216c form with prints but instead of mailing it to the Ottawa office, I just assumed mailing it to the London office...arggh!!! Now they are saying they dont have any police check forms for us....very frustrated

davidmarsden38

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013 (extended)
Passport Req..
Exempt
kaede1977 said:
I know how you feel chopsticks...were in a very similar situation as well!! We originally applied outland but have since moved to Canada, have been waiting over 10 months now and had to get police checks for 3 different countries. My husband previously lived in Canada before so when I asked on the forum if we needed to get police check from Canada, they said it wouldnt be necessary as they would be doing their own checks! After numerous emails to London VO I got a response saying we would need to send in police checks from Canada. We went to the RCMP office and the lady at the office informed us that a certain form was the one we needed...which ended up being the wrong form:((( since then we have sent in the c216c form with prints but instead of mailing it to the Ottawa office, I just assumed mailing it to the London office...arggh!!! Now they are saying they dont have any police check forms for us....very frustrated
Hi there Kaede1977,

Wow. It seems the CIC keep changing the goal posts! I am UK born, and have been here in Canada for a year and a half. I sent an outland application and only sent off police checks for countries that I previously lived in (Florida, California, FBI, Australia and UK). I too was told that a Canadian check was not necessary.

Do you think to be on the safe side I should get this done and forward it to London to put with my application?

Thoughts anyone?

Cheers! David :)

kaede1977

Star Member
Dec 28, 2011
Dublin Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
27-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-02-2012
davidmarsden38 said:
Hi there Kaede1977,

Wow. It seems the CIC keep changing the goal posts! I am UK born, and have been here in Canada for a year and a half. I sent an outland application and only sent off police checks for countries that I previously lived in (Florida, California, FBI, Australia and UK). I too was told that a Canadian check was not necessary.

Do you think to be on the safe side I should get this done and forward it to London to put with my application?

Thoughts anyone?

Cheers! David :)

YES!!! definitely get it even if you read other posts that say its not necessary...save you the hassle of long, anxious, painful waiting times!!!!

davidmarsden38

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013 (extended)
Passport Req..
Exempt
Well, I know what I am doing this afternoon then! Thanks very much! :)

chopsticks

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2012
Doc's Request.
November 2012
File Transfer...
July 17, 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012 (extended until Feb, 2014)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 13, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 21, 2013
LANDED..........
April 2013
kaede1977 said:
ughhh yes it is getting really frustrating now.
to make things harder the London office cant even reply to emails in a proper way. I don't know about you but with us they replied with one sentence 'We don't have any of the docs' that is literally all they said.
getting these police certificates takes so long too, it just keeps making this process longer!
Really hope things work out for the both of us ASAP!