+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

bealily

Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 29,2011
File Transfer...
October 11, 2011
Passport Req..
January 9, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
February 15, 2012
Rscmoore said:
Just a quick couple of questions. Firstly, we got confirmation from the postal tracking that the application had reached its destination. Is it at this point that the e-cas should say application received or does is it supposed to say that once they actually starting looking at it. Am a bit worried and confused. We sent the app Aug22 and was confirmed it reached its destination the 26th. I know our time is coming soon. Just wondering if I've mucked up or something!

Also, has anyone out their applied for their kids Canadian citizenship? If so, how long did they take to come back? London forwarded them on a week after the application was received and I know quite a few people got them back quite quickly.

Thanks guys.
We sent ours in last year, and it took us few months to get it back.

Tawcan

Star Member
Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-6-2011
AOR Received.
28-7-2011
Passport Req..
14-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
07-12-2011
MDSB said:
I sent it on the 13th Oct... spent a week running around beforehand trying to get more photos done (why do they need so many!!)
Ah cool we sent it out on Oct 14th and they received it on Oct 17th. Hopefully we'll hear something next week. :)

alasken

Star Member
Feb 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Passport Req..
19-10-2011
LANDED..........
15-11-2011
Eswiz said:
Lots of good news today! That's cheered me up no end. 8)

MDSB have been on a similar timeline, so hopefully my passports will be back any day now. They have a to come all the way to Vancouver though, so it will take a little longer than being posted back to Scotland.

:)
Lucky you for being in Vancouver! I have been fortunate enough to travel a lot in Canada in the time I have been here: Toronto, London, Windsor (puke), Halifax, Montreal, Quebec city, Ottawa, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Calgary are the big cities I've visited and Vancouver and the surrounding areas are easily my favorites (well, except for banff national park!). It's just too bad its on the wrong side of the country in relation to travel time and time difference for my family back home!

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
Rscmoore said:
Just a quick couple of questions. Firstly, we got confirmation from the postal tracking that the application had reached its destination. Is it at this point that the e-cas should say application received or does is it supposed to say that once they actually starting looking at it. Am a bit worried and confused. We sent the app Aug22 and was confirmed it reached its destination the 26th. I know our time is coming soon. Just wondering if I've mucked up or something!

Also, has anyone out their applied for their kids Canadian citizenship? If so, how long did they take to come back? London forwarded them on a week after the application was received and I know quite a few people got them back quite quickly.

Thanks guys.
I applied for my daughter's citizenship right after she was born, took about 6 months to get her citizenship card.

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
alasken said:
Lucky you for being in Vancouver! I have been fortunate enough to travel a lot in Canada in the time I have been here: Toronto, London, Windsor (puke), Halifax, Montreal, Quebec city, Ottawa, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Calgary are the big cities I've visited and Vancouver and the surrounding areas are easily my favorites (well, except for banff national park!). It's just too bad its on the wrong side of the country in relation to travel time and time difference for my family back home!
woohooo I am moving to Van!

TGR

Star Member
Jun 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-08-2011
Med's Done....
21-05-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Oct 17th 2011
LANDED..........
Estimated Feb 2012
MDSB said:
Just wanted to let you all know that I received my passport back, via Royal Mail "signed for", with Visa! Visa was issued on 31st October - so the good news is, for anyone posting their passport, it only took 2 and half weeks for mine to be returned! :D

Good luck everyone!
Good stuff MDSB- such a quick turnaround time too!

JenB

Star Member
Oct 15, 2010
Whistler!
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4th 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 17th 2011
Passport Req..
October 27th 2011
Daisies said:
I love Van, beautiful city! You'll love living there! :)

Eswiz

Star Member
May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2011
AOR Received.
07-08-2011
File Transfer...
19-07-2011
Med's Done....
27-04-2011
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-11
LANDED..........
10-11-11
Daisies said:
It's lovely here, you will absolutely love it. I don't miss England at all. 8)

Y

yameen

I have question if anyone knows the answer.
If i sponsor my mother to Canada as a tourist would that have any impact on my sponsering my husband for permanent residence.My sponsership part is approved but im wondering if there would be any problem in sending my mother a sponsor letter for her tousirt visa.

nessa O199

Sep 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2011
File Transfer...
29-11-2011
Med's Done....
07-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01/Feb/2012
VISA ISSUED...
28/Feb/2012
LANDED..........
sometime april.. :)
Hello everybody, my husband and I sent our application the 8 of Sept....and it seems it arrived in Canada the 20th :(... but the tracking still says... " item processed at postal facility/ Mississauga -21 Sept" - this is for Canada Post-
and Royal mail says : "has arrived in TORONTO CANADA and is being processed for delivery."
hasn't change at all!
so.............. we decided to assumed that being in Mississauga already is enough to be a little more relief, However we haven't heard anything and it seems so eternal. :(

No body else sent applications in September?? :)

AnnaMcG

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So am I right in thinking that about a month after the application has been received, the cic webpage "check application status" should say in process or similar? I am only using my receipt number to check it at the moment, and obviously theres nothing yet (received 24th oct) but once they start processing it should come up right?

Louise86

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2011
AOR Received.
15-12-11
File Transfer...
13-01-12
Med's Done....
12/10/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-03-12 (Decision Made)
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-12 (COPR arrived in post)
LANDED..........
Landing on 28/05/2012
I've
AnnaMcG said:
So am I right in thinking that about a month after the application has been received, the cic webpage "check application status" should say in process or similar? I am only using my receipt number to check it at the moment, and obviously theres nothing yet (received 24th oct) but once they start processing it should come up right?

I've been checking already too, wishful thinking on our part I think, right? :D

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
AnnaMcG said:

Yes, once they start processing, it will show up on ecas. However you're probably looking at more like 2 months than one. The processing at stage one does not take very long, a day or 2 usually. The update will probably go staight to decision made.
Alot of patience is required!! And I know how hard it is :(

AnnaMcG

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pinklady said:
Yes, once they start processing, it will show up on ecas. However you're probably looking at more like 2 months than one. The processing at stage one does not take very long, a day or 2 usually. The update will probably go staight to decision made.
Alot of patience is required!! And I know how hard it is :(
Oh I see, so we only get "in process" for the person being sponsored? So we wont get anything happening on the website whilst its in Canada doing the sponsor bit....

*click* a light goes on in the vacant space upstairs....thats why you said about 2 months before hearing anything lol okay...

thanks once more pinklady :) you're so helpful even in the mundane waiting stage!