Med's Done....
11 Apr 2011 [b]Ecas shows received [/b]5 Mar 2012
Passport Req..
7 Mar 2012 [b]Decision Made[/b]: 1 Apr 2012
VISA ISSUED...
29 Mar 2012 [b] CORP Received[/b]: 19 Apr 2012
LANDED..........
Sumas: 25 April 2012 / [b]PR Cards Received[/b]: 4 July 2012
210045803, not going to happen. CIC won't speed anything up as a favor to anyone, except maybe in the cases of people fleeing war zones.

Star Member
Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 3, 2011
AOR Received.
March 9, 2011
Passport Req..
24-05-2013
awor said:
210045803, not going to happen. CIC won't speed anything up as a favor to anyone, except maybe in the cases of people fleeing war zones.
I just tried googling it...someone wrote

"Another way to expedite the process is thru an Arranged Employment Opinion (AEO).

An AEO is a Human Resource and Skills Development Council (HRSDC) approved permanent job offer by a Canadian employer to a foreign skilled worker. This will help a worker gain permanent residency in Canada. It is different from a Labor Market Opinion, which is necessary in applying for a work permit.

According to the Canadian High Commission in London, the approval of a job offer by HRSDC is an indication that a foreign worker is required to address a skill or labour shortage in Canada. Permanent residence applications from those with approved permanent job offers can therefore be considered and processed more quickly than if the applicants do not have job offers in Canada.

Based on our experience, an application filed with an AEO is processed within 6 months to 1 year only."

I might have had to include this at the beginning of the application but not sure I guess I'll let them attempt to do their thing!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
.....which puts it at pretty much the same processing time as a Family Class PR application from out of country....or am I missing something?
210045803 said:
Based on our experience, an application filed with an AEO is processed within 6 months to 1 year only."

awor

Nov 4, 2010
Oregon to Alberta
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> LA
App. Filed.......
26 Aug 2011
AOR Received.
15 Dec 2011
File Transfer...
[b]CPC-M to Buffalo:[/b] 03 Nov 2011 [b]Buffalo to LA:[/b] 19 Jan 2012
Med's Done....
11 Apr 2011 [b]Ecas shows received [/b]5 Mar 2012
Passport Req..
7 Mar 2012 [b]Decision Made[/b]: 1 Apr 2012
VISA ISSUED...
29 Mar 2012 [b] CORP Received[/b]: 19 Apr 2012
LANDED..........
Sumas: 25 April 2012 / [b]PR Cards Received[/b]: 4 July 2012
I'm pretty sure that's for skilled worker applications, it won't do a thing for family class... if the lawyers want to try, I guess it can't hurt though - it's not you doing the work!

Star Member
Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 3, 2011
AOR Received.
March 9, 2011
Passport Req..
24-05-2013
ddobro2 said:
.....which puts it at pretty much the same processing time as a Family Class PR application from out of country....or am I missing something?
No just that they wrote it is technically faster...since I guess family is listed as 11+1 months....at this point I guess any chance at speeding things up helps...

Star Member
Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 3, 2011
AOR Received.
March 9, 2011
Passport Req..
24-05-2013
awor said:
I'm pretty sure that's for skilled worker applications, it won't do a thing for family class... if the lawyers want to try, I guess it can't hurt though - it's not you doing the work!
Yes...I'll update if I get a response from their efforts...now i wonder though if it will just be a coincidence since I am about that time where I may hear anything any day...then again there is no pattern to buffalo

francohoosier

Star Member
Jun 25, 2011
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2011
AOR Received.
13-07-2011
File Transfer...
10-03-2011
Med's Done....
21-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
4-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
14-10-2011
LANDED..........
12-11-2011
Anyone seen a pattern coming out of NYC or any of the other secondary transfer offices? I haven't heard much about whether people who've been transferred get processed any slower or faster or have anything extra asked of them like an interview, etc.

kayan

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
francohoosier said:
Anyone seen a pattern coming out of NYC or any of the other secondary transfer offices? I haven't heard much about whether people who've been transferred get processed any slower or faster or have anything extra asked of them like an interview, etc.
A request to come for an interview does not depend on which office processes your application, but on whether there is sufficient proof that your relationship with your spouse is genuine. At least for the December group, the people who got transferred to a secondary office have not received PPR yet, so it does not seem to be any faster.

buffalo-toronto

Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BUF
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2011
AOR Received.
August 2011
File Transfer...
01-03-2011
Med's Done....
29-01-2011
Interview........
Waived
No PPRs yet this week, not looking good

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
210045803 said:
"Another way to expedite the process is thru an Arranged Employment Opinion (AEO). An AEO is a Human Resource and Skills Development Council (HRSDC) approved permanent job offer by a Canadian employer to a foreign skilled worker. This will help a worker gain permanent residency in Canada. It is different from a Labor Market Opinion, which is necessary in applying for a work permit.
This quote applies to skilled workers, not family class. Unfortunately, it's different processing, but you might try posting your situation in the temporary worker folder. There may be a option to get a work permit even though your family class PR is still processing.

@JustandDaph. I am surprised your MP said they would look into your app. From your timeline it seems you are well within the current average, and from what I've read in this forum MPs are unlikely to contact cic unless you are well OVER average processing time or you have some other problems, like lost documents, with your app. Good luck, but I think it's likely that they will only hear "in process" from the cic.

I haven't visited this folder in a while. I've been a PR since Nov 2009 and I remember clearly how crazy the waiting game is, especially when we have access to other's processing info. I encourage y'all to try NOT to compare waiting times, because each person's process is unique. Plus, Buffalo is not consistent with providing info on e-cas, and some apps are going to be faster, some slower than others. It just is what it is, and it's not likely to change.

For those of you who haven't been around for the first few pages of this thread, here is my first post on p2.
I'll chime in here to, though I have finished the process. I applied outland via Buffalo in the conjugal partner category. I'm American (South Carolina) and he has dual citizenship- French by birth and naturalized Canadian. We live in Mississauga, where I waited out the process. I'm 45, he's 53. Both married prior, he has one grown child. No criminal history. We applied in early August 2009. I drove to Buffalo to get my COPR after the PPR and landed in early November 2009. It took about one month to approve the sponsorship and about 2 months for the PR processing...just less than 3 months total wait time.

Though I had finished processing by the time this thread started, at the time I was in process there were a lot of people telling me on this forum (and another one which I no longer participate) that I was doomed for refusal because I was American, with no barriers to marriage or common law, applying as conjugal. Boy did that make my extremely short wait excruciating!! I had no hope and no confidence, and I was absolutely sure there was going to be a deportation order when I finally heard from B'lo. And when my PPR came in an email I almost threw away because I didn't recognize the sender's email or the subject line!!

I wish you all speedy processes, no interviews and no lost documents, and 100% approval ratings for everyone processed by B'lo! And I encourage you as much as you can to step away from the ecas tracker and not to fixate too much on who started and finished when.

Two last pieces of advice...
1. Once a PR, be sure you understand your residency obligation (I now spend a lot of time on the forum with people who stayed away from Canada for too long and are at risk of losing status!). You must reside in Canada for 2 of every 5 years (a total of 730 days, does not have to be continuous) and this is a rolling 5 year period. By law they can only assess your residency status in the previous 5 year period.

2. Once you get your COPR, keep it in a safe place!! You need it if you ever want to apply for citizenship and nobody tells you that when you land.

All the best.
Allison

Stumpedmom

Sep 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/03/2011 Receivd CPC-M
AOR Received.
16/06/2011
File Transfer...
06/05/2011 Received in Buffalo, 06/2011 to Los Angeles
Med's Done....
12/10/2010
Interview........
waived...obviously cuz we got the PPR
Passport Req..
16/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
24/8/2011 in our hands 8/29/2011
LANDED..........
3/9/2011
ddbro...yes I did get PPR last week. I got an email response from Buffalo 2 weeks ago that our file had been transferred to Los Angeles, meanwhile they had responded to 2 inquiries in June and July. We also found out through my MP that it was transferred sometime in June and the PPR was originally sent on June 30th. I was lucky enough that my MP did look into it for me, because they only give you 60 days to submit the passport. If we didn't have him look into it, we likely would have had to redo everything and pay all the fees over again...that's what scared me the most...we got all the communication from the MP to Los Angeles after the 2nd PPR request....you would think that they would send something by snail mail as back up in case the email addresses change....that's why we sent a more reliable email address to Buffalo along with the mailing adress change...

No wonder it didn't get updated...the file was in LA and had already been approved....I hope all of you the best...keeping my fingers crossed and checking in still

Landon10000

Jun 20, 2011
Any of you guys (family class: spouse) applying or applied to Buffalo but you were already living in Canada on a visitor visa status?

Is there any issues that comes up from doing so? (like which residential address to apply under - Canada or US)

I'm planning on applying to Buffalo. I am already in Canada.

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
Landon10000 said:
Any of you guys (family class: spouse) applying or applied to Buffalo but you were already living in Canada on a visitor visa status?

Is there any issues that comes up from doing so? (like which residential address to apply under - Canada or US)

I'm planning on applying to Buffalo. I am already in Canada.
I replied in your other thread.

JustandDaph

Star Member
Jan 20, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2011
AOR Received.
20-04-2011
Med's Done....
10-02-2011
AllisonVSC said:
This quote applies to skilled workers, not family class. Unfortunately, it's different processing, but you might try posting your situation in the temporary worker folder. There may be a option to get a work permit even though your family class PR is still processing.

@ JustandDaph. I am surprised your MP said they would look into your app. From your timeline it seems you are well within the current average, and from what I've read in this forum MPs are unlikely to contact cic unless you are well OVER average processing time or you have some other problems, like lost documents, with your app. Good luck, but I think it's likely that they will only hear "in process" from the cic.

I haven't visited this folder in a while. I've been a PR since Nov 2009 and I remember clearly how crazy the waiting game is, especially when we have access to other's processing info. I encourage y'all to try NOT to compare waiting times, because each person's process is unique. Plus, Buffalo is not consistent with providing info on e-cas, and some apps are going to be faster, some slower than others. It just is what it is, and it's not likely to change.

For those of you who haven't been around for the first few pages of this thread, here is my first post on p2.
I'll chime in here to, though I have finished the process. I applied outland via Buffalo in the conjugal partner category. I'm American (South Carolina) and he has dual citizenship- French by birth and naturalized Canadian. We live in Mississauga, where I waited out the process. I'm 45, he's 53. Both married prior, he has one grown child. No criminal history. We applied in early August 2009. I drove to Buffalo to get my COPR after the PPR and landed in early November 2009. It took about one month to approve the sponsorship and about 2 months for the PR processing...just less than 3 months total wait time.

Though I had finished processing by the time this thread started, at the time I was in process there were a lot of people telling me on this forum (and another one which I no longer participate) that I was doomed for refusal because I was American, with no barriers to marriage or common law, applying as conjugal. Boy did that make my extremely short wait excruciating!! I had no hope and no confidence, and I was absolutely sure there was going to be a deportation order when I finally heard from B'lo. And when my PPR came in an email I almost threw away because I didn't recognize the sender's email or the subject line!!

I wish you all speedy processes, no interviews and no lost documents, and 100% approval ratings for everyone processed by B'lo! And I encourage you as much as you can to step away from the ecas tracker and not to fixate too much on who started and finished when.

Two last pieces of advice...
1. Once a PR, be sure you understand your residency obligation (I now spend a lot of time on the forum with people who stayed away from Canada for too long and are at risk of losing status!). You must reside in Canada for 2 of every 5 years (a total of 730 days, does not have to be continuous) and this is a rolling 5 year period. By law they can only assess your residency status in the previous 5 year period.

2. Once you get your COPR, keep it in a safe place!! You need it if you ever want to apply for citizenship and nobody tells you that when you land.

All the best.
Allison
The reason I had contacted my MP was because I was worried about the lack of communication/changes on our e-Cas and what had happened to StumpedMom. If I didn't email CIC I wouldn't have known at all that our file had been rec'd in BUF or that it was in process.