Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I didn't get PPR after a particular email (well, technically, I did, but it wasn't from CIC; it was an email from e-CAS tracker saying the same thing that Janyte found out - "decision made."). When I said, "email," I was responding to Janyte's question about whether it came via email or postal mail.
ben_449 said:
You got the PPR after what email?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would have no idea because most people contact Buffalo through either the "general enquiry" email address (what we refer to as the "f*ck off department"), or the non-published email address that had come to their attention through being sent something by Buffalo or it being cited in this thread.

Most people do not use the case-specific online form because it specifically says that you may only use it if, "Your application has exceeded normal processing times. We will not respond to your enquiry if the application is within normal processing times." Seeing as you applied to CPC-M in late September, you are definitely well within normal processing times.
doghouse said:
So.. I decided to email Buffalo 3 days ago through their case-specific inquiry website since I have not yet received an AOR. I also wanted to tell them that my middle name is spelled wrong in both the sponsor approval letter and ECAS. Today, I got a reply saying: "Thank you for your enquiry. Your message has been forwarded to the processing team."

I understand that people usually get something along the line of "no further action is needed at this time...." Well, I didn't get that, only the short message I posted above. Is this a good sign that they would actually respond to me, or am I just getting antsy and reading too much into this??

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No need to worry about your address disappearing as I've heard countless people post about the same thing. E-cas glitch or something. Also no need to keep manually checking e-cas. Save yourself a bit of time and just sign up for e-cas tracker. It will email you if there is any change.
Quince777 said:
Mine still says "app received" and "medicals have been received". The only other action that happened was disappearing of my address this morning and I only noticed it because I obsessively check my e-cas every day.

doghouse

Star Member
May 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Sept 2011
Med's Done....
11 July 2011
Passport Req..
9 March 2012
VISA ISSUED...
2 April 2012
Oh.. I emailed them through the case-specific form because I need to inform them about the misspelling of my name. I thought that the reason is legit enough :) And the email response that I got is from re-buffalo-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca. I think that's the same one as the 'general enquiry' right?

What is this the non-published email address?

ddobro2 said:
I would have no idea because most people contact Buffalo through either the "general enquiry" email address (what we refer to as the "f*ck off department"), or the non-published email address that had come to their attention through being sent something by Buffalo or it being cited in this thread.

Most people do not use the case-specific online form because it specifically says that you may only use it if, "Your application has exceeded normal processing times. We will not respond to your enquiry if the application is within normal processing times." Seeing as you applied to CPC-M in late September, you are definitely well within normal processing times.

ben_449

Jan 20, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2011
AOR Received.
17-01-2012
File Transfer...
01-11-2011
Med's Done....
01-08-2011
Passport Req..
fingers X'ed
Hey ddpbro2 where can I find the tracker?
tks

ddobro2 said:
No need to worry about your address disappearing as I've heard countless people post about the same thing. E-cas glitch or something. Also no need to keep manually checking e-cas. Save yourself a bit of time and just sign up for e-cas tracker. It will email you if there is any change.

mumbles

Star Member
Sep 29, 2011
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2011
AOR Received.
06-01-2012
File Transfer...
16-11-2011
Med's Done....
10-05-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-12
LANDED..........
05-05-12
yeah.....how do you find the tracker!?!

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ddobro2 said:
I don't mind manually checking my e-cas because I have all the time that I want and don't want thanks to CIC 8)

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
Here's the link to get the tracker: https://ecas.carroll.org.uk/

ben_449

Jan 20, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2011
AOR Received.
17-01-2012
File Transfer...
01-11-2011
Med's Done....
01-08-2011
Passport Req..
fingers X'ed
Is it reliable ?

Quince777 said:
I don't mind manually checking my e-cas because I have all the time that I want and don't want thanks to CIC 8)

ben_449

Jan 20, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2011
AOR Received.
17-01-2012
File Transfer...
01-11-2011
Med's Done....
01-08-2011
Passport Req..
fingers X'ed
thankyou C :)algary
Calgary-Bound said:
Here's the link to get the tracker: https://ecas.carroll.org.uk/

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
ben_449 said:
thankyou C :)algary
No problem.If your asking if ecas is reliable the answer is no.

Ambber29

Star Member
Jul 28, 2011
Ambber29 said:
Our address is disappearing. Does it mean something good? We applied in August. The file was transferred to Buffalo early November.
Is it too early to expect something?
We paid our fees two to three weeks ago? May be they were updating that we paid landing fee and this is why our address is disappearing?
Please answer. I am just curious

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As I said to Quince, there have been many people reporting that their e-cas stopped showing their address. It's not anything to be concerned about. If you are at all curious about what is happening with your file, you can always order GCMS notes: http://immipedia.ca/Ordering_FOSS_and_CAIPS_notes, although the fact that Buffalo has only had your file since November may mean you won't find much to see there. Yes, I would say that it's too early to expect something. We have had a few people filing in July who have gotten PPR but I don't believe anyone yet from August. The current processing time for Buffalo is 11 months from the day they receive it from CPC-M to finalize for 80% of applicants. Given that it hasn't even been 3 months for you I would be surprised if you got PPR any time soon, but everything's possible. Moreover, RPRF payments take 1-2 months to process assuming you provided a receipt to both offices.
Ambber29 said:
Please answer. I am just curious

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ddobro2 said:
The current processing time for Buffalo is 11 months from the day they receive it from CPC-M to finalize for 80% of applicants. Given that it hasn't even been 3 months for you I would be surprised if you got PPR any time soon, but everything's possible. Moreover, RPRF payments take 1-2 months to process assuming you provided a receipt to both offices.
So when I see under 'app received' that they received my application on September 2, does it mean that Buffalo received it on this day or the day when it got transferred to Bufallo after sponsor approval in November? My impression is that with new IMM 0008 forms they somehow have my information at the consulate before the actual sponsor approval. But again I might be wrong.