11 Apr 2011 [b]Ecas shows received [/b]5 Mar 2012
Passport Req..
7 Mar 2012 [b]Decision Made[/b]: 1 Apr 2012
VISA ISSUED...
29 Mar 2012 [b] CORP Received[/b]: 19 Apr 2012
LANDED..........
Sumas: 25 April 2012 / [b]PR Cards Received[/b]: 4 July 2012
Dear Applicant,

We are pleased to inform you that the processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada has been completed.

Consequently, you are required to submit your passport(s) and photographs within the next sixty (60) days from the date of this letter. As the validity of your visa(s) has been already established and is limited to a fixed date, it CANNOT be extended under any circumstances. We therefore urge you to read and follow carefully the instructions below without delay:

PLEASE NOTE: Failure to provide the required travel document(s) within 60 days from the date of this letter will lead us to conclude that you are no longer interested in immigrating to Canada and your application will be refused based the information that is available in your file. Once the application is refused, you would be able to reapply, but you would be required to submit a new application and pay a new processing fee. The new application would be assessed according to the Canadian Immigration legislations in force at the time that the new application was filed.

Passport requirements

We require an original VALID passport for yourself and every accompanying family member.

Passports for all accompanying family members must be submitted together.
Passports must be valid for at least the next six (6) months, or at least until the date of your intended travel to Canada.
There must be at least one blank page in your passport. If there are children included in your passport, there must be blank pages for their visas as well.
The immigrant visa that is to be placed in your passport will show an expiry date. You may enter Canada anytime before the expiry date shown on the visa; this date cannot be extended. If you fail to enter Canada before this date, you will be required to reapply and submit a new application and processing fee.
Please note: Immigrant visas cannot be placed in Diplomatic, Official or Military passports.

Photographs

We require the following. See Photograph Specifications for instructions.

Ø Two (2) recent photographs of yourself and each accompanying family member.

Ø Height and eye colour for you and each accompanying family member.

You have TWO OPTIONS to choose from regarding the submission of your passports:

OPTION A: Submit your passports in person

Bring Passports in person

Passports can be brought to our office at:

550 South Hope Street, 9th Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90071

Passports may be brought in on Tuesdays or Thursdays between the hours of 8:30 am and 10:30 am. Bring this letter when you come.
Every effort will be made to have your passports ready to be picked up between 2:30 and 3:00 pm the same day.
You or your representative may bring your passports in person. Your representative must have your written authorization and will be required to show photo identification.
For security reasons, the Consulate General of Canada does not allow the entry of recording or transmitting devices in the immigration waiting room or interview areas. This includes all types of cell phones.

For Persons residing in Canada

If you are the principal applicant, you may appear alone.

You must bring the passports for yourself and each accompanying family member. All visas will be issued at the same time.
You can effect your landing upon your re-entry to Canada.
Your accompanying family member(s) can effect their landing by later appearing at a Canadian Port-of-Entry before their visas expire.

Or

You can appear with all accompanying family members and effect all landings at the same time upon your re-entry to Canada.

OPTION B: Submit your passport(s) by mail

The security of your passports is important to us. We strongly encourage you sending your passport(s) to this office by United States Postal Service or by commercial courier service. Please ensure that you enclose a tracking number for your return envelope. This allows you to track the delivery and return of your documents.

Return this letter with your passports to:
Consulate General of Canada in Los Angeles
Immigration Section
550 South Hope Street, 9th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90071
USA

Return of your passports

Sending your passport(s) by POSTAL SERVICE:

o Provide a self-addressed, prepaid (U.S. postage only), flat rate 9” x 12” USPS Express Mail or USPS Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation envelope. Make a note of the tracking number.

o Canada Post’s Xpresspost envelope CANNOT be used as return envelope.

o USPS Express or Priority mail envelopes which do not carry the appropriate postage (metered postage not accepted) will be returned by certified or registered mail.

Sending your passport(s) by COURIER SERVICE:

o Your passport(s) will be returned by courier envelope ONLY when you have pre-paid the courier company for the return service and enclose a completed shipping label.

o We DO NOT accept payment in the form of check or credit card for expedited return by courier or express mail.

In absence of pre-payment of the return freight, we will return your passport(s) by certified mail for USA residents or registered mail for those residing in Canada and other countries via the US Postal Service.

Passports sent to us by mail CANNOT be picked up in person.
Our office is not liable for lost or stolen passports.

(deleted section on informing them if there's a change in family status)

Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Please show height and eye colour for yourself and all accompanying family members below.

Eye colour choices: Blue, Green, Gray, Black, Brown, Hazel or Other.

Name: __________________________________________ Date of Birth: _________________

HEIGHT: ________CM or ______ FEET ______INCHES EYE COLOUR: _______________

Name:___________________________________________ Date of Birth:__________________

HEIGHT: ________CM or ______ FEET ______INCHES EYE COLOUR: ________________

Name:___________________________________________ Date of Birth:__________________

HEIGHT: ________CM or ______ FEET ______INCHES EYE COLOUR: ________________

HEIGHT: ________CM or ______ FEET ______INCHES EYE COLOUR: _______________

HEIGHT: ________CM or ______ FEET ______INCHES EYE COLOUR: _________________

Photograph Specifications

The photograph must:

show a full front view of the person’s head and shoulders showing full face centered in the middle of the photograph;
have a plain white background;

**Photographs must not have staple holes, stamps, creases or tears in them.

The frame size must be 35 mm X 45 mm (1 3/8" X 1 3/4").

The photos must show the full front view of the head, with the face in the middle of the photo, and include the top of the shoulders.

The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31 mm (1 1/4") and 36 mm (1 7/16").

Crown means the top of the head, or (if obscured by hair or a head covering), where the top of the head or skull would be if it could be seen.

Immigration Section / Département d'immigration

550 S. Hope Street, 9th Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90071 • FAX: (213) 625-7154

Email: los-angeles-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca • Website: www.losangeles.gc.ca

cantor2537

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
01-12-2011
File Transfer...
28-10-2011, 15-12-2011 (transferred to LA)
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-03-2012
LANDED..........
08-03-2012
Congrats awor, told you it would be fast

Kiri

Jan 31, 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2012 App. Return....: 30-8-2012 App. Refiled....: 02-01-2013
Doc's Request.
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
23-01-2013 Mississauga 10-05-2013 Ottawa
File Transfer...
19-02-2013
Med's Request
23-07-2013 (New XRay)
Med's Done....
11-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Decision Made 03-09-2013 without PPR
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2013
LANDED..........
04-12-2013
Congrats Awor!!!!

ddobro2 said:
If you read bbiery's previous message, you'll see that he was asked to send in the Declaration of Common Law Union, which needs to be notarized. If you're not in a common law union, you don't need to worry about this.
Yeah, I'm in a common law union. I didn't even catch where I had to notarize that. >.>

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Ambber29 said:
Why was it rejected?
My original application was in the FSW category. There was an issue in the medical examinations (entirely speculative, too, since it doesn't require treatment at the present time, but it might require it in the 10 year window.) I hired great legal counsel, we demonstrated how it wasn't currently an issue and how even if it did become an issue that I had employer provided plans to cover all costs, but the reasons for rejection boiled down to a one line response "these might be paid for by BC and thus applicant is ineligible." But I met someone - before I'd filed FSW in fact - and we were married last May. So I'm trying it again.

Ambber29 said:
Was it through Buffalo?
My initial application started in Sydney, NS (CIO) and then transferred to Buffalo. After 7 months in Buffalo, they transferred it to New York City, who asked for medicals, new FBI and RPRF three months after that. They requested additional information two months after the medicals, and then five months after that sent a "fairness letter", to which we responded in three months (I changed attorneys and had to obtain additional opinions from experts.) They then rejected it the Friday before Christmas (five months later.) The attorney is off requesting judicial review, but that's a low probability course. Someone convinced me I was being stubborn (I don't want my spouse to think I'm using our relationship just to stay in Canada) and so I agreed to initiate the filing for spousal sponsorship. Since the issue in the original rejection was all about potential future costs, there is no reason it should be rejected in the spousal track because that's explicitly NOT a consideration.

Ambber29 said:
We received our interview date. It is on June.19. too far :( Do you guys think we should order notes?
I think you'd be crazy NOT to order the notes. Even if you use a service to order them (~$30) it's money well-spent. It means in a month's time you'll have a much better idea of WHY you've been called for an interview.

kitchloo

Star Member
Apr 18, 2010
Kitchener, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Regarding the GCMS notes. My husband lives with me here in Canada. Do we check off Access to Information Act or Privacy Act? How do I include his consent (do we have to fill out the Use of Representative form?). Should my husband (the applicant) be the requester or should I? Sorry for all the questions, but my brain can no longer function properly. lol

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
If the applicant is in Canada, you simply check the "Privacy Act" box - there is no charge in that case.

Avila

Star Member
May 19, 2011
U.S.A.
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2011
AOR Received.
15-12-2011
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Done....
24-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2012
LANDED..........
May 2012!
I'm sure I have missed a post on this somewhere and I will continue to search for the anwser, but I'll post it here just incase I get a quicker response.
When I "land" I apply for my SIN, right? Does anyone know about how long it is until you get your SIN card? My husband and I are trying to figure out how long it will be before I can start applying for jobs. Responses appreciated :)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Avila said:
I'm sure I have missed a post on this somewhere and I will continue to search for the anwser, but I'll post it here just incase I get a quicker response.
When I "land" I apply for my SIN, right? Does anyone know about how long it is until you get your SIN card? My husband and I are trying to figure out how long it will be before I can start applying for jobs. Responses appreciated :)
Your SIN number is assigned right when you apply at a Service Canada Centre - you get a one page printout with the SIN on it. The card follows in about 10 days. But once you have the number, you can apply for a job immediately.

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
I hope our application gets processed fast! My husband has been living with me in Montreal since January 9th we filed our application through our lawyer's office on March 5th. I just hope we can get a work permit after I have been approved as a sponsor. Him getting a job would help! Has anyone else gone the work permit through sponsorship route?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh, well then it's good that you became aware of this when you did. The statutory declaration asks for a signature from a Commissioner of Oaths, which described anyone belonging to a professional organization, so you would be able to do this with the assistance of someone like a chartered accountant, doctor, dentist, laywer, many legal secretaries, etc.
Kiri said:
Yeah, I'm in a common law union. I didn't even catch where I had to notarize that. >.>

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They are rare (if we're talking about FC files at Buffalo. Buffalo also processes the FSW and provincial nominee program streams). Most would not be on the basis of suspected marriage of convenience but something like inadmissable dependent, inadmissable due to health, or inadmissable for criminality or security reasons. RobsLuv got a refusal (later successfully appealed) for an inadmissable child (no idea why) on the file.
Ambber29 said:
Have you seen any rejections at Buffalo?