July 21st 2010
Passport Req..
July 21st 2010
VISA ISSUED...
July 21st 2010
LANDED..........
July 30th 2010
CeeGee said:
SCsquare--I may have lost track and read it on an earlier post. Why did you have to have an interview? Were you a U.S. citizen filing through Buffalo? Why did it take almost a year for the interview? I can't imagine all the stress you went through. I am so glad that is behind you!!!

I'm sure you've posted all of this, but sometimes I lose track of "who's who".

Congratulations on surviving your long process. Any advice to the rest of us?

CeeGee
We had an interview becuase the IO had a few concerns regarding my case.. like a rejected visitor visa a month before my marraige in which I showed my status as single.. n joint bank account created just before my husband left for canada.. things like that.. basically they were doubting the genuiness of our relationship..

No I am not a US citizen.. I am an Indian citizen working in US for past 2 years on work visa.. it didnt take almost a year for the interview jst 7 months(an year for full processing).. our 1st hungup was at sponsorship approval phase.. where they took almost 3 months to approve.. they said that was because my husband had been jst 2 months in Canada before sponsoring me.. our case started processing in Buffalo in Dec 09 and they decided abt the interview in Feb 10 and informed us abt it in March 10(as per Caips notes).. Also We had prepared according to the concerns of the IO.. that we read in the Caips notes..

We knew we had to take all the documents to proof our genuine relationship.. I had taken all the proofs again mails, chats, phone records, bank statements, tax docs, wedding albumn, other photos, trip taken together etc.. any and everything prooving our genuine relationship.. they had a few of those which we had send originally with the application..
I hadn't wanted to take a chance that I would miss one thing and that would cause a problem... so I took everything (my 2 yrs of life in 25 lbs) :)

S

SaugaBoss

dhdesigns said:
I got a fax back in less than 24hrs from Immigration Medical Office. Handwritten on the bottom of my fax:

"Good day. The results are being forwarded to the Visa office processing the application. Regards. Ana."

Glad on the one hand that they responded so quickly, but a bit miffed that it implies they haven't sent it yet when we got a letter dated June 25 that the results had been requested by Buffalo.
maybe they did receive them and are re sending them for you? But at least you got a respond from the medical office assuring you that this time they will be sent.

Buffalo does request them when they need them

dhdesigns

Star Member
Apr 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SaugaBoss said:
maybe they did receive them and are re sending them for you? But at least you got a respond from the medical office assuring you that this time they will be sent.

Buffalo does request them when they need them
Well, at least its good to know that there is some sort of activity on our case! ;D

jancath410

Aug 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for all the information journeyman!

Another question: we made the mistake of telling the Designated MD to send results to Mississauga instead of BUF as we did not know then where to send it. We thought it was to go to the office where I was sending my application. My husband's medical exam was done on June 4th but Mississuaga rec'd our application on June 24th. Would Mississauga forward it to BUF?

plumosa

May 27, 2010
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/03/2010
AOR Received.
17/06/2010
File Transfer...
10/05/2010
Med's Done....
30/11/2009
Interview........
waived-letter dated 27/07/2010
Passport Req..
20/09/2010
VISA ISSUED...
28/09/2010
LANDED..........
28/09/2010
jancath410 said:
Thank you for all the information journeyman!

Another question: we made the mistake of telling the Designated MD to send results to Mississauga instead of BUF as we did not know then where to send it. We thought it was to go to the office where I was sending my application. My husband's medical exam was done on June 4th but Mississuaga rec'd our application on June 24th. Would Mississauga forward it to BUF?
well actually the medical exams go to Ottawa RMC (regional medical centre) They are requested by Buffalo when needed.

jancath410

Aug 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
plumosa said:
well actually the medical exams go to Ottawa RMC (regional medical centre) They are requested by Buffalo when needed.
Is there a way to find out where the medical results are now? Thank you.

can_usa_97

May 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/13/2010
AOR Received.
09/07/2010 in process 9/2
File Transfer...
08/12/2010
Med's Request
Rcv'd dtd 10/18
Med's Done....
06/22/2010
Interview........
Waived dtd 10/18
Passport Req..
11/04/2010
VISA ISSUED...
11/16/2010
LANDED..........
06/18/2011
jancath410 said:
Is there a way to find out where the medical results are now? Thank you.
From what I've read, the IO makes the choice, not the DMP.
the DMP would let you know if the results were pertinent of say the blood draws and things, to your health.

jancath410

Aug 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
can_usa_97 said:
From what I've read, the IO makes the choice, not the DMP.
the DMP would let you know if the results were pertinent of say the blood draws and things, to your health.
No, not the result but rather where the file is now. I just did not want it to get lost in transit when BUF requests for it.

can_usa_97

May 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/13/2010
AOR Received.
09/07/2010 in process 9/2
File Transfer...
08/12/2010
Med's Request
Rcv'd dtd 10/18
Med's Done....
06/22/2010
Interview........
Waived dtd 10/18
Passport Req..
11/04/2010
VISA ISSUED...
11/16/2010
LANDED..........
06/18/2011
jancath410 said:
No, not the result but rather where the file is now. I just did not want it to get lost in transit when BUF requests for it.
Lol, sorry! I suppose you could contact the DMP and ask them.
I know mine said if I ever had any questions to please call or email.

Godskid

May 31, 2010
Washington state
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2010
Med's Done....
10-01-2010
I wanted to give a super praise report to encourage you. I just got my request for passports Aug 10) and I have a previous marriage(divorced june 09), 3 children and married my wonderful husband 7 months after we met. I prayed to GOD alot asking him to give favor and allow a quick process for the kids to get into school and HE has done it. My sponsership approved April 16th, my process started MAy 24th and I sent my FBI cert early July. Now they are ready to issue our visa's. I GIVE GOD THE GLORY....and I encourage you to pray for yourselves too and see what God will do for you! He is GOOD. ;D

amine01

Star Member
May 19, 2010
well that s goooood news ! congratulationnnn :)

wabba know please when did you send your application ? ( i can see that your sponsorship get a[pprooved april 16th )

thanx and congratulation again :)

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
June 22, 10/August 31, 10 (to NYC)
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
Godskid, that's amazing :D I believe in prayer too...

michaelab

May 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2010
AOR Received.
3-09-2010
File Transfer...
27-07-2010 (to Detroit 15/09/10)
Med's Done....
27-05-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-2010 (arrived 01-11-2010)
LANDED..........
23-12-2010
Godskid said:
I wanted to give a super praise report to encourage you. I just got my request for passports Aug 10) and I have a previous marriage(divorced june 09), 3 children and married my wonderful husband 7 months after we met. I prayed to GOD alot asking him to give favor and allow a quick process for the kids to get into school and HE has done it. My sponsership approved April 16th, my process started MAy 24th and I sent my FBI cert early July. Now they are ready to issue our visa's. I GIVE GOD THE GLORY....and I encourage you to pray for yourselves too and see what God will do for you! He is GOOD. ;D
Nice! your situation is almost like me except for 3 kids (I got 4 plus 1 with my canadian husband). My 4 kids won't be accompanying me but I am so happy to see how quickly you are getting processed! That gives me hopes to many of us!

S

SaugaBoss

Godskid said:
congrats and good luck in canada ;D