Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
My CAIPS notes for my medicals say In progress.But It also says IME-assessed and Discription Excessive Demand Exempt with no identified health conditions no surveillance required.So Is the medicals passed or what I dont understand because It says everything Its suppose to when you have passed but says in progress.Anyone have any ideas?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's similar to what mine say. They're not officially completed until the "Medical" section is changed to "Passed." Even though it appears they've analyzed your results enough to determine that you have no identified condition and are excessive demand exempt as well as exempt from surveillance (aka, having Canada monitor your condition upon arrival), I guess they have not completed everything they need to in their system. Maybe someone else w/ GCMS knowledge can shed some light on that.
Calgary-Bound said:
My CAIPS notes for my medicals say In progress.But It also says IME-assessed and Discription Excessive Demand Exempt with no identified health conditions no surveillance required.So Is the medicals passed or what I dont understand because It says everything Its suppose to when you have passed but says in progress.Anyone have any ideas?

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/index.asp

You can get the forms for your CAIPS notes here.They will show what Is going on with your app. and when things where done.

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
ddobro2 said:
That's similar to what mine say. They're not officially completed until the "Medical" section is changed to "Passed." Even though it appears they've analyzed your results enough to determine that you have no identified condition and are excessive demand exempt as well as exempt from surveillance (aka, having Canada monitor your condition upon arrival), I guess they have not completed everything they need to in their system. Maybe someone else w/ GCMS knowledge can shed some light on that.
My sons say the exact samething but says passed.But hes not moveing to Canada tho.

prophet3

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buf
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 25
AOR Received.
June 29
File Transfer...
July 11
ddobro2 said:
They most certainly have, and I'm one of the "Maybies." The thread is here:

thank you for the link, its a good site but some of the people are from other VOs,....which kind of throws me off when i read the time lines.

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
Hey ddobro2 did your gcms notes say anything about wether you need an interview or not.I didnt see anything on mine about that.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Exactly, there's almost always a monthly thread set up to get people connected with one another, regardless of the fact that they are with different visa offices, and it's pretty useful for the initial stage of the process, which is getting the sponsorship approval from Mississauga. Everyone goes through Mississauga before they move on to their respective visa offices. What inevitable happens is after applications get transferred to VOs, people are more active on VO threads than the month threads because they're more pertinent.
prophet3 said:
thank you for the link, its a good site but some of the people are from other VOs,....which kind of throws me off when i read the time lines.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, they haven't started the Security or Eligibility assessments, and I'm assuming the "Interview" line appears somewhere under Eligibility.
Calgary-Bound said:
Hey ddobro2 did your gcms notes say anything about wether you need an interview or not.I didnt see anything on mine about that.

Ellan

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Calgary-Bound said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/index.asp

You can get the forms for your CAIPS notes here.They will show what Is going on with your app. and when things where done.

Thank you!

amaranth

Oct 31, 2009
Toronto & Buffalo
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
So, Ellan and kayan are in process now... I don't want to be the last Decemberist... Decemberite... Decemberarian...

PLEASE, Buffalo! Show some love for a gal from your fair suburbs! :'(

kayan

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ellan said:
Hi everyone. Our mp contacted the visa office to get an update for our file and this is what he got back..

The applicant's file has been processed by our office and is awaiting a background check and medical results. At this time we do not require any additional information from the applicant. Please note that the background checks can take 12-18 months. If the client does not hear from our office in the next year, she can contact the office for a status update.

That's crazy! What do they mean by one year??!!
Jeeez now I'm really mad!
Our MP rep told us last week that Buffalo just increased their processing times. I haven't seen it being reflected on the CIC website yet, but It could be that this is the new timeline. Regardless, 12-18 months is probably the max it would take, and if you haven't lived in any countries that might be considered "high security risk" or are difficult to obtain information from, I doubt it would take this long.
Although someone here previously mentioned that even if you've lived all your life in the US but in different states, it will take a lot longer to obtain security clearances from the different states. This does not make sense to me at all, but Buffalo works in mysterious (and often highly inefficient) ways.

CandC2009

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/2010
AOR Received.
31/03/2011
File Transfer...
26/01/2011 (Buffalo received)
Med's Done....
10/2010
amaranth said:
So, Ellan and kayan are in process now... I don't want to be the last Decemberist... Decemberite... Decemberarian...

PLEASE, Buffalo! Show some love for a gal from your fair suburbs! :'(
Dont worry I'm here with ya, file is still application received...though apparently its on its way to LA.

buffalo-toronto

Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BUF
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2011
AOR Received.
August 2011
File Transfer...
01-03-2011
Med's Done....
29-01-2011
Interview........
Waived
finally some good news. My ecas changed to In Process on Sept 16th. Medicals have been received. got the email at 1:20am.

clemfamily

Jul 14, 2011
Well, great news here!!!! Got notification that my application is complete and I can now send my passport to Buffalo with two pictures to get it finalized!!! The question I have is once I get my passport back do i have to drive to my nearest border, Calis/St. Stephen, to lack? I am already in Canada with temp. residency. Just wondering if I have to plan a day trip or if I don;t have to worry about it. To those that are still waiting....I know the waiting game sucks and definitly know how you feel when you think there is no help for you, don't worry it may take some time but it is worth it in the long run.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally, a PPR. I couldn't even remember the last one we had. Congrats!

Can you please list your timeline so I can add you to the spreadsheet?

An outland applicant can land at any Canadian port of entry, but if you're asking if you as an outlander can land at a local CIC office in Canada, I believe CIC has just recently allowed that to happen and I'm not sure it's your best bet. That's the main way that inlanders land and you would have to call and make an appointment, which I'm not sure how long will take to get and how far from now will be, given that you'd be in the same line as inlanders.

clemfamily said:
Well, great news here!!!! Got notification that my application is complete and I can now send my passport to Buffalo with two pictures to get it finalized!!! The question I have is once I get my passport back do i have to drive to my nearest border, Calis/St. Stephen, to lack? I am already in Canada with temp. residency. Just wondering if I have to plan a day trip or if I don;t have to worry about it. To those that are still waiting....I know the waiting game sucks and definitly know how you feel when you think there is no help for you, don't worry it may take some time but it is worth it in the long run.