Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
DKA said:
The message I copied in my post was from the e-Cas Tracker on www.cic.gc.ca

It wasn't there yesterday - because believe me I was checking everyday - but now it's there today.
Yeah they are working pretty fast - just how I like it! Now we just have to wait on Buffalo to hurry it up!

Not to worry - as soon as they post their status on CiC's website there is a link where you can update your mailing adress - but I believe this is for the Sponsor.
You can always contact them as well to see if they have the correct address. I believe o their website it states how to forward any changes to them regarding address' and such.

About the photos - I'm pretty sure it's fine - hopefully someone is nice enought to write your name for you. I don't think they will send back your applications just because one photo doesn't have your name on it.
Hi DKA,

Congratulations! I'm looking forward to my notification as well. I believe tomorrow is day 28 or so, so it should literally be any day now.

You said you got it from the tracker on the CIC website? So you didn't use the Matthew's eCas Tracker? I signed up for it, but have also been checking the site manually, you know, in case it doesn't work. I'm filled with anxiety/paranoia/excitement, and I don't even know why.

canadayogini

Star Member
Oct 31, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
AOR Received.
20-12-2010
File Transfer...
09-12-2010
Med's Done....
06-10-2010
Passport Req..
01-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2011
An update on my missing paperwork (that I'm trying to send in proactively before they tell me it's missing).

The driving history report came back clear, which is great and what I expected.
The police check however... the processing department sent my complete application back to me because they said I was missing certified proof of address. Well if they looked at the attachments (and there were only 3, clearly marked, clearly labelled, clearly certified and clearly sent back!), it did include our address! how frustrating!

So I have to send it back with a cover letter and yet another certified copy of another document with my address! arghgh!

Jen85

Oct 23, 2010
Deep Brook, Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Doc's Request.
06-05-11 / Sent RCMP Check in 14-06-11
AOR Received.
09-12-2010
File Transfer...
30-11-2010
Med's Request
Meds Received
Med's Done....
25-10-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-11
LANDED..........
30-09-11
canadayogini said:
An update on my missing paperwork (that I'm trying to send in proactively before they tell me it's missing).

The police check however... the processing department sent my complete application back to me because they said I was missing certified proof of address. Well if they looked at the attachments (and there were only 3, clearly marked, clearly labelled, clearly certified and clearly sent back!), it did include our address! how frustrating!

So I have to send it back with a cover letter and yet another certified copy of another document with my address! arghgh!
You must be so frustrated. At least you have the driving record now but the police check must be a real pain especially when you did everything they asked for. Hope it all works out for you very soon.

shorttalk

Star Member
Dec 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2010
AOR Received.
9th dec 2010
File Transfer...
30-11-2010
congratulations to everyone, looks like the approvals are coming in fast!
Im just keeping my eyes and toes crossed that all our immigration officers want our files off their desks before xmas. I mean would you want to return after xmas to two weeks worth of files plus what was there before xmas. Here our plea CIC lol!!!

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
canadayogini said:

Hi canadayogini,

Can you send it back to them via express mail? You could also mention that you need it by a certain date (e.g. December 20). You might also include a return shipping label, though I'm not sure if they'd use it.

We're all here for you, and am looking forward to your good news!!

vvargas

Sep 22, 2010
Dominican Republic
Category........
Visa Office......
Dominican Republic - Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2010
AOR Received.
20-01-2011
Med's Done....
25-10-2010
OMG congratulations to everyone who has been approved!!!!!!!!!!! :) makes me feel very positive!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

bhupinder78

Oct 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Dehli
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2010
File Transfer...
13-12-2010
Med's Done....
8-11-2010
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2011
Hello there..add me to the list of applicants in Nov..
Application recieved on 17th Nov..No updates on E-CAS and no Letter recieved yet..

Good Luck and Hopefully we should all sail through this successfully..

jma

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov/2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
june 2011
VISA ISSUED...
june,2011
LANDED..........
june,2011
since no body botherd 2 answer my question i will post againhi every body please advice me
i have a job at moment but will end this month
it was contract job
i need 2 have a new job before losing my job and it's very deficult to get a job in toronto
i was thinkng to apply ontario unemployment benefit
will that be any harm 2 my application?
and what do u think about this benefit?
idon't know whether this benefit is a socail assistance or not
advice me before any mess

thanks in advance

Rinnerz

Apr 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2010
AOR Received.
14-12-2010
File Transfer...
09-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
02-08-2011
jma said:
since no body botherd 2 answer my question i will post againhi every body please advice me
it was contract job
i need 2 have a new job before losing my job and it's very deficult to get a job in toronto

thanks in advance
I don't normally peek into this thread but I just read your question, jma. Are you talking about Employment Insurance (E.I.)? If so, E.I. is not considered welfare nor social assistance; it is insurance that you actually pay into with your taxes. So if you indeed mean E.I., you don't need to worry; it won't affect your application at all.

It sounded like you meant E.I., but if you meant something else then I apologize and you'll probably have to wait for someone else to chime in.

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
jma said:
it was contract job

thanks in advance
Nobody 'botherd' to answer your question, as I doubt anyone here knows the answer. You need to post it in the main forum.

As far as I know, you applying for social assistance shouldn't impact your application, being the applicant. The sponsor is ineligible to sponsor if receiving social assistance at the time they are assessed. I don't know if it becomes an issue after the sponsor has been approved or not.

To summarize, post a thread in the main forum, and a veteran user may be able to give you more precise advice. You might also want to try calling CIC and see what they say.

Rinnerz

Apr 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2010
AOR Received.
14-12-2010
File Transfer...
09-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
02-08-2011
Pharoh said:
Nobody 'botherd' to answer your question, as I doubt anyone here knows the answer. You need to post it in the main forum.
I second this. Sometimes people don't reply because they simply do not know and do not want to give bad advice. The main forum would get you more views.

I also didn't know you (jma) were the applicant and not the sponsor, as I don't watch these threads very closely. It... really doesn't seem likely that someone who is only a temporary resident would even be able to qualify for E.I. or welfare, but that's just my own uninformed thinking here. But in any case, follow Pharoh's advice and hopefully someone more knowledgeable will be able to address your concerns :).

jma

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov/2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
june 2011
VISA ISSUED...
june,2011
LANDED..........
june,2011
Rinnerz iam the sponsor a canadian citizan
my hubby is the applicant
i was saying about the E.I
actualy my boss told me 2 apply
idont' want to mess my application and that's why am asking right now to make things secure
by the way thankds 4 ur reply
@ pharoh i did that yesterday only one person{kelkel} replied
i was nt sure what to do so i tried here as u r close 2 me
my fellow november members are close 2 me and i wish u every seccess 2 ur appl

Rinnerz

Apr 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2010
AOR Received.
14-12-2010
File Transfer...
09-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
02-08-2011
jma said:
Rinnerz iam the sponsor a canadian citizan
my hubby is the applicant
i was saying about the E.I
actualy my boss told me 2 apply
idont' want to mess my application and that's why am asking right now to make things secure
by the way thankds 4 ur reply
No problem. Good to know I was right in thinking you're the sponsor and were talking about E.I. :) Go ahead and apply for it; it won't affect your application in the slightest. Good luck!

DKA

Star Member
Jun 12, 2010
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2010
AOR Received.
27-01-2011
File Transfer...
09-12-2010
Med's Done....
07-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2011
LANDED..........
15-03-2011
Pharoh - I did sign up for Matthew's e-Cas Tracker - but up till now I still haven't received anything. I've been checking the e-Cas on CIC's website manually everyday and it's only as I was coming home yesterday the hubby messaged me saying he got approved! Then when I got home I checked CIC's website and it was updated - but still nothing from Matthew's e-Cas Tracker. Man o' man did I literally look like this :D

So hopefully any day now for you Pharoh and for everyone else - good luck!!! Hopefully the IO's do start moving fast to get all of our applications off their desk before Christmas!

jiyamano

May 31, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
LANDED..........
What is Matthew's e-Cas Tracker ???