+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for November 2010 applications

mijo

Oct 24, 2010
Congratulations to everyone who received good news recently.
I'm very happy for you, it means that our wait may be short as yours.
Good luck to all of us

Jen85

Oct 23, 2010
Deep Brook, Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Doc's Request.
06-05-11 / Sent RCMP Check in 14-06-11
AOR Received.
09-12-2010
File Transfer...
30-11-2010
Med's Request
Meds Received
Med's Done....
25-10-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-11
LANDED..........
30-09-11
bumbledbee said:
Still no news for me. Feeling a bit impatient. We've found an amazing house to buy, but can't even think about buying houses until we get some news on the visa. I'm scared someone is going to buy it!!
Hopefully hear something soon! :D
I know the feeling...we have a house picked out too...and can't do anything about it yet. Actually I think it is about the third house we have really liked...first one did sell. Shouldn't be too much longer for you bumbledbee. Things will all work out in the end!

DKA

Star Member
Jun 12, 2010
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2010
AOR Received.
27-01-2011
File Transfer...
09-12-2010
Med's Done....
07-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2011
LANDED..........
15-03-2011
Pharoh - I did sign up for the E-Cas Tracker - I was talking about the updates they make on the CIC website for the Processing times. Hopefully by the this upcoming Tuesday it will be updated and we hear something by the 17th for the latest!

I've seen plenty of houses myself that I like but I just can' make time to go see if in person - I have to wait until I actually plan a trip to Toronto and view the house which sucks because by the time I get a flight the house is off the market!! Why me?!?!?!?

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
Good luck to everyone this week! I'm looking forward to some good news for myself, in addition to those of us who haven't yet received approval from Mississauga! As for those already approved, perhaps we'll get our first AOR! Good times!

We're all one week closer to being with our significant others!

God bless us all.

Edit:

Oh wow you guys, did you see this thread? http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/buffalo-lost-our-paperwork-t59549.0.html I guess Buffalo lost his background check, which took 12 weeks to get, and they're only giving him 90 days to send in the new one. Do you think we should also get replacement background checks and stuff ordered, just in case? I've also been feeling paranoid about the what-ifs, as in what if they request an interview, what if we're denied, etc. ???

Jen85

Oct 23, 2010
Deep Brook, Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Doc's Request.
06-05-11 / Sent RCMP Check in 14-06-11
AOR Received.
09-12-2010
File Transfer...
30-11-2010
Med's Request
Meds Received
Med's Done....
25-10-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-11
LANDED..........
30-09-11
Pharoh...deep breath!! Try not to worry too much or you will drive yourself crazy. Think positive. I think that Buffalo losing things would be the exception rather than the rule. How long does an FBI check last? Is it three months? I personally wouldn't get another one on the off chance they may lose it. Chances are the same thing won't happen to you. You would fly through an interview if you were required to go to one. All we can do is sit tight and wait and see what happens. I know it is hard, especially so when you just want to be with your wife and your life is in limbo. Try to enjoy the Christmas season and keep those positive thoughts going. Just think that this time next year, you WILL be in Canada as a PR ready to celebrate the holiday with your wife. I hope you hear something this week about the sponsorship. That will make you feel a lot better! Good luck!

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
Jen85 said:
Pharoh...deep breath!! Try not to worry too much or you will drive yourself crazy. Think positive. I think that Buffalo losing things would be the exception rather than the rule. How long does an FBI check last? Is it three months? I personally wouldn't get another one on the off chance they may lose it. Chances are the same thing won't happen to you. You would fly through an interview if you were required to go to one. All we can do is sit tight and wait and see what happens. I know it is hard, especially so when you just want to be with your wife and your life is in limbo. Try to enjoy the Christmas season and keep those positive thoughts going. Just think that this time next year, you WILL be in Canada as a PR ready to celebrate the holiday with your wife. I hope you hear something this week about the sponsorship. That will make you feel a lot better! Good luck!
Thanks for lifting me up Jen. We could all use a dose of optimism every now and then! I'm definitely looking forward to Christmas. I'll be flying up next week to be with my spouse. I'm not looking forward to crossing the border (I'll probably get sent to secondary inspection... bleh), but I have tons of documentation with me (from my employer, etc), as well as all the stuff we've submitted. I'm not real worried at this point. I figure the holiday season will go by quickly, and it'll be the first week of January before we even know it. Then it's just a matter of weeks, God-willing.

jiyamano

May 31, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
LANDED..........
Hello,

hows November process is going on? i think November is faster then October files. lol may b because of holidays coming up? i see some of u got DM in very short time.... good going guys :D

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
jiyamano said:
Hello,

hows November process is going on? i think November is faster then October files. lol may b because of holidays coming up? i see some of u got DM in very short time.... good going guys :D
Hello jiyamano,

We've got a few DM's so far, with a couple more each week. No AOR's just yet, though. You have some AOR's in your group, don't you? I think we're about at the same point.

jiyamano

May 31, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
LANDED..........
hello Pharoh,

yeah few of them got AOR very fast in oct. thread......lets see who gets first AOR in Nov. thread

good luck to everyone here

jma

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov/2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
june 2011
VISA ISSUED...
june,2011
LANDED..........
june,2011
hi every body please advice me
i have a job at moment but will end this month
it was contract job
i need 2 have a new job before losing my job and it's very deficult to get a job in toronto
i was thinkng to apply ontario unemployment benefit
will that be any harm 2 my application?
and what do u think about this benefit?
idon't know whether this benefit is a socail assistance or not
advice me before any mess

nirajcife

Jul 25, 2010
Hello Friends,

Here is another Nov. applicant waiting for 2nd AOR in desperation.

Name Office Ap.Sent Ap.Rcv
nirajcife Buffalo 21/10/2010 01/11/2010

Can someone add me to this thread please?

Good luck all!

canadayogini

Star Member
Oct 31, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
AOR Received.
20-12-2010
File Transfer...
09-12-2010
Med's Done....
06-10-2010
Passport Req..
01-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2011
nirajcife said:
Hello Friends,

Here is another Nov. applicant waiting for 2nd AOR in desperation.

Name Office Ap.Sent Ap.Rcv
nirajcife Buffalo 21/10/2010 01/11/2010

Can someone add me to this thread please?

Good luck all!

Welcome nirajcife! I'll update the tables closer to the weekend. Well done in getting your application in. Just wondering what you mean by the 2nd AOR - you mean you've already applied previously? Hope you get it all soon though!

DKA

Star Member
Jun 12, 2010
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2010
AOR Received.
27-01-2011
File Transfer...
09-12-2010
Med's Done....
07-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2011
LANDED..........
15-03-2011
Hey everyone!! Broadcasting....GOOD NEWS!!!

My husband received his letter for approval as a sponsor today - the letter was dated December 9th!! YAY!! Merry Christmas to us!!! Now my application is off to Buffalo! Fingers and Toes crossed!

We received your application to sponsor DKA on November 15, 2010.
We sent you a letter on December 9, 2010 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Pharoh your sponsor should be receiving something this week - hopefully tomorrow!!

Just an update; CIC updated their website today saying as of December 8th they are upto applications rec'd Nov 10th.

Good Luck to the rest who haven't heard anything yet - Happy Holidays!

TreeLover

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2010
Doc's Request.
none requested
AOR Received.
28-01-2010
File Transfer...
14-12-2010
Med's Done....
29-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-2011
LANDED..........
21-04-2011
DKA,

Did you receive the message that you copied into your post via email or the ecas? Our application was received on Nov. 17, just two days after yours and ecas still says nothing. It seems they post that they are working on applications from Nov. 10, but they already processed yours, so they are farther along than they say on the website.

I'm worried about getting the letter, as we moved a week ago. We put our new address in the cover letter for them to use after December 4, so hopefully they will do that. If they use the old one, it's ok too as it's a friend's address. It's just that he doesn't check his mail very often, so I'd have to keep harassing him about it.

I'm also worried because I don't think I wrote my name on the back of one of my photos. That would be so absurd if they sent back my application just for that (I'm the only applicant), but I read that they did that to someone on this forum (although they also were missing a medical document too). I really can't remember if I did it and I'm thinking that I didn't. I just don't want them to send back the application - that would just suck sooo bad, esp if it goes to our old address.

DKA

Star Member
Jun 12, 2010
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2010
AOR Received.
27-01-2011
File Transfer...
09-12-2010
Med's Done....
07-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2011
LANDED..........
15-03-2011
The message I copied in my post was from the e-Cas Tracker on www.cic.gc.ca

It wasn't there yesterday - because believe me I was checking everyday - but now it's there today.
Yeah they are working pretty fast - just how I like it! Now we just have to wait on Buffalo to hurry it up!

Not to worry - as soon as they post their status on CiC's website there is a link where you can update your mailing adress - but I believe this is for the Sponsor.
You can always contact them as well to see if they have the correct address. I believe o their website it states how to forward any changes to them regarding address' and such.

About the photos - I'm pretty sure it's fine - hopefully someone is nice enought to write your name for you. I don't think they will send back your applications just because one photo doesn't have your name on it.