Med's Done....
25-10-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-11
LANDED..........
30-09-11
Canadayogini...first don't panic. I just got my sponsorship letter and it has my client number as well as the address to the London office if I need to send more documents. I would suggest you wait for the decision from Mississauga first. They are supposed to check it for completeness but they may not take that into account. Get the security check you need now so it is ready to go because you should be hearing from CIC-M soon and get your driving record. Then when you get the sponsorship letter, send in your info to Sidney with your client number on it. Anyway, that is what I would do. Obviously if the office tells you something different, do that. But it seems the most logical way forward. Hopefully it shouldn't cause you too many delays if you get it all ready now. Good luck and let us know how it goes!!!

Jen85

Oct 23, 2010
Deep Brook, Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Doc's Request.
06-05-11 / Sent RCMP Check in 14-06-11
AOR Received.
09-12-2010
File Transfer...
30-11-2010
Med's Request
Meds Received
Med's Done....
25-10-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-11
LANDED..........
30-09-11
Sorry, I just reread your post and realised you said it will take a month (plus xmas) to get the documents. I am not sure how fast Sidney processed apps but they may not even look at your file in that month and you could still get the documents to them before they realise that they are missing. You are being proactive not reactive and waiting for them to write to you. It will all work out...don't worry!

Getson

Nov 2, 2010
I just received the letter in the mail. Sponsorship has been approved! One down, one to go. The Buffalo office will handle the rest.

Is there still a chance I missed something and could have the Immigration paperwork sent back to be completed correctly or should everything be kosher and I just have to wait now?

MandiF

Sep 7, 2010
Alberta Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-09-2010
Passport Req..
05-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2011
LANDED..........
25-02-2011
canadayogini said:
oh no! I realise I made a mistake with the police check... I've lived in UK & Australia so had to get the two and submitted both. The UK one didn't require fingerprints... so that one is fine. But the Australian one I also got without fingerprints (I did the name search only)... I somehow didn't see a huge webpage from CIC which gives instructions on how to obtain it with fingerprints and that the name search only wouldn't be accepted. I also didn't realise I have to submit an Australian driving history report! arhghghgh!

Since I'm the applicant I don't think this will affect the sponsorship decision.

I already emailed the CIC in Sydney asking them for what I should do and where I should get this stuff posted now, because I read that the AFP will take 30 days or so (and factor in time for Christmas breaks) to provide the check.

I can't believe I missed it, I think it's going to cost huge delays. :-(
I also have lived in Australia and UK and got the traffic history which was fine because it only took about 4 weeks but the fingerprint report took almost three months to come through and that wasn’t over Christmas period. If you go to this website http://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/police-checks/national-police-checks.aspx#fingerprints it has all the details on what you need to do to obtain the document as well as the pdf to download and send. You MUST also send an Australian dollar check or money order.

The one thing I had problems with is providing enough evidence of your identity as they ask only for Australian Drivers licence etc, but I called them and was told that it was okay to send an abroad equivalent.

I’d get this mailed off as soon as you can and good luck, this was the last thing holding up my whole application.

canadayogini

Star Member
Oct 31, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
AOR Received.
20-12-2010
File Transfer...
09-12-2010
Med's Done....
06-10-2010
Passport Req..
01-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2011
Thanks so much MandiF & Jen85, your words are reassuring.

I got a lot done early this morning. Have arranged already with VicRoads to send the driving history report, they say it should arrive in 10 days. Also went down to the local police station - I guess I'm lucky that I'm still in Australia to do this...I got fingerprints done, paperwork certified and filled out the forms and sent it off, express post.

I'm doing it through the state of Victoria rather than Federal, because I read on the website

"State-issued certificates are acceptable where the certificate is based on a fingerprint and name search of the National Databases."

And the good news is that they say that should take around 10 working days (not 30).... and it's $10 cheaper than the Federal police check. Hey not that money matters right now for this but just a small bonus I guess! Phew!!!

DKA

Star Member
Jun 12, 2010
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2010
AOR Received.
27-01-2011
File Transfer...
09-12-2010
Med's Done....
07-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2011
LANDED..........
15-03-2011
Hey everyone!!

How's it going??? Anyone getting anxious?? I'm getting very impatient!! Just wanted to know for those of us who signed up on Matthew's ECAS or CIC's ECAS - what is the sender email address shown when you get your status replies? And what is the subject - this way I would know what to look out for in case I might send it to Spam or it might already in Spam.

Thanks! Happy thoughts everyone!

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
DKA said:
Hey everyone!!

How's it going??? Anyone getting anxious?? I'm getting very impatient!! Just wanted to know for those of us who signed up on Matthew's ECAS or CIC's ECAS - what is the sender email address shown when you get your status replies? And what is the subject - this way I would know what to look out for in case I might send it to Spam or it might already in Spam.

Thanks! Happy thoughts everyone!
I'd like to know this information as well. DKA, you and I should both be getting our 'Decision Made' emails mid to late next week from the eCas tracker! :)

rbaweja1

Nov 24, 2010
Guys ! I am in fix.My wife sponserd me and my daughter .We got married and then we have a baby here in India,After that she went to Canada with the baby {on TRP} and filed sponsership application.The sponsership application got approved on 30 Sept and then My wife came back to India on 22nd October since she has to submit My daughter's passport also at ND office with mine{since she can't send Indian passport by courier}.However till date there is no such intimation regarding submission of passports.Now my question is since my wife is still here in India,will CIC tomm can raise objection since she is staying here and waiting for process to be over.She also can't go back to Canada without daughter.Anyone who can suggest me what to do?

Jen85

Oct 23, 2010
Deep Brook, Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
09-12-2010
File Transfer...
30-11-2010
Med's Request
Meds Received
Med's Done....
25-10-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-11
LANDED..........
30-09-11
Pharoh and DKA...my ecas update showed as: Sender "e-CAS Tracker" and subject was "e-CAS tracker case now showing". Congratulations Getson. We seem to be getting lots of sponsorship approvals in the November thread now. Those still waiting shouldn't have too much longer to wait! Getson, there is always a chance that something may be missing in our applications. I doubt if they would send the whole package back to you at this stage though. More than likely, if they require further documents, they will send you a letter asking for them. Not much point in worrying about it too much. I just keep telling myself I have done the best I could and I can't change anything now. I just have to wait and see what happens and deal with it if things are missing.

Canadayogini, good job in getting things rolling. 10 days wait isn't too bad at all so you could send them in with your client number and hopefully you won't be delayed at all. Thank goodness you noticed the mistake before they asked you for it as that definitely would have delayed your application.

rbaweja1, if your wife is a Canadian citizen then it shouldn't affect anything with her being in India. But if she is a Permanent Resident of Canada, she needs to be in Canada to sponsor you. Not really sure what to suggest. Try posting a new thread as we are a fairly new thread and not as far down the immigration line as some of the more experienced people in the forum. You may get more suggestions that way.

Good luck everyone! Looking forward to hearing more good news soon!

canadayogini

Star Member
Oct 31, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
AOR Received.
20-12-2010
File Transfer...
09-12-2010
Med's Done....
06-10-2010
Passport Req..
01-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2011
eCas says "Decision Made" and letter sent 6th of December, yay!!! I'll be tackling our local postlady next time I see her!

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
canadayogini said:
eCas says "Decision Made" and letter sent 6th of December, yay!!! I'll be tackling our local postlady next time I see her!
Congrats canadayogini! It sounds like you've been approved! If they would have felt your application was missing stuff (e.g. fingerprints), they would have sent it back to you without making a decision (as they did to another person here, due to incorrect payment). You should be smooth sailing! All you need to do now is get your missing information sent to your local visa office. I'd wait till the beginning of January, though, just in case it takes a while to get from Mississauga to Sydney. You wouldn't want your fingerprints getting there before they have any record of you as an applicant...

Jen85

Oct 23, 2010
Deep Brook, Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
09-12-2010
File Transfer...
30-11-2010
Med's Request
Meds Received
Med's Done....
25-10-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-11
LANDED..........
30-09-11
canadayogini said:
Yeah...good for you! Hope you get your letter soon! Congratulations...I am sure it is good news!

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
Jen85 said:
Pharoh and DKA...my ecas update showed as: Sender "e-CAS Tracker" and subject was "e-CAS tracker case now showing". Congratulations Getson. We seem to be getting lots of sponsorship approvals in the November thread now. Those still waiting shouldn't have too much longer to wait! Getson, there is always a chance that something may be missing in our applications. I doubt if they would send the whole package back to you at this stage though. More than likely, if they require further documents, they will send you a letter asking for them. Not much point in worrying about it too much. I just keep telling myself I have done the best I could and I can't change anything now. I just have to wait and see what happens and deal with it if things are missing.

Canadayogini, good job in getting things rolling. 10 days wait isn't too bad at all so you could send them in with your client number and hopefully you won't be delayed at all. Thank goodness you noticed the mistake before they asked you for it as that definitely would have delayed your application.

rbaweja1, if your wife is a Canadian citizen then it shouldn't affect anything with her being in India. But if she is a Permanent Resident of Canada, she needs to be in Canada to sponsor you. Not really sure what to suggest. Try posting a new thread as we are a fairly new thread and not as far down the immigration line as some of the more experienced people in the forum. You may get more suggestions that way.

Good luck everyone! Looking forward to hearing more good news soon!
Thanks for the info Jen :)

jma

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov/2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
june 2011