Med's Done....
25-10-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-11
LANDED..........
30-09-11
That why I didn't want to use Royal Mail...I would have been panicking waiting those 10 days for it to arrive! I thought the faster it got there, the less chance of it being lost. Although I paid a lot more than £11 but it was worth it for my peace of mind.

I forgot to mention earlier, when I sent my package with Parcel Force, they gave me a tracking number and they gave me a Fedex tracking number. Interestingly, they both said different things. Parcel Force said that the package had arrived at the destination country and Fedex said the package was sitting at Stansted Airport! I tended to trust what Fedex tracker said.

whitehorsejk

Star Member
Nov 23, 2010
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 1st, 2010
AOR Received.
Jan 13th, 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 6th, 2011
Passport Req..
March 1st, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 26th, 2011
LANDED..........
Fall of 2011
Thanks everyone! I appreciate your suggestions. I too am paranoid about it getting lost! So much effort for it to just disappear in the mail system.

:)

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
Welcome aboard all newcomers! And for everyone else, I hope you're enjoying the wait thus far!

I find myself not thinking about it much, just occasionally (maybe once every day or to) wondering when my sponsor will get the letter from Mississauga and or my eCas will come alive. We're hoping for the second/third week of December, judging by September/October threads.

Can you believe some people in September already have PR? A couple even have them from the Buffalo office, which is INCREDIBLE! That means it took a month for Mississauga, a few days to transfer to Buffalo, and then a couple weeks for Buffalo to make a decision! That's insane!

Unfortunately, there's no consistency when it comes to visa offices, other than the 30-day average for Mississauga to approve sponsor apps. Though a few people in the September thread already have PR, that really means nothing to October and November applications.

Oh well.

bumbledbee

Nov 23, 2010
Scotland, soon to be Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2010
AOR Received.
25-01-2011
File Transfer...
10-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
What does PR mean? And AOR? and eCas? Anywhere I can find out?

What happens after the application has been delivered? Do they send us progress updates?

thanks!

Jen85

Oct 23, 2010
Deep Brook, Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Doc's Request.
06-05-11 / Sent RCMP Check in 14-06-11
AOR Received.
09-12-2010
File Transfer...
30-11-2010
Med's Request
Meds Received
Med's Done....
25-10-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-11
LANDED..........
30-09-11
This link might help with understanding all acronyms http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/immigration-acronyms-t3007.0.html
From what I can gather, most people cannot get any updates on eCas until the sponsorship has been approved. You can check your status on eCas at https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en
I cannot get on it yet so just have to sit tight and wait. Frustrating isn't it!!

bumbledbee

Nov 23, 2010
Scotland, soon to be Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2010
AOR Received.
25-01-2011
File Transfer...
10-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
Seriously frustrating. I keep thinking if we'd started our application earlier, we could be there by now!

S

serenifly

Jen85 said:
This link might help with understanding all acronyms http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/immigration-acronyms-t3007.0.html
From what I can gather, most people cannot get any updates on eCas until the sponsorship has been approved. You can check your status on eCas at https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en
I cannot get on it yet so just have to sit tight and wait. Frustrating isn't it!!
I don't see FOSS or AIP on there, do you know what those stand for? I see a lot of those on posted on these boards

LenaMak

Nov 25, 2010
Visa Office......
Vergelville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 - Oct, 2010
Hi everyone!!!

I am new to this forum. I sent my application (to Vergelville)on November 15th, 2010. I would like to asked a couple of questions:

1. How do u check the status? I have not hear anything from CIC jet. Is there a way to check with out your case or file number?

2. Has anyone traveled outside of Canada while their application was processing? I know they don´t recommend it, but I will need to travel next year to Spain for at least 2 weeks. I have a student visa.

Last but not least......how is everybody?!?!?!?!

I have been reading a lot of forums and info about immigration and the more I read the more I worry!!! My husband and I got married not long ago. We meet 3 years ago, now I am here in Canada with out a job, and waiting to see what happens.

Well good luck to everyone!!!!

canadayogini

Star Member
Oct 31, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
AOR Received.
20-12-2010
File Transfer...
09-12-2010
Med's Done....
06-10-2010
Passport Req..
01-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2011
Hi everyone and big welcome to all the newcomers on this board.

Sorry I haven't been checking in as often, it's a battle sometimes with a 17month old and working 2 part time jobs.
I promise I will update the list of status this weekend and I'll put some explanations of the abbreviations with it.

I really hope that immigration see our relationship as genuine, it's my only doubt, because we married to produce a legal document of our relationship for when we moved to Australia. (we didn't have enough evidence of bank statements together etc before that). We've been married now 16 months, have submitted a whole bunch of paperwork but should support our relationship. I was hoping that being a family with a baby should help... but reading elsewhere a baby doesn't "count" in their eyes! Whatever happens, we just want to be together... and we want to move back to Canada, where both my husband and baby are from. But anyway, no time to worry about it, life goes on here right now, just have that little niggling doubt that there will be more questions and more paperwork required.

Gotta go, she's tearing the bookshelf down.

jma

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov/2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
june 2011
VISA ISSUED...
june,2011
LANDED..........
june,2011
hi there
canadayogini i feel for u{that's what they do happy to see that cute baby around u}
we have sme sitauation i hope every one in november thread 2 have his/her spouse within short time
for those who have thier spouse like {canadayogini} best of luck 2 u guys, ur situation is batter than those still a part
i pray all of u
may god accept our wish

blues

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2010
File Transfer...
13-01-2011
I just thought I should update what just happened today! For all you (I know Pharoh is one) who sent applications in November, they are definitely looking at our files!
Lets put a timeline to my status:
Application sent using crappy Canada post (express): november 14
Application received by CPC: november 17 (they stamped on my application with the date too)
Application was sent back to me by CPC: november 19

here is what happened. i was with my hubby back home in bangladesh for the whole summer and some more (i came back around end of september) from what i could gather, sending international bank draft was not a problem. so i made sure i got that thing all right and even made it like that. unfortunately the whole application came back saying id have to pay te fees either online or in a bank in canada. i was initially a bit unsure about the whole recept thing (that they need to be with the application) so im not thaaat surprised but just a bit. in any case what im actually mad about is that they sent out the letter with application on november 19 but it reached me today on november 25. had they used something a bit more quicker, i wouldve sent the package to them earlier.

but theres nothing to be done about that now. ill be paying the fees online tonight and im going to go to the big huge fedex distribution centre which i hope accepts drop offs because i know its opened till late. i just want this to go as fast as it possibly can!

good news is that they are looking at all your papers. so relax as long as u have everything sent in you should be good

Jen85

Oct 23, 2010
Deep Brook, Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Doc's Request.
06-05-11 / Sent RCMP Check in 14-06-11
AOR Received.
09-12-2010
File Transfer...
30-11-2010
Med's Request
Meds Received
Med's Done....
25-10-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-11
LANDED..........
30-09-11
Sorry to hear the problems you have had Blues. I read that you could send an international money order too so I am surprised they wouldn't accept it! Hope you get it sent back right away. It would have been better if they kept all your paperwork and just sent you a letter to explain the problem. I think they probably do check to make sure an application is complete when they receive it but then it waits until it can be processed. At least that tells me that everything should be complete and signed in my app.

Serenifly, Foss (Field Operations Support System) is the computer system that immigration use so when someone asks for their FOSS notes or CAIPS notes(same thing) they want to see what the immigration officer has written about their application.
AIP is just application in progress so it is being worked on. At least that is my understanding.

I am waiting for CIC to update their website so I can see what dates they are now working on! Gotta get to November soon! I have seen people in the October group who sent their apps in Oct 22 and have already received sponsorship approval!!!

whitehorsejk

Star Member
Nov 23, 2010
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 1st, 2010
AOR Received.
Jan 13th, 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 6th, 2011
Passport Req..
March 1st, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 26th, 2011
LANDED..........
Fall of 2011
Hey blues,

I'm surprised they didn't accecpt your bankers draft. That's what we have sent. It says that if you live excusively outside of Canada that you can send an international bankers draft or mony order. We tried to pay online (from the UK) and we couldn't. It basically told us that we could not pay online from here...not too sure why, that was after getting through to a certain stage...and we tried twice. On the CIC website it does say that people applying from overseas could pay on line, but that didn't seem to be an otpion in our case...maybe you can pay online overseas if you have a Canadian bank account?

I've just looked at my sponsors guide and it does say if you live exclusively outside of Canada you can pay by international bankers draft and that it must be able to be cashed through a Canadian financial institution (but if you request for on in Canadian funds then it only makes sense that it should be to a Canadian institution...I have sent money to my bank account in Canada for years and it always had a Canadian bank on it where it could be cashed). It also said that the address of the bank in Canada must be listed on the front of the draft and that the address can not have a PO Box number, also, that it needs to have the Canadian banks transit and/or account number. I'm wondering if some of this information was missing and that maybe the reason it was returned.

I don't know if this information is useful or not, you might have already known all that I have just written about...but keep your chin up and I hope you get it all sorted out soon.

whitehorsejk

Star Member
Nov 23, 2010
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 1st, 2010
AOR Received.
Jan 13th, 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 6th, 2011
Passport Req..
March 1st, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 26th, 2011
LANDED..........
Fall of 2011
Hi All,

Finally sent my application off yesterday! Maybe it will arrive in Canada before the end of November.
Fingers crossed.

mijo

Oct 24, 2010
Hello all November applicants,

I finally sent off my husband's application to Mississauga after several checks. I hope we didn't forget anything.
I sent it by canadapost express and it supposed to be delivered on Monday.
I hope the wait is not going too long for us but I'm not expecting anything soon because of the holidays and such but if i get a positive letter soon it won't hurt.
anyway, i wish us all good luck and a fast processing