AOR Received.
25-01-2011
File Transfer...
29-12-2010
Passport Req..
25-01-2011
the luckiest guy said:
Star1384,

these are al questions you need to ask the carrier. Except for who the package is from I am sure the carrier can answer all these questions and help to put your mind at ease but do it fast in case it is from Canada. Like I said, they give a time limit on replying to them or your file goes back to the bottom of the pile.
hi

So my husband talked to his neigbour and the neighbor mentioned that its EMS does Canada send mail through EMS (express mail service)?

Jen85

Oct 23, 2010
Deep Brook, Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Doc's Request.
06-05-11 / Sent RCMP Check in 14-06-11
AOR Received.
09-12-2010
File Transfer...
30-11-2010
Med's Request
Meds Received
Med's Done....
25-10-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-11
LANDED..........
30-09-11
Wow, Canadayogini...Congratulations on your good news!! May not seem to be the right time at the moment but things always happen for a reason. I would say that since your application is in process, let it continue as you have already paid your fees and gone to all the effort of putting the application together. Most uncomplicated cases seem to go through within a few months so you may just get the visa well before July. You can always try and ask for an extension if it comes later than that. Surely if you explained the situation, they would extend it.

Financially it is another matter. Would you qualify for maternity pay in Australia? I assume in Canada you wouldn't as you need to work for so many weeks before being eligible for maternity pay (unless the laws have changed since I was there) Would you be able to cope with just one income? Does your husband have a job lined up in Canada? Do you have family that will be close by that can help out if necessary? I guess these are things you will need to take into account while making your decision. I still say sit tight and wait to see what (and when) CIC do and then you will have a better idea of what you need to do.

Good luck to you!! Best wishes that everything will all work out for you and your family.

canadayogini

Star Member
Oct 31, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
AOR Received.
20-12-2010
File Transfer...
09-12-2010
Med's Done....
06-10-2010
Passport Req..
01-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2011
Thanks Jen & Pharoh, your words are reassuring!

We will keep on track for now and trust it will work out how it is supposed to.
Financially will be tough for the first year or so, we can survive on one income because we will need to use the savings we've been building up one day for a house deposit can go towards what maternity pay might have provided.

It's a bit of a sting since I would receive the maternity pay in Australia... but that's the way it is. Unfortunately no direct family where we plan to settle but we have time to plan a schedule for family to visit (when we are settled!) and friends will be on hand around the corner.

There's certainly pros and cons to being in either country to birth and raise a little one, but I know it's going to be sooo much easier travelling with baby in the belly than with a passport and 24 hours on at least 2 different flights ahghgah!

the luckiest guy

Sep 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
AOR Received.
24-12-2010
Med's Done....
27-09-2010
star1384 said:
hi

So my husband talked to his neigbour and the neighbor mentioned that its EMS does Canada send mail through EMS (express mail service)?
In my experience no they don't. They use regular and cheaper normal postal service. If this is from EMS then I would say that it's probably not from Immigration Canada but get that package asap just in case it is from them.

jma

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov/2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
june 2011
VISA ISSUED...
june,2011
LANDED..........
june,2011
hi my fellow november members
how's every thing guys?
in my hubby's application there's a little update
nairobi started processing our application on january 5
i got a massege from ecas tracker this evening
and iam pleased 2 see that as i will take this as a gift in our marriege anniversary
and i will say 2 my lovely hubby i know {he'll see this post soon }
A HAPPY ANNIVERSARY DARLING
i hope this will be blessing year for every body
god bless you

star1384

Star Member
Jan 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2010
AOR Received.
25-01-2011
File Transfer...
29-12-2010
Passport Req..
25-01-2011
the luckiest guy said:
In my experience no they don't. They use regular and cheaper normal postal service. If this is from EMS then I would say that it's probably not from Immigration Canada but get that package asap just in case it is from them.
I guess that helps...so my hubby also found out from our neighbour that it might be an interview and i told my husband how would the neighbour know whats in the letter? I don't think the delivery guy would know right ? and I mean if it's from the CEM, i don't think the delivery man would just go telling people about the information. So I told my husband that I hope the neighbour is just making it up so now I'm all worried.

My husband tried to check the EMS but they are not able to locate where it came from and told him that needs a tracking number. But since we don't have it, I guess the only thing we hve to do is wait til it gets deliver again :( which i hope is sooner than later. I also called CIC and they told me to contact the visa office...there's no contact number so I just wrote a case specific inquiry to them and apparently it takes 28 days for them to reply if there's something wrong with the application.

Jen85

Oct 23, 2010
Deep Brook, Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Doc's Request.
06-05-11 / Sent RCMP Check in 14-06-11
AOR Received.
09-12-2010
File Transfer...
30-11-2010
Med's Request
Meds Received
Med's Done....
25-10-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-11
LANDED..........
30-09-11
Slow month for November so far...our group was on page two so had to bump it back up again. Here is hoping we start getting some news very soon!

Pharoh, hope you are doing okay, I think you wanted to take a break from your pc and the forum...it does help to do that sometimes and get busy doing something else to try and distract from all this endless waiting. I am busy decorating and getting the house ready to go up for sale...hopefully very soon!! Had a relocation consultant from Canada tell me yesterday that we should put it on the market now as it might take a while to sell. We still would prefer to wait until we know the immigration of my partner is approved!!

Anyway, hope everyone is having a great day!

jma

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov/2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
june 2011
VISA ISSUED...
june,2011
LANDED..........
june,2011
hi every 1
it's been a blessing week for us this week
first we cme 2 know that nairobi started processing our application on january 5
and today i got my AOR inthe mail
they asked me 2 submit some stuff that i've already submitted and some newones
bythe way i needed that chance as i want 2 add some supporting documents with my application
i have 2 add my son to the application he was born after we fiiled our application but we did submit the application at that time and we were scared 2 add him with out his birth certificate so we sent the application with out him we added only a latter stating my wife's pregnancy situation
now we have his birth certificate we can add him
so i think this is the right time to add him with the application
i still need{you guys} ur advice if iam messing my process
good luck every body and god bless u

geminibella

Oct 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/11/2010
File Transfer...
21/12/2010
Med's Done....
08/24/2010
Passport Req..
13/11/2011
VISA ISSUED...
15/11/2011
LANDED..........
30/11/2011
I had a question regarding my approval letter that I had received in December..

At the bottom of my approval letter it says "This letter confirms receipt of the processing fee." ... So my question is .. does this mean it's my AOR as well ? *Acknowledgement of receipt ?

Thanks for any answers!

xoxo hope everyone is well!!

waiting sucks!

TreeLover

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2010
Doc's Request.
none requested
AOR Received.
28-01-2010
File Transfer...
14-12-2010
Med's Done....
29-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-2011
LANDED..........
21-04-2011
geminibella,

No, the AOR comes from your visa office, not from Mississauga. So that is not the AOR yet. They are just telling you that they received your payment. It's on my approval letter too.

Well, at least one person in our November group has received the AOR - jma. I keep looking at this thread to see if more people are getting them. But it seems so slow with nothing happening.

I think they are behind because of the holidays by about a week (based on the applications in previous months), so I'm guessing more will get their AOR within the next week. Hopefully!

ohohogirl

Star Member
Aug 10, 2010
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-NOV-2010
Doc's Request.
NON
AOR Received.
15-DEC-2010
Interview........
18-APR-2011
Passport Req..
10-JAN-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-APR-2011
LANDED..........
3-MAY-2011(HAPPY HAPPY ENDING)
has anyone got PPR??
I heard that one lady on New Delhi thread got passport request she filed on the same date as i did....

I am getting nervous....

the luckiest guy

Sep 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
AOR Received.
24-12-2010
Med's Done....
27-09-2010
ohohogirl said:
has anyone got PPR??
I heard that one lady on New Delhi thread got passport request she filed on the same date as i did....

I am getting nervous....
I think that it's way too soon to be hearing PR but it is encouraging that it might be really soon for some of us. I was the first to recieve the AOR in Dec so I was hopeful but now they asked for things that will take a long time to get and with the distance (Canada to China) I am real worried about delays. :eek: :eek:

ohohogirl

Star Member
Aug 10, 2010
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-NOV-2010
Doc's Request.
NON
AOR Received.
15-DEC-2010
Interview........
18-APR-2011
Passport Req..
10-JAN-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-APR-2011
LANDED..........
3-MAY-2011(HAPPY HAPPY ENDING)
the luckiest guy said:
I think that it's way too soon to be hearing PR but it is encouraging that it might be really soon for some of us. I was the first to recieve the AOR in Dec so I was hopeful but now they asked for things that will take a long time to get and with the distance (Canada to China) I am real worried about delays. :eek: :eek:
hi. I wish your process will be go fast. Beijin is faster than another offices.atleast you know that the office got the application. we dont even know they got application or process has started..........

dont worry at the end everything works fine!!

whitehorsejk

Star Member
Nov 23, 2010
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 1st, 2010
AOR Received.
Jan 13th, 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 6th, 2011
Passport Req..
March 1st, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 26th, 2011
LANDED..........
Fall of 2011
Canadayogini...

Congratulations on your good news!!!
I would contine on with your application...you never know, the visa office might be quick and you may get everything sorted well before you are due to give birth. In terms of your child...as long as one of you is a Canadian citizen (I'm guessing that is you :)) then if your child is born outside of Canada it will automatically have Canadian citizenship, you only need to apply for a citizenship certificate (which takes ages by the way, 15 months...guess they are really busy in that office)...so you will not have to sponsor them, and they can travel ito Canada on their birth country's passport. But saying that, I agree...much easier to travel with a baby in the tummy :)
I looked into all the children aspects as my husband and I have a 22 month old son and now a one week old baby girl. Our baby wasn't born when we filed our application, so I will update the Visa office now that she is here.

I also recieved some good news today as well. I am on this group as well as the December group...I sent my appliction in on Nov 25th, but wasn't received in Canada until Dec 1st...so I haven't posted on here for a long while (as nothing was happening with our application). But this morning our sponsorship approval letter arrived, YAY!...so onto the next stage for us, looks like the file was transfered to the London office on Jan 6th, 2011. I hope when the time comes that we will have good news from there as well :D

the luckiest guy

Sep 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
AOR Received.
24-12-2010
Med's Done....
27-09-2010
Wow we are a quiet group! I had to search for us! I looked and looked and finally I gave up. There were a lot of the other groups or pg 2 or even 3 so I guess it's either everyone is shy now or there's been a lot of new questions asked.