Interview........
18-APR-2011
Passport Req..
10-JAN-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-APR-2011
LANDED..........
3-MAY-2011(HAPPY HAPPY ENDING)
I just want to say HAVE A WANDERFUL 2011!!

and let every family be united and lived happily ever after!!

love

muna.

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
Congrats the luckiest guy on the AOR! I'm glad we have our first, though to be honest, I'm not surprised it's from Beijing. As far as I know, the current holidays are not recognized until early next year (e.g. Chinese New Year) on the Chinese calendar, so Beijing has been processing as normal, while other offices have been closed, observing the holidays.

That's my theory, anyways...

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
Hi all,

I hope you don't mind the double-post. It's crazy quiet in here. I'm returning to the States tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to it, but meh, I need to begin post-PR arrangements I suppose, while continuing to work and such.

I've been giving it some thought. I'm thinking as soon as I get the PR email, I'll drive to Buffalo, get my visa stamped in person, then land at Niagra Falls, and drive cross-country to Edmonton. What do you think? There's no way in hell I'm mailing my passport; I don't trust our mail system.

I hope we see some AOR's soon. The October thread is reeeeaaaalll quiet.

Anyone else hear anything?

P.S. Happy New Years to everyone!

kelKel

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2010
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
03-03-2011
I feel the same way about mailing my passport...no way! Canada Post lost my passport before so never again. Driving to Edmonton would be quite the drive but if you did a Niagara Falls, Toronto visit and then the drive it might be nice :)

canadayogini

Star Member
Oct 31, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
AOR Received.
20-12-2010
File Transfer...
09-12-2010
Med's Done....
06-10-2010
Passport Req..
01-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2011
I'm sure things will fire up again very soon.

I received the paperwork back from my police check here in Australia today... 3 weeks since I applied. Everything slow due to the public holidays. There were a bunch of christmas cards in the mailbox too - that were sent early December!

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
I'm back in the U.S., now that the holidays are over *grumble*.

Buffalo needs to get their stuff in gear. I hope we start hearing something too, along with October people. I wonder, perhaps, if they'll begin transferring to other offices to load balance (as they occasionally do), as they must be swamped with apps from September, October, November, and soon to be December. I think now it would be more promising than ever. I've heard people get PR from Detroit/New York in as little as two weeks after being transferred. I'm not sure where the breakdown is at Buffalo, that makes PR take months...

I realized the other day that my FBI background check was 3 months and 1 week-ish old when it was received by CIC Missisagua. This really bothers me, as I believe they're only good for around 3 months. CIC may or may not request updated FBI records, and if they do, it'll be a 3 month wait for them from the FBI, and a huge delay on the application. I'm going to get re-fingerprinted tomorrow, and apply for another background check, just so it's in-progress if it's requested by CIC. I hope I don't end up having to use them.

Godspeed everyone. Godspeed.

the luckiest guy

Sep 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
AOR Received.
24-12-2010
Med's Done....
27-09-2010
I guess we're all in the same boat as we are all waiting (and worrying) for some reason. For me, if you've been following my rare posts is for Quebec to now accept my wife. My dad sent our mini-application to them Dec 31 and I know it's the holidays BUT I just checked Canada post's website and according to them IT HASN'T EVEN LEFT THE POST OFFICE my dad dropped it off at. It's a 3 hr drive (from home to Quebec's office in Montreal) and in 5 days it can't move!!!! :eek: :mad: :eek: :mad:. When Beijing contracted us they say 45 days we had to get them this Quebec approval :eek: :eek:. I am not encouraged by this. Beijing said it would take 6 months to approve my wife I hope that this potential delay is factored in cause my visa is going to expire on Aug. 9 and she's slated to be approved end of July or early Aug. Too tight for my liking.

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
the luckiest guy said:
I guess we're all in the same boat as we are all waiting (and worrying) for some reason. For me, if you've been following my rare posts is for Quebec to now accept my wife. My dad sent our mini-application to them Dec 31 and I know it's the holidays BUT I just checked Canada post's website and according to them IT HASN'T EVEN LEFT THE POST OFFICE my dad dropped it off at. It's a 3 hr drive (from home to Quebec's office in Montreal) and in 5 days it can't move!!!! :eek: :mad: :eek: :mad:. When Beijing contracted us they say 45 days we had to get them this Quebec approval :eek: :eek:. I am not encouraged by this. Beijing said it would take 6 months to approve my wife I hope that this potential delay is factored in cause my visa is going to expire on Aug. 9 and she's slated to be approved end of July or early Aug. Too tight for my liking.
Hey the luckiest guy,

I believe today was the first non-holiday for government services in Canada. I believe they were closed from Saturday - Monday, so today was the first day they've been back in business. Your package may have missed the deadline to go out on the 31st, hence why it's been sitting. No worries, I'm sure you'll see it move in the next day or so. I'd try following up on it tomorrow.

blues

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2010
File Transfer...
13-01-2011
to be honest im having a hard time trying to not think about this AOR letter. i hate holiday season now officially :p everything is late! o god please let it come this week ps pls pls pls

shorttalk

Star Member
Dec 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2010
AOR Received.
9th dec 2010
File Transfer...
30-11-2010
Hi Blues
I am with you 100% on this feeling. I saw on the London thread that there is a rumour that they have stopped sending out AOR's all together, which means that I could potentially sit here in Canada for another 7 months not knowing if they have even received the bloomin document that took 3 months to put together arrggghhhh.... Its so difficult, id even say cruel sometimes. But lets all keep our chins up, its the new year, lets hope our immigration officers have gone back to work all refreshed and pushing through the backlog eh! :D

R

rathika

quick update guys....... :p :p :p as of january 5th working on the applications recieved on november 29 .......we are almost their guy.....fingers crossed....... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

patiently_waiting

Nov 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 22, 2010
AOR Received.
November 26, 2010
File Transfer...
November 1, 2010
Med's Done....
July 13, 2010
Passport Req..
February 14, 2011
shorttalk said:
Hi Blues
I am with you 100% on this feeling. I saw on the London thread that there is a rumour that they have stopped sending out AOR's all together, which means that I could potentially sit here in Canada for another 7 months not knowing if they have even received the bloomin document that took 3 months to put together arrggghhhh.... Its so difficult, id even say cruel sometimes. But lets all keep our chins up, its the new year, lets hope our immigration officers have gone back to work all refreshed and pushing through the backlog eh! :D
Hey Shorttalk - London has never sent out AOR letters, just they way the do things I guess. Other embassies do send them out though, it all depends on the embassy. You will also find that some embassies include notes in their ECAS updates like medicals received etc, don't fret but London doesn't always do that either. It is really hard to sit and wait, I am in the same boat but about a month after you as my sponsorship was approved on Nov 1 and went In Process in Ecas on Nov 26th. I try to follow other peoples timelines and for the most part they are bang on. Hang in there buddy, today has been probably the hardest day for me but stay strong :)

DKA

Star Member
Jun 12, 2010
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2010
AOR Received.
27-01-2011
File Transfer...
09-12-2010
Med's Done....
07-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2011
LANDED..........
15-03-2011
Hey everyone -

Just wanted to tell everyone Happy New Years/Happy Holidays :::cheers::: here's to patiently waiting this lengthy process with company!
Hopefully Buffalo could speed things up a bit and CIC could update their website for Part 2 of the processing time chart - hasn't been updated since Oct 22, 2010! Hello! We're finally in 2011 - get updated CIC!

the luckiest guy

Sep 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
AOR Received.
24-12-2010
Med's Done....
27-09-2010
Pharoh said:
Hey the luckiest guy,

I believe today was the first non-holiday for government services in Canada. I believe they were closed from Saturday - Monday, so today was the first day they've been back in business. Your package may have missed the deadline to go out on the 31st, hence why it's been sitting. No worries, I'm sure you'll see it move in the next day or so. I'd try following up on it tomorrow.
Looks like you were right. I just checked this morning (for me with the time difference between EST and China) and they recieved it at 11:34am Jan 5. Now hopefully they do it fast cause they say 30 days and with it being mailed to my representative it would be over the 45 day limit Beijing gave us or they mail it to me and then it's really over the limit. I am hoping it goes faster than 30 days and then I can/possibilily get it to Beijing within the time limit or Beijing has to say 'we'll delay your decision' but COME ON!!! you said it will take 6 months to reach a decision I think it that time you have some leeway for a small delay on the Quebec approval.

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
Hey everyone,

No update on my front, other than I submitted another application for an FBI background check, just to have ready (if needed) for CIC. By the time they received my application in Mississauga, my FBI background check was 3 months and 1 week old. I guess they're only valid for 3 months, and some people have had mixed results (it's up to the IO as to whether or not a more recent version is required). I figured to be safe, I'd go ahead and order them, though it takes about 12 weeks. I hope and pray that within 12 weeks, I'll be landed in Canada, but who knows. This holiday delay isn't looking too good for anyone.

Meh.

I'm waiting for some good news from the October thread. They'll surely get theirs before we do. As soon as they see some activity, we will, shortly thereafter.