+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for November 2010 applications

R

rathika

hey guys i need ur help..........actually when i send my application canada post confrimed me that my application was recieved by cpc-m on november 29 but guess what i called the cpc-m now and i asked them wheather my file is being reviewed cause they are working on november 29 applications.........the agent told me yes ur application is in process and ur application was recieved on december 02, what the f--k is wrong with canada post they lied to me....can u guys tell me since my application is in process how long it will take for them to send me a letter? pls let me know i am so pissed thanks guys......

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
rathika said:
hey guys i need ur help..........actually when i send my application canada post confrimed me that my application was recieved by cpc-m on november 29 but guess what i called the cpc-m now and i asked them wheather my file is being reviewed cause they are working on november 29 applications.........the agent told me yes ur application is in process and ur application was recieved on december 02, what the f--k is wrong with canada post they lied to me....can u guys tell me since my application is in process how long it will take for them to send me a letter? pls let me know i am so pissed thanks guys......
An easy explanation... Canada Post delivered it on November 29, as they said, and the mail room (or whomever initially opens applications and creates a file for them) didn't open them until December 2. It likely sat in the pile waiting to be initially opened by CIC. It was merely signed for on November 29.

nylalisa

Jan 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2010
Doc's Request.
31-01-2011 (additional doc request)
AOR Received.
17-01-2011
File Transfer...
06-01-2011
Med's Request
30-03-2011
Med's Done....
21-10-2010
Interview........
30-03-2011 (Passed and approved same day)
Passport Req..
01-25-2011
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2011 (Received 09-04-2011)
LANDED..........
13-04-2011
You are probably ryt Pharoh, I didn't think of that happening but it's fully plausible. Either way it's only 3 days. Which means mine probably wasn't opened until about the 5th or so. I'll take it either way. :) Still means I am close. :)

blues

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2010
File Transfer...
13-01-2011
shorttalk and all awaiting this damned letter, my sympathies! ugh. i KNOW that even cpc mississauga is going to send this letter with canada post as its normal posting and even that is going to take a while. while i wait i dont know who to be more mad at.

anyhoo i guess i should check the october thread once in a while and read some good news that would be better than whining :p i guess!

kelKel

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2010
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
03-03-2011
I wish I could say October was moving along but there hasn't been updates for the last couple weeks!

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
I feel like I'm starting to go insane. I may need to take a break from the forums. I get excited every time I get an email (saying someone has posted to the November or October threads), but it turns out there's no progress at all. Sigh. I hope some of our early November applicants get their AOR's in the next week. That'll indicate things are back on schedule.

I have this sick feeling in my stomach that everyone at CIC is standing around cracking jokes, talking about their holidays, etc. It's happening at my work, so it probably does there too.

S

serenifly

well on a positive note, after 4 days of calling CIC and after getting 4 different reps who couldn't change my address for me, I got one today that rocked my socks and was able to update our new address!

We are 7 months out from having them open our Envelope package! haha ... yay / sarcasm

star1384

Star Member
Jan 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2010
AOR Received.
25-01-2011
File Transfer...
29-12-2010
Passport Req..
25-01-2011
Hi

I was hoping for someone to advised me of my husband's application. I sent in my Application on November 16 and when I checked e-cas it says that they've sent me a letter on Dec 20 and I received the letter of approval as well. So now we are just waiting for the results in manila visa office.

Also, my husband went to Singapore for a 2 week vacation to spend xmas/new year with his family and just got back in Manila yesterday, and one of the neighbours where he lived mentioned that there was a carrier who came this past week and she said it seems like something for him (she really did not specify what it was), but since he was not there to receive it do you know the carrier will come back sooner like next week to deliver whatever package it is (I'm really hoping that its his aor and ppr). Or do we have to call the manila visa office if they have send it? or wait til we get it..... I'm nervous that if we don't get the letter right away his application might get delayed. I'm hoping that its not something that requires more documentation. I'm just wondering if they did send a letter shouldn't they update his status on e-cas too? it still says 'not available' on his pr status.

PLEASE HELP!!! I'M CONFUSED... :) thanksss

zahid1978

Star Member
Jun 9, 2010
Karachi-Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO London Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Doc's Request.
Recd 23-01-14 & sent 20-2-14, RPRF requested 27/6/14 & received on 17/07/2014
Nomination.....
08-02-2013
AOR Received.
25-04-2013
IELTS Request
Yes
File Transfer...
13-03-2013
Med's Request
27-06-2014
Med's Done....
15-07-2014 now MashaAllah e-status "Medical received"
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 received 31 Jul 2014 & PPR2 received 19 Sep 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Passports sent to ISB embassy on 22 Sep and visa received on 27 Sep 2014
LANDED..........
in Dec 2014 InshaAllah
zahid1978 said:
Sorry i didnt tell that my file was submitted by my Brother In Laws in Regina (Saskatchewan) and my actual file submission date is 17th Oct 2010. As per my bro in Laws that you will be receiving acknowledgment letter with in month.
I've just received my acknowledgment today. Thanks God now the application is well on its way...!

blues

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2010
File Transfer...
13-01-2011
my bad i said i was waiting for my AOR :/ not my AOR my acknowledgement letter!! it didnt come this week :( ugh stupid holidays

EDIT: OMG I JUST CHECKED CIC AND finallyyyyyyy my file has been updated. it says they sent out a letter on the 6th.. o god pls be a good letter :D

phew atleast i know decision has been made and a letter is coming!

the luckiest guy

Sep 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
AOR Received.
24-12-2010
Med's Done....
27-09-2010
star1384 said:
Hi

I was hoping for someone to advised me of my husband's application. I sent in my Application on November 16 and when I checked e-cas it says that they've sent me a letter on Dec 20 and I received the letter of approval as well. So now we are just waiting for the results in manila visa office.

Also, my husband went to Singapore for a 2 week vacation to spend xmas/new year with his family and just got back in Manila yesterday, and one of the neighbours where he lived mentioned that there was a carrier who came this past week and she said it seems like something for him (she really did not specify what it was), but since he was not there to receive it do you know the carrier will come back sooner like next week to deliver whatever package it is (I'm really hoping that its his aor and ppr). Or do we have to call the manila visa office if they have send it? or wait til we get it..... I'm nervous that if we don't get the letter right away his application might get delayed. I'm hoping that its not something that requires more documentation. I'm just wondering if they did send a letter shouldn't they update his status on e-cas too? it still says 'not available' on his pr status.

PLEASE HELP!!! I'M CONFUSED... :) thanksss
Yes Star1384 found out what that was! It may have not come for him but if it did and it is about the visa application then there will be a certain amount of time to reply with whatever they what. So I say contact the mail service not the visa office. The mail carrier will know where and whe you can get that package and get it asap so you can deal with it if it's from Immigration Canada.

star1384

Star Member
Jan 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2010
AOR Received.
25-01-2011
File Transfer...
29-12-2010
Passport Req..
25-01-2011
tnx luckiest guy.

what do i ask the courier? should my husband ask him for his application from canadian embassy do u think they will disclosed that information to him? and does the courier normally return the package/letter back to the canadian embassy or will they try to deliver it until my husband receives it?

the luckiest guy

Sep 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
AOR Received.
24-12-2010
Med's Done....
27-09-2010
star1384 said:
tnx luckiest guy.

what do i ask the courier? should my husband ask him for his application from canadian embassy do u think they will disclosed that information to him? and does the courier normally return the package/letter back to the canadian embassy or will they try to deliver it until my husband receives it?
Star1384,

these are al questions you need to ask the carrier. Except for who the package is from I am sure the carrier can answer all these questions and help to put your mind at ease but do it fast in case it is from Canada. Like I said, they give a time limit on replying to them or your file goes back to the bottom of the pile.

canadayogini

Star Member
Oct 31, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
AOR Received.
20-12-2010
File Transfer...
09-12-2010
Med's Done....
06-10-2010
Passport Req..
01-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2011
Hi guys,

I was hoping not to need to share the news until we've had the first scan to be sure... but we found out we are pregnant with baby#2 and are expecting late August/early Sep.

Now we have had sponsorship approved and I'm sure our local visa office (Sydney, Australia) will soon start with processing the permanent residency application portion.

We are just trying to weigh up our options. I have written to the visa office for more information on options, but at this point it seems our choices will be:
a) hope the visa comes in time so we can arrange to land by June (July absolute latest)
b) withdraw our application, have baby in Australia and look to reapply in a year or so :-(
c) ask to postpone our application
d) if the visa is approved, ask for an extension

I'm feeling really stressed already, I just want to be able to enjoy the pregnancy. I would love to be back 'home' in Canada with friends and my husbands family... but it's a really tough choice, I know financially it will be a strain on my husband and I'm worried about having so many changes at once. Of course I am happy and feel blessed to be expecting, but I'm not sure what to do with moving.

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
Hey canadayogini,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I'm so happy and excited for you!

In looking at your options, I'd suggest you stay the current course. I'm sure you'll be landed by June, if not before.

Keep in mind, if you have the child in Australia, you have to go through the process of bringing the child to Canada later, which means you'll have to deal with CIC again.

If you have the child in Canada, the child is an automatic Canadian citizen, and thus, you won't have to go through the hassle.

What do you think?