13-07-2010 (rec'd 16-07-10)
LANDED..........
17-07-2010

CONGRATS to everyone! Just because :)

shikha99

Star Member
May 24, 2010
Thanks but I still need my visa.

Has anyone heard of using MP localy to enquire on case?

How long does CAIPS take>??

calgary_flames

Star Member
Feb 23, 2010
Calgary,Alberta
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-03-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
16-02-2010
Passport Req..
26-04-2010
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2010
shikha99 said:
my ecas update did not show medicals recieved,. buti got pics back, is that right? or normal?
I think getting pictures back is a good new... ;)

lands

Jan 28, 2010
shikha99 said:
Thanks but I still need my visa.

Has anyone heard of using MP localy to enquire on case?

How long does CAIPS take>??
Depnds on how close you are to the mayor..in other words how well you know the MP...MP\MLA's are very carefull these days as to who they offer to help...

samrupl

Mar 2, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ucalgary said:
My wife did receive her passport back today with the visa. :) She also received all the photographs we had submitted. I also know that "Info1" (on Trackitt) also received his passport today. So application processing is still going on in New Delhi.
All the best to everyone who is still waiting! I hope you all get your visas soon.
congrats mate

ucalgary

Apr 8, 2010
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2010
AOR Received.
06-04-2010
File Transfer...
15-04-2010
Passport Req..
27-04-2010
Thanks everyone!

abedelia

Star Member
Oct 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just thought I'd update you all with the latest from yours truly, the slowest application in the March group!!! :p

I know you're all eager to hear what is going on with my application!!! :p :p

To review: as of now I am still unable to log into eCAS, have gotten no letter, have heard nothing other than that my application for sponsorship has been received and began processing on May 13 (when I called the Call Centre).

Well, yesterday my husband got in the mail a check from CIC for $50. We had read somewhere that when your application is approved, you have to pay $50 for a fee for the PR card and that it is possible to pay that fee with the application and that doing so can save some time in the end. So we paid an extra $50 with our fee payment and I wrote in the cover letter the breakdown of the fees (Fee receipt totaling $1090.00. $490.00 for Right of Permanent Residence fee, $75.00 for Sponsorship Application, $475.00 for Principal Applicant- Family Class, $50 for Permanent Resident Card). Well, that was seemingly a bad idea, they have refunded us the $50. So, maybe that explains the delay in our application? In any case, it might have been a mistake, but it's also somewhat comforting to know that my application is being handled by human beings there and they have begun looking at it and it's in process.

We shall see.

Thanks for everyone's support and congrats to everyone who has made more progress than this and who has paid their fees correctly the first time!!!! :)

shikha99

Star Member
May 24, 2010
good luck, mine is also slow. oh well, keep waiting. We have our whole life to be with our partner, so lets enjoy our single days while they are here.... wut say?

Cherlyn

Star Member
Apr 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2010
Med's Done....
15-03-2010
abedelia said:
I just thought I'd update you all with the latest from yours truly, the slowest application in the March group!!! :p

To review: as of now I am still unable to log into eCAS, have gotten no letter, have heard nothing other than that my application for sponsorship has been received and began processing on May 13 (when I called the Call Centre).

Well, yesterday my husband got in the mail a check from CIC for $50. We had read somewhere that when your application is approved, you have to pay $50 for a fee for the PR card and that it is possible to pay that fee with the application and that doing so can save some time in the end. So we paid an extra $50 with our fee payment and I wrote in the cover letter the breakdown of the fees (Fee receipt totaling $1090.00. $490.00 for Right of Permanent Residence fee, $75.00 for Sponsorship Application, $475.00 for Principal Applicant- Family Class, $50 for Permanent Resident Card). Well, that was seemingly a bad idea, they have refunded us the $50. So, maybe that explains the delay in our application? In any case, it might have been a mistake, but it's also somewhat comforting to know that my application is being handled by human beings there and they have begun looking at it and it's in process.

We shall see.

abedelia – I don’t think $50 extra was the reason of delay.
I didn’t paid yet the $490.00 for Right of Permanent Residence fee and they touch my case. ( I want to pay next week).
But I hear you, don’t be upset. Who knows after they send your case in Buffalo you can be the first one who will receive the visa. I tried to guess their rules and way of thinking but I can’t figure out any logic in their system.

Cherlyn

Star Member
Apr 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2010
Med's Done....
15-03-2010
abedelia said:

We shall see.

Thanks for everyone's support and congrats to everyone who has made more progress than this and who has paid their fees correctly the first time!!!! :)
What if you make an incorrect payment?
If you are required to pay additional fees and you live in Canada, CPC-M will send your application back to you and inform you of the amount outstanding. Pay the fees as instructed above and return the whole application to CPC-M.
The processing of your application will not begin before you have paid all applicable fees.
If the amount you have paid is greater than what you owe, your application will be processed and the overpayment will be refunded to you. If you are entitled to a refund, you should receive it four to six weeks after CPC-M has completed the refund request.

accusia

Star Member
Apr 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/3/2010
AOR Received.
29/04/2010
File Transfer...
21/04/2010
Med's Done....
27/2/2010
Passport Req..
18/5/2010
VISA ISSUED...
15/6/2010
any updates guys???????????

plumosa

May 27, 2010
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/03/2010
AOR Received.
17/06/2010
File Transfer...
10/05/2010
Med's Done....
30/11/2009
Interview........
waived-letter dated 27/07/2010
Passport Req..
20/09/2010
VISA ISSUED...
28/09/2010
LANDED..........
28/09/2010
Hi all, I'm brand new to this website, but have almost identical application stats to can_80_n (crazy!)

I am expecting my AOR from buffalo here in a couple of weeks max, and Québec has had my application for CSQ for a week now. Does anyone know whether or not I can start my "free" French lessons as soon as I get it? (thanks to the extra $250 it takes to process in Québec)

Has anyone had little proof of marriage? We eloped to get the process started faster and are having a bigger ceremony in a month for the families. We do have extensive proof of travelling together thanks to passport stamps and plenty of emails. We only sent in about 20 pictures though. I'd love to avoid having to have an interview but I'm not holding my breath...

Its really exciting to find this group and read everyone's stats!