+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for MARCH 2010 applicants!

new1

May 19, 2010
Dear Samrupl

I am a follower of this blog...
so when did they ask you to attend the interview?

accusia

Star Member
Apr 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/3/2010
AOR Received.
29/04/2010
File Transfer...
21/04/2010
Med's Done....
27/2/2010
Passport Req..
18/5/2010
VISA ISSUED...
15/6/2010
thats great samrupl

ur case is approved :)

calgary_flames

Star Member
Feb 23, 2010
Calgary,Alberta
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-03-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
16-02-2010
Passport Req..
26-04-2010
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2010
Great news my friend..Congratulations!!! ;D
Though this is the first time I heard they call someone and said case is approved. :)

mmv

Star Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2010
AOR Received.
11-5-2010
File Transfer...
31-05-2010
Med's Done....
5-3-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
5-6-2010
VISA ISSUED...
18-6-2010
HEY MY HEARTY CONGRATULATIONS TO U!!!Really felt happy to hear such good news for u.....So pack up ur bags and be ready with ur spouse forever.All the Best.

abedelia

Star Member
Oct 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, I submitted my application on March 10 and now the date up to which they are processing applications according to the website has PASSED THAT DATE!!! And I still can't log in to eCAS. I called the Call Centre again today and they confirmed that the sponsorship application had been received and had begun processing (for sponsorship approval) in CPC-Miss May 13, and he said that according to the website it will take 67 days FROM MAY 13 to be processed!!!! That would mean that we would be at the 4 month mark before our application is even transferred to Buffalo!! I can't believe this. I am so frustrated, I don't understand why our application has barely been started and others who submitted theirs after us are well underway or even approved by now. I am happy for all of you, but frustrated also because I can't figure out what is different about our application, it should be quite straightforward relative to some of the other cases I have heard about, which all seem to have been processed much faster than ours!!!

Anyway, I asked the call centre agent if my husband (sponsor) should be able to log in to eCAS by now and he said yes, that he should use his client ID number. We can't get in with a receipt number. I said, he doesn't have one, he's a citizen, has no documents with a client ID number on them, and I asked if I could have his client ID number and he said that he has it in his system but can't give it to me because I'm not an authorized representative! He implied that he has access to a lot of other useful information in my husband's file but can't tell me what it says because I'm not authorized. He is my husband!!! We did not fill out the use of a representative form because we thought it was only for if you have an immigration lawyer....!!!! GRR! So now I have the form but he said it takes 3 weeks to even process that.

I think I am the last person on this thread to hear anything. I am completely shocked that this process could be so slow. This is holding up our LIVES!!!!!!!!

Nej

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i know it's frustrating not having them tell you the info even though he's your husband. It's due to strict Canadian privacy laws. My hubby and I share a bank account (he added my name to it) and I couldn't even update our address and order checks because they said I wasn't authorized! Same thing when we tried to set up interent/phone or if I try to pay one of the bills in his name.

careolso

Apr 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/17/2010
File Transfer...
4/9/2010
Hi everyone. I am Canadian. My husband is American. We are processing through Buffalo. Received approval of sponsorship April 9th and our file was transferred to Buffalo the same day. We intend to move to Canada June 23rd. Our house is sold and I will be starting a job at home in September. Getting a little frustrated with the wait, but our sponsorship part went through so fast that I think I have a skewed sense of reality (CPC-M received March 17, started processing 4/9 and made decision 4/9). Anyone have a update re: what date they are currently processing in Buffalo?

Thanks!

samrupl

Mar 2, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks calgary_flames and mmv. ;D i has started buying stuff ;D
they ringed my wife too when she applied for me in canada and the guy told her that everything seems ok :)

good luck to all my friends who are waiting for case processing. may almighty help you 8)

can_80_n

Star Member
Mar 31, 2009
Quebec, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2010
AOR Received.
14-06-2010
File Transfer...
07-06-2010
Med's Done....
30-09-2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-02-2010
abedelia said:
Well, I submitted my application on March 10 and now the date up to which they are processing applications according to the website has PASSED THAT DATE!!! And I still can't log in to eCAS. I called the Call Centre again today and they confirmed that the sponsorship application had been received and had begun processing (for sponsorship approval) in CPC-Miss May 13, and he said that according to the website it will take 67 days FROM MAY 13 to be processed!!!! That would mean that we would be at the 4 month mark before our application is even transferred to Buffalo!! I can't believe this. I am so frustrated, I don't understand why our application has barely been started and others who submitted theirs after us are well underway or even approved by now. I am happy for all of you, but frustrated also because I can't figure out what is different about our application, it should be quite straightforward relative to some of the other cases I have heard about, which all seem to have been processed much faster than ours!!!

Anyway, I asked the call centre agent if my husband (sponsor) should be able to log in to eCAS by now and he said yes, that he should use his client ID number. We can't get in with a receipt number. I said, he doesn't have one, he's a citizen, has no documents with a client ID number on them, and I asked if I could have his client ID number and he said that he has it in his system but can't give it to me because I'm not an authorized representative! He implied that he has access to a lot of other useful information in my husband's file but can't tell me what it says because I'm not authorized. He is my husband!!! We did not fill out the use of a representative form because we thought it was only for if you have an immigration lawyer....!!!! GRR! So now I have the form but he said it takes 3 weeks to even process that.

I think I am the last person on this thread to hear anything. I am completely shocked that this process could be so slow. This is holding up our LIVES!!!!!!!!
Oh no! I thought for sure you'd be able to logon by now. I have a feeling that there may be a typo in some of your information on their end so that when you try to log on to ecas, it doesn't recognize your husband's name or DOB. Grrr...I can imagine how frustrated you must feel. However, if they started processing on May 13th then that is still on track since you are exactly one week behind us (ours started processing on May 6th).
I think what the person on the phone told you about the 67 days is BS. I have a feeling your approval letter is on its way to your husband! It took one week to receive ours here in California from Mississauga which I thought was pretty fast, so depending on where your husband lives, it could take a bit longer.

The fact that they confirmed it started processing on May 13th is good!!! I wouldn't sweat too much about ecas...

accusia

Star Member
Apr 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/3/2010
AOR Received.
29/04/2010
File Transfer...
21/04/2010
Med's Done....
27/2/2010
Passport Req..
18/5/2010
VISA ISSUED...
15/6/2010
hey calgary_flames wats up? u guys got the passport request in apr end and its almost one month now, still u havent got any reply.

why these people are taking that long to return ur wife's passport back? i think ur case is very straight forward? did the visa office ask ur wife for any additional documents after they send the passport request ?

have u ever tried to find out wats going on with your file. i m really looking forward to your case. just by watching your timeline i am also expecting the same things with me.

good luck friend , i hope your wife will get her passport back with visa by next week..

abedelia

Star Member
Oct 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
can_80_n said:
Oh no! I thought for sure you'd be able to logon by now. I have a feeling that there may be a typo in some of your information on their end so that when you try to log on to ecas, it doesn't recognize your husband's name or DOB. Grrr...I can imagine how frustrated you must feel. However, if they started processing on May 13th then that is still on track since you are exactly one week behind us (ours started processing on May 6th).
I think what the person on the phone told you about the 67 days is BS. I have a feeling your approval letter is on its way to your husband! It took one week to receive ours here in California from Mississauga which I thought was pretty fast, so depending on where your husband lives, it could take a bit longer.

The fact that they confirmed it started processing on May 13th is good!!! I wouldn't sweat too much about ecas...
Thanks can_80_n.... you're right, what matters is that they are working on the file, not that I can see it in eCAS. It's comforting to know that our application is on track relative to yours. I'm going to try to just sit tight and let it take its course, it's just difficult to trust the process when you hear horror stories of lost documents and get contradictory information from the call centre agents, etc. But I know that for most people, it's a relatively simple process once the application is submitted.

Thanks!! :)

careolso

Apr 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/17/2010
File Transfer...
4/9/2010
Just received a letter from Buffalo! It states that my husband's PR application was received on May 21 and that it has been placed in a queue awaiting assessment. Just nice to know that they actually have it! e-cas does not reflect this change in status, at least not yet. One step closer...

alisa

Star Member
Jan 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
careolso said:
Just received a letter from Buffalo! It states that my husband's PR application was received on May 21 and that it has been placed in a queue awaiting assessment. Just nice to know that they actually have it! e-cas does not reflect this change in status, at least not yet. One step closer...
Congratulations Careolso !!! I think your e-cas will be updated few days later. I got email from them on Apr-27 that they received my application and I think not until Apr-29 that my status in e-cas is changed.

calgary_flames

Star Member
Feb 23, 2010
Calgary,Alberta
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-03-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
16-02-2010
Passport Req..
26-04-2010
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2010
accusia said:
hey calgary_flames wats up? u guys got the passport request in apr end and its almost one month now, still u havent got any reply.

why these people are taking that long to return ur wife's passport back? i think ur case is very straight forward? did the visa office ask ur wife for any additional documents after they send the passport request ?

have u ever tried to find out wats going on with your file. i m really looking forward to your case. just by watching your timeline i am also expecting the same things with me.

good luck friend , i hope your wife will get her passport back with visa by next week..
Hi accusia, Our passport was received in New Delhi on May 02/2010 but I am sure they must have done some background checkup between they request the passport and when they received the passport.
My case is very straight forward, I had engagement in Sept and then got married in December. Our wedding was attend by around 1200-1500 people and reception was attended by around 600 people. I heard they look into this stuff as well.
I included my engagement picture, wedding picture,reception pictures and honeymoon picture. We tried to provide all proof that our relationship is genuine.
We did not received any communication from ND after we submitted our passport, my wife sent them an email inquire about a week ago to find out what is going on with our fife.
I hope they will reply with good news. :D