+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

thread for indonesia outland spouse sponsorship application

amina

Mar 17, 2008
Hi, I just want to start thread from indonesia sponsorship to share the time frame. I want to know how fast is the process. My time is sent application 7 january, approved on 28 january and send to singapore 28 january. Is there anyone who still in process or already have experience sponsor from indonesia, please reply ::), thank you.

vonster

Star Member
Jan 5, 2010
Hi there,
I'm an indonesian in Canada and sponsoring my dad now.
I sent my application and received July 2007 and until today still waiting for sponsorship approval.

Is your sponsor in Canada?
Are you married?

amina

Mar 17, 2008
Yes my sponsor is in canada and I married for almost 3 years have 1 son. vonster did you sponsored before to come to canada? if yes how long does it takes? Is there anyone who sponsor spouse from indonesia? please share your time.

charloux

Apr 6, 2010
Hello :)

I am a Canadian citizen sponsoring my Indonesian husband. We were married in August of 09- after knowing each other for only 7 months. We sent in our PR application in late Nov 09, and I was accepted as a Sponsor mid Jan 10 (a little late due to some paper work difficulties). The application was sent to Singapore late January- began processing Jan 27.

I have checked out the processing times for Singapore, and they are fairly long (30% of cases in 5 months - 80% of cases in 15 months). But, that is the way things are.. so I just hope that there are no more glitches in my application!

At the end of this school semester I will also be traveling to Indonesia to be with my husband for a while (depending on the type of Visa I end up with). I have a two way ticket though, which proves my intentions to come back. In addition, I have more schooling to complete here.

Hope everyone else's applications go well!

Charlotte

amina

Mar 17, 2008
Hi charlotte, does your husband get any news from singapore already? while mine since singapore starting on 12 February 2010, until now I have no news no letter nothing from singapore even a letter that stating my application is in process in singapore. I know my file is in process from the e cas that i check. I just scared I miss letter or something from them.Well our file is not much time different with you when it start processing at singapore, I am in the beginning february and you in the end of january. I will keep in touch with you, please update any news you get and i will do too.

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
charloux:

According to this website, you don't need any type of consular visa, and you'll get a 30-day tourist visa in Singapore -- unless you elect to purchase a longer period.

I assumed you would transit through the USA; if your itinerary is different, plug those countries into the spaces and see what comes up.

Check this out:

http://www.timaticweb.com/cgi-bin/tim_website_client.cgi?SpecData=1&VISA=&HEALTH=&page=both&NA=CA&AR=00&TR=US&DE=SG&VT=CA&EM=CA&PASSTYPES=PASS&user=SKYWEB&subuser=SKYWEB1

charloux

Apr 6, 2010
Hello Amina,
Last I heard from CIC was when they approved me as the sponsor, and said that my husbands application was being sent to Singapore. My guess is that my husband will be contacted August.. if not, hopefully I will have been able to get a KITAS from Indonesia- so I can wait it out a bit longer with him. Otherwise, the social cultural visa I have will just last to the end of October!

My brother sponsored his wife (who was Indonesian) a few years ago. It just took them 6 months total - and she did not have to have a interview. My husband may be called for an interview just because of our young age (22), and short courtship time (~6 months). However, we have nothing to hide, so if he does get called in, it should go well.
I will just have to make sure that I am in Canada when he lands! (which no doubt, I will be!!)

Amina - what is your story? Keep me updated on your case!
Thanks

amina

Mar 17, 2008
Hi charlotte, I married with my sponsor for almost 3 years and has 1 son. We apply inland sponsorship before on july 2008 but our file was transferred to local office without approval and local office send letter that our file will be reviewed on august 2011. Then in the middle of waiting, my father got stroke on november, so i go back to indonesia to visit him last november 2009 until now. And we withdraw the inland and apply again the outland on january. our file is in process in singapore since 12 february 2010 and until now i didnt receive any news yet from singapore. Hopefully we will get the result soon, it is hard to live far away from the one that we love, even my other son, (my husband have 1 son from his previous marriage when i marry him) now living with his grandmother and grand father because my husband cannot take care of him by himself. Before we living together happily now we have to be apart with each other. It so sad.
I will keep update of my case.

charloux

Apr 6, 2010
Hello again amina,

so, by now I have received some info from CIC. First, they returned our relationship photos, and second, they requested an RCMP check. For this, we had to send fingerprints to the RCMP, where they could then put them into their system and run checks(?) This process will take between 3-5 months! But, hopefully CIC will be processing other things in the meantime. My husband has no criminal record, so it shouldn't be a worry (just tedious). After the RCMP gets the results, they will forward them to CIC in Singapore.

I will try to keep you updated on any changes!
Please do the same for me! Best of luck!

amina

Mar 17, 2008
Charlotte do we really need finger print for RCMP clearance? I ask my husband to make RCMP clearance for me and he make it without my finger printing. And I send it to singapore already. Do you think singapore will ask more RCMP clearance with fingerprint?

charloux

Apr 6, 2010
hmm,
your case may be somewhat different. It all depends on what they asked for. In our case, the letter we received (just last month-May), requested that my husband gets his fingerprints done at the closest location (so in Jakarta), and that we send them to the RCMP for processing. Then the RCMP will forward the results to Singapore.

stefjun

May 21, 2018
Hi, I just want to start thread from indonesia sponsorship to share the time frame. I want to know how fast is the process. My time is sent application 7 january, approved on 28 january and send to singapore 28 january. Is there anyone who still in process or already have experience sponsor from indonesia, please reply ::), thank you.
hi,my wife is from Indonesia and our application still application on ECAS.I dont know why it takes them so long to review it :(
Our application was received on July 19 2018 but still no update from CIC

Wizard31

Dec 29, 2020
hi,my wife is from Indonesia and our application still application on ECAS.I dont know why it takes them so long to review it :(
Our application was received on July 19 2018 but still no update from CIC
Hi Any update recently? Im planning to sponsor my wife as well. It be nice to see some people on same bought