+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

canindian

Star Member
Sep 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2010
Doc's Request.
06-08-2010
AOR Received.
18-08-2010
File Transfer...
18-08-2010
Med's Done....
20-03-2010
Interview........
10-11-2010 Success!!!!
Passport Req..
14-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2010
LANDED..........
arriving 26-11-2010
@Minku, we are not exactly sure of why the interview is called. We are applying as conjugal partners and I am divorced with a child here in Canada. My MPs office says that it is very much standard practicet to request an interview when the situation gets a little more complicated. We has wind of this last week from the MPs office and have put the requests in for the CAIPS notes. So we have probably saved a week in out request. They should get it tomorrow. So maybe we can still get them. Our hope is that he is able to walk out of the interview with the visa :)

@Boyee, I am so happy for you. I can tell that you are just in a good state of shock! I hope it all works out just the way you are hoping. I'm sure it will!!! See all the hard work and prayers pay off...you are our good luck charm!

B

boyee6576

thanks bhai..

We are very excited and first week of Nov is the longest we are willing to wait. LOL.. I cant believe this hellish nightmare is over. :D

Rocky636

Jan 7, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th May 2010
Doc's Request.
23-August-2010 Asked RPRF & Pics return back
AOR Received.
23-June-10
File Transfer...
18-June-2010
Med's Done....
24-March-2010
Interview........
11-August-2010
Passport Req..
8-July-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-December-2010
LANDED..........
21-January-2011
No Doubt hey......... :p
5th NOV. Diwali Didi ...

B

boyee6576

Canindian.. I had a friend that went to his interview and got approved at the interview. An interview is not doom and gloom. Its just a doubt about something about your relationship you likely can easily clarify. I have heard of a guy that got called for interview and the officer just had a few questions about his address. I was divorced too and have kids. Just relax and take the time to prepare well for your interview. Dont panic this can turn out great! :)

canindian

Star Member
Sep 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2010
Doc's Request.
06-08-2010
AOR Received.
18-08-2010
File Transfer...
18-08-2010
Med's Done....
20-03-2010
Interview........
10-11-2010 Success!!!!
Passport Req..
14-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2010
LANDED..........
arriving 26-11-2010
Thank Boyee! Keep your good wishes coming :)

CanadianPR1

Star Member
Apr 12, 2010
Rahul9997 said:
Thank You so much Guys for your wishes...
Yes My status changed to Decision Made today... Visa Stamped oN 28-09-10, they dispatched it on 30th n i got on 4-10-10...

@ Chinthu,
i hope n pray you get your VISA Very Soon...

Will Pray God For all Visa Awaiting Buddies....

I guess i'll fly in first week of November
Hi rahul,
Do the CIC ND visa office send the passport thru courier or regular post? I need to know if some body has to be at home to collect the package or drop the package..

thanks...

prixit

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/mar/2012
AOR Received.
29/6/2012
Med's Done....
12/mar /2012
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting
My interview is schedule for 18 oct,it might be because i got a refusal before...do u have any idea why have you been called...what docs they have asked you to carry with you at the time

canindian said:
We got our interview date for November 10th! Not sure if I will sleep until it is over and we know where we stand. I am just praying he walks out of the interview with the visa stamp!!!!

canindian

Star Member
Sep 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2010
Doc's Request.
06-08-2010
AOR Received.
18-08-2010
File Transfer...
18-08-2010
Med's Done....
20-03-2010
Interview........
10-11-2010 Success!!!!
Passport Req..
14-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2010
LANDED..........
arriving 26-11-2010
prixit said:
My interview is schedule for 18 oct,it might be because i got a refusal before...do u have any idea why have you been called...what docs they have asked you to carry with you at the time
Hi Prixit, we haven't got the letter from ND yet. We just checked eCAS before I was going to bed (as we do every night!) and the date was there. So we are still trying to figure out what they are looking for. Hopefully it is just a standard, hey, how are you interview (we can only hope). If it is bad we will be totally devastated :(

What did your letter ask for?

knayaka

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27th July 2010
AOR Received.
7th Sept 2010 (Dated 31st Aug)
File Transfer...
31 Aug 2010
Med's Done....
15th May 2010
Passport Req..
26th Sept 2010 (Dated 20th Sept)
VISA ISSUED...
30 Nov 2010 (4 months 3 days total time)
Hello all
New to this thread, but have been around for a while.
A brief history.

I am from south India.

Married in India in 2002 (both were students in USA). Both in USA until 2005. Both highly qualified.

Ontario government offered me a job in 2006, so we came to Canada. Me on work permit, husband (now ex) on TRV with open work permit.
Both applied for PR within Canada under skilled workers category in Feb 2008. My husband was principle applicant (just because he had time to fill the applications, both had equal points). I was added as dependent.

Due to some circumstances, we had to separate in Nov 2008. However, we were still working on reconciliation and were confident we will save the marriage and we decided to leave the PR application in process.

When talks (at family level in India) were still going on for reconciliation, we got PR in June 2009.

In February 2010, we decided talks were not leading and applied for joint divorce in Canada (got it in April 2010). We mentioned the separation date of Nov 2008 in the divorce application.

After we applied for divorce, in March 2010, I (my parents also in India) started looking for a groom for me. Through a matrimonial website, I found this guy, same cast, same native district, also divorced for 2 years.

We chatted through IM, talked for long hours and my parents met him and thought he is a good match. We decided to marry and things were formalized at parents level and we continued to talk for long hours.

Went to India in July and married him just 3 days after landing. It was a small ceremony (200 people) but all rituals were followed and all relatives attended.
Came back to Canada in 10 days (because of job) and applied for sponsorship by the end of July.
Included all the documentation of how the proposal was considered, communication etc.

Went to India again in August and went for Honeymoon trip for 10 days. Sent photos to New Delhi voluntarily.
File in process since 20th Sept and Passport has been sent on 28th sept after PPR.

Things that might work against us
1) As you can see above, in my previous relationship, I separated from my ex husband in Nov 2008 while the PR was in process. However, my husband did not drop me as dependant because we were working on reconciliation. When we received PR we were still legally married but living separately (no separation agreement). However, I had to mention this in my current sponsorship as it asks for both date of separation and divorce from the previous marriage and also on my divorce decree. The fact that I got my PR when I had separated from my husband (but working on reconciliation) can be a problem for me. It is not related to current sponsorship but for sure they will see how I got my PR in the first place. In the hindsight I should have dropped myself from his PR application and should have applied independently (I was already on PR). However, this might have made the already sour relation worse.

2) I decided to get married right after I applied for divorce. (But marriage was only after the divorce decree was delivered. )

3) My current husband and I met each other just 2 days before wedding. We agreed for wedding after his family and my family thought it was a good match and we both liked each other through chat, video chat and phone.
4) No engagement ceremony was held, not mandatory in our custom. The wedding was also small by Indian standards. However, it was second wedding for both, so no pomp.

Things that might work FOR us
1) I am in a well known government job. A consultant told me that if you are in such a good job, you are looked in a positive mood.
2) I did not come to Canada as a PR. I came on workpermit and would have got my PR independently of my ex husband. I was married to my ex for 6 years. This should show that my own PR has nothing to do with my previous marriage and previous marriage is not marriage of convenience (married for 4 years before set foot on Canada).
3) My current husband is also well qualified and divorced. He need not marry me to come to Canada. He is in IT sector with 8 years of experience and easily could have taken on-site assignments in USA if needed. This probably will show IO that he is not marrying me just to come to Canada.
4) No big difference in age (I am 2 years younger than him) both well qualified, same cast and same region.

However, with all being said, I expect at least an interview for my Husband in New Delhi. Given that his file started processing on Sept 20, I would like to know when can I expect interview? I need to when is the right time to order CAIPS notes so that to prepare for the interview.

Any other thoughts about my case are also welcome.

Regards

prixit

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/mar/2012
AOR Received.
29/6/2012
Med's Done....
12/mar /2012
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting
My interview letter asked for funds of my sponser,relationship with sponser,forms and also if any other new imformation.if you want you can also call me once you get your letter...just confirm if you got any refusal application before

canindian said:
Hi Prixit, we haven't got the letter from ND yet. We just checked eCAS before I was going to bed (as we do every night!) and the date was there. So we are still trying to figure out what they are looking for. Hopefully it is just a standard, hey, how are you interview (we can only hope). If it is bad we will be totally devastated :(

What did your letter ask for?

minku9

May 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2010
File Transfer...
24-06-2010
Passport Req..
22-07-2010 (sent July 29)
VISA ISSUED...
22-10-2010 (mailed out on 26-10-2010) recv Oct 28
knayaka said:
Hello all
New to this thread, but have been around for a while.
A brief history.

I am from south India.

Married in India in 2002 (both were students in USA). Both in USA until 2005. Both highly qualified.

Ontario government offered me a job in 2006, so we came to Canada. Me on work permit, husband (now ex) on TRV with open work permit.
Both applied for PR within Canada under skilled workers category in Feb 2008. My husband was principle applicant (just because he had time to fill the applications, both had equal points). I was added as dependent.

Due to some circumstances, we had to separate in Nov 2008. However, we were still working on reconciliation and were confident we will save the marriage and we decided to leave the PR application in process.

When talks (at family level in India) were still going on for reconciliation, we got PR in June 2009.

In February 2010, we decided talks were not leading and applied for joint divorce in Canada (got it in April 2010). We mentioned the separation date of Nov 2008 in the divorce application.

After we applied for divorce, in March 2010, I (my parents also in India) started looking for a groom for me. Through a matrimonial website, I found this guy, same cast, same native district, also divorced for 2 years.

We chatted through IM, talked for long hours and my parents met him and thought he is a good match. We decided to marry and things were formalized at parents level and we continued to talk for long hours.

Went to India in July and married him just 3 days after landing. It was a small ceremony (200 people) but all rituals were followed and all relatives attended.
Came back to Canada in 10 days (because of job) and applied for sponsorship by the end of July.
Included all the documentation of how the proposal was considered, communication etc.

Went to India again in August and went for Honeymoon trip for 10 days. Sent photos to New Delhi voluntarily.
File in process since 20th Sept and Passport has been sent on 28th sept after PPR.

Things that might work against us
1) As you can see above, in my previous relationship, I separated from my ex husband in Nov 2008 while the PR was in process. However, my husband did not drop me as dependant because we were working on reconciliation. When we received PR we were still legally married but living separately (no separation agreement). However, I had to mention this in my current sponsorship as it asks for both date of separation and divorce from the previous marriage and also on my divorce decree. The fact that I got my PR when I had separated from my husband (but working on reconciliation) can be a problem for me. It is not related to current sponsorship but for sure they will see how I got my PR in the first place. In the hindsight I should have dropped myself from his PR application and should have applied independently (I was already on PR). However, this might have made the already sour relation worse.

2) I decided to get married right after I applied for divorce. (But marriage was only after the divorce decree was delivered. )

3) My current husband and I met each other just 2 days before wedding. We agreed for wedding after his family and my family thought it was a good match and we both liked each other through chat, video chat and phone.
4) No engagement ceremony was held, not mandatory in our custom. The wedding was also small by Indian standards. However, it was second wedding for both, so no pomp.

Things that might work FOR us
1) I am in a well known government job. A consultant told me that if you are in such a good job, you are looked in a positive mood.
2) I did not come to Canada as a PR. I came on workpermit and would have got my PR independently of my ex husband. I was married to my ex for 6 years. This should show that my own PR has nothing to do with my previous marriage and previous marriage is not marriage of convenience (married for 4 years before set foot on Canada).
3) My current husband is also well qualified and divorced. He need not marry me to come to Canada. He is in IT sector with 8 years of experience and easily could have taken on-site assignments in USA if needed. This probably will show IO that he is not marrying me just to come to Canada.
4) No big difference in age (I am 2 years younger than him) both well qualified, same cast and same region.

However, with all being said, I expect at least an interview for my Husband in New Delhi. Given that his file started processing on Sept 20, I would like to know when can I expect interview? I need to when is the right time to order CAIPS notes so that to prepare for the interview.

Any other thoughts about my case are also welcome.

Regards
You are contemplating variables and circumstances that have NOT yet occurred! It seems u have a good understanding of the process and are prepared for whatever CHC ND throws at you...however, until it happens just stray-away from negatives! My 2 cents....

minku9

May 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2010
File Transfer...
24-06-2010
Passport Req..
22-07-2010 (sent July 29)
VISA ISSUED...
22-10-2010 (mailed out on 26-10-2010) recv Oct 28
p.s. definitely order CAIPS...good luck!

canindian

Star Member
Sep 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2010
Doc's Request.
06-08-2010
AOR Received.
18-08-2010
File Transfer...
18-08-2010
Med's Done....
20-03-2010
Interview........
10-11-2010 Success!!!!
Passport Req..
14-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2010
LANDED..........
arriving 26-11-2010
prixit said:
My interview letter asked for funds of my sponser,relationship with sponser,forms and also if any other new imformation.if you want you can also call me once you get your letter...just confirm if you got any refusal application before
This is our first PR application. My hubby did have his tourist visa denied. But nothing this big....

sim85

Star Member
Sep 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadianPR1 said:
my spouse's ecas also updated as:
"
We started processing your application on August 27, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.
"
hey congratulations !! Could u plz tell us the whole timeline of your application. I mean the date when you sent ur file to CIC, Mississauga..and later the date wen ur spouse got the passport request??

GodLover

Oct 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2010
File Transfer...
17-09-2010
Passport Req..
Oct 29
Guys I have my application sitting in ND since Sep 17th,2010, the time they started processing.I see almost everyone got PPR in 2 weeks and for my wife it's close to month and no news yet.Is anyone else here in the same boat?