+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

B

boyee6576

I think it was about 4 to 6 weeks from the date of the letter requesting an interview. Dont panic about the interview. When you go there just speak the truth. When they ask you questions about your relationtionship, dont hesitate when you answer. Dont panic, just be calm and cool and take this time to prepare and ready to prove your relationship. They asked for my divorce papers also, but they asked for that after we already got the date for the interview. If you need any preping just give me a message I will do my best to give you a hand. Dont panic. Just beause you have an interview coming doesnt mean doom and gloom. I know many who have gone through interview and got the visa. Hang in there.

canindian

Star Member
Sep 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2010
Doc's Request.
06-08-2010
AOR Received.
18-08-2010
File Transfer...
18-08-2010
Med's Done....
20-03-2010
Interview........
10-11-2010 Success!!!!
Passport Req..
14-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2010
LANDED..........
arriving 26-11-2010
Thanks Boyee, it does feel a bit doomy and gloomy at the moment....we are trying to hang in! We have no trouble telling anyone our story, it's quite romantic. But if the visa officer has it in their heads that they don't like it...well then you're swimming uphill herding cats!

I would just like him to walk out of the interview with the stamp as we are really hoping that we can celebrate Christmas as a family this year. Hopefully that is not completely out of the question. I'm just not sure why the interview date is taking so long!

ohohogirl

Star Member
Aug 10, 2010
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-NOV-2010
Doc's Request.
NON
AOR Received.
15-DEC-2010
Interview........
18-APR-2011
Passport Req..
10-JAN-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-APR-2011
LANDED..........
3-MAY-2011(HAPPY HAPPY ENDING)
little question.

is PPR means that they are going to give sponsored person a visa to land and after he landed he can get PR card right away?

thank you and wish everyone's have a good halloween!

B

boyee6576

To my knowledge, they send you a PPR but it doesnt mean that you are getting the visa. Delhi asks for the passport pretty early in the process, where some visa offices ask for your passport when they are ready to issue. The PR card to my understanding, arrives about 30 days after you land.

ohohogirl

Star Member
Aug 10, 2010
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-NOV-2010
Doc's Request.
NON
AOR Received.
15-DEC-2010
Interview........
18-APR-2011
Passport Req..
10-JAN-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-APR-2011
LANDED..........
3-MAY-2011(HAPPY HAPPY ENDING)
thank you boyee6576.

so I guess average processing time in this thread for getting PR card seems like about 3-5 months here. is it right??

have a wanderful day!!

Vish

Sep 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2011
File Transfer...
01-02-2011
Med's Done....
13-12-2010
Passport Req..
23-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made on Apr 9, 2011
Dear all,

I am getting married next month in India. In last two months, I have crazily been busy gathering all documents and still going on. I have been following this forum for about 2 months now and it seems like a virtual family to me. It has been so helpful and supportive that I do not feel alone going through this just myself but still sometimes when I think about coming back Canada alone after wedding I start feeling sad.Even though we have all kinds of proofs and documents to support our application, I am still very nervous and stressed. Because of this stress, I am not able to enjoy this feeling that I am going to marry the person I love more than any thing in my life. I can understand the pain of everyone here but we have to hang in and support each other like a family. God bless everyone and May god fulfill everyone's wish as soon as possible. Best regards....Vish

P.S.> Is there anyone in Ottawa?

B

boyee6576

Hi Vish

I went to India and married my husband. I know exactly how you feel. After spending 6 amazing weeks with my husband and travelling around Delhi I didnt want to leave. To be honest we cried more the last week I was there then we smiled. Its like there is a black cloud hanging over you and you know that even though you are enjoying being together, eventually you have to go back alone. Leaving him behind was the hardest thing I had ever had to do. I didnt know how I was going to make my feet get on the plane. I went in the airport and waited for my flight. I was crying and filled with panic and regret. I just wanted to go back to him. I searched my bag to see if I had any rupees to call him to come get me cause I just couldnt bare it, but there was no money in my carry on it was in my other bags. I was devasted, and he was back at the hotel room crying. We applied for spousal for him to come, got rejected and went through an appeal. Now we are waiting for him to get his passport back with the visa inside. :)My point in telling you this is, we got through it even though it was so very very hard, we were extremely determined and refused to give up. You will get through it too. Its a tough process but true love is strong and you WILL do what it takes to be together.

minku9

May 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2010
File Transfer...
24-06-2010
Passport Req..
22-07-2010 (sent July 29)
VISA ISSUED...
22-10-2010 (mailed out on 26-10-2010) recv Oct 28
boyee6576 said:
Hi Vish

I went to India and married my husband. I know exactly how you feel. After spending 6 amazing weeks with my husband and travelling around Delhi I didnt want to leave. To be honest we cried more the last week I was there then we smiled. Its like there is a black cloud hanging over you and you know that even though you are enjoying being together, eventually you have to go back alone. Leaving him behind was the hardest thing I had ever had to do. I didnt know how I was going to make my feet get on the plane. I went in the airport and waited for my flight. I was crying and filled with panic and regret. I just wanted to go back to him. I searched my bag to see if I had any rupees to call him to come get me cause I just couldnt bare it, but there was no money in my carry on it was in my other bags. I was devasted, and he was back at the hotel room crying. We applied for spousal for him to come, got rejected and went through an appeal. Now we are waiting for him to get his passport back with the visa inside. :)My point in telling you this is, we got through it even though it was so very very hard, we were extremely determined and refused to give up. You will get through it too. Its a tough process but true love is strong and you WILL do what it takes to be together.
Soon enough, soon enough....nothing stays static forever....you guys have been long due, good luck!

Vish

Sep 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2011
File Transfer...
01-02-2011
Med's Done....
13-12-2010
Passport Req..
23-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made on Apr 9, 2011
boyee6576 said:
Hi Vish

Thanks boyee6576,
You have been so encouraging and supportive to everyone here. Your posts fill us with confidence and make us stronger every time. I wish you the best and hope your husband joins you at the earliest. Happy Thanksgiving...Best regards..Vish

sanyrog

Sep 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2010
AOR Received.
27-09-2010
File Transfer...
04-10-2010
Med's Done....
31-05-2010
Passport Req..
02-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
15-3-2011 rec on 23-3-2011
LANDED..........
28-3-2011
I understand and totally accept. It really hurts when u gotta be away from ur spouse for so long :( And that too, when u dono exactly when ur going to go. Atleast if we have some definite time, we can make up our mind. But here, in this case, even though we have all genuine proofs and stuff, we cant be sure of PR visa until we get it stamped :( gotta wait wait wait.............

adihanda

Jul 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2010
Doc's Request.
08-01-2011 (FBI again requested)
AOR Received.
20-10-2010
File Transfer...
20-10-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Passport Req..
07-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
31-01-2011
LANDED..........
10-02-2011 (Expected)
boyee6576

I am so touched by your story. I am away from my wife and just like you when she was boarding the flight i was running around here and there. I never wanted her to go but life has some other ways than we think it is. I feel so bad when i saw that you guys had to appeal. I just wanna what was the reason for not allowing you to be together, why genuine relationships like these cannot be understood by the embassy.

I pray to god that u be with ur husband ASAP and be happy forever.

canindian

Star Member
Sep 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2010
Doc's Request.
06-08-2010
AOR Received.
18-08-2010
File Transfer...
18-08-2010
Med's Done....
20-03-2010
Interview........
10-11-2010 Success!!!!
Passport Req..
14-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2010
LANDED..........
arriving 26-11-2010
We got our interview date for November 10th! Not sure if I will sleep until it is over and we know where we stand. I am just praying he walks out of the interview with the visa stamp!!!!

minku9

May 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2010
File Transfer...
24-06-2010
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
canindian said:
We got our interview date for November 10th! Not sure if I will sleep until it is over and we know where we stand. I am just praying he walks out of the interview with the visa stamp!!!!
Dont worry you guys will be fine, any idea why they have requested an interview?? Too late for CAIPS notes now, good luck!

minku9

May 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2010
File Transfer...
24-06-2010
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
boyee6576 said:
:eek: Ecas says medicals received and decision made.. is it over?
Wicket!!!! It is over indeed, you can start the countdown now! Good luck for your future! ;D :D