+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
May 6, 2011 ( CSE EMAIL )
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2011 ( Received May 28 )
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
Re: JP or Notary public?

rrv said:
Hi all,

Please advice me whether I should get the supporting documents attested by a JP (Justice of Peace) or they needs to be notarized by a notary public?

Thanks for your kind help!
What kind of documents?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Hello everyone,

I have got a letter from embassy asking for my old passport which i not sent which was expired.
The date of birth was mentioned incorrect in my old passport and the address mentioned in that old passport was not mentioned while filing application for PR.

Now I had made an affidavit stating that the old passport had incorrect date of birth and when passport was renewed the date of birth was corrected and its stamped by notary public.

What should I do about the address which was mentioned in my old passport which I have not mentioned while filing the application?

They have also asked for proof of my travel history. I have never been outside India so what should I say?

What do you guys have to say about it? Please assist.......... thanks in advance!

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
Since you did not send your PP they have asked for Travel History, you ALWAYS need to send old and new PP.
Just send them what they have asked, they will know once they see the PP that you did not travel.

Address on PP has nothing to do with your PP app.

brin

Nov 24, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17-2011
Doc's Request.
Apr 10-2011
AOR Received.
Mar 24-2011
File Transfer...
Mar 21-2011
Interview........
June-28-2011
Passport Req..
Apr-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
July-05-2011
LANDED..........
ETA: Aug-05-2011
thecoolguysam said:
Hello everyone,

I have got a letter from embassy asking for my old passport which i not sent which was expired.
The date of birth was mentioned incorrect in my old passport and the address mentioned in that old passport was not mentioned while filing application for PR.
Now I had made an affidavit stating that the old passport had incorrect date of birth and when passport was renewed the date of birth was corrected and its stamped by notary public.
What should I do about the address which was mentioned in my old passport which I have not mentioned while filing the application?

What do you guys have to say about it? Please assist.......... thanks in advance!
I think u should disclose your previous address and explain u forgot to mention it(address on a passport? really? that's new to me!)
They probably might over look it...but just in case they notice it and find out u didn't mention it in the application then they might get curious...provided ur date of birth was also wrong in the passport! I'm sure u don't want to take chances!...
Don't want to scare u...but why didn't u send ur old passport? If I was a VO, I will def get suspicious when I open ur old passport to find that ur details weren't correct and you didn't send the old one with the first req!

But relax...not like u traveld around with a fake passport! so...just send whatever u hv to..and be truthful...!

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
@Brin, IND PP have a stupid address on the last page....And i agree, once you don send a old PP it is a red flag whether you forget it or not as i believe the PPR letter states send Old/New PP.
Address in the PP does not need to match where you currently reside, BUT address needs to be in the forms the applicant fills " address in last 10 years ", if it is a mismatch, again Trouble.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
the old pasisport was issued in 1993 and expired in 2003. the address was mentioned at that point of time. It has been more than 10 years i.e. around 18 years.
I did not mentioned the address as it was not required because in the background declaration form they have questions as follows thus there was no need for me to quote that address:

1. List all addresses where you have lived since your 18th Birthday. Do not use PO box addresses?

2. Provide the details about your personal history since the age of 18.
Start with the most recent information, Under activity with your occupation, or job title if you were working, If you were not working, provide information on what you were doing,(for eg. unemployed, studying, travelling, in detention etc)

the current valid passport has proper valid address which is also mentioned in application.

What you guys have to say about it?

fprince said:
@ Brin, IND PP have a stupid address on the last page....And i agree, once you don send a old PP it is a red flag whether you forget it or not as i believe the PPR letter states send Old/New PP.
Address in the PP does not need to match where you currently reside, BUT address needs to be in the forms the applicant fills " address in last 10 years ", if it is a mismatch, again Trouble.

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
I SAID THE CURRENT PASSPORT ADDRESS WILL BE LISTED SOMEWHERE IN THE APPLICATION AS THE PASSPORT EXPIRES IN 10 YEARS.

brin

Nov 24, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17-2011
Doc's Request.
Apr 10-2011
AOR Received.
Mar 24-2011
File Transfer...
Mar 21-2011
Interview........
June-28-2011
Passport Req..
Apr-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
July-05-2011
LANDED..........
thecoolguysam said:
the old pasisport was issued in 1993 and the address was mentioned at that point of time. It has been more than 10 years i.e. around 18 years. What you guys have to say about it?
I can't quite recall!! :-[

Someone correct me if I am wrong...

They ask for addresses since u were 18 yrs old (redsided more than 6 mnths) don't they?
If that was the case, and u were younger than 18 ( ;)) when that ppt was issued..then no reason to worry abt it!!!!

FebPR

Star Member
Mar 23, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2011
AOR Received.
31-03-2011
File Transfer...
23-03-2011
Med's Done....
13-01-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-06-2011
They ask for addresses since the age of 18. and a police clearance certificate if you have stayed in a country for more than 6 months.

Now let's say within India, you stayed 1 year in New Delhi and 2 years in Bangalore, will you need 2 police certificates as there are 2 addresses with more than 6 months. I would say yes, as the police clearance certificate is based on information maintained by Districit Information Bureau and they are separate for states in India.

Cheers!!
brin said:
I can quite recall!! :-[

Someone correct me if I am wrong...

They ask for addresses since u were 18 yrs old (redsided more than 6 mnths) don't they?
If that was the case, and u were younger than 18 ( ;)) when that ppt was issued..then no reason to worry abt it!!!!

brin

Nov 24, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17-2011
Doc's Request.
Apr 10-2011
AOR Received.
Mar 24-2011
File Transfer...
Mar 21-2011
Interview........
June-28-2011
Passport Req..
Apr-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
July-05-2011
LANDED..........
FebPR said:
They ask for addresses since the age of 18. and a police clearance certificate if you have stayed in a country for more than 6 months.

Now let's say within India, you stayed 1 year in New Delhi and 2 years in Bangalore, will you need 2 police certificates as there are 2 addresses with more than 6 months. I would say yes, as the police clearance certificate is based on information maintained by Districit Information Bureau and they are separate for states in India.

Cheers!!
FebPr...!!! :(
My husband has lived in diff states throught his school and college days in India...but when he went to get a PC, the police office had told him he doesn't have to travel to diff states and all he needs is a PC from where he resides currently!!! Pls tell me they were correct!!!
So far ND hasn't asked my husband for any new PC or anything...So..hoping it's ok!

That's a little insane though...It took abt a mnth and a half to get a PC from Chennai....if they want PC from diff states then he should have resigned his job and travelled around India collecting PC's!!!! :eek:

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
brin said:
FebPr...!!! :(
My husband has lived in diff states throught his school and college days in India...but when he went to get a PC, the police office had told him he doesn't have to travel to diff states and all he needs is a PC from where he resides currently!!! Pls tell me they were correct!!!
So far ND hasn't asked my husband for any new PC or anything...So..hoping it's ok!

That's a little insane though...It took abt a mnth and a half to get a PC from Chennai....if they want PC from diff states then he should have resigned his job and travelled around India collecting PC's!!!! :eek:
NO Guys, chill

You only need a PCC from an other country if you live for more than 6 months..ex 6 months in Aus and 6 months in NZ..you need 2.

If you live in Chennai& Banglore - You only need 1 , i am 100% sure. In India it is only one PCC. 8)

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
yes that is correct.
and i also do not need to worry about the address in my old passport because it was mentioned when i was just 11 years old and embassy asks the info after 18th year.

i am realaxe
what you guys have to say about my affidavit for date of birth correction.

fprince said:
NO Guys, chill

You only need a PCC from an other country if you live for more than 6 months..ex 6 months in Aus and 6 months in NZ..you need 2.

If you live in Chennai& Banglore - You only need 1 , i am 100% sure. In India it is only one PCC. 8)

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
Ok in my wifey case.

She applied for her PCC In Banglore ( she was living there ) and the address on the PP was trichy, Tamil Nadu ( native )

She got the PCC in a Day from Banglore.

brin

Nov 24, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17-2011
Doc's Request.
Apr 10-2011
AOR Received.
Mar 24-2011
File Transfer...
Mar 21-2011
Interview........
June-28-2011
Passport Req..
Apr-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
July-05-2011
LANDED..........
fprince said:
NO Guys, chill

Thanks fprince!!!! so relieved!!! I think this topic came up earlier too! but FebPR....u shook my confidence!!! :p