+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

manisha10

May 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7-4-2011
AOR Received.
18-5-2011
File Transfer...
11-5-2011
Med's Done....
26-1-2011
Interview........
Waived :)
Passport Req..
6-6-2011 Passport rcvd at ND- 12-7-2011
VISA ISSUED...
16-8-2011
LANDED..........
20-9-2011
This link very clearly states that TRV's can apply for spousal PR inland..
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5289E10.asp

Actually, I am pressing on this fact cos wen I was to file my papers, the immigration consultant gave me the option of applying inland or outland.. N the consultant is an indian by birth.. I do agree that lying could create an issue later which no one wants... In my case, the visa was granted an yr bfr we gt married .. I used an invi letter frm my husband's parents saying I am their friend's daughter.. I hope this is not a red flag!!!

fprince said:
As per my knowledge.
If applicant is on a work/study permit in Canada yes you can apply Inland.
A visitor to Canada can not apply Inland, you can only apply inland if you are in living in Canada for the last 12 months.

You can Visit Canada a million times if you have a TRV but you can not file Inland within Canada.

A TRV is given to a applicant who can prove she will leave Canada within 6 months, if your hubby is in Canada the chances of you getting a TRV from India is 5% as they do know there is no reason for you to return and if your PR is declined you will not leave Canada and stay in the country and apply on compassionate ground, hence the reason to decline TRV.

Again if you applied from US your chances are much higher to get a TRV.

DNT2003

Jan 24, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI <br>Type of App....: SPOUSAL-WIFE<br>YEAR IS..........:[b] 2011[/b]<br>Applicant City..: Surat, Gujarat<br>Med's Done.....: 17-FEB[br]0 Day
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-FEB [br]6 Days<br>Rcvd. by CPC-M.: 24-FEB [br]7 Days[br]Decision Made.: 23-MAR [br]35 Days
File Transfer...
23-MAR [br]35 Days[br]AOR Received.: 31-MAR[br]43 Days[br]ND Received File.: 05-APR [br]48 Days[br]CSE#1 Sent to ND.: 18-MAY[br]90 Days[br]CSE#1 Reply Received.: NONE[br]CSE#2 Sent to ND.: 11-JUN[br]CSE#2 Reply Received.: NONE[br]eCAS In Process..: 16-JUN[br]119 Days
Passport Req..
[br]28-JUN[br]132 Days[br]Passport Sent..: 02-JUL[br][color=blue]PassportRX-ND..: 04-JUL[/color]
VISA ISSUED...
[glow=RED,2,300]145+ Days & counting... since Med's[/glow][br]
LANDED..........
Not Yet, but <br>Expected Date.: inshallah very soon!!!
I hope its not a problem, if they ask anything you can simply say we met and liked each others.. so decided to marry.. I hope they can accept this simple answer... provided the cards are in your favour...

DNT2003

manisha10 said:

Actually, I am pressing on this fact cos wen I was to file my papers, the immigration consultant gave me the option of applying inland or outland.. N the consultant is an indian by birth.. I do agree that lying could create an issue later which no one wants... In my case, the visa was granted an yr bfr we gt married .. I used an invi letter frm my husband's parents saying I am their friend's daughter.. I hope this is not a red flag!!!

DNT2003

Jan 24, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI <br>Type of App....: SPOUSAL-WIFE<br>YEAR IS..........:[b] 2011[/b]<br>Applicant City..: Surat, Gujarat<br>Med's Done.....: 17-FEB[br]0 Day
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-FEB [br]6 Days<br>Rcvd. by CPC-M.: 24-FEB [br]7 Days[br]Decision Made.: 23-MAR [br]35 Days
File Transfer...
23-MAR [br]35 Days[br]AOR Received.: 31-MAR[br]43 Days[br]ND Received File.: 05-APR [br]48 Days[br]CSE#1 Sent to ND.: 18-MAY[br]90 Days[br]CSE#1 Reply Received.: NONE[br]CSE#2 Sent to ND.: 11-JUN[br]CSE#2 Reply Received.: NONE[br]eCAS In Process..: 16-JUN[br]119 Days
Passport Req..
[br]28-JUN[br]132 Days[br]Passport Sent..: 02-JUL[br][color=blue]PassportRX-ND..: 04-JUL[/color]
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Ok its the time of the day again.. everyone have a good evening... and I hope we hear some good news soon... I gotta get the spark plugs changed on my car..I'm out until late at night as usual :)

ND has been sleeping lately...

Is it gonna be this weekend when the GIANT wakes up?

DNT2003

manisha10

May 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7-4-2011
AOR Received.
18-5-2011
File Transfer...
11-5-2011
Med's Done....
26-1-2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
16-8-2011
LANDED..........
20-9-2011
But we knw each other since 3 years.. N we mentioned on the forms that my husband proposed to me in feb 2009.. I was thinking if this question comes up, I could say his parents wanted to meet me bfr finalizing the alliance.. Would this answer be ok ??
DNT2003 said:
I hope its not a problem, if they ask anything you can simply say we met and liked each others.. so decided to marry.. I hope they can accept this simple answer... provided the cards are in your favour...

DNT2003

brin

Nov 24, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17-2011
Doc's Request.
Apr 10-2011
AOR Received.
Mar 24-2011
File Transfer...
Mar 21-2011
Interview........
June-28-2011
Passport Req..
Apr-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
July-05-2011
LANDED..........
ETA: Aug-05-2011
manisha10 said:
But we knw each other since 3 years.. N we mentioned on the forms that my husband proposed to me in feb 2009.. I was thinking if this question comes up, I could say his parents wanted to meet me bfr finalizing the alliance.. Would this answer be ok ??
Manisha...I would say don't worry too much abt it....u did not stay back in Canada illegally for them to ask u why u lied!!! u applied before u were legally married..and weayjer or not u were engaged or in a relationship does not really matter to them. You say what u hv planned if at all they question u....but I doubt that they'll even bring it up...the focus would be on how genuine ur marriage is!!!

FebPR

Star Member
Mar 23, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2011
AOR Received.
31-03-2011
File Transfer...
23-03-2011
Med's Done....
13-01-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-06-2011
I second Fprince. Don't take any chances with CHC-New Delhi. She has to go anyway to India so that she can submit the passport. If they find any question in your file it goes to queue and adds to your processing time.

Cheers!!!

fprince said:
To add one more new point, application for TRV to CHC ND needs a invitation letter from the Canadian invitee stating the reason for inviting the other person.
So when you say Fiancee, chances are its gonna be declined.
When you say Friend, chances are she might get the TRV but when you file the papers for PR they will know that you had lied on the TRV by not mentioning she is your Fiancee.

I wouldn't take this risk with CHC ND...PR is the ultimate goal, can not screw your chances with that.

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
May 6, 2011 ( CSE EMAIL )
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2011 ( Received May 28 )
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
manisha10 said:

I still do not understand this, you can only apply to the visa office where you have lived for the last 12 months or they will forward the file there. In any case i think file will be forwarded to India as you you have not lived in Canada for the last 12 months. If this was the case NO ONE will file outland, why miss the wife when i can have her here by my side on a TRV and file inland?

In any case, in the link you provided there is a WARNING which is APPLICABLE to Indian Citizens or most as us have to Leave the country within 6 months as a Visitor or say your Visitor Visa is just valid for 1 year.
No idea abt the validity of a Canadian Visa from CHC ND, think it is 6 months.

Warning: If you leave Canada before permanent residence is approved there is no guarantee that you will be allowed to return or re-enter Canada. This is especially true if you require a visitor visa. Your application may be refused or delayed if you no longer have temporary resident status to qualify as a member of the Spouse or Common-law partner in Canada class.

Your responsibility

It is your responsibility to ensure that your temporary resident status remains valid until you receive permanent resident status. When you leave Canada, you relinquish your temporary resident status and may not be able to return to Canada. ( I do know that u can extend but during that time if file was transfered to ND and a PPR was issued, you would still need to go to India )

and no that is not a flag ..it was 1 year before.

gwalyat

Aug 29, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC, NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8APRIL 2011
File Transfer...
19MAY 2011 (REC BY ND)
Interview........
6SEP 2011
Passport Req..
7JUNE 2011
VISA ISSUED...
DECISION MADE 11JULY 2012 PP REC...........: 14JULY2012
LANDED..........
20JULY 2012
hi manisha i have sent u a private message plz check ur inbox.........thx

rrv

Star Member
Jun 4, 2011
JP or Notary public?

Hi all,

Please advice me whether I should get the supporting documents attested by a JP (Justice of Peace) or they needs to be notarized by a notary public?

Thanks for your kind help!

manisha10

May 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7-4-2011
AOR Received.
18-5-2011
File Transfer...
11-5-2011
Med's Done....
26-1-2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
16-8-2011
LANDED..........
20-9-2011
hope thats the way it turns out to be.. as far as genuineness is concerned, i am nt worrying abt it..

brin said:
Manisha...I would say don't worry too much abt it....u did not stay back in Canada illegally for them to ask u why u lied!!! u applied before u were legally married..and weayjer or not u were engaged or in a relationship does not really matter to them. You say what u hv planned if at all they question u....but I doubt that they'll even bring it up...the focus would be on how genuine ur marriage is!!!

manisha10

May 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7-4-2011
AOR Received.
18-5-2011
File Transfer...
11-5-2011
Med's Done....
26-1-2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
16-8-2011
LANDED..........
20-9-2011
I see ur point..it is a possibility that the file is transferred to ND.. its totally upto CIC and they are weird!!!

As far as visitor visa is concerned, my mom gt it just for 3 months!!! Can u believe it??? all that prep and else for a 3 month visa !!! and the cherry on the cake, it was a multiple entry visa.. as if my mom was goin to come here every month.. We as third world citizens are really given a harsh treatment.. they treat each one of us as potential immigrant.. as far as getting it from US is concerned, I agree it was pretty easy.. they did nt even bother to open my employer's letter and most of the documents came back sealed as they were sent!!!

fprince said:
I still do not understand this, you can only apply to the visa office where you have lived for the last 12 months or they will forward the file there. In any case i think file will be forwarded to India as you you have not lived in Canada for the last 12 months. If this was the case NO ONE will file outland, why miss the wife when i can have her here by my side on a TRV and file inland?

In any case, in the link you provided there is a WARNING which is APPLICABLE to Indian Citizens or most as us have to Leave the country within 6 months as a Visitor or say your Visitor Visa is just valid for 1 year.
No idea abt the validity of a Canadian Visa from CHC ND, think it is 6 months.

Warning: If you leave Canada before permanent residence is approved there is no guarantee that you will be allowed to return or re-enter Canada. This is especially true if you require a visitor visa. Your application may be refused or delayed if you no longer have temporary resident status to qualify as a member of the Spouse or Common-law partner in Canada class.

Your responsibility

It is your responsibility to ensure that your temporary resident status remains valid until you receive permanent resident status. When you leave Canada, you relinquish your temporary resident status and may not be able to return to Canada. ( I do know that u can extend but during that time if file was transfered to ND and a PPR was issued, you would still need to go to India )

and no that is not a flag ..it was 1 year before.

manisha10

May 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7-4-2011
AOR Received.
18-5-2011
File Transfer...
11-5-2011
Med's Done....
26-1-2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
16-8-2011
LANDED..........
20-9-2011
i did and replied back ..

gwalyat said:
hi manisha i have sent u a private message plz check ur inbox.........thx

gwalyat

Aug 29, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC, NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8APRIL 2011
File Transfer...
19MAY 2011 (REC BY ND)
Interview........
6SEP 2011
Passport Req..
7JUNE 2011
VISA ISSUED...
DECISION MADE 11JULY 2012 PP REC...........: 14JULY2012
LANDED..........
20JULY 2012
thx for tht n i ve sent u 1more msg
manisha10 said:
i did and replied back ..

DNT2003

Jan 24, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Good Thursday monring everyone... How is everyone doing? No much going on today....

DNT2003

gagansingh

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2011
Girmi said:
does anyone who if Air India from Toronto to Amritsar flight has a stop over to New Delhi before landing Amritsar ? Its telling me online that it doesnt but heard from agent saying there is a stop over which i dont want. I would prefer direct flight to Amritsar to save time.

Please let me know anyone who knows about this. Thanks
as far as my knowledge...there is...or u can take a flight from ASR and come to DEL...and from there on DEL to YYZ...i guess it's flight AI 188 or AI 187...