+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

DNT2003

Jan 24, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI <br>Type of App....: SPOUSAL-WIFE<br>YEAR IS..........:[b] 2011[/b]<br>Applicant City..: Surat, Gujarat<br>Med's Done.....: 17-FEB[br]0 Day
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-FEB [br]6 Days<br>Rcvd. by CPC-M.: 24-FEB [br]7 Days[br]Decision Made.: 23-MAR [br]35 Days
File Transfer...
23-MAR [br]35 Days[br]AOR Received.: 31-MAR[br]43 Days[br]ND Received File.: 05-APR [br]48 Days[br]CSE#1 Sent to ND.: 18-MAY[br]90 Days[br]CSE#1 Reply Received.: NONE[br]CSE#2 Sent to ND.: 11-JUN[br]CSE#2 Reply Received.: NONE[br]eCAS In Process..: 16-JUN[br]119 Days
Passport Req..
[br]28-JUN[br]132 Days[br]Passport Sent..: 02-JUL[br][color=blue]PassportRX-ND..: 04-JUL[/color]
VISA ISSUED...
[glow=RED,2,300]145+ Days & counting... since Med's[/glow][br]
LANDED..........
Not Yet, but <br>Expected Date.: inshallah very soon!!!
I will answer this before I go,

I have FIDO and MOBILICITY and I have seen reports of WIND.

WIND is not great when it comes to reception because they are aiming for NATIONAL coverage

CITY is aiming for CITY coverage.

Depending on you usage... if you are someone who travels outside the city (Far as Pickering Line... End of Sauga... End of Brampton... end of Lake Ontario..) then you need WIND as it will cover you with their network reception... have heard of problems around buildings and some places.. underground etc.etc..

I have experience with CITY and I like it cuz I'm on the phone more than 8 hours per day with my wife, and no trouble with reception in the city because they have a strong network when it comes to LOCAL CITY. but if you travel just outside east end... I went as far as port union.. and then slowly slowly.. the signal fades.. and now you are on ROAMING, but good thing its only $0.15/minute.. even if you are in USA.

If you are only gonna use it in Scarborough and the area.. go for CITY... else other options are more appearling... also think about CHATR its just a sister of ROGERS / FIDO.

anyways you all have a good evening.. I'm out....

DNT2003
fprince said:
DNT..the techie guy.
How do you rate the reception of wind/mobilicity in Scarborough?
I bet u have more info on this..

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
May 6, 2011 ( CSE EMAIL )
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2011 ( Received May 28 )
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
DNT2003 said:

WIND is not great when it comes to reception because they are aiming for NATIONAL coverage

Depending on you usage... if you are someone who travels outside the city (Far as Pickering Line... End of Sauga... End of Brampton... end of Lake Ontario..) then you need WIND as it will cover you with their network reception... have heard of problems around buildings and some places.. underground etc.etc..

I have experience with CITY and I like it cuz I'm on the phone more than 8 hours per day with my wife, and no trouble with reception in the city because they have a strong network when it comes to LOCAL CITY. but if you travel just outside east end... I went as far as port union.. and then slowly slowly.. the signal fades.. and now you are on ROAMING, but good thing its only $0.15/minute.. even if you are in USA.

If you are only gonna use it in Scarborough and the area.. go for CITY... else other options are more appearling... also think about CHATR its just a sister of ROGERS / FIDO.

DNT2003
My man, thanks for the indepth analysis.
This is for her and will be used inside GTA, reason i need CITY is due to the 20$/unlimited to India as she will be home and will be calling India often, Chatr will not work as they dont have that plan.
So i will go for mobilicity for now..if it works inside Scar.Toronto all is well.

cdngrl

Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011
AOR Received.
16-03-2011
File Transfer...
16-03-2011 File Received 28-03-2011
Med's Done....
06-02-2011
Passport Req..
07-04-2011 Recd on 02-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
19-05-2011 Recd on 03-06-2011
LANDED..........
24-06-2011
DNT2003 said:

DNT2003
Wow! atleast 8 hrs a day with the wife! I`m so jealous... lol... we`re lucky if we get half of that time everyday...

It`s good to know that there are others that talk with their spouses that long. I usually get weird looks when I tell people I talk with my spouse for hours

bc_karan

May 7, 2011
FebPR said:
No update for me as well. They have my passport for 4 weeks now.

You are almost there. You will get the passport anytime. 3 months is a long time for them to hold the passport.

Good luck to you.
@ FebPR

They have my wife's PP for 5 weeks now and eCAS still says "Application Received", hoping we hear something soon, our timelines are pretty close to each other.

meateater

Mar 21, 2011
cdngrl said:
Wow! atleast 8 hrs a day with the wife! I`m so jealous... lol... we`re lucky if we get half of that time everyday...

It`s good to know that there are others that talk with their spouses that long. I usually get weird looks when I tell people I talk with my spouse for hours
Lol, count me in too ... day/night doesnt matter, doesnt matter what hour.. all you do is the talking for hours :p ..

I dunno if i made any sense :D

asurania

Star Member
Feb 2, 2011
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-29-2010 (Lost) Resubmitted 16-02-2011
Doc's Request.
16-03-2011
AOR Received.
28-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-02-2011
Med's Done....
November 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-2011
LANDED..........
26-07-2011
fprince said:
This is for her and will be used inside GTA, reason i need CITY is due to the 20$/unlimited to India as she will be home and will be calling India often, Chatr will not work as they dont have that plan.
So i will go for mobilicity for now..if it works inside Scar.Toronto all is well.

So let me get this straight she needs the orginial marriage certificate....thank god she has nikha certificate and alberta marriage ceritficate with her....

I got my wify a Iphone - where its collecting dust till she gets here on june 30

booked her on jet airways to london , and aircanada to calgary it costed $780 on sunday when i booked it, and now its $1440 one way..i got dam lucky

cdngrl

Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011
AOR Received.
16-03-2011
File Transfer...
16-03-2011 File Received 28-03-2011
Med's Done....
06-02-2011
Passport Req..
07-04-2011 Recd on 02-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
19-05-2011 Recd on 03-06-2011
LANDED..........
24-06-2011
asurania said:
So let me get this straight she needs the orginial marriage certificate....thank god she has nikha certificate and alberta marriage ceritficate with her....

I got my wify a Iphone - where its collecting dust till she gets here on june 30

booked her on jet airways to london , and aircanada to calgary it costed $780 on sunday when i booked it, and now its $1440 one way..i got dam lucky
that is a pretty sweet price... prices are shooting up with summer season approaching.. wow ur countdown has begun! :D

gagansingh

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2011
meateater said:
Is british airways good??

BA is good but halting at Heathrow is confusing...for a new person coming in...Jet is best as because Brussels is not too confusing as compared to Heathrow...

DNT2003

Jan 24, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI <br>Type of App....: SPOUSAL-WIFE<br>YEAR IS..........:[b] 2011[/b]<br>Applicant City..: Surat, Gujarat<br>Med's Done.....: 17-FEB[br]0 Day
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-FEB [br]6 Days<br>Rcvd. by CPC-M.: 24-FEB [br]7 Days[br]Decision Made.: 23-MAR [br]35 Days
File Transfer...
23-MAR [br]35 Days[br]AOR Received.: 31-MAR[br]43 Days[br]ND Received File.: 05-APR [br]48 Days[br]CSE#1 Sent to ND.: 18-MAY[br]90 Days[br]CSE#1 Reply Received.: NONE[br]CSE#2 Sent to ND.: 11-JUN[br]CSE#2 Reply Received.: NONE[br]eCAS In Process..: 16-JUN[br]119 Days
Passport Req..
[br]28-JUN[br]132 Days[br]Passport Sent..: 02-JUL[br][color=blue]PassportRX-ND..: 04-JUL[/color]
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I say go for the CITY, I love the $20 / unlimited its great... its the only company that will let me talk to my wife until I fall asleep.. and not worry about running the bill.. as you PRE-Pay the monthly fees.. Also they have this thing called MY WALLET where you can keep some money in there to be used for Roaming, Surfing (if not on plan), etc... but if you keep nothing in the MY WALLET then you don't have to worry about anything as the services will not work..

I used to pay about $120 for RAZA + $38 for FIDO = approx 160$ / month

it was good for few months, then I started to see that its making a dent in my pocket.. checked the options out.. and found CITY to be the winner.. so I kept my FIDO as I'm on contract until next year.. and got CITY as well.. I keep 2 phones, and still pay less than what I was paying for just FIDO + RAZA.... now my CITY costs me total of $62.50 (CITY) + 36.72 (FIDO) = 99.22 (just under $100) I get the following:
FIDO: Unlimited Incoming, 250 Day time min for out going, 5PM E/W free until 8AM, Unlimited International Text, CallerID, V-mail, 2500 local text, long distance option (in emergency example India 10 cents per min (billed half a min))..

CITY:Unlimited In .../... Out (all ONTARIO), few other features..

Fo a lot less I get a lot more...

DNT2003

fprince said:

DNT2003

Jan 24, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Thank God.. I don't get bored.. because I've got some friends who used to be on the phone a lot, and I used to think.. that it must get boring at some point.. but you know I thank God everytime we talk we've got something to talk about... and its always great.. and thanks to mobi-city for their unlimited plan... it saves me a lot.. actually there is time we run out of time to talk because I'm busy at work.. or something else has come up...

I'm sure there are a lot of people who talk to their spouses for that long...

I recently asked for a CALL log from mobilicty for calls made to my wife just for 2 months.. and its 26 pages :), I just keep the logs incase CHC-ND asks me for new communication logs.

DNT2003

cdngrl said:

meateater

Mar 21, 2011
gagansingh said:
BA is good but halting at Heathrow is confusing...for a new person coming in...Jet is best as because Brussels is not too confusing as compared to Heathrow...
I understand but Jet adds 15 hrs to the travel time :(
Whats confusing at Heathrow ?

gagansingh

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2011
it's the new terminal....terminal 5....i always fl with them but the last time when i flew with them to india...it was confusing...they parked the plane in to a hanger and from there on...u have to take a bus...which will drop u to the terminal...u then go to the top floor for your security check...and then u cmoe down again and go through the tube (inter connected terminal subway) to go to the other part of the terminal 5 where they had the plane for delhi....

for a new person...i guess it is little hard to follow....until unless u have a company....

hope this helps...

DNT2003

Jan 24, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I know exactly what you mean...... here let me give you a summary of my typical day... starting from morning...

She calls me to wake me up at around
5:30am (for prayers)... after I go back to sleep keeping the phone on.. she then uses the other phone to wake me up at around
6:45am (for work).. I shower.. the phone is on... she hears me take the shower.. brush my teeth.. (etc.. you got the idea..)... then around 7:15am or so... She reminds me to take my lunch... and I head to the car.. phone disconnects as I gotta go 2 level down the garage... then at around.. I call her back once back on the road.. we talk while I'm driving to work..
8:15am I get to work.. and we disconnect the phone.. but many times I'd just keep the phone on.. and not talk we'll just hear each other, then the phone disconnects after totalk 90 Minutes (automatically)
9:30am around this time I send her a txt msg and tell her its time for breakfast.. and she will reply back.. and I will have breakfast.. she will eat (dinner at the same time) and its usual business until
11:00am this time she miss-call me and we have a conversation for about 30 minits.. and I get back to work, the phone is on for 90 minz..
12:45-1PM - she calls me again to say she is sleepy.. and we talk for few mints until she falls aslep...
1:50PM - I go out to pray from work place.. I ask her if she is sleeping or not.. if she is... then i disconnect the phone and call again ... here we talk for 10-15 mints.
2:30pm I'm back at work.. the phone is still on.. and I hang up because she is sleeping.. I do what I have to at work...
4:30pm I leave work.. I warm up my food.. take it to the car.. drive away.. and park somwere nice.. I call her.. she wakes up.. and we eat.. and talk.. sometimes we both sleep.. (I take a nap)
6:45pm wake up for prayers.. I keep her sleeping / sometimes she is up
7:30pm we talk......... / I do my things / maybe another nap..
8:40pm time for another prayer.. so I take her with me and the phone is on..
9:30pm we talk......... / I wake her up... if she fell asleep.. / maybe nap
10:30pm time for the final prayers.. this time I tell her to nap until I call bak
11:15pm I call bak.. we talk talk talk.. I drive HOME while talking...
12:15am we talk.. and have dinner....
01:00am we talk.. I check the forums.. sit on the pc for bit.. and I start to fall asleep..
01:30am I maybe sleeping now....or we maybe talking... depends on how tired I'm

5:30AM ---- Then the cycle repeats it self..
PLEASE NOTE: (actual timings may differ from day to day)

I hope you all enjoy know about my typical day.. (this is a WEEKDAY), I'd love to know how everyone spends their time while away from their spouses.. like how do you keep together...

The day can be very different on Weekends / Holidays..

DNT2003

meateater said:
Lol, count me in too ... day/night doesnt matter, doesnt matter what hour.. all you do is the talking for hours :p ..

I dunno if i made any sense :D

DNT2003

Jan 24, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Man Iphone thats nice... I've got an Iphone but its locked to BELL never used.. not sure what to do with it.. I might sell it.. because you can't use Iphones on the new service providers..

But you definately got lucky.. with that price on June 30.... you should have checked out June 29 (the prices seem better for that day)

I bet you are counting the days now... and constantly checking the calender....

DNT2003

asurania said: