+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
May 6, 2011 ( CSE EMAIL )
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2011 ( Received May 28 )
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
gagansingh said:
@ fprince...

quick question... what does ur ecas status says???
In Process - we started to process from feb 15th
This was updated on feb 18 and from that date it has been the same...no file number, no letters from chc nd..all i see is in process every freaking day.

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
gagansingh said:
@ fprince...

for my cousin sister...it said "application received" and line 2 said "medical results have been received"...

but now... line 2 "medical results have been received" is removed and status still says "application received"... not sure how chc new delhi functions :(
Last monday they removed "medicals received line" for most of the members who were in the que...still we don have that line...assumption is something is happening when they remove the line..at least they are processing...

lama21

Jan 5, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011
AOR Received.
22-03-2011
File Transfer...
09-03-2011
Med's Done....
06-01-2011
Passport Req..
30-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2011
LANDED..........
01-06-2011
fprince said:
Lama21, when your ecas status changes to 'app received" it will say we receieved your file on xxxxx "
line 2 usually says " medicals have been receieved"
This is the AOR, these days they do not send out letters for AOR, but you never know...
The only fu$ked up part with online AOR Is that you wont have a file number until you receive your PPR or request for documents...in my case, i still don have a file number cos no letters received from chc nd till date..
Thanks Fprince.....and ya don't worry inshallah u will here the goodnews soon :) ya !!

Panda

Dec 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
AOR Received.
24-01-2011
File Transfer...
18-01-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Passport Req..
23-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2011
LANDED..........
Very Soon...
@Missinghim

Did you got the Passport with VISA yet ?

What did the postmaster said ?

Panda

gagansingh

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2011
fprince said:
In Process - we started to process from feb 15th
This was updated on feb 18 and from that date it has been the same...no file number, no letters from chc nd..all i see is in process every freaking day.
@ fprince...

my cousin's file still says "application received"

although she got the letter asking for her pp and additional docs...which she had already submitted last week....it still says "application received" for her

i guess some of the people on this forum have the same line....

but i guess as u said... "assumption" is the only key here that works with chc new delhi :)

good luck....

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
gagansingh said:
@ fprince...

my cousin's file still says "application received"

although she got the letter asking for her pp and additional docs...which she had already submitted last week....it still says "application received" for her

i guess some of the people on this forum have the same line....

but i guess as u said... "assumption" is the only key here that works with chc new delhi :)

good luck....
Yes, you can not predict how they work..in Nylalisa's case her status was "app received" when she sent her PP and i still think it is "app receievd"
But for most of ppl on this thread, i see in process and then a PPR..
again, they have different procedures for every file..wonder how they do a QC check :eek:

missinghim

Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Dec-'10.
File Transfer...
04-Jan-'11.
Passport Req..
19-Jan-'11.
VISA ISSUED...
4-Mar-'11
LANDED..........
18-July-'11
Panda said:
@ Missinghim

Did you got the Passport with VISA yet ?

What did the postmaster said ?

Panda
I have no new update Panda...EXCEPT that we found out it was already sent back to the embassy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's not a terrible thing at least it will be safe but we have no idea now when we'll get it and if next time they'll mail it to the right addy..whats the guarantee??? It came to the old address after repeated requests to their office to update our address. And they did but then some bloke at the embassy changed it back or used the old address for some reason. Anyways whats messed up is that the post man didnt even go to our old house where our friends live as tenants (they would have kept it for us)...he just talked to the security guard of the gated community. We are worried about the expiration date of the visa...the later we get it the less time we have to land. We contacted the embassy today to let them know they should expect the pkg any day now & to resend it PLEASE lol as soon as possible. Once again we gave them our new address. My hubby says that this time we wont know when it is mailed out. So we just have to keep looking out for it. It's too early now. It will reach delhi at the earliest tomorrow as per the post office manager but we dont know when they'll send it back to us. I hope they contact us to let us know and confirm what address they will send it too.
Thats it! Take care. I'll update u when we receive it. Hoping for the best! Thanks

missinghim

Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Dec-'10.
File Transfer...
04-Jan-'11.
Passport Req..
19-Jan-'11.
VISA ISSUED...
4-Mar-'11
LANDED..........
18-July-'11
And whats strange is back in Canada when we started the process...Canada post almost lost our pkg when we mailed it to the embassy...for 1 whole week they couldnt locate it...That week scared us!!!! Now we are scared again...now because of the expiry date of the visa..we dont know it could be first week of April and we dont have it in our hands yet.

gagansingh

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2011
fprince said:
Yes, you can not predict how they work..in Nylalisa's case her status was "app received" when she sent her PP and i still think it is "app receievd"
But for most of ppl on this thread, i see in process and then a PPR..
again, they have different procedures for every file..wonder how they do a QC check :eek:
@ fprince...

QC check in chc new delhi.... no way...

things i guess just fly in the air...

as far as my understanding is that each VO's works in their own way....some ask for the PP first and then work on the file...and so the status stays as "application received" where as some VO's..start reveiwing the file and so the status says as "in process" and then they ask for the PP....but again...i guess that is just an assumption...

it's almost Thursday in India...lets see if: e-cas, phone call, email, or the post man brings the good news for any one

good luck to all...

gagansingh

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2011
missinghim said:
I have no new update Panda...EXCEPT that we found out it was already sent back to the embassy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's not a terrible thing at least it will be safe but we have no idea now when we'll get it and if next time they'll mail it to the right addy..whats the guarantee??? It came to the old address after repeated requests to their office to update our address. And they did but then some bloke at the embassy changed it back or used the old address for some reason. Anyways whats messed up is that the post man didnt even go to our old house where our friends live as tenants (they would have kept it for us)...he just talked to the security guard of the gated community. We are worried about the expiration date of the visa...the later we get it the less time we have to land. We contacted the embassy today to let them know they should expect the pkg any day now & to resend it PLEASE lol as soon as possible. Once again we gave them our new address. My hubby says that this time we wont know when it is mailed out. So we just have to keep looking out for it. It's too early now. It will reach delhi at the earliest tomorrow as per the post office manager but we dont know when they'll send it back to us. I hope they contact us to let us know and confirm what address they will send it too.
Thats it! Take care. I'll update u when we receive it. Hoping for the best! Thanks
@ missinghim...

can u plz advise is that when u contact the embassy...do u email them or u speak to a live body....and if u speak to some via phone...what number do u use and do they usually pull up the information over the phone?

and also...if u contact them via email...what is the information that u include in ur email?

thanks

canuckWaiting

Mar 6, 2011
Why don't you just email CIC Delhi and tell them your Passport was accidentally mailed to the old address which you changed ? That way they know to look for your passport when they receive it back.

Why are you worried so much about the expiration of the visa on the passport ? Its usually One year from the date of the Medical Exam right ?

missinghim said:

Panda

Dec 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
AOR Received.
24-01-2011
File Transfer...
18-01-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Passport Req..
23-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2011
LANDED..........
Very Soon...
missinghim said:
Just dont worry Missinghim, the expiry date of the VISA is one year from the date your hubby had the medicals done so you can estimate the VISA expiry date, good thing that you already contacted the VO. I think they will send it back to the new address to just don't worry. If you want you can call them and explain the situation and they will help you out, alternately you can just go to New Delhi and pick it up manually.

Panda

missinghim

Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Dec-'10.
File Transfer...
04-Jan-'11.
Passport Req..
19-Jan-'11.
VISA ISSUED...
4-Mar-'11
LANDED..........
18-July-'11
We updated them of our current situation by email, case specific inquiry, fax letter, and mailed letter currently!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Since its a grave situation.

My husband signed the fax letter, signed the mailed letter and attached a scanned signed letter in the email, and for case specific inquiry you fill out a form (fill in blanks - they ask u for what they need so its straight forward...they ask for nationality, file no., name...etc).

For the other means of contacting them we put what type of application it was, my husband's name, file no, dob, telephone no, email address, correct address...etc ...One other thing in case specific inquiry you can attached docs. There is an option.

They wont talk about your file over the phone. Actually, there is no option for family class sponsorships. Well, its automated meaning no person picks up the phone.

In our situation it is terrible they dont have a live person to speak to about it.

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
missinghim said:
We updated them of our current situation by email, case specific inquiry, fax letter, and mailed letter currently!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Since its a grave situation.

My husband signed the fax letter, signed the mailed letter and attached a scanned signed letter in the email, and for case specific inquiry you fill out a form (fill in blanks - they ask u for what they need so its straight forward...they ask for nationality, file no., name...etc).

For the other means of contacting them we put what type of application it was, my husband's name, file no, dob, telephone no, email address, correct address...etc ...One other thing in case specific inquiry you can attached docs. There is an option.

They wont talk about your file over the phone. Actually, there is no option for family class sponsorships. Well, its automated meaning no person picks up the phone.

In our situation it is terrible they dont have a live person to speak to about it.
@missinghim,
I understand your situvation, i would suggest you send them an email with the subject line " Passport missing - File #" or something similar to that..cos in that case they will open your email right away and take action as its a PP..sending a CSE could delay as they would not know the situvation until the open the email..the subject line should work..

all the very best