+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

def_col_male

Jan 26, 2011
Markham
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@missinghim

I tried to send attached file with CSQ but I received email back from CHC, ND that they can not receive attachments with CSQ or email. So they adviced me to either write in the body of the email or write in the form of CSQ or I can fax them the same.

This was the reply I got in email from CHC, ND by some Visa Office.

For your information.

missinghim

Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Dec-'10.
File Transfer...
04-Jan-'11.
Passport Req..
19-Jan-'11.
VISA ISSUED...
4-Mar-'11
LANDED..........
18-July-'11
canuckWaiting said:
Why don't you just email CIC Delhi and tell them your Passport was accidentally mailed to the old address which you changed ? That way they know to look for your passport when they receive it back.

Why are you worried so much about the expiration of the visa on the passport ? Its usually One year from the date of the Medical Exam right ?
Hi we are so worried because my husband's medicals (the original) expire in April (first week) this yr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See this is what happened....
Back in April last yr... we thought we were going to apply..but then we changed our mind. And besides I was in india with him I still had to go to canada and restablish myself which would take some time and we were also waiting on criminal backgr checks frm usa before we could apply. We already did our medical though so we used these medicals when we applied in the fall. However, in January of this yr when file was transfered to Delhi, hubby redid new medical voluntarily in case they werent finishing processing our application & to give him more time to land (as my husband needs it!! Job etc). They received the new medical reports but we dont know if they had time to process them/enter the info in the system by the time they approved us. I dont even know how long it takes for them to enter the info if they are perfect, no medical issue whatsoever. Do they just press a button to say they were recieved or what!! And how long does it take for embassy to look at the reports. Who knows. Probably not long if theres nothing to report. Problem is we dont know what medicals they used..old or new for our expiry!!!!!! Thats why we are so worried!!!

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
May 6, 2011 ( CSE EMAIL )
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2011 ( Received May 28 )
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
def_col_male said:
@ missinghim

I tried to send attached file with CSQ but I received email back from CHC, ND that they can not receive attachments with CSQ or email. So they adviced me to either write in the body of the email or write in the form of CSQ or I can fax them the same.

For your information.
ND is always confusing, not sure what you mean by CSQ..but for the CSE on the website this is what it says, now am confused ...

https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/case-cas-eng.aspx

Case Specific EnquiryNew Delhi
Please do not send the same enquiry more than once.

NOTE: The fields indicated by an asterisk (*) are mandatory.

Your case specific enquiry will be directed to the visa office in New Delhi

Attachments:
Note: You may only attach documents that are .jpg, .pdf, .txt, or .doc. They must not exceed 3.5 MB. Once you have selected the document, click on Upload to add the documents to your enquiry.

asurania

Star Member
Feb 2, 2011
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-29-2010 (Lost) Resubmitted 16-02-2011
Doc's Request.
16-03-2011
AOR Received.
28-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-02-2011
Med's Done....
November 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-2011
LANDED..........
26-07-2011
fprince said:
Lama21, when your ecas status changes to 'app received" it will say we receieved your file on xxxxx "
line 2 usually says " medicals have been receieved"
This is the AOR, these days they do not send out letters for AOR, but you never know...
The only fu$ked up part with online AOR Is that you wont have a file number until you receive your PPR or request for documents...in my case, i still don have a file number cos no letters received from chc nd till date..

Hey;

You can call in the Call Center and get the applicant file number and Client ID. Thats what I did. You might have to call in twice if you get a uncooperative call center agent

I gave my Client ID (i am the sponsor). And ask for the file number which starts with LEtter B , and the applicant CLient Id for the applicant (my wife which i am sponsoring).

They Gave me all of that

missinghim

Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Dec-'10.
File Transfer...
04-Jan-'11.
Passport Req..
19-Jan-'11.
VISA ISSUED...
4-Mar-'11
LANDED..........
18-July-'11
def_col_male said:
@ missinghim

For your information.
Ok thx...good to know...we didnt get that reply STRANGE.. But its good we also courried them a letter, & faxed a ltter. We wrote in the body of the CSQ & email too. :)

Fprince: in the heading of all correspondence to their office we put a similar heading, similar to what u suggested...so they cant miss it!!! But i wish i had heard frm them today. We did all this this morning. They had all day to contact us. This waiting game is worse than when it was in process!!!

Panda: Can you really pick up passports frm the embassy???? My husband will be on the next flight if they give us this option!!!

waitingforwife

Oct 22, 2010
MTL
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
09-11-2010
Med's Done....
06-08-2010
Passport Req..
25-01-2011 delivered 08 Feb 2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-04-2011 DM 04-04-2011 Recieved 08-04-2011
LANDED..........
12-04-2011
question for guys who have their file numbers.
does it start with B or F?

Somehow for us it starts with F

not sure but that might be the cause of delay.

asurania

Star Member
Feb 2, 2011
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
16-03-2011
AOR Received.
28-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-02-2011
Med's Done....
November 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-2011
LANDED..........
26-07-2011
def_col_male said:
@ missinghim

For your information.
Def_col_male you got your PPR yet....
it should be any day now

asurania

Star Member
Feb 2, 2011
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
16-03-2011
AOR Received.
28-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-02-2011
Med's Done....
November 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-2011
LANDED..........
26-07-2011
waitingforwife said:

Mine starts with a B

def_col_male

Jan 26, 2011
Markham
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@fprince

I guess CSQ, case specific query must be started by one of forum member here :) and we all started following it :)

Yes I agree CIC is quite confusing...many things they have written on the website but they dont follow the same as I worte earlier that they replied me in the email not to send any file attached because they can not get it...strange,,,,,,

gagansingh

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2011
waitingforwife said:

@ waitingforwife...

my cousin sister's file has two numbers: one is with UCI and the other one is Application # which starts with F

hope this helps

thanks

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
asurania said:
Hey;

You can call in the Call Center and get the applicant file number and Client ID. Thats what I did. You might have to call in twice if you get a uncooperative call center agent

I gave my Client ID (i am the sponsor). And ask for the file number which starts with LEtter B , and the applicant CLient Id for the applicant (my wife which i am sponsoring).

They Gave me all of that
This is great news, this is the first time i hearing someone tell us that the callcenter does this..no one so far has had any luck with the call center..ill ask my wife to call tomorrow and hope she gets her file number..
quick question - how do they check if you are the applicant? did they ask any questions which u can share?

def_col_male

Jan 26, 2011
Markham
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@asuraina

I am eagerly waiting for PPR but no sign of PPR till now.....hope to get the same soon

How do you know applicant's file number?

asurania

Star Member
Feb 2, 2011
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
16-03-2011
AOR Received.
28-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-02-2011
Med's Done....
November 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-2011
LANDED..........
26-07-2011
fprince said:
This is great news, this is the first time i hearing someone tell us that the callcenter does this..no one so far has had any luck with the call center..ill ask my wife to call tomorrow and hope she gets her file number..
quick question - how do they check if you are the applicant? did they ask any questions which u can share?
Pretty Much sponsor Calls the Call Center in Canada.

They will ask for Sponsor Client ID, DOB, If she is PR or Canadian , and where she is born, and name of applicant which is person being sponsor.

Then she would ask for your Client ID and File Number. Make sure she states she wants the one that starts with a Letter (B). Other wise they will give you the wrong file number.

The one that Starts with B or F , but usually B is the one you need for CAIPS and to talk to embassay.

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
The last time my wife sent a CSE, i was not impressed with the automated message..
have a look and let me know if it makes ANY SENCE

Case Specific Enquiry
Your enquiry has been sent to the visa office processing your application. You should receive a reply within 28 working days (by email, regular mail or fax).
If your application is within normal processing times you may not receive a reply from the visa office.

If your message contains new information for your application (e.g. adding a newborn or change of address) your file will be updated but the visa office may not respond to your email.

def_col_male

Jan 26, 2011
Markham
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@asuraina

Thanks for advising to call call-centre and get file number. I guess it will help.

@fprince

if we have file number, we can send PP without receiving PPR ;)
may be they will start working on our file once they recive our PP.
the way ND works I am sure they will never be sure from their system if they sent us formal PPR or not....and out trick can work :)

I shall surely try to call CIC and try to get file number if I can.........