+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

nylalisa

Jan 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2010
Doc's Request.
31-01-2011 (additional doc request)
AOR Received.
17-01-2011
File Transfer...
06-01-2011
Med's Request
30-03-2011
Med's Done....
21-10-2010
Interview........
30-03-2011 (Passed and approved same day)
Passport Req..
01-25-2011
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2011 (Received 09-04-2011)
LANDED..........
13-04-2011
canuckWaiting said:
Just a question, Did most of you guys hire a lawyer or do it by yourself ?

In mycase had a lawyer.....
By myself

lama21

Jan 5, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011
AOR Received.
22-03-2011
File Transfer...
09-03-2011
Med's Done....
06-01-2011
Passport Req..
30-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2011
LANDED..........
01-06-2011
Nylalisa its ok don't worry u can do it gurl......jus think about it this way....that you be finally meeting ur hubby OMG thou its for 10days but still..u lucky gurllllllll.............i wish i can go to India too :( to meet my husband.

But we are sure you can handle it ;) and I really really hope that U do definately get ur visa rite aft the interview inshallah and all the best hun :).!!

Vish

Sep 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2011
File Transfer...
01-02-2011
Med's Done....
13-12-2010
Passport Req..
23-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made on Apr 9, 2011
Wish the best for all of us for upcoming week :) Keep smiling guys!

missinghim

Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Dec-'10.
File Transfer...
04-Jan-'11.
Passport Req..
19-Jan-'11.
VISA ISSUED...
4-Mar-'11
LANDED..........
18-July-'11
Vish said:
Is there anyone whose E-CAS changed from "App received" to "Decision made" directly skipping the "In process" step for PR? Is this possible? I received the PPR but my E-CAS still says "App received". I think it should have changed to "In process" now. Any thoughts?...Thanks in advance...Regards
Vish, i forgot to mention that when my ecas did change frm App. Rec'd to Processing...i believe it only stayed at Processing for no more than 2 wks. I dont know exactly because i never checked ecas every day. When my hubby gets his visa it should say when it was approved/stamped so i will know better. So u will either skip processing or have a short lived processing status =) Good luck!

Fprince, no we havent checked post office. We believe its too early because we are in bangalore and we going on past experience. But you never know so tomorrow hubby will check post office if it doesnt come as we just got back today. We have 2 post offices to check actually because ecas at times didnt display an address for us at all and at other times theyd put new and old address up. My only beef with embassy...We do have friends at the old address who we checked with and no registered post came but still we'll keep checking with them and with the post office too.
!!

I have a Q does anyone know if they will use our old medicals that expire in april or the news ones my hubby sent in in case they werent done processing by april. They have 2 medicals for us. My hubby needs time to land because of his job here, our pets, and our house here. We are so anxious til we get that visa but hopefully we will have more than 2 wks to land. Ill post this Q on the general forum area too. i wish we knew the expiry date now because we could start planning and preparing.

Best of luck Nylalisa!!!! =)

Vish

Sep 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2011
File Transfer...
01-02-2011
Med's Done....
13-12-2010
Passport Req..
23-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made on Apr 9, 2011
Many thanks missinghim!...Regards

missinghim said:
Vish, i forgot to mention that when my ecas did change frm App. Rec'd to Processing...i believe it only stayed at Processing for no more than 2 wks. I dont know exactly because i never checked ecas every day. When my hubby gets his visa it should say when it was approved/stamped so i will know better. So u will either skip processing or have a short lived processing status =) Good luck!

Fprince, no we havent checked post office. We believe its too early because we are in bangalore and we going on past experience. But you never know so tomorrow hubby will check post office if it doesnt come as we just got back today. We have 2 post offices to check actually because ecas at times didnt display an address for us at all and at other times theyd put new and old address up. My only beef with embassy...We do have friends at the old address who we checked with and no registered post came but still we'll keep checking with them and with the post office too.
!!

I have a Q does anyone know if they will use our old medicals that expire in april or the news ones my hubby sent in in case they werent done processing by april. They have 2 medicals for us. My hubby needs time to land because of his job here, our pets, and our house here. We are so anxious til we get that visa but hopefully we will have more than 2 wks to land. Ill post this Q on the general forum area too. i wish we knew the expiry date now because we could start planning and preparing.

Best of luck Nylalisa!!!! =)

asurania

Star Member
Feb 2, 2011
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-29-2010 (Lost) Resubmitted 16-02-2011
Doc's Request.
16-03-2011
AOR Received.
28-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-02-2011
Med's Done....
November 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-2011
LANDED..........
26-07-2011
Using Lawyer in Canada - Will PPR go to Lawyer or my wife in India

canuckWaiting

Mar 6, 2011
My wife got her passport today in Chennai :) Yay !!!!

Thanks for all help guys. Hope everyone gets to be together with your loved ones soon

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
May 6, 2011 ( CSE EMAIL )
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2011 ( Received May 28 )
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
canuckWaiting said:

Thanks for all help guys. Hope everyone gets to be together with your loved ones soon
Hey congrats, i am also waiting for a PPR in chennai for 3 months ..
can you please share your time lines..

challenger485

Jan 5, 2010
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2011
AOR Received.
21-03-2011
File Transfer...
08-03-2011
Med's Done....
30-10-2010
Passport Req..
28-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Ecas status: Decision made on 29th visa received may 4
I just realised it today. My police clearance is older than 4 months. How long is police clearance valid. My sponsorship is approved and file sent to delhi on feb 8th. Do I need to apply for police clearance again? If so, should I apply now?

missinghim

Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Dec-'10.
File Transfer...
04-Jan-'11.
Passport Req..
19-Jan-'11.
VISA ISSUED...
4-Mar-'11
LANDED..........
18-July-'11
canuckWaiting said:

Congrats & may I ask you important Qs: Can you please tell me when the embassy posted ur wife's pp with the visa in it?
How long did it take for her to receive it after delhi posted it? Also, when did you see ecas change to decision-made? Ours was on March 9th. Thats all i know. Thanks for your time!

Now Im worried because my hubby says Chennai is further 5 hrs more from Bangalore. He checked with the post office and the post man who he does know of and he said nothing registered came to us. He's going to be looking out for it.
We are also worried about the expiry date of it as well. The later we get it the less time my husband has time to land and we need all the time in the world to land. We have a lot to wrap up here in india. OMG What if we missed it and it was sent back to the embassy. We havent had any calls from them. I'll keep u all posted.

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
challenger485 said:
I just realised it today. My police clearance is older than 4 months. How long is police clearance valid. My sponsorship is approved and file sent to delhi on feb 8th. Do I need to apply for police clearance again? If so, should I apply now?
Nope, it should be valid on the date CPC Mississauga process it, this is what i have been told by other members.
In my case the PCC was done somewhere in September and my file is still in process, i think we should be fine. If not i might need a new PPC too as it has been 6 months for me.

canuckWaiting

Mar 6, 2011
missinghim said:
Congrats & may I ask you important Qs: Can you please tell me when the embassy posted ur wife's pp with the visa in it?
How long did it take for her to receive it after delhi posted it? Also, when did you see ecas change to decision-made? Ours was on March 9th. Thats all i know. Thanks for your time!

Now Im worried because my hubby says Chennai is further 5 hrs more from Bangalore. He checked with the post office and the post man who he does know of and he said nothing registered came to us. He's going to be looking out for it.
We are also worried about the expiry date of it as well. The later we get it the less time my husband has time to land and we need all the time in the world to land. We have a lot to wrap up here in india. OMG What if we missed it and it was sent back to the embassy. We havent had any calls from them. I'll keep u all posted.
My wife said end of last week...I didnt ask her the dates but I'm assuming it took 3 -4 days....But yours and mine may not have been posted at the same time....

Also It doesnt matter Chennai is further than Bangalore because they are different routes. They are handled differently. They give the document only when you or someone in the address sign it gives it...

Its most likely on transit

challenger485

Jan 5, 2010
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2011
AOR Received.
21-03-2011
File Transfer...
08-03-2011
Med's Done....
30-10-2010
Passport Req..
28-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Ecas status: Decision made on 29th visa received may 4
thanks fprince for reply.

I sent application after 3 months I had police clearance. By the time it reachd Mississauga, 4 months passes. Please suggest should I do police clearance before they ask to avoid delay.

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
challenger485 said:
thanks fprince for reply.

I sent application after 3 months I had police clearance. By the time it reachd Mississauga, 4 months passes. Please suggest should I do police clearance before they ask to avoid delay.
I don think so..as if that was the case CPC Miss would have sent your forms back, they do check..and if required ND will contact you with the info..you should be fine..i don't think you have to re-do your PCC unless asked..