+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
sunrise9 said:
Hi All,

Good news from my side - My wife received her PP + visa today. :) At last the wait is over.

Ecas status had changed to Decision Made from Application Recd this sunday and today she received PP+visa. Ecas never became In-Process, it directly went to Decision Made from Application Recd.

I had sent my application on Jan 3, 2012, so the total time from application sent to visa received is 128 days which is not bad at all considering few others who have been waiting for much longer. Also, my wife has a travel history to multiple countries but not for long duration. Just couple of weeks, vacation-holidaying with family. So I think they waived extensive BC.

Thank you all for your help and Best of Luck for all those waiting. I hope everyone gets their visas soon.

Please let me know if anyone wants any further information from me.

Thanks!
congrats sunrise9 :)
wish you a happy life together in Canada :)

CanadiansWife

Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14, 2011
File Transfer...
Feb 03, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 18, 2011
Passport Req..
Feb 23, 2012 (New Delhi recieved it March 24, 2012)
VISA ISSUED...
May 7, 2012
sunrise9 said:
Hi All,

Good news from my side - My wife received her PP + visa today. :) At last the wait is over.

Ecas status had changed to Decision Made from Application Recd this sunday and today she received PP+visa. Ecas never became In-Process, it directly went to Decision Made from Application Recd.

I had sent my application on Jan 3, 2012, so the total time from application sent to visa received is 128 days which is not bad at all considering few others who have been waiting for much longer. Also, my wife has a travel history to multiple countries but not for long duration. Just couple of weeks, vacation-holidaying with family. So I think they waived extensive BC.

Thank you all for your help and Best of Luck for all those waiting. I hope everyone gets their visas soon.

Thanks!
Congrats!!!!!!!!!

and congrats to you too @ Zhaleen

Wow, so your application went straight to DM?! It has happened to a few people, but not that often! I live in the USA and I thought they might take some time with mine, because of background check and all- but I thought wrong! I sent them my FBI clearance report along with a state clearance, and that was good and enough for my background check.

My decision made was a day after yours, so hopefully- my grandmother will receive my passport in the mail tomorrow (Friday India time).

Which city does your wife live in? (asking to see how long it would possibly take for my passport to reach my grandmother's residential address).

sunrise9

Jan 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 5, 2012
AOR Received.
Feb 16, 2012
File Transfer...
Feb 21, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Mar 09, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
May 10, 2012
ashunandal said:
congrats sunrise9 :)
wish you a happy life together in Canada :)
Thanks ashunandal and Canadianswife for your wishes.

vengat83

Jan 5, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Oct-2011
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
12-Dec-2011
Med's Done....
07-Jul-2011
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-Jun-2012 (call from ND)
LANDED..........
SOON
sunrise9 said:
Hi All,

Thanks!

congrats...

vengat83

Jan 5, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Oct-2011
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
12-Dec-2011
Med's Done....
07-Jul-2011
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SOON
I got a generic reply from ND today for a CSE request that was sent about a month back...

It states:

This file is currently pending review by the responsible processing team and a decision by the officer. As soon as that review has taken place, our office will contact the applicants if any further documentation or information is required.

Please note that all statutory requirements must be met before we can issue visas. We therefore cannot provide you with a precise date by which this application will be finalized and the passports returned. Your continued patience is appreciated. Rest assured that we give the highest processing priority to cases which are ready for visa issuance for which passports have been submitted. Until we contact the applicant or authorized representative, either to request additional documents or information or to return the passports, we will not be able to respond to further enquiries.

Processing times to finalization may vary depending on the number of new applications received and the individual complexity of each application.

Now waiting for some information positive from MP office which is due in next couple of days !

indian_spouse

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Jan 2012
AOR Received.
16th march 2012
Med's Done....
8 Dec 2011
Passport Req..
27th march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
28 June 2012( DM)
LANDED..........
12-14 July 2012
All the very best vengat ! I hav a feeling ur wife will get DM in coming week n heartious congrats to all those who have rcvd visa!! Am sure it must be an ecstatic moment!!
vengat83 said:
I got a generic reply from ND today for a CSE request that was sent about a month back...

It states:

This file is currently pending review by the responsible processing team and a decision by the officer. As soon as that review has taken place, our office will contact the applicants if any further documentation or information is required.

Please note that all statutory requirements must be met before we can issue visas. We therefore cannot provide you with a precise date by which this application will be finalized and the passports returned. Your continued patience is appreciated. Rest assured that we give the highest processing priority to cases which are ready for visa issuance for which passports have been submitted. Until we contact the applicant or authorized representative, either to request additional documents or information or to return the passports, we will not be able to respond to further enquiries.

Processing times to finalization may vary depending on the number of new applications received and the individual complexity of each application.

Now waiting for some information positive from MP office which is due in next couple of days !

kiwinijjar

Star Member
Apr 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 17th 2012
AOR Received.
March 9th 2012
File Transfer...
March 28th 2012
Med's Done....
December 2011
Passport Req..
April 19th 2012 (1.5 years travel history) In process as of June 16th. Dm on June 28th :)
is this the second marriage for anyone???

fayou

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 19, 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 20, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 7, 2013
fayou said:
Hi guys

Speaking of travel history, my spouse has a travel history of 4 years between Saudi Arabia to India. Actually she was born in Saudi and travel between India and Saudi until the age of 4 and never travelled after that. Should I include that on the Detail Foreign travel forum? Also will that increase the processing time?
ashunandal said:
hi fayou
im not sure but i think they just count travel history after age of 18. you need to confirm with CIC and its not going to increase your processing time for sure :)
good luck :)

I contacted CIC and they say they are not sure about this and told me to contact visa office in New Delhi, anyone came across similar situation as me?

Thanks

nylalisa

Jan 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2010
Doc's Request.
31-01-2011 (additional doc request)
AOR Received.
17-01-2011
File Transfer...
06-01-2011
Med's Request
30-03-2011
Med's Done....
21-10-2010
Interview........
30-03-2011 (Passed and approved same day)
Passport Req..
01-25-2011
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2011 (Received 09-04-2011)
LANDED..........
13-04-2011
kiwinijjar said:
is this the second marriage for anyone???
It was my second marriage. If you have any specific questions; send me a PM and I will b e happy to answer you. I have been through the process and worked with CIC in Canada. Although some things have changed since my husband received a visa a year ago, I am still happy o help where I can.

aniadoor

Star Member
Dec 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2011
File Transfer...
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
14-02-2012 (changed to 'In Process' on 16 April)
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Hello everyone,
I was looking at the spread sheet, and figured that there were many people who applied before December, I was wondering if some of the them already got visa and left the forum and did not update, Could any senior members verify this, this will help everyone to get a clear picture, what you think?

list of members with status 'Application Received'
gwalyat
lovergirl
nicky10
vir_ajay
amvk
sumant
shruti_shri
hnic
sam360
Jax2k3

here is the list of members with status 'In Process'

magnolia
mapplelover
rajneet

vengat83

Jan 5, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Oct-2011
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
12-Dec-2011
Med's Done....
07-Jul-2011
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SOON
aniadoor said:
I was wondering if some of the them already got visa and left the forum and did not update
No...I am keeping track of them. They haven't got visa yet. Many of them are waiting for interview.

vengat83

Jan 5, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Oct-2011
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
12-Dec-2011
Med's Done....
07-Jul-2011
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SOON
indian_spouse said:
All the very best vengat ! I hav a feeling ur wife will get DM in coming week n heartious congrats to all those who have rcvd visa!! Am sure it must be an ecstatic moment!!
Thanks a lot :)

CanadiansWife

Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14, 2011
File Transfer...
Feb 03, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 18, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
May 7, 2012
fayou said:
I contacted CIC and they say they are not sure about this and told me to contact visa office in New Delhi, anyone came across similar situation as me?

Thanks
Although a background check is not needed from that country, since she was only 4 years old when she traveled there- I would go ahead and put it on the form anyway- when you put down the dates of the travel, they will see that she traveled there BEFORE the age of 18, and won't ask for anything.

CanadiansWife

Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14, 2011
File Transfer...
Feb 03, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 18, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
May 7, 2012
Day 3 and I'm still waiting for my passport with Visa! I should get it tomorrow (Friday).

Does India do mail on Saturdays and Sundays?

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ashunandal said:
woooooooooow GOT PPR TODAY!!!!!! :) :eek: :D but i want to send some additional documents with passport so it will take few more days to prepare and finish off our package... we dont want to give them any chance to request additional documents or interview. is there any time period and can it delay the processing if we send passport after a week or two? it looks like new delhi is working very hard now...we got passport request after only 9 days!!!
That IS worth a wow!! Good for you, finally getting a little better treatment from CIC!