+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

cubesd

Star Member
Apr 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2011
File Transfer...
20-10-2011
Passport Req..
15-11-2011
My case was sent to ND some time around Oct 20. I guess one of the main reason for the delay is coz of the festive season both in India and Canada. The embassy has to oblige to both the holidays adding to that is the lazy delays

amvk

May 13, 2011
How to communicate address change to New Delhi Office

My wife sent her passport to ND office 2 weeks back, now she is moving on Jan 1st, how to inform CIC about address change ?

thanks !

cubesd

Star Member
Apr 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2011
File Transfer...
20-10-2011
Passport Req..
15-11-2011
amvk said:

My wife sent her passport to ND office 2 weeks back, now she is moving on Jan 1st, how to inform CIC about address change ?

thanks !
If you can see her file online, then there is a link below her current address which says contact us and you can provide them with the new address

newdelhi2011

Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
File Transfer...
08-11-2011
Med's Done....
july 2011
Passport Req..
14-12-2011
amvk said:

thanks !
If you log in to eCAS with your wife's file number and her info, you would see her address there and you could change from there.
You can also email/CSE at this address
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/new-delhi.asp

hambzik

Nov 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Sept 2011
File Transfer...
Aug 21st
Med's Request
Oct 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2011
Passport Req..
19 Oct
VISA ISSUED...
wait is over, 12-12-2011
LANDED..........
in Vancouver on 27th Dec. 2011
amvk said:

thanks !
On safer side, also send them a letter by post mail stating your file number, Current address and new address, They are normally pretty fast changing your adderess.

D

deven

Hey Hambzik thanks for the reply

I really don't understand why it takes so long
I wish it should not take so long after all redo documents , PCC, medical, and PP request

They say the when you are updated that medical results are received they have taken their decision.

Also on my E-cas they deleted my older updates

so if decision is taken and all the requirements are fulfilled then why 8 weeks

kuku

Jul 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/08/2011
Doc's Request.
None so far
AOR Received.
NEVER
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
5/07/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24/11/2011 ( E CAS changed to "In process' on 5/2/2012.
VISA ISSUED...
12/02/2012
LANDED..........
10/03/2012
amvk said:

thanks !

You won't be able to change address by clicking on "contact us to change the address" link

You gotta send them "case specific enquiry" for any update. Mention it on subject line when you send them the information otherwise they won't respond if you are within the time limit.

newdelhi2011

Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
File Transfer...
08-11-2011
Med's Done....
july 2011
Passport Req..
14-12-2011
Any updates from address disappear/reappear cases?
Why so serious ND? Let's put a smile on that face. :D

mapledreams

May 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
File Transfer...
28-10-11
Med's Done....
12-07-11
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
05-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-12
LANDED..........
10-02-2012
@ newdelhi2011

No updates on my side..address is still gone, it's been 5 days and ecas still says "application received"

But that does not stop me from being festive! I have a Chrsitmas party to attend tomorrow for work in Mississauga! Only thing I'm bummed about is that it's on a weekday and we don't get the holiday break until Friday!

Anyways..I'm smiling :) ;) :p

ajy457

Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
AOR Received.
18-11-2015
newdelhi2011 said:
Any updates from address disappear/reappear cases?
Why so serious ND? Let's put a smile on that face. :D
Our address disappeared yesterday and still not back. Lets hope they are updating all our files whose addresses disappeared. Hopefully, they want to surprise all of us and make us very happy for the new year. :)

ajy457

Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
AOR Received.
18-11-2015
mapledreams said:
@ newdelhi2011

No updates on my side..address is still gone, it's been 5 days and ecas still says "application received"

But that does not stop me from being festive! I have a Chrsitmas party to attend tomorrow for work in Mississauga! Only thing I'm bummed about is that it's on a weekday and we don't get the holiday break until Friday!

Anyways..I'm smiling :) ;) :p
Have a good time at the Christmas Party. Hopefully everyone in the office is in that Christmas mood and take it easy on Thursday and Friday. We have a potluck in our office tomorrow and I'm getting ready to make some Mutter Paneer. I really hope it turns out good.

kuku

Jul 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/08/2011
Doc's Request.
None so far
AOR Received.
NEVER
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
5/07/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24/11/2011 ( E CAS changed to "In process' on 5/2/2012.
VISA ISSUED...
12/02/2012
LANDED..........
10/03/2012
Looks like everyone's address has disappeared except me here :(

Everyone is going to get some good news :)

mapledreams

May 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
File Transfer...
28-10-11
Med's Done....
12-07-11
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
05-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-12
LANDED..........
10-02-2012
@ ajy457

awwwww, it's the thought that counts..I'm sure you'll do a great job cooking mutter paneer! Most men I know are great cooks, that includes my Daddy, My Pa-in-law, My Hubby dubby and my Bro-in-law

mapledreams

May 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
File Transfer...
28-10-11
Med's Done....
12-07-11
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
05-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-12
LANDED..........
10-02-2012
@ Kuku

I will offer a prayer for your address to disappear!! LOL! :p

hambzik

Nov 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Sept 2011
File Transfer...
Aug 21st
Med's Request
Oct 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2011
Passport Req..
19 Oct
VISA ISSUED...
wait is over, 12-12-2011
LANDED..........
in Vancouver on 27th Dec. 2011
deven said:
Hey Hambzik thanks for the reply

I really don't understand why it takes so long
I wish it should not take so long after all redo documents , PCC, medical, and PP request

They say the when you are updated that medical results are received they have taken their decision.

Also on my E-cas they deleted my older updates

so if decision is taken and all the requirements are fulfilled then why 8 weeks
Hi Deven,

I understand your frustration. I was very frustrated just like you until I read the procedures and understood what they do.

1) When they take decision on your application and reject it, they close the file. They can do it at any point, during your approval process, documents checking, initial review, medical results, BC checks intervirew, or final review.
2) When you win the appeal, you just reversed the decision made by VO. This does not guarantree you the successful; completion of the process. It just means that they can not reject your case based on their previous findings or objections.
3) If you read the letter received from ADR, it tells Visa office to continue the processing the application, it does not tell them to give the applicant PR. which means the rest of the process has to be completed whatever time it takes.
4) "Medical Results Received" in one way completes your application package, it is not the final stage of the application process. The processing of application actually starts at this stage. Your BC is mandatory, which will happen after your medicals are received. BC check can be normal or in depth. In Depth BC can take longer time.
5) Medical results have been received means that CHC havce received the medical reseults from the doctor, however it may not be approved since a medical expert from CHC reviews the results and decides if the applicant can be approved or not.
6) Last but not least, Visitor Visa for Canada is taking about 6-8 weeks, so you can imagine how much time PR can take.
7) If your marriage is Genuine and you have submitted all genuine documents, you should not be worried, it may be delayed but you will get it.

I hope you understand this and not stress out because of delays. When I understood everything, I was not expecting Visa for another 3-4 months at least and I got myself busy in other stuff in India. However, I got the visa soon and I am leaving soon which actually gives me lot more happiness.

Just sit back and relax, let they take their time and do their job. Enjoy your life here until you get the Visa. Believe me, once you get the PR, you will never be able to stay in India for more than few weeks. So enjoy your stay in India and dont stress out.

Cheers!