phdmaker

Jan 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mian_g said:
Just received reply to my email query of 4th Feb that background checks are in progress. So at least updated docs stage is over.
Does this mean LVO is sending MR to 6 to 12 months wait letter holders after completion of background/security checks?
Interesting because this stage of checks comes after MR request in general.

Hoping to see ppr issuance faster than usual time frame of 3 to 5 months waiting after MR request.

Thanks for sharing.

phdmaker

Jan 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kkhan870 said:
Don't be scared every visa office has quota maybe the Paris visa office's visa quota get wasted due to few applications and LVO has more applicants than visa quota that's why they will transferred some cases there
I second

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zeshananis said:
One of 6to12 months holder has received following request from Paris office. He sent full docs in SEP 10

Dear Applicant, In the interest of better workload distribution, Citizenship and Immigration Canada has transferred your application for permanent residence to our office for further processing.

Your application number, indicated in reference above, remains the same. Your application will be processed according to the date it was initially received. This transfer will not cause any delay.

From receipt of your application in our office, we assume responsibility for the processing of your application to its conclusion. Any correspondence directed to the previous visa office will remain unacknowledged.

In order to continue processing your application, we require the additional documents listed below within 60 days.
My two cents but this is a good move. I think it will speed up the process. They also said not to contact London visa office for any correspondance and direct all correspondance to Paris. Good luck to all 6-12 month wait letter applicants and keep your fingers crossed.. :)

currently Paris visa office is dealing with 14 countries where as London deals with 20 countries

Paris deals with following countries

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/paris.asp

Algeria, Andorra, Belgium, France, Gibraltar, Libya, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Portugal (including Azores and Madeira), Spain(including the Canary Islands), St. Pierre et Miquelon, Switzerland, Tunisia

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jimmy page said:
Zeeshan. May be u should also tell people the following:

guy is from ISB, pakistan....Sep 2010 full docs (noc 0111)...processing date is May 2012.... Paris vo has told him that "do not contact us for 8 months, after sending these documents"....

Baaddddddd scene hai....unfair :( this is not looking good for remaining waiters...
Jimmy page, that is general way of advising people to get maximum time asking them not to contact for 8 months. In my opinion it will speed up the process as Paris is not as busy as London so they will get the maximum time..Good luck,,

phdmaker

Jan 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cocknbull said:
Jimmy page, that is general way of advising people to get maximum time asking them not to contact for 8 months. In my opinion it will speed up the process as Paris is not as busy as London so they will get the maximum time..Good luck,,
As per cic website, Paris average processing time for M1 is 37 months compare to 33 months for London VO.

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
phdmaker said:
As per cic website, Paris average processing time for M1 is 37 months compare to 33 months for London VO.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/skilled-fed.asp

Yes you are right dear but still in my thinking it will speed up the process and applications transferred from London to Paris should get priority and that 37 months should count for those who initially applied to Paris visa office. Time will tell any way but be positive and keep your fingers crossed..I sense a positive move by London...

Also if you read email carefully it says "In the interest of better workload distribution, Citizenship and Immigration Canada has transferred your application for permanent residence to our office for further processing."

That means they want to speed up remaining MI-1 (6-12 moths wait letter) applicants by shifting work load to Paris.

MASunny

Apr 20, 2012
cocknbull said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/skilled-fed.asp

Yes you are right dear but still in my thinking it will speed up the process and applications transferred from London to Paris should get priority and that 37 months should count for those who initially applied to Paris visa office. Time will tell any way but be positive and keep your fingers crossed..I sense a positive move by London...

Also if you read email carefully it says "In the interest of better workload distribution, Citizenship and Immigration Canada has transferred your application for permanent residence to our office for further processing."

That means they want to speed up remaining MI-1 (6-12 moths wait letter) applicants by shifting work load to Paris.
I have a different view, may be 'm mistaken but after reading that LVO FSW cases are being transferred to Paris RPC, it looks quite unusual. Paris RPC mostly takes care of QSW (quota of 9,420 as of July 2012) and only 900 cases of FWS quota. So this theory of quota utilization doesn't prove to be logical however any QSW applicants could be transferred there!

Lets go back to the original - why 6-12mo wait letters? Most likely due to visa shortage at LVO (exceeded quota 13,050) during 2012; so all eligible cases sent with 6-12mo wait letter. Another reason, Federal Court of Canada (FCC), in one of their case forced JK to inform all MI1 applicants that all should get Decision Made within 6-12 months, so the wait letter served two purposes; communication to applicants and meeting the directive of FCC.

Last but not least, all 6-12mo wait letter holders not only met with Ministerial Instructions (MI - some failed to pass, got JD mismatch refusal letters too) but they also passed selection decision (SELDEC), hence got the marks too (check your GCMS/CAIPS notes). This means that 70% of visa officer work is done by June 2012. So no need of Paris RPC (visa officers) to re-assesses the files again unless files went to ECU for further assessment. Now background checks (means doc verification, if needed) are being done since July 1st 2012, probably with security checks to save time after MR completion. Then only item left for visa officer is final review (shall be done by same supervisor coz its MI1 group) & issuing PPR to MI1 que as per the allocation of no visas for MI1 group for 2013. There DM made appears on eCAS.

After that, its Registry dept to take care of your PP and visa stamping/COPR. This time is out of 33 mo window.

In short, my opinion (I may be wrong), all wait letter cases shall be processed at their respective VOs where applicants had submitted their full docs-applications unless there's an applicant who's file is originally (means after 2010) sent to another VO for load utilization.

sibbi

Mar 11, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2009
Doc's Request.
17-07-2009
Nomination.....
16-11-2009
AOR Received.
22-12-2009
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Med's Request
07-04-2014
Med's Done....
16-4-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 06-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-6-2014
LANDED..........
Insha-Allah in September 2014
Hi All
If the cases of 6 to 12 months wait letter holders are being shifted to Paris then its not good news because the intent behind this move is to gain more time by LVO and keep the applicants busy. As i shared my caips notes, my case was completed in all respect but visa officer marked another BFD instead of issuing medical. This shows that they are facing short of visa quota in 2013 and putting lame excuses to gain more time. Its really depresing.
Regards

destination canada

Jun 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2010
Doc's Request.
October 2010
AOR Received.
Nova-Scotia, October 2010
File Transfer...
Full Docs to LVO - January 2011, Second AOR May-2011
Med's Request
Feb.2014
Med's Done....
Feb.2014
Passport Req..
PPR-1 & PPR-2 on June 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 2014
I request to my friends to provide the true source of information in regards to our files transfer from London to Paris with the link; please don't spread rumors. I don't see any official announcement from CIC website. just wait for the official announcement and don't panic.

jimmy page

Feb 19, 2012
phdmaker said:
This is exactly wat I said to zeeshan....if paris had lesser applications than their quota n were so efficient and had spare visas, their processing time would ve been lesser than London...they r even lazier than lvo...since zeeshan, and I know, that that mail from paris also contains a part which said "plz do not contact us after sending us updated documents for 8 months, since we are under staffed and have too many files to process, and your queries shall not be answered"...wtf...they seem even worse than lvo...

Most of us have waited more than 2.5 years from full docs...Instead of issuing us medicals TODAY, IF they shift files, it is just a delaying tactic....

Another thing that I don't get is : kenny announced that they ll give 250,000 immigrant visas in 2013...even if half of those are FSW, that's more than 100,000 k visas ....then wat the hell is this "shortage of visas" drama...

Anyways..as dest. Canada said, let's wait for some more members to get this e-maail OR some official announcement on cic website to confirm its authenticity...as of now, If it happens, this just looks like a waste of time, and giving a "lollypop to a kid" to distract him from buying the ACTUAL toy (visa) that he wants.

Let's see wat happens in March...things will be clearer in the next 2-3 weeks.

P.s: and about this "dividing the work load", LVO has been doing almost nothing for the past 5 months for MI-1 !!! Wat the hell is this "diving the work load" bukwaas !! screw them, for making "repeated written promises" a joke ("2nd AOR" which mentioned 1 year wait + then "wait letter", which mentions 6-12 months wait)......every year, they give us a 1 year wait lollypop...and paris would excatly be another 1 year lollypop....the "third 1 year lollypop"...rubbish n ridiculous way of working....DON'T PROMISE STUFF THAT U CANNOT DELIVER ...

Kher juzbaati speech ho gaye hai...coool it...:) but very annoyed by this...this damn immi process has become like chasing a "truck ke butti"....everytime we take 10 steps towards it, the truck driver takes it 20 steps further...I wonder when will MI-1 waiters GET ON this truck...

jadedGeek

Mar 19, 2010
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2010
Doc's Request.
03-08-2010
AOR Received.
23-03-2011
File Transfer...
11-Aug-10
Med's Request
28-OCT-2013
jimmy page said:
This is exactly wat I said to zeeshan....if paris had lesser applications than their quota n were so efficient and had spare visas, their processing time would ve been lesser than London...they r even lazier than lvo...since zeeshan, and I know, that that mail from paris also contains a part which said "plz do not contact us after sending us updated documents for 8 months, since we are under staffed and have too many files to process, and your queries shall not be answered"...wtf...they seem even worse than lvo...

Most of us have waited more than 2.5 years from full docs...Instead of issuing us medicals TODAY, IF they shift files, it is just a delaying tactic....

Another thing that I don't get is : kenny announced that they ll give 250,000 immigrant visas in 2013...even if half of those are FSW, that's more than 100,000 k visas ....then wat the hell is this "shortage of visas" drama...

Anyways..as dest. Canada said, let's wait for some more members to get this e-maail OR some official announcement on cic website...as of now, this just looks like a waist of time, and giving a "lollypop to a kid" to distract him from buying the ACTUAL toy (visa) that he wants.

Let's see wat happens in March...things will be clearer in the next 2-3 weeks.

P.s: and about this "dividing the work load", LVO has been doing almost nothing for the past 5 months for MI-1 !!! Wat the hell is this "diving the work load" bukwaas !! screw them, for making "repeated written promises" a joke ("2nd AOR" which mentioned 1 year wait + then "wait letter", which mentions 6-12 months wait)......every year, they give us a 1 year wait lollypop...and paris would excatly be another 1 year lollypop....the "third 1 year lollypop"...rubbish n ridiculous way of working....DON'T PROMISE STUFF THAT U CANNOT DELIVER ...

Kher juzbaati speech ho gaye hai...coool it...:) but very annoyed by this...this damn immi process has become like chasing a "truck ke butti"....everytime we take 10 steps towards it, the truck driver takes it 20 steps further...I wonder when will MI-1 waiters GET ON this truck...
My

Hahaha...! My suggestion to jk to call everyone to Canada then take as much time they want ;)

Journey from Lvo to pvo and for some ivo to Lvo to pvo :)

jimmy page

Feb 19, 2012
jadedGeek said:
My

Hahaha...! My suggestion to jk to call everyone to Canada then take as much time they want ;)

Journey from Lvo to pvo and for some ivo to Lvo to pvo :)
Hahaha..true...Well, atleast our file is better than us....since its taking a "Euro-Trip" :) .....first it went to London, now its thinking of going to Paris.....and we re sitting at the same place :) kaafi "awara" file hai hamari :) lol.

P.s: all of a sudden I had this vision of "our file being Raj Kapoor" from the 50s indian film 'Awara', walking on the street singing the Mukesh song "awara hoon, ya gurdish mein hoon aasman ka tara hoon" :)

Gravity

May 18, 2010
Dear Experts , I posted this questions before but no reply ; again I m putting this here plz reply "

I submitted my intial application - March 2010.
I submitted my " FULL" documents In August 2010.

So am I from MI-1 or MI -2 que ? ? ?

regards