Insha-Allah in September 2014
SMSH said:
How you are so sure about this, any example please for evidence
One of my friend get medical right after one month of updated documents

jimmy page

Feb 19, 2012
sibbi said:
One of my friend get medical right after one month of updated documents
Was he from MI-1?? Could be, since they seem to be in a hurry these days. Allah kare aisa he ho.

I know two forum members from MI-2, both from pakistan, who got Medical in mid of October 2012, (I told about them here), got PPR-1 very quickly. ...
One got PPR1 after 7 days of doing Medical, one got PPR-1 in 10 days of doing medical.....but then again, MI-2 speed is faster than MI-1....let's see...

P.s: the fastest canadian immigration case I ve ever seen was a dubai friend's neighbour.... a pakistani couple, both doctors, working in dubai....they were from MI-2....they got visa in 7 months of applying....*sigh* lucky people.....saadi waari aee tay 'dafa 44' lugg gayee :):) lol.

ASK

Dec 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 Oct 2009
AOR Received.
29 Jun 2010
File Transfer...
06 Jan 2010
Med's Request
09 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
20 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
04 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
01 July 2013
LANDED..........
06 Oct 2013 (hopefully)
Those who plan to land soon...please please research hard!!

For the benefit of this topic followers, I am re-posting a thread which will come to your use in the near future.
Courtesy: MasterBlaster

[size=10pt]Those who plan to land soon...please please research hard!![/size]

After 11 months of relentless pursuit and struggles, I have managed to land in my first full-time job last week. Yes its a good news, notwithstanding the enormous pressure me and my wife had to go through after landing. In fact, by Oct end we had just 500 dollars as balance in our account, and was almost on the verge of returning back to Dubai. Despite my mid to senior management experience, spanning over 9 years in Strategic HR Operations, combined with working at top Dubai based multinationals, I had to volunteer for 6 full months in Toronto before getting into my first full-time job. It was very difficult for me to digest such a thing as volunteering when I first landed. But that's how the system works here. 90% of the Canadian employers look for candidates who can be culturally fit for their organization. And its very important how you convince them on that!!! Hence I decided to share a few words of advice for all those excited people out there, who are planning their landing soon!!

Relocating and settling in Canada works in a totally different way. Every case is different and it all depends on your Present Situation and Your needs. Please do remember "You are migrating to a new place - On the hopes of Better Life, not for a adjusting or compromising life". It is not related to your qualifications, or experience - the system is Different NOT Difficult, which cannot be explained by writing. Everyone has to come to Canadian Loop to understand and enjoy this.

Because immigrants are welcomed, Canada has so many immigrants, ironically, you may actually find you are competing with many of your country men/women even when you get here. In kind of a twisted way: you are not really a "minority" and will find it just as difficult, if not more difficult. Canadian employers will not be jumping up and down because you have had overseas experience - so many people here have that. So, in and of itself, your experience just being overseas will not necessarily "seal the deal".

Also, when one examines everything you have to wonder why people want to focus mostly on Toronto. Alberta has the lowest unemployment rate in the world (4.3%) right now and trying to find a job is very easy. While there are 100,000 jobs in Alberta that are seeking workers, there is still a labor shortage mainly because of the baby boomers who have retired creating this drain on the labor market.

I would encourage anyone who wants to come to Canada to first get trained in a vocation that is in demand (become a welder, a pipe fitter, a mechanic) anything with a trade. A Journeyman Welder can earn $46.00 per hour anywhere in Alberta but a dentist can't find employment. Drivers of heavy equipment earn $150,000 a year working in the oil industry. So find out which jobs are most in demand and get trained in one of those fields and don't stay stuck on finding employment in your field of certification. LEARN A NEW SKILL.............reinvent yourself first.

So do your research, before choosing Toronto, and my suggestion - make a full research till you get tired, identify needs, try to get a proper Job / Specified income which you are ready to accept - then you can enjoy your stay in Canada.

Careful with your qualifications and/or experience - depending - may nor be transferable to Canada. .Many certificates and/or uni degrees are not recognized here. Your expertise may enable you to move here - but your "paper" or "transcript" etc may not be transferable here.....

Having priorities set with no high hopes is the rational way of making a move if you want it reflecting positively on your, and your next generation's, future - especially when it comes to migrating. Disappointment and desperation are the only things you'd get if you've set your expectations too high, and this is commonly happening to those who end up moving without prior research.

While awaiting for your visa visa, its very important you research a lot, what's in demand, market dynamics in your field, alternates and local skills that you need to acquire there. This is something everyone of us should be aware of before the much awaited 'LANDING'.

Take as much funds with you as possible, not just the minimum suggested by CIC. I would suggest that you take at least savings for the first one year. Be prepared for a change in lifestyle. Try adapting to the Canadian lifestyle. Start building professional network even before the time you land. Times have changed and social media has evolved rapidly.world has shrunk - try LinkedIn(don't ask for jobs directly, they'll throw you out of their network, rather your profile should be strong enough to impress).

Ensure English (or French) and other skill sets are up to snuff. In many areas of the country (particularly urban), you would be speaking with others all speaking English or French with their own accents (not necessarily Canadian origin). And so proficiency is almost more important than ever since you will be hearing the languages spoken so differently by so many different people with so many different backgrounds... the plus side is most people here will have heard English (and French) spoken with your accent - but not necessarily the other way around?

Repurpose your application and resume for each job you apply for rather than a broad brushstroke. Start reading job boards, job descriptions and essential equirements, this should give you an idea of what background a Canadian employer seeks from candidates.

The list can go on, and on, so prepare yourself mentally to face these challenges.

That being said, I feel privileged to live here so far..and I love Canada

Source: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/those-who-plan-to-land-soonplease-please-research-hard-t123578.0.html#msg1858341

jimmy page

Feb 19, 2012
Hmmmm....check out general pervaiz kenney 's twitter:

https://mobile.twitter.com/kenneyjason

Jason Kenney @ kenneyjason19h
In the 1st half of 2013 " @ wandesure: @ kenneyjason when do we precisely espect the final procedures & announcement on the new FSW category?"

@ Harrysingh3222 Fair point. It will be a very limited number of new applications, helping us to asses the new grid & educational evaluation.

@ wandesure We will release the list of designated educational assessment bodies in early 2013.

@ sukhamrit15 Pre-2008 FSW apps are being returned, except for those on which processing had already begun. They're being finalized now.

@ SJoseph1201 Yes. The new FSWP applications that we accept in 2013 will be processed in under twelve months. We'll have a working inventory.

@ IlanaHornstein Yes, our goal is to launch the new Expression of Interest system around late 2014 / early 2015.

@ manrajgill80 53,500 is the target for admissions, not a cap on applications. Yes, it includes the spouses & kids of principal

Jason Kenney @ kenneyjason2d
@ DonDavies No, we claimed that the FSWP backlog had been reduced from 640K to 480K at the beginning of this year. It now stands at 100K.

Hmmm..so I guess this means that the new FSW category will be launched in the "first half of 2013".... not 1st JAN, 2013 exactly....good for us, if that's the case....
Bad thing is 53500 people will be admitted in 2013...and 100,000 people r pending... Which means the rest of 46500 people are looking at 2014.. :( great...*sigh*

ASK

Dec 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 Oct 2009
AOR Received.
29 Jun 2010
File Transfer...
06 Jan 2010
Med's Request
09 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
20 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
04 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
01 July 2013
LANDED..........
06 Oct 2013 (hopefully)
An interesting comparison I saw. Sharing it here for everyone's benefit. Please find link below:

http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/compare_cities.jsp?country1=Canada&city1=Calgary&country2=Canada&city2=Toronto

Might be helpful in deciding where to live in Canada. Knowing these things in advance will do no harm whether you have already received an update request or not!!!

Disclaimer: This website is not owned by me nor am I trying to promote it in anyway

destination canada

Jun 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2010
Doc's Request.
October 2010
AOR Received.
Nova-Scotia, October 2010
File Transfer...
Full Docs to LVO - January 2011, Second AOR May-2011
Med's Request
Feb.2014
Med's Done....
Feb.2014
Passport Req..
PPR-1 & PPR-2 on June 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 2014
NO MR/Update today so far, makes me sad :( :( :(

ASK

Dec 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 Oct 2009
AOR Received.
29 Jun 2010
File Transfer...
06 Jan 2010
Med's Request
09 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
20 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
04 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
01 July 2013
LANDED..........
06 Oct 2013 (hopefully)
destination canada said:
NO MR/Update today so far, makes me sad :( :( :(
Today is Sunday dear...Local post offices are having a holiday except in the middle east!!!

destination canada

Jun 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2010
Doc's Request.
October 2010
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Feb.2014
Med's Done....
Feb.2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
July 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 2014
ASK said:
Today is Sunday dear...Local post offices are having a holiday except in the middle east!!!
you are right, but, how come those boys got update request yesterday, and that is Saturday :eek:

eemmoo1

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jimmy page said:

In the 1st half of 2013 " @ wandesure: @ kenneyjason when do we precisely espect the final procedures & announcement on the new FSW category?"

@ Harrysingh3222 Fair point. It will be a very limited number of new applications, helping us to asses the new grid & educational evaluation.

@ wandesure We will release the list of designated educational assessment bodies in early 2013.

@ sukhamrit15 Pre-2008 FSW apps are being returned, except for those on which processing had already begun. They're being finalized now.

@ SJoseph1201 Yes. The new FSWP applications that we accept in 2013 will be processed in under twelve months. We'll have a working inventory.

@ IlanaHornstein Yes, our goal is to launch the new Expression of Interest system around late 2014 / early 2015.

@ manrajgill80 53,500 is the target for admissions, not a cap on applications. Yes, it includes the spouses & kids of principal

@ DonDavies No, we claimed that the FSWP backlog had been reduced from 640K to 480K at the beginning of this year. It now stands at 100K.

Hmmm..so I guess this means that the new FSW category will be launched in the "first half of 2013".... not 1st JAN, 2013 exactly....good for us, if that's the case....
Bad thing is 53500 people will be admitted in 2013...and 100,000 people r pending... Which means the rest of 46500 people are looking at 2014.. :( great...*sigh*
The good thing is that they will only accept very limited new applications. This will help them to concentrate of applications already in process.

jimmy page

Feb 19, 2012
eemmoo1 said:
The good thing is that they will only accept very limited new applications. This will help them to concentrate of applications already in process.
Oh--arsh just corrected me that the 53500 people in 2013 are for new applications, not us....is that correct Arsh ??I guess I'm a bit confused about these stats now... Chalo, watever man...we ll find out soon.

eemmoo1

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jimmy page said:
Oh--arsh just corrected me that the 53500 people in 2013 are for new applications, not us....is that correct Arsh ??I guess I'm a bit confused about these stats now...
No thats the overall estimates for FSW visas including dependents.

eemmoo1

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jimmy page said:

destination canada

Jun 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2010
Doc's Request.
October 2010
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Feb.2014
Med's Done....
Feb.2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
July 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 2014
eemmoo1 said:
No thats the overall estimates for FSW visas including dependents.
so does that mean not all of us will get visa in 2013 :( :( :(

thats something new coming out of kenney's mouth, whats the truth, a week ago he stated 250,000-265,000 will be getting new PR, so, which news to believe. :eek: :eek: :eek:

destination canada

Jun 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2010
Doc's Request.
October 2010
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Feb.2014
Med's Done....
Feb.2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
July 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 2014
jimmy page said:
Ok---so my intital thing was right ?? Fittay moon, kenny mama ka...chalo....dair aye, durast aye...
hay jimmy boy, what do you mean dude, whats happening....are we going in 2013 or NO