+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Those who Waiting EXPRESS ENTRY in Six Months and not finalized!!!!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
tuonglien said:
Hi all,

May I ask why government job will make the security check longer than other jobs?
My husband is police man, I wonder if it's bcs of his job that takes our case so long.

Thanks,
Having a government job by itself does not delay the BGC. Rather it is the kind of job and the country in which you are that makes more difference. CIC is concerned that any applicant is not a threat to the internal security to Canada, which includes that a prospective applicant is not a spy. Further, since permanent residents are eligible for most government jobs, they have to be very careful as to who is getting the PR.

Here is an old document that details how security checks are done. It's old, but does give you an insight of the procedure.

http://fas.org/asmp/campaigns/control/Canadianexemptionsfoia/FOIA_4_22_05/P5HX.pdf

No one knows about the current procedure as CSIS is very secretive about it and their website does not say much.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
nickarter84 said:
Well, I received my GCMS notes so I got to know from these notes that my LVO is ABU DHABI

Is there any harm to send CSE to both ABU DHABI and OTTAWA? or better to send to Abu Dhabi only?
Ottawa will not respond back, and even of they do, all they will say is they the file is not with them. You should send the email to Aby Dhabi or just send a CSE and they will direct it to the LVO.

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
legalfalcon said:
The GCMS dots don't say anything with regard to security. It's only passed or they write a concern, which too is removed then the notes are sent to you. But waiting for a day or two is not bad. I requested GCMS notes when I received my last notes and my BGC went in progress. Then I waiting for a month and ordered a new set, received the ghost mail and the PPR was here.

Based on my experience I suggested you about the GCMS but will leave it to your best judgment. A government job does not necessarily creat issues. Even I had one and in my case it was a top security clearance required job. But it dos not create any issues, just took a little longer than usual.
It's the same for me, in terms of security clearance. Maybe your country is just more responsive than mine, who knows. Anyways, it's good to know that GCMS doesn't have any info on security. I saw that you can order the notes on your security check immigration file from CSIS so if I end up waiting much longer I might try that. The wait time is 8 weeks though.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Tocanadawego said:
It's the same for me, in terms of top security clearance job. Maybe your country is just more responsive than mine, who knows. Anyways, it's good to know that GCMS doesn't have any info on security. I saw that you can order the notes on your security check immigration file from CSIS so if I end up waiting much longer I might try that. The wait time is 8 weeks though.
Ordering notes from CSIS is only for people who are applying for Canadian jobs and their security clearance is stuck with CSIS. Even though CSIS states that the will release notes, I very much doubt that they will give out and information for immigration applicants.

Just stay calm and lets see what your GCMS notes say. They will give a better picture about what is going on than just speculating.

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
legalfalcon said:
Ordering notes from CSIS is only for people who are applying for Canadian jobs and their security clearance is stuck with CSIS. Even though CSIS states that the will release notes, I very much doubt that they will give out and information for immigration applicants.

Just stay calm and lets see what your GCMS notes say. They will give a better picture about what is going on than just speculating.
Oh really? This is what I saw on their website:

Immigration and Citizenship Screening
As authorized by sections 14 and 15 of the CSIS Act, the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the Citizenship Act, CSIS conducts immigration and citizenship screening to provide security advice to the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) and Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on persons attempting to claim status in Canada who represent a threat to national security.

Through this program, CSIS provides security advice on:

permanent resident and citizenship applicants;
persons applying for visas, whether visitors, foreign students or temporary foreign workers; and
persons applying for refugee status.
While CSIS provides advice to its partners on potential threats to national security, the responsibility for decision making regarding a person’s admissibility to Canada, including the granting of a visa, or the acceptance of applications for refugee status, permanent residence or citizenship, belongs to IRCC.

How can I find out about the status of my immigration screening file?
For general information on immigration/ citizenship/ refugee/ visa-related issues, contact Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) at 1-888-242-2100 or the website www.cic.gc.ca.

To enquire about the status of a government clearance or an immigration screening file, the following information is required*:

a full name,
date and place of birth,
the signature of the applicant, and
a return mailing address as replies are not sent by email or fax.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Tocanadawego said:
Oh really? This is what I saw on their website:

Immigration and Citizenship Screening
As authorized by sections 14 and 15 of the CSIS Act, the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the Citizenship Act, CSIS conducts immigration and citizenship screening to provide security advice to the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) and Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on persons attempting to claim status in Canada who represent a threat to national security.

Through this program, CSIS provides security advice on:

permanent resident and citizenship applicants;
persons applying for visas, whether visitors, foreign students or temporary foreign workers; and
persons applying for refugee status.
While CSIS provides advice to its partners on potential threats to national security, the responsibility for decision making regarding a person’s admissibility to Canada, including the granting of a visa, or the acceptance of applications for refugee status, permanent residence or citizenship, belongs to IRCC.

How can I find out about the status of my immigration screening file?
For general information on immigration/ citizenship/ refugee/ visa-related issues, contact Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) at 1-888-242-2100 or the website www.cic.gc.ca.

To enquire about the status of a government clearance or an immigration screening file, the following information is required*:

a full name,
date and place of birth,
the signature of the applicant, and
a return mailing address as replies are not sent by email or fax.
I have read it too, and posted this in one of my posts long ago, however upon researching further, I was informed that they sanitize a lot of information when the do release the file. Therefore, finally what you get is just a piece of paper with missing information which points to nowhere. Even my last set of GCMS notes, a bunch of lines have been blanked out.

I am sure you won't need to go this route. Just wait for your GCMS notes and I will be happy to interpret them for you. The only information needed is the following to read the GCMS notes:

Eligibility:
Criminality:
Security:

This is usually in the first 3 pages.

Then at the end of your notes, you will have the actual notes from an analyst and agents. This is most important. Especially the one dealing with the eligibility and meeting FSW criteria.

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
legalfalcon said:
I have read it too, and posted this in one of my posts long ago, however upon researching further, I was informed that they sanitize a lot of information when the do release the file. Therefore, finally what you get is just a piece of paper with missing information which points to nowhere. Even my last set of GCMS notes, a bunch of lines have been blanked out.

I am sure you won't need to go this route. Just wait for your GCMS notes and I will be happy to interpret them for you. The only information needed is the following to read the GCMS notes:

Eligibility:
Criminality:
Security:

This is usually in the first 3 pages.

Then at the end of your notes, you will have the actual notes from an analyst and agents. This is most important. Especially the one dealing with the eligibility and meeting FSW criteria.
That makes sense. I was really surprised to see that they would release that information so easily. Thanks for the explanation. At least I know it's not worth going through the hassle. It's just that sitting idle is making me go crazy, so I want to do more and more all the time. I guess I just need to be patient and wait for my turn. Hopefully it comes soon.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Tocanadawego said:
That makes sense. I was really surprised to see that they would release that information so easily. Thanks for the explanation. At least I know it's not worth going through the hassle. It's just that sitting idle is making me go crazy, so I want to do more and more all the time. I guess I just need to be patient and wait for my turn. Hopefully it comes soon.
Trust me, I was in the same boat a few days ago. I reached the 5-month mark and started stressing out. When I hit the 6-month mark, I was on the verge of going insane. But then that was not helping me. So I read my GCMS notes, and with my legal training analyzed the law. The more I read, the more calmer I get.

But it is easier said than done. When you get your PPR a few days from now, trust me, you will look back and realize that all this stress was not worth it. A clearer picture will be available when you have your notes. Until then, stay calm and carry on.

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
legalfalcon said:
Trust me, I was in the same boat a few days ago. I reached the 5-month mark and started stressing out. When I hit the 6-month mark, I was on the verge of going insane. But then that was not helping me. So I read my GCMS notes, and with my legal training analyzed the law. The more I read, the more calmer I get.

But it is easier said than done. When you get your PPR a few days from now, trust me, you will look back and realize that all this stress was not worth it. A clearer picture will be available when you have your notes. Until then, stay calm and carry on.
during your research, did you come across any information that might help me? in my gcms notes, I have a refusal letter generated, reason for refusal is (from my point ) wrong., after they have generated and (so say the notes) sent the refusal letter to me - that I never got., they canceled all the actitivty in my notes ( security, etc went to not needed)., they could not finalize the refusal as the fees were not paid ( wrong again). a few days later, a different agent sends an instruction that a letter should be sent to the applicant (me) asking me to give more information and respond to the refusal reasons ( this letter i got), and my application went from canceled to opened again. I send the letter where I reflected on their concearns soon after. This was all in the begining of january.
Since then, silence.
They extended the validity of my medical and informed me that my application is in a queue for officer review.

What do you think? they tried to refuse me, failed in finalizing the refusal, started processing my application again, extended my medical, but my application is still pending in the air, this is what I feel.
Do you think they will end up refusing me, after going to all this truble, and the only reason they are not doing it is because I am still in a gueue?

And another strange this is, that my last 5 or even 6 CSE-s that I sent to Ottawa were all answered by the same person ( from the signature), the same person that ask for an extension of my medical, updated my file with new information regardin my sons last name, same officer that informed me my application is in a queue .. Do you think this is relevant at all? Normaly CSEs are answered by different officers, and so are the updates..

what do you think?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
yelena said:
during your research, did you come across any information that might help me? in my gcms notes, I have a refusal letter generated, reason for refusal is (from my point ) wrong., after they have generated and (so say the notes) sent the refusal letter to me - that I never got., they canceled all the actitivty in my notes ( security, etc went to not needed)., they could not finalize the refusal as the fees were not paid ( wrong again). a few days later, a different agent sends an instruction that a letter should be sent to the applicant (me) asking me to give more information and respond to the refusal reasons ( this letter i got), and my application went from canceled to opened again. I send the letter where I reflected on their concearns soon after. This was all in the begining of january.
Since then, silence.
They extended the validity of my medical and informed me that my application is in a queue for officer review.

What do you think? they tried to refuse me, failed in finalizing the refusal, started processing my application again, extended my medical, but my application is still pending in the air, this is what I feel.
Do you think they will end up refusing me, after going to all this truble, and the only reason they are not doing it is because I am still in a gueue?

And another strange this is, that my last 5 or even 6 CSE-s that I sent to Ottawa were all answered by the same person ( from the signature), the same person that ask for an extension of my medical, updated my file with new information regardin my sons last name, same officer that informed me my application is in a queue .. Do you think this is relevant at all? Normaly CSEs are answered by different officers, and so are the updates..

what do you think?
I would love to help you, but I am not privy to your notes. I would love to read the notes before I can conclusively say anything. I am aware that you have been waiting for a long time and have had issues with your application. I will not be concerned about the refusal if they withdrew it back, however, I would be interested in knowing if your application cleared the R.10 stage.

Usually, most applications are refused at that stage and the rest at the eligibility. Another factor that you have to remember is that the CIC agents are trained clerks who have ben taught to review applications mechanically without analyzing unique applications. In my notes too, the agent in one of his comments calls me a paralegal whereas I am a lawyer qualified in two countries. If they do not know the difference between a lawyer and a paralegal, I will not wonder if they mess up at other places.

If you don't mind could you share your notes or extracts with me and I will be happy to discuss them with you and do necessary research if need be.

If you are hesitant sharing your information on the forum, you can send me a PM, a message on FB or an email, whatever you may prefer.

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
legalfalcon said:
I would love to help you, but I am not privy to your notes. I would love to read the notes before I can conclusively say anything. I am aware that you have been waiting for a long time and have had issues with your application. I will not be concerned about the refusal if they withdrew it back, however, I would be interested in knowing if your application cleared the R.10 stage.

Usually, most applications are refused at that stage and the rest at the eligibility. Another factor that you have to remember is that the CIC agents are trained clerks who have ben taught to review applications mechanically without analyzing unique applications. In my notes too, the agent in one of his comments calls me a paralegal whereas I am a lawyer qualified in two countries. If they do not know the difference between a lawyer and a paralegal, I will not wonder if they mess up at other places.

If you don't mind could you share your notes or extracts with me and I will be happy to discuss them with you and do necessary research if need be.

If you are hesitant sharing your information on the forum, you can send me a PM, a message on FB or an email, whatever you may prefer.
yup,. my notes clared the R.10 stage, even criminality and security, foss etc., at the later stage I changed the status of my familly from not accomapnying to accompanying and they are interpreting this as loss of points, hence my eligibility went under review.

I think I covered the analysis of these issues.,

I was more wondering if you came across situations like this while researshing? When I spoke to a Canadian lawyer about it, he sad that my application will be resolved in a matter of days after they recive my response., but I has been almost 4 months. After they send you a reconsideration letter, the process should move quickly, but for some reason mine is not., There is no movement in my GCMS notes since then

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
yelena said:
yup,. my notes clared the R.10 stage, even criminality and security, foss etc., at the later stage I changed the status of my familly from not accomapnying to accompanying and they are interpreting this as loss of points, hence my eligibility went under review.

I think I covered the analysis of these issues.,

I was more wondering if you came across situations like this while researshing? When I spoke to a Canadian lawyer about it, he sad that my application will be resolved in a matter of days after they recive my response., but I has been almost 4 months. After they send you a reconsideration letter, the process should move quickly, but for some reason mine is not., There is no movement in my GCMS notes since then
I did. I believe there is a provision that deals with when the circumstances change and how the eligibility has to be decided. Let me look into it and i will get back to you by the end of the day.

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
Guys please add your details to PR TRACKER - we can then generate reports which are build into the tracker to see the trends.

The current reports can be found here

cseeker

Apr 3, 2014
Ottawa
Visa Office......
Inland
yelena said:
I won't be too surprised by this, looks like IRCC has a small team handling CSE's and the work is distributed among them based on the application type & CSE reason. I had to send some additional information for my application and I faced lot of issues (No upload in MyCIC and CSE response was to use MyCIC to attach requested docs) doing that. One fine day I happen to speak to a very helpful agent and she explained me how CSE's are handled and she even spoke with the person who handles CSE's and she asked me create a new CSE that would be handled on priority. Ultimately whatever she said turned out to be true and my new CSE was completed in 2-3 days.

nickarter84

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
LANDED..........
10-08-2016
legalfalcon said:
Ottawa will not respond back, and even of they do, all they will say is they the file is not with them. You should send the email to Aby Dhabi or just send a CSE and they will direct it to the LVO.
I have sent CSE to ADVO today.
According to their automatic reply, they give response in 15 business days.